Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,859 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:25 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312917 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2011
@ell77,

Thanks for your post buh are u sayin that some ECO can refuse one for not puttin the oanda rates,i didnt put though i have more than enough of the 5400Pounds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2011
The reference letter I said I submitted should not confuse people. It was a letter the school I applied to requested to see proof that I was taught in english here in nigeria to be able to assess me by* that meant I didn't have to write the ielts test. Different schools will have their requirements and what they can work with so it is advisable to write to the school and ask them about that and what exactly they need to test your english. As the the currency rate, yes, some people may get away with it but why bother when you can just print it as it was mentioned in the new conditions for the tier 4 visa. And because some these people look for the flimsiest reasons to deny entry, its better to just add it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dapto(m): 1:04pm On Jul 26, 2011
@eell77
U r a blessing 2 dis forum.
As a rule of thumb,it's gud to submit all d document used in gettin admission to d ECO.
Now,d statement of result i used in gettin d admission is no more presentable-simply faded.So i had to go and get another frm my univ here.But d problem now is dat d date on d new one is obviously different frm d previous one and my univ has destroyed it (since it is illegal 2b in possesiön of 2 result).Hope d ECO wil understand since d only difference is just d date.
Also,i had to get another transcript to present to d ECO since my school sent d first one directly to d univ. in d UK.Pls,what do i do inorder not to implicate mysef wit all dis?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by KBerry87: 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2011
Hello everyone, ave got all my documents set, The CAS Letter and the documents used to obtain it, the bank statement (but i cant get a cover letter because it is savings account), My TOEFL Score report,an itenary and a work experience. Hope that is ok, Or do i need more EG. Affidavit of Support?
Pls help me out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by maryini(f): 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
@mazamaza thanks for the info, i have just submitted my application.Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2011
Hello everyone that has gotten a Vis[/b]a,

please did u guys submit photocopies of all the original documents u used in applying for VISA along side ur application?

Most importantly, did everyone submit a [b]photocopy of passport data page?
, cos id didn't, as the copy i submitted was stamped and returned to me by VFS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 11:46am On Jul 27, 2011
phraoh:

@ell77,

Thanks for your post buh are u sayin that some ECO can refuse one for not puttin the oanda rates,i didnt put though i have more than enough of the 5400Pounds.

Yes they can, whether they will or not is another story. This is especially true for those whose exchange rate has fluctuated significantly to take them below the needed funds in the time the visa is being processed.

mazamaza:

The reference letter I said I submitted should not confuse people. It was a letter the school I applied to requested to see proof that I was taught in english here in nigeria to be able to assess me by* that meant I didn't have to write the ielts test. Different schools will have their requirements and what they can work with so it is advisable to write to the school and ask them about that and what exactly they need to test your english. As the the currency rate, yes, some people may get away with it but why bother when you can just print it as it was mentioned in the new conditions for the tier 4 visa. And because some these people look for the flimsiest reasons to deny entry, its better to just add it.

Exactly

Dapto:

@eell77
U r a blessing 2 dis forum.
As a rule of thumb,it's gud to submit all d document used in gettin admission to d ECO.
Now,d statement of result i used in gettin d admission is no more presentable-simply faded.So i had to go and get another frm my univ here.But d problem now is dat d date on d new one is obviously different frm d previous one and my univ has destroyed it (since it is illegal 2b in possesiön of 2 result).Hope d ECO wil understand since d only difference is just d date.
Also,i had to get another transcript to present to d ECO since  my school sent d first one directly to d univ. in d UK.Pls,what do i do inorder not to implicate mysef wit all dis?

So long as the document holds the same correct information the date of print should not be an issue. Yes it looks suspicious and under other visas would probably be called up on but for points based visa they are not allowed to reject you on this. You can send a small explanation however to accompany this if you are worried (a letter from your school is even better). But I would not worry about it, so long as none of the documents sent were ever fake.

KBerry87:

Hello everyone, ave got all my documents set, The CAS Letter and the documents used to obtain it, the bank statement (but i cant get a cover letter because it is savings account), My TOEFL Score report,an itenary and a work experience. Hope that is ok, Or do i need more EG. Affidavit of Support?
Pls help me out

I am not sure what you are referring to by the items in bold. So long as your bank statement is in your name and covers a period of 28 days (with the full amount of funds available for that whole 28 day period) and you put the www.oanda.com rate on the bank statement that should be fine as you have stated you have already got all the documents you used to apply for the CAS there (were any additional items that you did not use to apply included on the CAS? If so rectify this with the school). All you need now is to fill the form correctly, pay the fee and submit the documents.

bountimore:

Hello everyone that has gotten a Vis[/b]a,

please did u guys submit photocopies of all the original documents u used in applying for VISA along side your application?

