Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,871 members, 7,876,316 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:40 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (313011 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Foladitan: 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2010
It seems quite a number of people have concerns on the Tier 4 visa application.If you are one of those people, please feel free to post your concerns.I will try to provide anwsers to them to the best of my ability.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2010
Can somebody share more light on this issue of laminated certificate? My brother will be making his UK student application in some wks time and has this issue, he has contacted the school with the view of getting another certificate but they are not willing to grant his request. Can he go ahead to submit the certificate like that? if not, what should be done.
Another question is this, when making UK Student application, how many months statement of account should be attached with the application (Assuming the applicant is working and not a student)

10Q U
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Vie(f): 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2010
@Aks
Laminated certificates are accepted as they have come to understand why Nigerians laminate their certificates but ensure to attach photocopies.If the applicant is a employed, getting an introduction letter from work is better advised, where that is not easily then 6 months payslip is advisable.I used 3 months payslip and it didn't affect my application.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 4:10pm On Jul 13, 2010
@ Vie, thanks for the prompt response, the info is well stated. i do hope a lot of people on this forum will find it useful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by giggsy: 6:57pm On Jul 13, 2010
@justwise Hi, I will be applying for my student visa this month. I got this info that the BHC has been calling up the phone numbers listed on applicants certificates/statement of results/ transcripts for verification and cases of visa refusals when the numbers do not connect. I don't know how true this is but I tried the numbers on my documents (land-line numbers which did not connect, lol). I was advised to get a letter of attestation confirming the authenticity of my documents from the university with updated contact numbers. What do you think? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:53am On Jul 14, 2010
giggsy:

@justwise Hi, I will be applying for my student visa this month. I got this info that the BHC has been calling up the phone numbers listed on applicants certificates/statement of results/ transcripts for verification and cases of visa refusals when the numbers do not connect. I don't know how true this is but I tried the numbers on my documents (land-line numbers which did not connect, lol). I was advised to get a letter of attestation confirming the authenticity of my documents from the university with updated contact numbers. What do you think? Thanks.

I think you should do that, they do call schools and banks for verification, so its only fair that u supply a number that works.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by eyesofgold(m): 2:55am On Jul 14, 2010
hello justwise, please advice needed. The date of birth in my waec certificate and that in my e-passport do not tally, and i have already used both to get an offer from aberdeen. now i am about to go and apply for my visa, i do not know what to do, i heard it might be a problem having diff Dob in my waec and my e-pee.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:09am On Jul 14, 2010
eyesofgold:

hello justwise, please advice needed. The date of birth in my waec certificate and that in my e-passport do not tally, and i have already used both to get an offer from aberdeen. now i am about to go and apply for my visa, i do not know what to do, i heard it might be a problem having diff Dob in my waec and my e-pee.

How did u manage to do that? Using 2 different DOB? Obviously it will raise an eyebrow if the BHC noticed it. I think u should go to the court with any of ur parents and do age declaration. You have to also think about the prob it may cause in future.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by EmmaMsc(m): 11:31am On Jul 15, 2010
Hello Nairalanders.
I am new to this forum. I want to say kudos to all of you dat have been offering advice and suggestions.
I intend to apply for d student visa next week.I have a few questions for you:
1. will the British High commission accept a certified copy of my transcript in sealed university envelopes?
2. Also, can my brother be my sponsor?
3. do you guys know any agent dat assist in d visa application?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:39pm On Jul 15, 2010
Emma.Msc:

Hello Nairalanders.I am new to this forum. I want to say kudos to all of you dat have been offering advice and suggestions.
I intend to apply for d student visa next week.I have a few questions for you:
1. will the British High commission accept a certified copy of my transcript in sealed university envelopes?
2. Also, can my brother be my sponsor?3. do you guys know any agent dat assist in d visa application?
Thanks
Yes to No1 question.
Yes to No2

For No3? Honestly if u are planing to come to the UK to study and u need an agent to apply for visa for u then u are not FIT to study abroad.

