Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,193 members, 7,887,458 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:10 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (313282 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Skii(m): 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
well, i got a 2.2 but its one of the unis that will consider anyways
i am hoping it doesnt have anything to do with the transcript that i presented initially as that one was laden with errors.
i have since obtained a corrected copy now
so i dont know if making an application with "a different transcript" (albeit corrected) within the same department would appear like to them??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:49pm On Jul 18, 2011
Skii:

the school

Oh ok, i thought u meant visa refusal.

The school should have told u why they did not offer u the admission, There must be a reason
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2011
Skii:

well, i got a 2.2 but its one of the unis that will consider anyways
i am hoping it doesnt have anything to do with the transcript that i presented initially as that one was laden with errors.
i have since obtained a corrected copy now
so i dont know if making an application with "a different transcript" (albeit corrected) within the same department would appear like to them??

You may need to look for another school, applying again to the same school with a 'correct' transcript wouldn't convince the school. they might have thought that u forged the transcript even if you did not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sawyouwalk: 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2011
hello house, on the online application for student visa, they ask you have you been refused before?, i answered yes the next question was now when did you apply?, i cant actually remember the exact date i applied because that was august 2009 i just put some days before the application was refused because i cant remember the exact date i applied , but in the addittional information i put the refrence number and i explained that i cant actually remember the exact date i applied, so please advise me, can this be used against me, because i never seen this type of question before what i normal see is when was the application refused. please advise me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2011
Yes, write to them in an email and ask why you were turned down,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2011
sawyouwalk:

hello house, on the online application for student visa, they ask you have you been refused before?, i answered yes the next question was now when did you apply?, i cant actually remember the exact date i applied because that was august 2009 i just put some days before the application was refused because i cant remember the exact date i applied , [b]but in the addittional information i put the refrence number and i explained that i cant actually remember the exact date i applied, [/b]so please advise me, can this be used against me, because i never seen this type of question before what i normal see is when was the application refused. please advise me.

That is the right thing to do. I don't think they will use that against you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2011
When they refuse you on your passport, they usually write down a reference number and the date so if you have that passport, you would have that information. All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2011
hello justwise and d rest,
pls i wil like to ask if i can change my sponsor cos d sponsor i used b4 i was refused is a B sponsor and now i want to choose a highly trusted sponsor, and i wil also like to know if i can change my course to a related course to d course i chose before refusal, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:12pm On Jul 18, 2011
dammiac:

pls i wil like to ask if i can change my sponsor cos d sponsor i used b4 i was refused is a B sponsor and now i want to choose a highly trusted sponsor, and i wil also like to know if i can change my course to a related course to d course i chose before refusal, thanks

U can change sponsor, look for similar course in another school and apply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 9:43pm On Jul 18, 2011
@dammiac, were you refused? If yes, what reason was given? Sorry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by maryini(f): 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2011
I tried reading the earlier posts to see how many months account statement u need to submit and am really confused, can someone help me out pls, i am submitting my application on Wednesday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:27pm On Jul 18, 2011
maryini:

I tried reading the earlier posts to see how many months account statement u need to submit and am really confused, can someone help me out pls, i am submitting my application on Wednesday

28days and not more than a month after the 28days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by maryini(f): 10:56pm On Jul 18, 2011
@justwise, thanks, hw much is d application fee as of this month?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2011
maryini:

@justwise, thanks, hw much is d application fee as of this month?

I don't know abt the fees, some other pple here will know that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 11:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
Maryini, you can submit a 6-month statement with the required amounted having sat in your account for 28 days, I think the fees is 68,850, And if you pay at the vfs office, you pay an extra 500, Remember to get a print-out of the conversion rate of naira to pounds from www.oanda.com on the day of your application, All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 7:42am On Jul 19, 2011
@ALL, HAVE MADE MY APPLICATION YESTERDAY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

@MAZAMAZA, Hello, do u mean one should put an oando.com conversion print out with one's application, I only used a 6-month statement ooo and a reference letter from my bank!, That was all?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by mazamaza: 8:22am On Jul 19, 2011
I know I saw that somewhere on their website. I think under the conditions or so. But I guess you would be fine because they will check themselves, It is just for them to see the rate on the day of submission. Wish you all the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Skii(m): 8:57am On Jul 19, 2011
Guys,

I have been hearing and even reading recently of how people are saying jand is dead, or dry or this and that,

Whats so dead about them? Is it their education? Society? Or their new government?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2011
dammiac:

What was d reason for refusing u Visa,DAMMIAC.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BigPhil1: 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2011
@phraoh,
OandA converter is a currency conerter that has updates on rates. The UKBA uses the conversion rate as the day of your submission to convert the currency to GBP.

