Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,160 members, 7,887,380 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:55 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (313279 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 10:22am On Jul 20, 2011
@Mama Kings - I know this is a very distressing time for you right now, but worrying will not help. Remember 1% of applications to Nigeria take up to three months to receive a response (we don't know why). so no news may be good news. However, in my experience the longer it takes for a response often indicates more is being queried and perhaps means a rejection is possible. Try and recall all you submitted in your application and I hope you used a trusted bank in Migeria. If you feel anything you did may not have been 100% perfect start preparing documents now for a reapplication a rejection is not the ned of the world and provided you have not touched the money in your account you can reapply immediately.

@Bountimore - Following UKBA's guidance is very important. If you follow it to the letter, they cannot reject you, if you do not follow any of their guidance (more like rules) then you have to pray the officer reviewing your documents uses his/her own judgement in your favour. From what you have said, it is unlikely you will be rejected even though you did not follow the guidance correctly. But this depends on the officer and some are less forgiving than others. The academic reference you submitted, was it requested by the university or you submitted it of you free will?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 20, 2011
@justwise thanks for ur response, d course I chose before is foundation to degree in management(level 5) and now d new school offers diploma in leadership and management level 5 too, hope its ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by MamaKings: 10:42am On Jul 20, 2011
I used Skye Bank and also used Preparation For Life as visa advisers (they cross checked all docs). Is Skye Bank a trusted banK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 11:04am On Jul 20, 2011
@ell77

, Thx!, as per the academic reference, the school requested it while i was seeking admission with the school, i submitted 2 academic refs to the school, but when they issued me my CAS, the school has only indicated in my CAS that the Docs I used in gaining the admission was MY BTECH CERT, TRANSCRIPT and WACE!, they didnt include it in the CAS that I used academic references as well, so upon applying for the VISA i only submitted the Docs the School indicated in the CAS (BTECH CERT, TRANSCRIPT and WAEC), i didn't put academic refs in the visa application cos the school hasn't put it as one of the documents in the CAS issued to me even though it was one of the Docs i used in gaining the admission, but upon reading UKBA Guidance, they instructed that all Docs used in gaining admission should be submitted, even Academic Refs which I did't submit to them because my school hasn't indicate that i should submit that too on the CAS, Thats my only fear now!, do u think it matters?, *deep breathe*

Sorry about my long note though, just tryna make myself clear!, Thx!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 11:08am On Jul 20, 2011
@Mama Kings

Sorry about your delay, but i really do hope u get a response soon and i understand u used PFL,so i guess all should be fine atleast. was just going to ask u if u did subscribed for the VFS SMS Notification, with that i assume they will notify u on the progress of your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dapto(m): 11:33am On Jul 20, 2011
@ell77 or anyone
Pls,can i use a foreign accout (dat is d option i have now) and how do u advise me to go about gettin d court affidavit as my guardian incidently resides abroad.
Lastly,my CAS only specified my certificate and waec.They dint indicate my transcript.Pls,shud i go ahead and submit d transcript wit my application or just obey d CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2011
Mama Kings:

I used Skye Bank and also used Preparation For Life as visa advisers (they cross checked all docs). Is Skye Bank a trusted banK?

Yes, I assume Skye Bank is a trusted bank, you are more likely to have problems with microfinance banks or banks that have been known to falsify information or are unable to provide complete information when contacted by UKBA. Please, remember you are responsible for your visa application even if you use and agent/advisory service.

bountimore:

@ell77

, Thx!, as per the academic reference, the school requested it while i was seeking admission with the school, i submitted 2 academic refs to the school, but when they issued me my CAS, the school has only indicated in my CAS that the Docs I used in gaining the admission was MY BTECH CERT, TRANSCRIPT and WACE!, they didnt include it in the CAS that I used academic references as well, so upon applying for the VISA i only submitted the Docs the School indicated in the CAS (BTECH CERT, TRANSCRIPT and WAEC), i didn't put academic refs in the visa application cos the school hasn't put it as one of the documents in the CAS issued to me even though it was one of the Docs i used in gaining the admission, but upon reading UKBA Guidance, they instructed that all Docs used in gaining admission should be submitted, even Academic Refs which I did't submit to them because my school hasn't indicate that i should submit that too on the CAS, Thats my only fear now!, do u think it matters?, *deep breathe*

Sorry about my long note though, just tryna make myself clear!, Thx!

