Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,610 members, 7,932,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 01:25 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (831462 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 2:50am On Mar 18, 2008
Krrush:

Placed in coventary by some. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Meanwhile,notice how history seems to be repeating itself.

[size=13pt]Didn't the historical Napoleon Bonaparte place himself on self-exile on some islet called Elba,I think?[[/sizeWey that map of Europa,sef;wey compass?

Me sef i see am o. u know how we do it lipsrsealed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 2:53am On Mar 18, 2008
wanaj0:

The harm is that OVER diversification reduces your profit!!!! Nothing Union Bank will give that First Bank will not better. With UBA, Zenith, First Bank and GTB you are well covered as far as the banking sector is concerned.

As per the Barclays Bank ruour, Soludo has made it clear no foreign bank can take over any of the BIg banks (almost all are BIG banks now). So UBN should look for Access to take them over. No way Soludo will allow any Foreign investor to collect 30% of Union Bank!!!! Impossible!!!!!!

Baba Wanaj0 - see wetin you cause, your advocacy against UBN, now the thing dey on strong bid, on the day wey i sell. And, i talk am o, but dey say make man no gbo enu wif hin elders,

Even ma self you no put caveat emptor on the thing - walahi, na you dey pay my school fees - as i wan go do doctorate for Wharton,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 2:55am On Mar 18, 2008
Abeg who sabi shine candle. Please shine candle on IEI make i see road.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 2:59am On Mar 18, 2008
dont forget that info was dropped here the union will be doing a big po soon. priced mid 30's.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 3:00am On Mar 18, 2008
FatherOF2:

I don't expect Eterna to make it beyond this coming Thursday.

FofMany including moi, so na you talk am - your son dey there o, and your daughter-in-law no gree me commot.

This is it, with the new management - there is a high vision for changes and positive revenues with good PATs, but i guess we are all waiting for one result to justify the maiduguri run,

BTW - who knows when we should be seeing results, i am under the impression of anytime soon, and knowing NSE, some people go don see wetin dey happen.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 3:13am On Mar 18, 2008
greentree:

don't forget that info was dropped here the union will be doing a big po soon. priced mid 30's.

Agree, all i know is that Daddy Wanaj0 dey pay my wharton tuition

me i dey go sleep, greentree you no dey sleep - abi no be UK u dey?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 3:21am On Mar 18, 2008
Krrush your full of xxxx. why not go to euston station and jump on a fast train to coventry?

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 3:38am On Mar 18, 2008
greentree:

Krrush your full of xxxx. why not go to euston station and jump on a fast train to coventry?

Don't do requests,sorry. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by greentree(m): 3:46am On Mar 18, 2008
Krrush, ol boy i am going to sleep. let me leave you to cruise. in peace. wink

i wont out ya. promise. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

Green tree shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 3:59am On Mar 18, 2008
Suit yourself,greentree.

BTW,was only plucking your leaves with the "coventry" line. cool cool cool

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley Land'll soon be green smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 4:33am On Mar 18, 2008
Gentlemen, please.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by imiegba1: 5:02am On Mar 18, 2008
I beg anybody get information about Ikeja Hotel
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:48am On Mar 18, 2008
Krrush:

Agreed."Suspect",not "conclude".

@Wanajo or other ear-to -the -ground guru,fit come now to talk say "outstanding item" or such like,dey for the result.

Hence the needed financial anaysis before crusifixion lipsrsealed

Without seeing the result, most likely problem will be inadequate working capital thus leading to using overdraft to do business which inevitably led to the company paying banks. Result will likely be an AGM were a resolution will be passed to raise funds from the capital market instead of raising funds from banks.

The N1.5bn na turnover (value of goods sold over the year) not working capital. How much did they use to produce those goods? How much of that money was sourced from banks @ 20% interest rate? Add that to the personnel cost, distribution cost and other costs of production? Now look at the taxes that they have to pay etc.

So it is not a matter of mago mago. It is most likely an indication that the company is highly geared and need to raise funds. The potential for profit is huge as evident in the turnover.