For example if on 19th July 1 GBP= 256 Naira, then your maintenance fund and tution balance is 9200GBP just multiply that by 256 to get how much you much have untouched in your account.

That is to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by phraoh(m): 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2011
Big Phil:

@phraoh,
OandA converter is a currency conerter that has updates on rates. The UKBA uses the conversion rate as the day of your submission to convert the currency to GBP.

For example if on 19th July 1 GBP= 256 Naira, then your maintenance fund and tution balance is 9200GBP just multiply that by 256 to get how much you much have untouched in your account.

So is that now a problem for some of us that submitted without it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BigPhil1: 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2011
@phraoh,
I dont think so. As long as you had the required sum needed in your account UKBA will verify the conversion.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2011
Dear All,

Many of the questions you have asked were answered recently in an update of the very first post written by me; if you go to page one.

Some answer to questions on this page:
Big Phil:

@phraoh,

phraoh:

So is that now a problem for some of us that submitted without it.

@Pharoah - Unfortunately, everything you do in an application that goes against the direct instruction of UKBA has the potential to result in a rejection. Something as minor as this however, is likely to be overlooked but is at the discrepancy of the officer. Just pray, I doubt very much this will result in a rejection but others should make sure they do not make the same mistake as some officers decide not to use their judgement and follow the rules STRICTLY.

Skii:

Guys,

I have been hearing and even reading recently of how people are saying jand is dead, or dry or this and that,

Whats so dead about them? Is it their education? Society? Or their new government?

@skii - To answer your question, you should ask the people who say these comments directly. You might be surprised many have not even travelled as far as the airport let alone UK! However, many people who are here/have come here do experience disillusionment mainly because of two reasons: (1) High cost of living: whichever way you cut it, your percentage of income in UK goes to much more expenses than in Nigeria and people find it hard to save, (2) Lack of job opportunities: The recession and the coalition government's stance on immigration has reduced opportunities for employment for migrants to the UK and it is especially difficult to cinch the higher paying roles. This is why DegreeAngel has found it necessary to branch into helping graudtaes with employment and business ownership opportunities because many are struggling. Email director@degreeangel.co.uk for more info.

Regards

DegreeAngel UK Ltd
www.degreeangel.co.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2011
For those of you with a more creative side and looking for ways to sustain yourself whilst in the UK, it would be worth taking courses/learning how to gain skills to run the following business/self employment opportunities. Please note you will be able to do this once you have gained your Post Study Work Visa (PSW), during your studies you will be unable to run your own business/ take up self employment:
[center]Balloon Service

Party Planning

Event Planner

Inventor

Music/Cooking Lessons

Party Entertainer/MC

Wedding Consultant

Calligraphy

Candle Making

Family photography/Portraits service

Decorative items i.e. Christmas Decorations

Dance Instructor

Hand-Painted Greeting Cards/IV cards

Hand-Painted Pots/Vases sold on ebay

Sculptures

Furniture making

Knitting/Sewing

Jewellry/Coral bead making

Logo Design/Business Card or Marketing Material design

Artist

Painter and decorating

Flower decorating

Stenciling[/center]

Although these seem fairly small business ideas depending on your entreprneuiral talent and the market there is potential to develop these businesses into medium sized enterprises. For graduates with more ambitious ideas, please contact director@degreeangel.co.uk, besides business skills training we are also able to help with funding!