I understand your confusion now, funnily enough I have never experienced this with my universities but to be on the safe side you should have included all documents you used to apply for the admission to university. This should have been on any CAS information they sent you, but because you cannot see the information the university has forwarded to the UKBA you should have included the reference as well. Universities electronically fill a UKBA database holding your CAS number and the documents used to assess you. If there is a discrepancy between the database and what they sent you the UKBA has the right to reject you as the onus is on you to provide the evidence not the university. This is not a good part of the system and UKBA are likely to be lenient about this so I would not worry but in future, more is better than less. I will include this point in the very first post for others to avoid this headache. But like I said, it is likely this will be overlooked especially as your transcript and certificate are more critical docuements than references anyway (as these are more easily faked).

Dapto:

@ell77 or anyone
Pls,can i use a foreign accout (dat is d option i have now) and how do u advise me to go about gettin d court affidavit as my guardian incidently resides abroad.
Lastly,my CAS only specified my certificate and waec.They dint indicate my transcript.Pls,shud i go ahead and submit d transcript wit my application or just obey d CAS
@Dapto - Submit the transcript and you can only use the guardian's account overseas if this person has gone to court and been appointed by the court as your legal guardian, otherwise it can only be your biological parents account, or your own account. Also your guardian's account must be at a sound institution which if it is in Europe or USA is likely but for countries outside these areas you must be more careful. Please see the very first post for more details.

I am not sure how quick it will take to have your guardian become your legal guardian if he/she is not already. A quicker solution would be to have the money transferred to your account. The guardian can also make it a joint account and write an accompanying letter that they agree these funds are available for your study.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dapto(m): 1:30pm On Jul 20, 2011
@ell77,thanks 4d wise counsel.But there is an issue to the transcript.As a rule,transcript are sent to d school directly and as such if am to get another transcript from my university here by hand,wont the date on d new one contradict d one i used in applying or wil they understand.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2011
@justwise waitin 4 ur resp pls,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 3:06pm On Jul 20, 2011
Everybody is now talkin abt trusted bank,please is Diamond bank a trusted bank.Also,hope the tracking on the VFS site works good, ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 3:14pm On Jul 20, 2011
Dapto:

@ell77,thanks 4d wise counsel.But there is an issue to the transcript.As a rule,transcript are sent to d school directly and as such if am to get another transcript from my university here by hand,wont the date on d new one contradict d one i used in applying or wil they understand.

@Dapto - contact your university that you sent your transcript to, they are supposed to send you back your original documents (if they have and it has been lost most likely if not sent by secure courier, ask for them to document this in wiritng for use with your visa application and if possible get a new transcript from your university and ask the UK university to acknowledge this is the same as the one they received via email (or ask them to email a scanned stamp copy of your transcript to hold alongside your new re-issued transcript).

phraoh:

Everybody is now talkin abt trusted bank,please is Diamond bank a trusted bank.Also,hope the tracking on the VFS site works good, ?

A trusted bank should cover every major bank in Nigeria including Diamond bank, First bank, Access bank, GTB etc etc. UKBA will soon start publishing details of banks they regard as not trusted banks. In the meantime, stay away from microfinance banks or private banks not regulated by the government.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by zibah1: 3:25pm On Jul 20, 2011
please i want to ask, in showing evidence of funds, can statement in NGN be accepted as long as the money is equivalent to the pound amount reqiured or must it be funds in pounds which are held in a dorm account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2011
Please,is the tracking on VFS reliable.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BigPhil1: 5:16pm On Jul 20, 2011
@ell77 and Justwise,
I just started counting down my 28days today because I the last tranche of money was deposited yesterday. I will be making my application on the 17th August 2011 and my school resumes 12th september 2011. further to this my CAS also states that i submit only my certified original degree certificate.

I want to ask
1. will there be enoygh time for application processing and grant of visa from 17th aug to 9th sept? Can i still apply on that date?

2. Does it mean i dont need to submit any other acedemic document except my degree certificate as stated on the CAS or are there other acedemic documents ( SSCE result, etc) to be submitted though not stated in the CAS. The CAS stated I dont need to show proof of my english ability to the UKBA. Pls clarify what documents I should submit?

Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 7:45pm On Jul 20, 2011
zibah1:

please i want to ask, in showing evidence of funds, can statement in NGN be accepted as long as the money is equivalent to the pound amount reqiured or must it be funds in pounds which are held in a dorm account?

Please refer to very first post for details of applying. Your banks statement will normally display NGN amounts because it is a Nigerian account, you are required to put the Pounds sterling amount and conversion rate in writing on the statement using www.oanda.com (UKBA guideline).

phraoh:

Please,is the tracking on VFS reliable.

If the internet system is working well and there has been no server downtime then yes, most people first find out through tracking via internet or a text I have heard.

Big Phil:

@ell77 and Justwise,
I just started counting down my 28days today because I the last tranche of money was deposited yesterday. I will be making my application on the 17th August 2011 and my school resumes 12th september 2011. further to this my CAS also states that i submit only my certified original degree certificate.

I want to ask
1. will there be enoygh time for application processing and grant of visa from 17th aug to 9th sept? Can i still apply on that date?

2. Does it mean i dont need to submit any other acedemic document except my degree certificate as stated on the CAS or are there other acedemic documents ( SSCE result, etc) to be submitted though not stated in the CAS. The CAS stated I dont need to show proof of my english ability to the UKBA. Pls clarify what documents I should submit?

Regards

17th aug to 9th sept is more than three weeks, UKBA website states most people would have received their application reponses by this time so it is certainly possible. From my experience most of my candidates received responses between one and two weeks. You can also try and get your university to send you extension of time for the entry clearance officer in case you enter the UK late.

Please refer to very first post for details of applying.
You should apply with your degree certificate and any other documents you used to apply for the university place in the first place. More is better than less.

Hope this clarifies things, remember people please refer to very first post for details of applying before posting as a lot of repetition is occuring.

All the best!

Regards

DegreeAngel UK Ltd
ww.degreeangel.co.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2011
@dming, I only submitted my statement of result, transcript and bank statement. Then admission letter with my cas doc, Then a print-out of the conversion rate of pounds to naira on the day I submitted.
@nology, I applied for post graduate studies. It took 8 working days. I applied at the end of june and got the visa first week in july,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 9:59pm On Jul 20, 2011
@nology, I didn't write an english test. The univeristy assessed me in their own way by asking for proof that I was taught in english back in my country. Write to your school and ask them what they would prefer you do. Wish you all the best,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 10:21pm On Jul 20, 2011
@mazamaza 10x. wen u leaving?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mass3000(m): 12:19pm On Jul 21, 2011
Help needed,
Will UK work visa refusal effect on Australian tourist visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dapto(m): 7:27pm On Jul 21, 2011
Hey Mazamaza,am happy for you Man,Congrats!

Please do us a favor,can you dispel our fears about the aplication process.Like 'Bountimore' was disturbed that he did'nt submit the reference letter he used in applying to the school initially with the visa application.Pls,did u submit yours along with your application or is it a prerequisite?
Then is it true that laminated document are allowed?
Lastly,did u use your own personal accout? and hope they dint ask about the source?
Thx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2011
@Dapto, yeah ur on point, exactly "mazamaza" could help out, I did used laminated copies o, is that another fear? undecided, I hope note, mazamza u must have laminated ur credentials too cos i know most of us do!, waiting ur reply!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by MamaKings: 11:22am On Jul 22, 2011
I finally heard from vfs and i have been given my student visa. Thank u to all those who encouraged me. Also, there are no problems with lamination of your certificates coz i laminated mine as well. I am really grateful to God.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 11:28am On Jul 22, 2011
Mama Kings:

I finally heard from vfs and i have been given my student visa. Thank u to all those who encouraged me. Also, there are no problems with lamination of your certificates coz i laminated mine as well. I am really grateful to God.

Am very happy for you,when did u apply and which VFS office?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by MamaKings: 11:44am On Jul 22, 2011
My application took 3 weeks plus! I applied at Lekki
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2011
congrats @Mama Kings

Now u know what i want u both to do for us?, @Mama King[/b]s and[b] @mazamaza?, both of u should kindly give the details of the documents you used in applying in order to help prospective visa applicants, just do it in ur way and just a summary of the procedures u took and probably the duration it took in order to put other applicant's mind at rest!