What do you need an agent for? Fill the form for you? Supply documents for u?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by EmmaMsc(m): 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2010
@Justwise
Thanks for response.
I have all the necessary documents and I can fill the forms myself. I just need advice from people/agent who have the experience as I have never applied for a visa before.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Ehido(m): 1:00pm On Jul 15, 2010
Good Job @Justwise and Co. on this thread.

I have one question to ask.

Does one really need to present a transcript to the embassy?

My Visa Letter does not mention anything like transcript, it only mentions my first degree as the basis on which I was given the admission, I hope I do not have to go through the rigours of obtaining transcript again, I plan to use my Certificate.

And what is this issue about letter of attestation all about, I feel the embassy should be able to trust the judgement of the school, they would not have given the admission if the documents were fake in the first place (just my own opinion).

Please I need clarification on these.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2010
Emma.Msc:

@Justwise
Thanks for response.
I have all the necessary documents and I can fill the forms myself. I just need advice from people/agent who have the experience as I have never applied for a visa before.

Get the form first, go through it carefully, if there is area u need clarification then come here and ask questions, many pple here will help you free of charge
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2010
Ehido:

Good Job @Justwise and Co. on this thread.
I have one question to ask.
Does one really need to present a transcript to the embassy?
My Visa Letter does not mention anything like transcript, it only mentions my first degree as the basis on which I was given the admission, I hope I do not have to go through the rigours of obtaining transcript again, I plan to use my Certificate.
And what is this issue about letter of attestation all about, I feel the embassy should be able to trust the judgement of the school, they would not have given the admission if the documents were fake in the first place (just my own opinion).
Please I need clarification on these.
Thanks.
What qualification did u use when u applied for the course? Whatever qaulification u used in getting the admission is the same qualification that u need to include in ur visa application package.
Letter of attestation from which school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2010
PLS, I NEED HELP ABOUT THIS, I HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANY ACCOMMODATION AND I WANTED TO APPLY SINCE I HAVE GOTTEN MY CAS LETTER,
MY SCHOOL IS IN BRADFORD CAN I LOOK FOR A CHEAP ACCOMMODATION IN LONDON FOR LIKE A WEEK BEFORE I MOVE TO BRADFORD TO SETTLE DOWN.
WILL THE BHC ACCEPT THAT AS GIVEN A UK ADDRESS .PLS REPLY
segbas79@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2010
segbas:

PLS, I NEED HELP ABOUT THIS, I HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANY ACCOMMODATION AND I WANTED TO APPLY SINCE I HAVE GOTTEN MY CAS LETTER,
MY SCHOOL IS IN BRADFORD CAN I LOOK FOR A CHEAP ACCOMMODATION IN LONDON FOR LIKE A WEEK BEFORE I MOVE TO BRADFORD TO SETTLE DOWN.WILL THE BHC ACCEPT THAT AS GIVEN A UK ADDRESS .PLS REPLY
segbas79@gmail.com

No don't do that, London is far from Bradford, i know Bradford very well. u can get even cheaper accommodation in bradford.

Which school is that in Bradford?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by giggsy: 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2010
@justwise Thanks for your reply. Will definitely keep you updated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2010
@Justwise. Thanks so much,the sch is Bradfordcollege
but i have tried to look for a flat or apartment in Bradford they all request viewing before i would pay, pls if you can help me out with your link there to help me out i wouldnt mind becuase that the only thing left for me.
pleeeeeeeese helm me out. thanks. pls reply.
segbas79@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2010
segbas:

@Justwise. Thanks so much,the sch is Bradfordcollege
but i have tried to look for a flat or apartment in Bradford they all request viewing before i would pay, pls if you can help me out with your link there to help me out i wouldnt mind becuase that the only thing left for me.
pleeeeeeeese helm me out. thanks. pls reply.
segbas79@gmail.com

Ok, bradford College has student accommodation and there are alot of student accommodations around that area cos the university of Bradford and college are just next to each other. Just get your visa first, then i will try and call a friend who still live there, he maybe able to help. Or u can still check the college accommodation, its a well known college.

