Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:58 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312916 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2011
oh jeez!, I just got a mail of accommodation offer from my school oooo,asking me to accept the offer for accommodation, and i did envisaged this, I paid a fee of 4250p and asked them to deduct 250p for accommodation on my transfer form , but on receiving my CAS the school didn't put on the CAS that I paid for accommodation and they only said (amount paid till date-4250p) and i assume that they haven't deducted the 250p for accomodation, instead they have put all towards tuition as they only said amount paid till date-4250 on the CAS, please I applied for VISA giving this information to UKBA that I have paid 4250p as tuition as put on my CAS, i hope now the school will not go and deduct the 250p for accommodation from my total amount paid and cause a confusion with UKBA,because this will now mean my Tuition is 4000 as against 4250p that was put in the CAS initially which i claimed, and I learnt that the school updates the CAS they send to UKBA, am really confused as it seems they have just deducted the 250p and will go ahead to tell UKBA that my tuition is 4000 as against the 4250 put on the CAS given to me, now that they have given me an accomodation offer,

Please people advise what do i do, i have already applied for VISA since MONDAY!, really am not rested at all, am feeling UKBA has contacted the school already and they are trying to figure out my funds or something, for the school to have just offered me accommodation after 1month of application now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2011
@Bountimore - I can tell you are very anxious right now, unfortunately this makes it quite difficult to determine what you are saying has happened to you from what you have written. Please contact your university and ask them exactly what they have entered on the CAS system for UKBA and see if it correlates with what you told the UKBA.

Or try and repost what you said in a step by step manner here for us to have the chance to advise you better. Now is not the time to panic but the time to act, if there are any issues your university may be able to explain this to UKBA with an edit to the CAS.

Regards

DegreeAngel UK LTd
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 6:49pm On Jul 22, 2011
Congratulations mama kings and mazamaza!

I am so glad to hear success stories on this thread.

See it is not impossible people! Keep applying if you know this is your opportunity to achieve! smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2011
@ell77 and all

Here it is now!

I paid 4250p in all
I told the school to use 4000p for tuition and 250p for accommodation and filled the accommodation form
But on sending me my CAS, the school sent me a CAS saying : Amount paid till date- 4250p
They didn't indicate on my CAS that 4000p for tuition, 250p for accommodation, they said Amount paid till date- 4250p
So i assume the whole 4250 is for tuition as they put on my CAS Amount paid till date- 4250p

Now I applied for VISA telling UKBA that I have paid 4250p for tuition as my CAS has not indicated that they have deducted 250p for accommodation
Today The school sent me a mail of accommodation offer saying I should accept my accommodation offer in the next 5-days.
Now my fear is I hope the school hasn't gone ahead to deduct 250 for accommodation as they have now offered me accommodation and that means my tuition will now be 4000p as against the 4250p i told UKBA and if they will update that to UKBA, this will automatically cause a confusion.

What do I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2011
bountimore:

@ell77 and all

Here it is now!

I paid 4250p in all
I told the school to use 4000p for tuition and 250p for accommodation and filled the accommodation form
But on sending me my CAS, the school sent me a CAS saying : Amount paid till date- 4250p
They didn't indicate on my CAS that 4000p for tuition, 250p for accommodation, they said  Amount paid till date- 4250p
So i assume the whole 4250 is for tuition as they put on my CAS Amount paid till date- 4250p

Now I applied for VISA telling UKBA that I have paid 4250p for tuition as my CAS has not indicated that they have deducted 250p for accommodation
Today The school sent me a mail of accommodation offer saying I should accept my accommodation offer in the next 5-days.
Now my fear is I hope the school hasn't gone ahead to deduct 250 for accommodation as they have now offered me accommodation and that means my tuition will now be 4000p as against the 4250p i told UKBA and if they will update that to UKBA, this will automatically cause a confusion.

What do I do?

Here it is now!

I paid 4250p in all
What is the difference between the total money you had to show (tuition fees and maintenance) and the money you displayed on your balance?

They didn't indicate on my CAS that 4000p for tuition, 250p for accommodation, they said  Amount paid till date- 4250p. So i assume the whole 4250 is for tuition as they put on my CAS Amount paid till date- 4250p
Ok, on the CAS it said Amount paid till date- £4250 without differentiating tuition from accommodation

Without confirming from the school you decided to assume they had not listened to you/made a mistake and wrote down something different to what you had requested the school should do.

