Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,504 members, 7,885,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 12:15 AM

First Born Wahala - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Born Wahala (866 Views)

Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? / Why Do People Like To Have Male Child As First Born? / Are You The First Born In Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Born Wahala by slimes(m): 8:24pm On Sep 17, 2009
Growing up was a kinmd of stressful for my only elder brother. We're just two brothers and all the blame, work and the likes were placed on him. He was like everywhere for me. I miss him though cos he is in Portsmouth now. The burden has now shifted to the second in command-me.

This is what some of my friends had to say when we were growing up:
1) Thank God, I no be first born
2) E no easy to be 1st born
3) I don tire
4) U won't understand.
Re: First Born Wahala by slimes(m): 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2009
I missed those good old days.
Re: First Born Wahala by Oluschenco(m): 4:16pm On Sep 24, 2009
First born palava no be small thing
Re: First Born Wahala by Outstrip(f): 12:02am On Sep 25, 2009
What are responsibilities of the first born
Re: First Born Wahala by Epiphany(m): 12:11am On Sep 25, 2009
Outstrip:

What are responsibilities of the first born

shocked
You dont know? Cant you guess. . . things like having to be responsible for your younger siblings (if you have any), being a good role model, parents always use you for 'trials' (the younger ones get away with a lot of things you as the older one never got away with) and so on and so on. I am not even mentioning things like having to be responsible for the parents welfare when they get older, having to listen to all their complaints (sometimes about the younger siblings etc etc
Re: First Born Wahala by Outstrip(f): 12:16am On Sep 25, 2009
Heavy is the head that wears the crown grin grin grin grin Most of them you can minimize if you want to.
Re: First Born Wahala by Epiphany(m): 12:38am On Sep 25, 2009
Outstrip:

Heavy is the head that wears the crown grin grin grin grin Most of them you can minimize if you want to.

True that, true that. But there are some you cannot minimize - like the parents and even the siblings expectations of or from you!

Or take a look at the royal family. The firsborns always have a 'heavy burden' placed on them like Prince Charles and his son, prince william. How will they minimize the expectations that the public has for them? Tough job, tough job!
Re: First Born Wahala by gaby(m): 1:01am On Sep 25, 2009
Everytime i see a topic like this it brings back memories but i always console myself with the knowledge that there is a reason i was chosen for this position and it is because the enablement to meet the inherent challenges,

It's a hell of an onerous task though as all eyes are constantly on you and God help you from slipping once in a while you'll be reminded that the steps you take as the first will determine the direction the others will go.
Re: First Born Wahala by blapo(m): 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2009
I call it first class responsibility, not easy at all

(1) (Reply)

Wetin Dem Dey Find? / Matured Ladies Please / Is This Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.