Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,771 members, 7,975,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 03:18 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (315345 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dancewith: 9:37am On Jul 14, 2011
Hi Justwise, Folks,

Whats the issue with English Language Test? Is it a new requirement and does Masters student require it, especially those from Nigeria which is assumed to have been taught in English?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by worry246(m): 9:43am On Jul 14, 2011
New requirements here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/can-you-apply/english-language/

Requirements are much stricter and just going to school in Nigeria is no longer enough.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:43am On Jul 14, 2011
dancewith:

Hi Justwise, Folks,

Whats the issue with English Language Test? Is it a new requirement and does Masters student require it, especially those from Nigeria which is assumed to have been taught in English?

Well. . .sadly UKBA did not see Nigeria like that, but for masters u wouldn't need to write the test though ur school will confirm that in the CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dancewith: 11:28am On Jul 14, 2011
justwise:

Well. . .sadly UKBA did not see Nigeria like that, but for masters u wouldn't need to write the test though your school will confirm that in the CAS

Many thanks!

worry246:

New requirements here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/can-you-apply/english-language/

Requirements are much stricter and just going to school in Nigeria is no longer enough.

Thanks for the information
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2011
Hello Justwise,
Please I will like to know if I still need to take and show the English test when I want to apply for my UK student visa, because my university did not request for it and gave me an unconditional offer, and it is an undergraduate course.
Thanks, I will be waiting for your response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2011
nology:

Hello Justwise,
Please I will like to know if I still need to take and show the English test when I want to apply for my UK student visa, because my university did not request for it and gave me an unconditional offer, and it is an undergraduate course.
Thanks, I will be waiting for your response

This link will help you understand the English Language issue http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance1.pdf

Start from[b] 91[/b] [b]E[/b]nglish [b]L[/b]anguage [b]A[/b]bility
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by worry246(m): 5:20pm On Jul 14, 2011
Some people have had offer but then been told to take English test.
The administration of schools is still learning new rules.
UKBA are making school responsible for following rules .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2011
Someone pls answer me
dming:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 9:18pm On Jul 14, 2011
Someone pls answer me
dming:

Hello All, If you are submitting a waec confirmation of results (in place of lost certificate) do you open the envelope containing the confirmation of results or do you leave it sealed
Pls i need answers from those who have applied using a waec confirmation of results. thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 7:33am On Jul 15, 2011
cool
@justwise, thanks for the link. I have contacted my school and asked them if I should write an English test, they said no that they will vouch on my behalf on my C.A.S.
Thanks also @worry246 cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:44am On Jul 15, 2011
nology:

cool
@justwise, thanks for the link. I have contacted my school and asked them if I should write an English test, they said no that they will vouch on my behalf on my C.A.S.
Thanks also @worry246 cheesy

Good job, u are covered now. Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:46am On Jul 15, 2011
dming:

Hello All, If you are submitting a waec confirmation of results (in place of lost certificate) do you open the envelope containing the confirmation of results or do you leave it sealed
Pls i need answers from those who have applied using a waec confirmation of results. thanks.

Can somebody answer this question pls.^^
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dapto(m): 1:22pm On Jul 15, 2011
Sombody,pls help me out.
Can i use a foreign statement of accout particularly frm d US
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 6:57pm On Jul 15, 2011
Hi Guys,

It has been so long! If you go to the very first post I have updated it with some answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs).

Please let me know if you feel there is any question that gets asked repeatedly that is not listed there. This should help save time for everybody in the future.

We have also launched a new programme for those of you in the UK looking for a career. The programme not only trains you free of charge in management and business support theory (certified by CMI, Chartered Manager's Institute, see www.managers.org.uk), but also provides paid and unpaid work experience. We need at least 20 candidates for our prospective employers this August/September. Upon completing the placement ranging from 2 weeks to 15 weeks, you may be offered a permananet role with the employer or we will forward you to other companies. For more details email me with a copy of your CV and job requirements at director@degreeangel.co.uk.

Please excuse our website which is currently undergoing a revamp, but will hold more details by the beginning of August.

Regards,

DegreeAngel UK Ltd
http://www.degreeangel.co.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2011
@justwise,
the school i applied to is requesting for the english test for a master diploma course and they kept referring me to this UKBA web page
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Again2(m): 7:37am On Jul 16, 2011
sean001:

@justwise,
the school i applied to is requesting for the english test for a master diploma course and they kept referring me to this UKBA web page

Your school have every right to request for English language test from you if they deemed it necessary. just take the test
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 9:19am On Jul 17, 2011
@Again2
Much Txns,i will take the test. i was just considering the time it will take for the result to come out,i just hope i won't miss the september admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:28am On Jul 17, 2011
sean001:

@Again2
Much Txns,i will take the test. i was just considering the time it will take for the result to come out,i just hope i won't miss the september admission.

If you took the exam online u will get the result much quicker. You will not miss the Sept admission
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 6:37am On Jul 18, 2011
Praise God! I got my visa and wish everyone waiting for theirs the very best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 9:28am On Jul 18, 2011
mazamaza:

How many working days did yours take?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 10:18am On Jul 18, 2011
8 working days, including the day I submitted my application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 10:21am On Jul 18, 2011
mazamaza:

8 working days, including the day I submitted my application

Which of the VHS centre did you use cos the Ikeja told us 15 working days,why d discrepancy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 10:28am On Jul 18, 2011
Yes, they say 3weeks because that is the maximum it would normally take to process, But sometimes, its quicker and gets ready in a week or two, I was told 3weeks at the VFS office at ikeja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by graciousme(f): 10:34am On Jul 18, 2011
mazamaza:

congrats bro,God will give everyone waiting a testimony too. i rejoice with you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 10:35am On Jul 18, 2011
mazamaza:

Yes, they say 3weeks because that is the maximum it would normally take to process,  But sometimes, its quicker and gets ready in a week or two,  I was told 3weeks at the VFS office at ikeja.

Mine will be 2weeks tommorrow and from their site,it has still been forwarded to BHS.What brings about delay in some others.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 10:38am On Jul 18, 2011
Just relax and pray, I know how you feel but what can you do now but leave all to God? It is well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Skii(m): 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2011
Justwise and other good people in the house,
I made an application to study for an MSc program in a Uni in the UK but it was turned down,
I want to know if I can still go ahead to make another application to the same Uni but for a different program stil in the same faculty
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Skii(m): 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2011
the first app was made by an agent though
i want to make this one by myself
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2011
Skii:

the first app was made by an agent though
i want to make this one by myself

Why did they turn it down? What was written in that refusal letter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Skii(m): 12:29pm On Jul 18, 2011
nothing o, just a notification of rejection
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 12:29pm On Jul 18, 2011
Turned down from the school or the embassy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Skii(m): 12:30pm On Jul 18, 2011
mazamaza:

Turned down from the school or the embassy?

the school

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (141)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.