Today The school sent me a mail of accommodation offer saying I should accept my accommodation offer in the next 5-days. Now my fear is I hope the school hasn't gone ahead to deduct 250 for accommodation as they have now offered me accommodation and that means my tuition will now be 4000p as against the 4250p i told UKBA and if they will update that to UKBA, this will automatically cause a confusion.

What do I do?

Without knowing whether the university has deducted £250 toward accommodation or not it is hard to advise you. Your best bet is to contact the university to ask them exactly what they have entered on the CAS system for UKBA and see if it correlates with what you told the UKBA. If it does not, ask them to change it if possible and include a note on the change stating it was an error or misunderstanding. If they refuse, ask them if they will accept £250 sent to them to top up the tuition and then declare this was an error (highlight how unclear the CAS letter they sent was and how you did not want to disturb them by asking them to edit the letter before). Speak to the international advisors being as clear as possible and act fast!

The UKBA may be understanding, but they have refused people for more minor errors. If you have excess sums in your account it may work in your favour more. If your visa is refused and you have enough time you can apply again without predjudice but you will have lost the N68,000 application fee, there is no right to appeal if you are sending new documents for confirmation (though it may be possible for administrative review this can be lengthy and you have to prove you made no mistake).

Don't worry too much but try and sort it out sooner rather than later.

All the best

DegreeAngel UK Ltd
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 3:31am On Jul 23, 2011
I'm surprised to hear that a school still take tuition this low (GBP 4000).
Please which school is this, and can you suggest any other low tuition paying school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 7:00am On Jul 23, 2011
@ell77, thx, my actual tuition is 7500pounds and maintenance of 5400p,stands at abt 2.2NGN but I put 3.2NGN in my account.

Can I ring the school today, its a staturday,do they work on weekends? Thinking I should reject the accomodation offer,mayb the 250p wouldn't be deducted then? Or I beta send them 250p on monday?

This is just a confusion, as I feel UKBA has contacted d school already,I feel that is what has prompted them to send me an accomodation offer to confirm if I want or nt? What do u feel?

@naijamark, D actual tuition was 10,000p, I had 25% scholarship that made it 7500p, university of NOrthampton.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2011
bountimore:

@ell77, thx, my actual tuition is 7500pounds and maintenance of 5400p,stands at abt 2.2NGN but I put 3.2NGN in my account.

Can I ring the school today, its a staturday,do they work on weekends? Thinking I should reject the accomodation offer,mayb the 250p wouldn't be deducted then? Or I beta send them 250p on monday?

This is just a confusion, as I feel UKBA has contacted d school already,I feel that is what has prompted them to send me an accomodation offer to confirm if I want or nt? What do u feel?

@naijamark, D actual tuition was 10,000p, I had 25% scholarship that made it 7500p, university of NOrthampton.

Thanks, I was just wondering, 4,500 was way to cheap cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ejy2011: 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2011
This's my first time 2 post something on this thread though i have been reading peoples comment from the first 2 the last page. big thanks 2 justwise. after reading his advice on student visa application, i went straight 2 submit my application and got my visa after 11 working days. i submitted without any other advice from any visa agent. submited on 7 july and got my visa on 22 july. i was so scared cos the age in my transcript is different from that in my passport. i did'nt want 2 ask 4 advice cos i know people will advice me against submiting d application in order not to be refused and ban 4 10yrs. i took the risk and submit the application. thank God it came out positive.
thanks 2 everyone that have posted either question or answer as they have contributed 2 the success of my visa application. they were some other errors during the filling of my visa application form but the ECO overlooked them. thanxs 2 almighty God
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:09am On Jul 24, 2011
ejy2011:

This's my first time 2 post something on this thread though i have been reading peoples comment from the first 2 the last page. big thanks 2 justwise. after reading his advice on student visa application, i went straight 2 submit my application and got my visa after 11 working days. i submitted without any other advice from any visa agent. submited on 7 july and got my visa on 22 july. i was so scared cos the age in my transcript is different from that in my passport. i did'nt want 2 ask 4 advice cos i know people will advice me against submiting d application in order not to be refused and ban 4 10yrs. i took the risk and submit the application. thank God it came out positive.
thanks 2 everyone that have posted either question or answer as they have contributed 2 the success of my visa application. they were some other errors during the filling of my visa application form but the ECO overlooked them. thanxs 2 almighty God

Congratulation and very nice of you to come back here to share with everybody.

