Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,437 members, 7,888,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:25 AM

After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted (4841 Views)

The Blessing Of Coming From A Broken Home / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). / Am Not Stone-hearted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 14, 2009
sara j:

@Leliah

Nothing to do with the topic, but I'm just wondering out of curiousity that out of the Yoruba and Igbo men,
here in Ireland
which one tends to marry whites more? Or is it the same?

Igbo men for sure.
Re: After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted by saraj(f): 5:04am On Sep 16, 2009
tpia.:

Igbo men for sure.

Why is that? Are Yoruba men and their families less tolerant of non nigerian wives?
Re: After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 16, 2009
sara j:

Why is that? Are Yoruba men and their families less tolerant of non nigerian wives?

quite obviously, dont you think? Or what would you like to hear?

Does that bother you in some way? Are you dating a Yoruba man?

I'm trying to understand why you're getting yourself worked up over this issue.

I believe you said you're half Irish and half Akwa Ibom, so how Yoruba is now disturbing you is what I dont get.
Re: After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted by saraj(f): 10:05pm On Sep 16, 2009
I am just curious, thats all

Don't bite my head off over it.
Re: After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 16, 2009
sara j:

I am just curious, thats all

Don't bite my head off over it.

nobody's biting your head off but if you're sensitive and have a thin skin, then you should know better than to start stoking up trouble.

I assumed you're a typical thick skinned Nigerian and so want to intentionally look for wahala.

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. If Yorubas arent disturbing you personally, leave them alone. If you're bothered by what you read about them on Nairaland, then dump your Yoruba friend/s and avoid the rest. No one is forcing you to associate with Yorubas.

There are other tribes who also marry whites- Bini, Ishan, Efik, Ijaw, Ibibio, Annang, Idoma, Tiv, Kalabari, etc. Why not compare their white marriage rate with Igbo.

On the other hand, is your Akwa Ibom side Igbo, because KB1 claims his fantasy Igbo wife is also from there.
Re: After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted by saraj(f): 12:15am On Sep 17, 2009
tpia.:

nobody's biting your head off but if you're sensitive and have a thin skin, then you should know better than to start stoking up trouble.

I assumed you're a typical thick skinned Nigerian and so want to intentionally look for wahala.

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. If Yorubas arent disturbing you personally, leave them alone. If you're bothered by what you read about them on Nairaland, then dump your Yoruba friend/s and avoid the rest. No one is forcing you to associate with Yorubas.

There are other tribes who also marry whites- Bini, Ishan, Efik, Ijaw, Ibibio, Annang, Idoma, Tiv, Kalabari, etc. Why not compare their white marriage rate with Igbo.

On the other hand, is your Akwa Ibom side Igbo, because KB1 claims his fantasy Igbo wife is also from there.

Re: After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted by Leilah(f): 9:28pm On Sep 20, 2009
@SARAH, how did your mam and dad cope with all the cultural differences, any tips on this?
Re: After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted by yommyuk: 2:06am On Sep 21, 2009
[td][b]nobody's biting your head off but if you're sensitive and have a thin skin, then you should know better than to start stoking up trouble.

On the other hand, is your Akwa Ibom side Igbo, because KB1 claims his fantasy Igbo wife is also from ther[/b]e.[/td]

embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided undecided undecided shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry angry
Re: After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted by saraj(f): 1:34pm On Sep 22, 2009
@Leliah

I don't know if there is any tips I can give you as everybody is different.
My parents came together in a very unusual way.
The race difference wasn't actually much of a problem for them.
My mother was a missionary nun in Nigeria and met my father who was
a priest.
So they had alot more challenges facing them other than race.
They both retired from the church because they wanted to be
together.
They got alot of hassle over it but they made the right decision.

You and your husband should relax and be yourselves, and
don't let race, culture or jealous people destroy your marriage.
I was reading that you have problems with your sister in law
who's igbo like your husband.
I think that she comes across as very bitter and if I were you
I would choose to ignore her from now on as she seems to not
be in support of the marriage.
Your husband should support you with your decision as you are
his wife and you should come first even before his siblings(never
mind an in law).
I can't understand why he would stick up for an in law over his
own wife especially his brother's wife who really does not have
any business with him. She seems like a troublemaker.
Re: After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted by Leilah(f): 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2009
Yeah she is, thankfully he ignores her also. He warned me just to say Hi to her thats all, but I dont think I can do that. i will just ignore her next time I see her (if I ever do) she is not welcome to our housewarming. All of my husbands brothers and sisters and mine phoned from abroad to congratulate us on the purchase of our new home and donated. She was the only one who didnt say one word.

What was it like for you growing up here Sara? thats really interesting.
Re: After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted by Epi: 11:20pm On Sep 22, 2009
@Leilah

Wow!! thank god you are a strong lady.  sometimes it's healthy to let out your what's on your mind. Are you hurting still?
Re: After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted by sosisi(f): 12:31am On Sep 23, 2009
Leilah again?
Re: After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted by spoilt(f): 2:41am On Sep 23, 2009
I tire oh! Leilah again. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Y Is D Rate Of Divorce At Its Peak Dis Days / Woman Parades Husband Naked After Catching Him Molesting Their 6 Year Old Houshe / Help! My Marriage Is Falling Apart. (MARRIAGE ISSUES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.