Although i have applied and am presently awaiting my result tooo,

Thank you in advance you both!, when are u moving?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 11:52am On Jul 22, 2011
Mama-kings and Mazamaza success is a soothing relief to my nervous and edgy sef, They should tel us what they did to help prospective applicants and those of us who have submitted to have rest of mind.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by vgbg88: 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2011
please can you ppl help, i was refused a visa on four counts
firstly am a masters student here , they said my sch didnt include expected graduation date and that i didnt nclude any savings or any things that shows i have a future plan here in nigeria
secondly my dad is the sponsor, i submitted hez acct stmt but didnt include is other doctuments, they said theres no evidence as o hez source of income and are not genuinely sure this funds will be available to me
and lastly my cousin sent the invitation letter and employment papers and acct stmt, bur they said they are not sure about the type of accomodation that is available to me or that she will be able to accomodate me.

the problem i av is , sch doesnt include dates cos of the way education system is here, uncertainties both on sch's part and students part culd crop up anytime. i went back to sch and was simply told they only state that one is still fully registered and studying.

i av gotten all my dad's business papers and property evidence but he is not in d country at the moment so i cant get the old account stmt, can i used anoda account stmt which he has in the house already?

finally my cousin has said she'll scan her pay slips to me and a confirmatory letter.

am jus worried sick about if i can use anoda of my dad's account cos he wont be back soon

the letter from sch, previous acct stmt and introduction letter from my dad, where not returned,
please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 12:38pm On Jul 22, 2011
vgbg88:

please can you ppl help, i was refused a visa on four counts
firstly am a masters student here , they said my sch didnt include expected graduation date and that i didnt nclude any savings or any things that shows i have a future plan here in nigeria
secondly my dad is the sponsor, i submitted hez acct stmt but didnt include is other doctuments, they said theres no evidence as o hez source of income and are not genuinely sure this funds will be available to me
and lastly my cousin sent the invitation letter and employment papers and acct stmt, bur they said they are not sure about the type of accomodation that is available to me or that she will be able to accomodate me.

the problem i av is , sch doesnt include dates cos of the way education system is here, uncertainties both on sch's part and students part culd crop up anytime. i went back to sch and was simply told they only state that one is still fully registered and studying.

i av gotten all my dad's business papers and property evidence but he is not in d country at the moment so i cant get the old account stmt, can i used anoda account stmt which he has in the house already?

finally my cousin has said she'll scan her pay slips to me and a confirmatory letter.

am jus worried sick about if i can use anoda of my dad's account cos he wont be back soon

the letter from sch, previous acct stmt and introduction letter from my dad, where not returned,
please help

From your post,its obvious that u aint looking for Student visa(correct me if am wrong).I will suggest that you post on the General Uk visa enquiries as this thread is for Student visa.Goodluck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 12:38pm On Jul 22, 2011
@vgbg88

From ur points, i assume its a visit visa u have applied for? I mean its not a Tier4 study visa, is it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by vgbg88: 12:40pm On Jul 22, 2011
okay guys sorry, its a visting visa i only needed help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2011
ACCOMMODATION IN UK

Dear Nairlanders,

For those of you applying for your visas or who have gotton your visa already and are thinking of where you will stay in the UK. We may be able to help, it is quite difficult to get accommodation through estate agents here when you have no UK account or credit history or UK employment. For many their only options are to stay with relatives if this is possible or stay in halls of residence and beg them to let you go after realising the high cost involved was not necessary. We are able to provide accommodation for students ranging from £4,250 per annum to £6,000 per annum. Along with full receipts, contractual documentation and letters of confirmation. Deposits required vary and range from a period of one month deposit plus one term's rent in advance (i.e. one month rent plus four months rent as the figure is based on a one year Master's course). This could mean paying as little as £1,770 (roughly N440k) for four months rent!

Please contact us to tell us your accommodation requirements including the full details of your university and campus.

director@degreeangel.co.uk
and
housing@degreeangel.co.uk

Regards

DegreeAngel UK Ltd
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Slyp: 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2011
@mama kings and mazamaza: i m saying a big comgrat to you guys as i keep praying and hopful of mine too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.