http://www.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/student_life/accommodation/our-accommodation/laisteridge-lane-halls-1. Thats their accommodation page
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 7:22pm On Jul 15, 2010
I don't think accommodation is a big deal at the mo, pay the school fee fully / part payment, have your maintainace fee + b/c of school fee ready (if u've not paid fully) and submit your application. Accomodation can always be sorted out when you get there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 9:38pm On Jul 15, 2010
@justwise, thanks, did u mean i should not worry about the accommaodation for now and that i should go and apply for visa. wont they ask for for where i would be staying, thats my fear. pls advice me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2010
@AKS, I HAVE PAID THE DEPOSIT REQUIRED, THAT IS THE ONLY THING LEFT FOR NOW
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:01pm On Jul 15, 2010
segbas:

@justwise, thanks, did u mean i should not worry about the accommaodation for now and that i should go and apply for visa. wont they ask for for where i would be staying, thats my fear. pls advice me.

The accommodation is included that £5400 maintenance fees you are required to have in ur account, that is why accommodation is not listed as one of visa requirements.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2010
@Justwise, thanks. can i use that my brother ad in london in where they ask do u have any relative in uk, or i should live it blank, kindly reply.
segbas79@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:25pm On Jul 15, 2010
segbas:

@Justwise, thanks. can i use that my brother ad in london in where they ask do u have any relative in uk, or i should live it blank, kindly reply.
segbas79@gmail.com

I will leave it blank if i were you, ur school is in Bradford, far away from london, if you indicate that u have a brother in london it may give BHC the impression that u are going to stay and work in london and not study Bradford College.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Shinatu: 1:25pm On Jul 16, 2010
I have tried to scant through this thread to get the info I want but it is not working
Please can anyone provide a link where one can check the if a U.K school is genuine.

A friend's brother got an admission into this school and I have been asked to help check it out.

School of Business and Law
Hannibal house
London, SE16TE,UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2010
Shinatu:

I have tried to scant through this thread to get the info I want but it is not working
Please can anyone provide a link where one can check the if a U.K school is genuine.

A friend's brother got an admission into this school and I have been asked to help check it out.
School of Business and Law
Hannibal house
London, SE16TE,UK

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/employersandsponsors/pointsbasedsystem/registerofsponsorseducation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Shinatu: 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2010
@Justwise

Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SAMMYTOPE: 8:37am On Jul 17, 2010
pls i just received my cas and it was stated dat the school will be resuming on the 1st of september,and i just open my account yesterday/my dad is going to pay 1.8m in cash to the account on monday cos there is no time on my side anymore to deposit d money at diff time.Pls will this bring any problem 4 me?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:59pm On Jul 17, 2010
SAMMYTOPE:

pls i just received my cas and it was stated dat the school will be resuming on the 1st of september,and i just open my account yesterday/my dad is going to pay 1.8m in cash to the account on monday cos there is no time on my side anymore to deposit d money at diff time.Pls will this bring any problem 4 me?

Please which school is that? Many schools in the UK resums 20th of Sept.

Paying 1.8m cash into an account may raise an eyebrow, even if ur school is resuming 1st of Sept, u can still get about 2wks extention from the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SAMMYTOPE: 8:25am On Jul 18, 2010
thanks 4 ur reply justwise,the name of the school is CARDIFF COLLEGE INTERNATIONAL.Their last date for arrival is 1st-sep-2010.on the money issue after depositin d money d way i said above,can i present a sponsor letter from my dad,plus his own statement of account and mine so dat they wil know dat my dad is fundin me and dat he is capable of doing dat.Pls reply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:43am On Jul 18, 2010
SAMMYTOPE:

thanks 4 your reply justwise,the name of the school is CARDIFF COLLEGE INTERNATIONAL.Their last date for arrival is 1st-sep-2010.on the money issue after depositin d money d way i said above,can i present a sponsor letter from my dad,plus his own statement of account and mine so dat they wil know dat my dad is fundin me and dat he is capable of doing dat.Pls reply?

Yes that is the right thing to do, get the sponsor's letter from ur dady and his bank 'active' bank statement. Why not ask ur dady to transfer that 1.8m from his acount directly into ur account instead of cash payment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.