Good luck with ur studies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dapto(m): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2011
@ejy2011
Only God could av dat 4 you.CONGRATS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 12:53pm On Jul 24, 2011
Congrats ejy2011
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by graciousme(f): 10:35pm On Jul 24, 2011
ejy2011:

congrats God is a miracle worker
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 7:22am On Jul 25, 2011
Am happy to hear the Good news on this forum and i thank God for that, But my question is y the variances in the processing of the Visa Apllication,is it cos of the VFS centre or wat?Some wil get theirs in 10days ,odas 15 days etc,Why?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ejy2011: 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2011
i still believe that the time limit is a function of individual ECOs. some ECO waste much time in scruitinizing documents while some are more interested in the authenticity and roboustness of applicants account. in my observation, it's better to have mis representation in other documents than any document that relates to ur financial acount like statement of account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2011
@Bountimore call your school today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 6:19pm On Jul 25, 2011
@ejy2011 congraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatsssssssss!
Please I will like to know the application centre exactly. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 6:21pm On Jul 25, 2011
@all,
Sorry I have not been able to respond so I am going to answer all the questions.

Please, endeavour to use all documents submitted to obtain your cas no matter how insignificant it may seem, Even emails to and from the school to clarify issues. So yes, I submitted the reference letter which mentioned that I was taught in english and email correspondence to confirm that they (the school) decided to assess me with that letter so I didn't need the ielts test. I used my personal bank statement showing enough funds to cover the maintenence fees and the balance of the tuition, I also made it a bit over for maybe things like my flight ticket (that is not required but we know how funny these people get), I plan to leave in september because remember that even while your visa starts running from say july, you are only allowed into the uk no earlier than 1 month before your school's resumption date, I got help to fill up my account from a relative but I insisted that he put as reference (mazamaza tuition fees) so that showed on my statement and they didn't query the source. I don't really know about laminated copies as I barely submitted a lot - just my transcript, statement of result, reference letter to state I was taught in english and a personal statement to aid my application where I reiterated my intentions of returning at the end of my course. With my statement was a coverletter frm my bank and that morning, I printed the pound to naira equivalent from www.oanda.com to show the exchange rate on the day of my application.

It might help to reference each document and arrange according.

I wish you all who haven't received theirs the very best. Just submit all you can and leave the rest to God!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 6:41pm On Jul 25, 2011
Sorry, I meant Naira to Pound equivalent,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dapto(m): 8:03pm On Jul 25, 2011
@mazamaza
Gud one man,thanks 4 dropping those 'expo',God bless you.Pls,wil just like u 2 shed more light.
Pls,is dat Personal statement compulsory and how do we reference each document.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 10:23pm On Jul 25, 2011
I am not a man oo, Hehehe, It is advisable to add a personal statement in the additional information column or on an extra sheet. State how you would like to study in the prestigious university and plans of returning to nigeria and how you plan to put your course to good use back here in Nigeria. Referencing your docs is just numbering the pages and tallying the number and doc type on the added info section.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by chukudi: 10:45pm On Jul 25, 2011
documents i submitted 4 visa

degree statement of result( mentioned in my CAS)
transcript(mentioned in my CAS)
statement of account(3 months)
cas statement
visa application forms(personal detail form & self assessment form)
nysc cert.

documents i didn't submit
reference letter
copy of oando exchange print out or any other document

In my opinion, i still think one should only send those documents mentioned in his cas in addition 2 statement of account. one can as well include ref. letter &  oando print out(not compulsory) in addition 2 the documents mentioned in cas though i didn't include them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 26, 2011
Hi all, i submitted the same documents as chukudi except the following:
1. No NYSC certificate
2. I only printed a 30 day statement
And i got my visa yesterday.
NB: I submitted laminated documents and i didnt include any "additional info" cos i didnt think i needed to.

Thanks for the help.

Now, one more question, do i get a one-way or return ticket?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 7:33am On Jul 26, 2011
@eezeebone congrats. what skool r u goin?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2011
eezeebone:

Hi all,  i submitted the same documents as chukudi except the following:
1. No NYSC certificate
2. I only printed a 30 day statement
And i got my visa yesterday.
NB: I submitted laminated documents and i didnt include any "additional info" cos i didnt think i needed to.

Thanks for the help.

Now, one more question, do i get a one-way or return ticket? 

Congrat, i wish more pple the same good news.

You can buy return ticket, the difference is not much anyway.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dapto(m): 8:26am On Jul 26, 2011
@eezeebone,
Congrats,so happy 4u.
Concerning ur 30-day bank statement,did u put the whole sum at once and did u specified that it was 4 ur maintenance and tuition just like what 'mazamaza' did in order to allay fears about d source.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 9:28am On Jul 26, 2011
@eezeebone

Congrats and how long did it take to get ur VISA?