Most importantly, did everyone submit a [b]photocopy of passport data page?
, cos id didn't, as the copy i submitted was stamped and returned to me by VFS

If you have submitted originals this should be fine.

Regards

director@degreeangel.co.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2011
@bountimore,
Yes, they advise applicants to make photocopies of all documents especially those you hope to receive back. It is true that the copy of your passport data page is given back to you with a refence number to enable you track your application online.

Please, every prospective applicant should be up to date with the tier 4 page on the ukba incase any changes are made, Read the terms and conditions no matter how long they are. It helps, And follow whatever advise and terms are given there.
I wish you all God's favour
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 8:45am On Jul 28, 2011
Remember ladies and gentlemen, you should allow 3 months before your course start date where possible to apply for your student visa. So if you are taking your time - beware!

Regards
director@degreeangel.co.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ejy2011: 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2011
Yes, i submitted d photocopies of my documents but the photocopy of the data page of my passport was given back 2 me 2geter with vfs referernce paper which i gave back 2 them the d day i went 4 collection.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Slyp: 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2011
I was thinking it takes just 2weeks for uk student visa to be processed. Mine is almost 3weeks now n i m yet to recieve an alert for collection. Pls what could be the cause of this delay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2011
@Slyp the average processing time is 15 working days, sometimes its shorter and sometimes longer depending on if they do some checks, so dont be bothered as 3 weeks is just 15 days, you'ld probably hear from them tomorrow or monday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Slyp: 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2011
@dming
thanks alot for your encouragement. I really do hope to hear from them soonest.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Slyp: 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2011
@dming
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Slyp: 8:52pm On Jul 28, 2011
@dming
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 9:09pm On Jul 28, 2011
All praise to God Almighty.

I jes collected ma passport with ma 2years and 6 months student visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Slyp: 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2011
@phraoh
congratulations!!! Pls tel me the days it takes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 9:25pm On Jul 28, 2011
Mine was 16 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2011
phraoh:

Congrat bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2011
@ Justwise and elle77,

I thank you guys pass.U guys are simply wondafl.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2011
phraoh:

@ Justwise and elle77,

I thank you guys pass.U guys are simply wondafl.
Its all good, we pray for more good news from other pple.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 10:42pm On Jul 28, 2011
phraoh:

congrats, wat sch u going?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 6:49am On Jul 29, 2011
University of Portsmouth.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by samsanyus(m): 11:40am On Jul 29, 2011
@Justwise, I will be applying very soon but I need clarification on tier4 dependant. VAF9 Part 5a, my wife and my son will be visiting later, may be next year before the end of my msc programme just for two weeks. Should I include their info here though I don't know the exact date and my child does not have a passport number yet. Kindly advice, i don't want to take chances with the ECO. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2011
samsanyus:

@Justwise, I will be applying very soon but I need clarification on tier4 dependant. VAF9 Part 5a, my wife and my son will be visiting later, may be next year before the end of my msc programme just for two weeks. Should I include their info here though I don't know the exact date and my child does not have a passport number yet. Kindly advice, i don't want to take chances with the ECO. Thanks

I think u should apply for urself for now, when you are sure of the date and time for them to visit u then they can apply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by graciousme(f): 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2011
praise be to God, He has done it again. the testimonies shall continue in Jesus name. collected mine today!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2011
And the numbers keep swelling,please more,more.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2011
graciousme:

praise be to God, He has done it again. the testimonies shall continue in Jesus name. collected mine today!

Congrat!!! More good news to come.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Slyp: 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2011
Congratulations o, I wil be the next by the grace of God
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2011
Slyp:

Congratulations o, I wil be the next by the grace of God

It will be ur turn for good news next week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2011
@graciousme

Congratulations dear!, best of luck on the the steps that follow dear!

I and slyp to go!

meanwhile  graciousme: did u pay for accommodation as well or had accommodation offer before ur visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by graciousme(f): 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2011
bountimore:

@graciousme

Congratulations dear!, best of luck on the the steps that follow dear!

I and slyp to go!

meanwhile  graciousme: did u pay for accommodation as well or had accommodation offer before your visa application?

yes i paid my accommodation deposit,just 200p but i did not indicate it in my form.a copy of the receipt was scanned to me but it was not indicated in my CAS so a friend adviced that i should not include it in my application form so i dint. success to you Guys . anyone going towards st james park?

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.