Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:34 AM

Why The Long Courtship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why The Long Courtship? (444 Views)

After 8 Years Of Courtship Marriage Could Not Last A Year / 5 Reasons Why Long Courtship Not Advisable For Youth / Communication In Courtship; What You Should Talk About During Courtship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The Long Courtship? by Emmahunk(m): 9:47am On Jun 11, 2016
Over the years, I have been taking stock of the marital history of my peers and it has been quite revealing.
Albeit I am an advocate of courtship, I have always hated long courtships especially when they are directionless. What's the essence of keeping someone's daughter tied to your apron string for five years, only to come up with incompatibility nonsense as excuse?
Victor and Alfy were the closest way back then. Every one thought that their wedding bells would be the first to ring until the two became almost professional best man and chief bride's maid at each of our cliques' wedding.
They flowed so well that we all believed that they both had their reasons since money was not the problem.
Some of us however, showed the first signs of worry when they started attending our baby naming ceremonies while still courting. It had been six years of solid courtship. Still we were all confident and trusted their judgement. Victor, was a one girl man or so we thought while
men were scared of saying hi to Alfy for fear of Victor's political and financial background. Then, one day, out of the blues, Victor came up with the "incompatibility excuse" and all of us that tried talking sense into his stinking skull turned enemies overnight. To say that Alfy almost died is an understatement and I don't intend to bore you with the details either. Within six month, the same Victor that courted for six years, was married to an actress he met on flight. Today, he has been married three times and divorced three times without even a baby to show.
Alfy, picked up the pieces of her broken heart and is happily married to a moderate income earner and blessed with three kids.
Victor, is just one out of many of us out thre, why the long courtship ? What you can't notice in a girl in one year, can't be noticed in ten years.
Re: Why The Long Courtship? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 11, 2016
5 years is too much nah.. Haba!!

1 Like

Re: Why The Long Courtship? by mamawin(f): 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
To the ladies, I say don't go on a journey without your brain.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Best Dating App Gets Latest Update / 8 Nigerian Food To Never Order On A First Date / Father Finally Accepts Daughter’s Nigerian Husband After 19yrs On Father’s Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.