For strategic investors, companies like poly products are target for takeover. Imagine buying majority stake in the company at ridiculous price. Do an offer to pay pay back the banks thus reducing the interest expenses. Grow the business and declare a 'jumbo' profit then cashout!!! That's what turnaround companies are all about.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tkb417(m): 8:02am On Mar 18, 2008
Na who tell you make you commot for eternaoil ride - siddon there o, there has been no indication of a slow down as of yet, in fact, e be like say my wife no go gree me commot until it touch 100, but, we shall see - as i fit don CiCo once it pass 70 mark
grin grin grin
me i no dey commot now cos i never see blood at all.
First aluminium sef but with the kind of volume that one is doing, i expect some sledge hammer on that one soon.
i don dey ready to bail out sha with 68% profits
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:15am On Mar 18, 2008
@krushh

OMG i just wake up see say e be like say my guy dey vex for me. no be so ooo Krush. i was just engaging in small banter with u last night on poly products. i apologise if u thought i was having a go at u man, far from it.

@ wanajo

on poly products, as i said in a post yesterday, i am sketical of any management with such a large turnover and small results to show for it, makes me think they are not thinking things thru especially their business plans. why go for a loan (if thats what they did) to run a business but shot urself in the foot with the interest rate? not cool. i am assuming they do have a viable business product but their plans arent being produced by effective enough management, but befroe i write them off let me give them a little mor time, like another quarter or two before concluding. ther's no sense in rushing
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cheexy: 8:52am On Mar 18, 2008
@aktopgun
Please shine candle on top IEI. Do you see it hitting 10 naira?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by speedy08(f): 9:08am On Mar 18, 2008
Somebody help me.

I placed an order for betaglass for 25,000 units with Zenith Securities after all the guru's recommended it here, and today i get a purchase order from them that they bought 109,120 units for me of Deltaglass, and even this was at N26.50, and this has put my account into serious debit.
I was hyperventilating before i called them and they told me that Deltaglass is the old name for Beta glass (guru's please confirm)
Do i call them to reverse this order since i didnt ask for it, or will it pay off?
If it will, i can raise the additional funds and fund my account, but if it will not, please advise me so i can start raising hell,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 9:15am On Mar 18, 2008
ahh!! good to be back after 2wks away. abeg l no fit read previous pages. whats the best PO/IPO in town now? l never take Aktopgun Vaccine against them grin.

again is any of these certificates out, Japaul, FCMB and Bank PHB?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Highlander: 9:35am On Mar 18, 2008
SavvyLanre:

FofMany including moi, so na you talk am - your son dey there o, and your daughter-in-law no gree me commot.

This is it, with the new management - there is a high vision for changes and positive revenues with good PATs, but i guess we are all waiting for one result to justify the maiduguri run,

BTW - who knows when we should be seeing results, i am under the impression of anytime soon, and knowing NSE, some people go don see wetin dey happen.

Everybody knows Eterna has nothing going for it other than sentiments. You may get badly burnt. cry cry cry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 9:54am On Mar 18, 2008
@speedy,

According to @pumping(read his previous posts) and another member of the forum, beta glass is highly recommend. The other member(can't remember his name) has said a bonus of 1 for 4 will be given.

I got some myself yesterday and keeping my fingers crossed.

The final decision is yours though.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 10:00am On Mar 18, 2008
aktopgun:

@krushh

OMG i just wake up see say e be like say my guy dey vex for me. no be so ooo Krush. i was just engaging in small banter with u last night on poly products. i apologise if u thought i was having a go at u man, far from it.

@ wanajo

on poly products, as i said in a post yesterday, i am sketical of any management with such a large turnover and small results to show for it, makes me think they are not thinking things through especially their business plans. why go for a loan (if thats what they did) to run a business but shot yourself in the foot with the interest rate? not cool. i am assuming they do have a viable business product but their plans arent being produced by effective enough management, but befroe i write them off let me give them a little mor time, like another quarter or two before concluding. ther's no sense in rushing

Go back to some three years ago, how many offers were successful? Presco IPO was not successful that's how IBTC got itself on its board as the underwriter. Same thing with First Aluminium. Hence most of such 'small' companies went for the loan option. With the unwillingness of banks to lend for the long term then, most of the companies had to go for overdraft or working capital type of loan. Even BIG companies like Wapco were not spared.