Best of Luck pal!, Happy for u!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 26, 2011
@dming , Its Lancaster University
@justwise Thanks boss,, i'd do the return ticket then
@Dapto, , i deposited it in batches, N1.6 today, 1m the next day and just like that. Once it was complete , i added 300k just to ensure it doesnt fall victim to rate surge, contined to use my acount normally but counted the 28 days from the day the sum was complete. There were no references stating the source or use for the money, just normal credits. It ended up being okay.
@bountimore , I submitted on 08 July and collected on 25 July. That leaves 12 working days.

Thanks all. And more successes to come.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 10:16am On Jul 26, 2011
@ell77 and ALL

Thanks so much for your concern, i did rang my school yesterday, spoke with the Finance and accommodation depts, and i was told at finance that the sum i paid in hasn't been splitted for accommodation and tuition, its all been directed towards tuition, they confirmed they could split it for me if i wanted and I told her i had already applied to the Embassy and informed the Embassy that i pad 4250p for tuition and the Lady assured me the sum won't be touched in order not to cause confusion with the embassy.

So i guess I should put my mind at rest now and trust God

Thank you ell77
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 11:32am On Jul 26, 2011
eezeebone:

@Dapto, , i deposited it in batches, N1.6 today, 1m the next day and just like that. Once it was complete , i added 300k just to ensure it doesnt fall victim to rate surge, contined to use my acount normally but counted the 28 days from the day the sum was complete. There were no references stating the source or use for the money, just normal credits. It ended up being okay.
@bountimore , I submitted on 08 July and collected on 25 July. That leaves 12 working days.

You put in your maintenance money in batches.My maintenance funds was put in bulk and not in my name.Please will BHC think that its dubious or something.

Its putting the whole money in bulk,a problem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 11:47am On Jul 26, 2011
bountimore:

@ell77 and ALL

Thanks so much for your concern, i did rang my school yesterday, spoke with the Finance and accommodation depts, and i was told at finance that the sum i paid in hasn't been splitted for accommodation and tuition, its all been directed towards tuition, they confirmed they could split it for me if i wanted and I told her i had already applied to the Embassy and informed the Embassy that i pad 4250p for tuition and the Lady assured me the sum won't be touched in order not to cause confusion with the embassy.

So i guess I should put my mind at rest now and trust God

Thank you ell77

@Bountimore - glad to hear that news, it sounds like your application should be okay now. Stop worrying and pray to God to finish the work He started for you.

phraoh:

You put in your maintenance money in batches.My maintenance funds was put in bulk and not in my name.Please will BHC think that its dubious or something.

Its putting the whole money in bulk,a problem.

For UKBA Tier 4 PBS Student Visa, the BHC has no right to question whether your money came in at once or in batches they are aware as a student this money was unlikely to come from any salary or business you were doing and was most likely sponsored by your parents or a gift. No need for explanation it will be fine.

eezeebone:

@eezeebone - Congrats! Return ticket is normally cheaper than single journey for some strange reason and it is okay to buy either. Try ad space it out until it reaches summer holiday if possible or near end of your degree if it is a one year course.

chukudi:

documents i submitted 4 visa

degree statement of result( mentioned in my CAS)
transcript(mentioned in my CAS)
statement of account(3 months)
cas statement
visa application forms(personal detail form & self assessment form)
nysc cert.

documents i didn't submit
reference letter
copy of oando exchange print out or any other document

In my opinion, i still think one should only send those documents mentioned in his cas in addition 2 statement of account. one can as well include ref. letter &  oando print out(not compulsory) in addition 2 the documents mentioned in cas though i didn't include them.

Congrats chukudi - but please don't make assumptions about that oanda exchange rate, because although it is a minor issue and rarely picked up, it CAN BE USED FOR REFUSAL!

Under Appendix C - Maintenance (funds) Paragraph 1A(f), it explicity says:

"Where the funds are in one or more foreign currencies, the applicant must have the specified level of funds when converted to pound sterling (£) using the spot exchange rate which appears on www.oanda.com* for the date of the application"

See the following link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/appendixc/

A number of people, do not follow the rules explicitly and get through, others who try to follow may not, it depends on the leniency of your ECO. No one can refuse you if you follow the rules however. Bear this in mind and aim to be accepted first time, more is better than less. Afterall, what does it take for you to right down oanda exchange rate, you use more energy posting on this thread! Think about it.

Regards

DegreeAngel UK Ltd
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 26, 2011
@ell77 , thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.