Regards

DegreeAngel UK Ltd
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2011
@justwise,
thanks a lot for all your help. I have an issue bothering my mind about my application i am proposing. i wasn't aware of any policy guidance when i started planning until i had an interview with school i applied to (through skype). My mum actually gave me 7,200 pounds for my maintenance fee while my sister who is in the uk is to be responsible for the payment of my school fees which is 4,980 pounds. My initial believe was that the ukba recognizes funds held in foreign account to that of our local banks here, so i transferred the 7,200 pounds to my sister. It was during the interview i was referred to the Tier 4 of the Points Based System – Policy Guidance when i stated that my sister will be responsible for my school fees and maintenance fund.
To get this resolved, i believe the money has to be transferred back to Nigeria in which the cheapest means by my inquiries is through bank transfer. My concern now is that if the money is to be transferred into my account, who will i claim will be my sponsor, myself or my mum? won't they suspect a foul play as it will show clearly from my statement of account who transferred the money and how it was transferred.Am so confused please help me out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:34pm On Jul 19, 2011
sean001:
@justwise, thanks a lot for all your help. I have an issue bothering my mind about my application i am proposing. i wasn't aware of any policy guidance when i started planning until i had an interview with school i applied to (through skype). My mum actually gave me 7,200 pounds for my maintenance fee while my sister who is in the uk is to be responsible for the payment of my school fees which is 4,980 pounds. My initial believe was that the ukba recognizes funds held in foreign account to that of our local banks here, so i transferred the 7,200 pounds to my sister. It was during the interview i was referred to the Tier 4 of the Points Based System – Policy Guidance when i stated that my sister will be responsible for my school fees and maintenance fund.To get this resolved, i believe the money has to be transferred back to Nigeria in which the cheapest means by my inquiries is through bank transfer. My concern now is that if the money is to be transferred into my account, who will i claim will be my sponsor, myself or my mum? won't they suspect a foul play as it will show clearly from my statement of account who transferred the money and how it was transferred.Am so confused please help me out
Only if u had listened to muami here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=331618.msg8527047#msg8527047 he explained the issue of sponsorship and maintenance fees there for you couple of days ago.

Check the first page of this thread ell77 has updated it and you will see question of school and maintenance fees answered.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 7:13am On Jul 20, 2011
@ALL, Made my VISA Application day before yesterday for my MBA @ UNi of Northampton, impatiently waiting!

You could ask me any questions ooo about vfs and all u care sha, just wondering if i could help!, nICE DAY ALL!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 7:34am On Jul 20, 2011
@mazamaza wht docs did u submit wit ur application and wht schl r u goin 2?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 9:01am On Jul 20, 2011
@sean001 - Like [b]justwise [/b]said your question has been answered on the first page, very first post has been updated to answer freqeuently asked questions like yours.  If the money is in your account you are sponsoring yourself, your parents or court appointed guardian are the only relatives who can sponsor you for Tier 4 student visa. Under the points based system, UKBA cannot reject you because money came in from elsewhere, it is for non points based applications like general visitor and family visitor that the UKBA may question you more on the source of these funds. All you have to do is:
1) Make sure these funds are in your account for atleast 28 continuous days before applying for your visa.
2) Make sure the amount you have is correct (see first post for guidance on maintenance fees points)
3) Write your OANDA conversion rate and amount this equals in Pounds Sterling for the day you are applying for your visa on the statement of accounts (currenty adding this point to my fist post).

Remember any transactions you make during the period before applying for your visa that result in you dipping below the required maintenance funds will result in you having to count your 28 days from the date of that last transaction. For instance the required maintenance fund is say £20,000/N5 million Naira at a conversion rate of N250 to £1. You had N5.1m on 1st of June (more than enough at this point), on 20th of june however you deduct N200,000 bringing your balance to N4.9m (N100,000 less than your maintenance funds), then on 21st of June you pay back in N100,000 (exactly equal to your maintenance funds). Because your deduction on 20th resulted in you dipping below N5m required maintenance fees you will have to count your 28 days from 21st of June (as opposed to 1st of June had you not deducted money from your account that resulted in you going below the N5m required), causing a delay of 21 days for one single transaction. In other words you will now have to count your money from the day the full amount is in your account, which must remain there continuously for 28 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 9:19am On Jul 20, 2011
@mazamaza> Please when did u apply for your student visa?, what level did u apply for undergrad or postgrad?, if undergraduate did u use any of the English Language test like; TOEFL, IELTS, etc.?
Thanks, hope to get a response from you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 9:45am On Jul 20, 2011
@ell77

Morning!, Good information there, but u know what, i submitted my application and i haven't indicated the OANDA conversion rate on my application by any mean either writing it on the statement or submitting a print out from www.oanda.com, I assume that wouldn't matter though since they might verify by themselves using OANDA, but have been careful enough to put a sum well over the expected fee, atleast i sud have 2.1m for 28days, but i have put 3.3m in it for 28days instead,trust it doesn't matter to them if i exceed the required?

Moreso, I didn't include my academic refrence letter from my school in the visa application as my CAS hasn't stated that I should include it, but reading through the UKBA guidance note, they advise we include academic references we have used in securing the admission as well, but my CAS has only indicated my BTEch cert, Transcript and Waec cert,so that was all i put. will that matter?

Also didnt put a photocopy of my PAssport o, the copy i made was stamped and returned back to me by VFS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by MamaKings: 10:04am On Jul 20, 2011
Hello everyone,

I have applied now since 28th of June 2011 and am yet to receive any response and am getting really worried. Did any one apply around dat time and has received response? The waiting period is really making one anxious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.