The management may look stupid now (out of hindsight)!!! I actually feel that they might have made a loss but are planning for an offer or maybe a core investor is coming in.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by stocknrock: 10:21am On Mar 18, 2008
Is it just me or is there something wrong that I do not know anything about?

How can dang sugar declare a bonus of 1 for 5 and that is met with a 5% loss in price?

Is the result that bad?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:24am On Mar 18, 2008
@wanajo

i see ur point. however the very fact that the IPO was unsuccessful says a lot to me. the mngt took the path of least resistance in going for a loan then, if indeed they did and are now paying for it. the interest has obviously eroded whatever profit they would have made.

Also even if their IPO/PO was unsuccessful, surely some people must have bought into it and i am assuming by unsuccessful u mean it didnt experience the level of oversubscription we are seeing in recent PO/IPO offers of recent memory. Even if it was 25% subscribed, the mngt have yet to show they have effectively put the money to good enough use going by their results.

th ejury is still out for me on polyproducts sha and i hope they do improve their margins.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 10:33am On Mar 18, 2008
does anyone know d allotment ratio of costain ipo?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 10:37am On Mar 18, 2008
@all,
i put some of the quotes from napoleon in my e-mail inbox.and it dissapeared from my e-mail,na waoo!!!.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by abdulm1(m): 10:42am On Mar 18, 2008
pls. can someone help me with this problem. i bought dangote flour during ipd and i have not received my return money or my certificate pls if anyone can tell what to do about this, i bought it from GTB bank.

thanks for ur anticipated reply.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by presido1: 10:47am On Mar 18, 2008
Pls guys i heard that wapco is going to do IPO very soon, what advantage will it have on ppl that have units with them already.
The stock is not doing well from my own pespective. I bought it from the floor for almost a year now but it remains stagnant till today.
Am considering selling mine but was adviced not to cos of the IPO they are planning to do. Pls ur view towards my post will be appreciated.

Then how good is guiness and first bank, they are not looking good as well.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lumidii: 10:48am On Mar 18, 2008
What is this gist going round on Dunlop?  Retrenchment, factory closing etc Is this part of the strategic turn-around? I hope the board-aspirant on here is on top of the goings-on in Dunlop.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 10:48am On Mar 18, 2008
I beg Londoncool you will need to yarn me about this  NHFTF and this hot-shot consultant with Natwest. I go e-mail una later on
@Roughcut,

I didnt quite get the NHFTF (?)  bit. !

The consultant. He even gave me tips on how he made his ex-employers pay his school fees for a programme with the London Business School (and you know how much that costs?).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 10:49am On Mar 18, 2008
stocknrock:

Is it just me or is there something wrong that I do not know anything about?

How can dang sugar declare a bonus of  1 for 5 and that is met with a 5% loss in price?

Is the result that bad?
@stocknrock,
sorry,cause dangote sugar is on strong offer.it will still shed more weight.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by husu(m): 10:54am On Mar 18, 2008
abdul_m1:

please. can someone help me with this problem. i bought dangote flour during ipd and i have not received my return money or my certificate please if anyone can tell what to do about this, i bought it from GTB bank.

thanks for your anticipated reply.
@abdull,
just go to oceanic registrers at falomo,with your Id card,and proof of purchase.they will attend to you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 11:09am On Mar 18, 2008
R.T. BRISCOE PLC
YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2007
2007 2006
TURNOVER N16.239b N13.162b
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION N899.306m N745.274m
TAXATION (N289.363m) (N213.498m)
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION N609.743m N531.776
PROPOSED DIVIDEND ISSUE 1 FOR 4
CLOSURE DATE MARCH 24 TO APRIL 4, 2008
PAYMENT DATE APRIL 25TH 2008

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.