Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,131 members, 7,916,330 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:33 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (313948 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by datruguy: 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2010
@justwise

Thanks again for the earlier response.

I have gotten my CAS via email but i have a problem with some issues

1. When i applied for my admission, i was asked to input my passport number which i did but the issue is the passport got missing and i had to request for a reissue from the Nigerian Immigration which was done. so i have a new passport with a different passport number.

However when i got the CAS letter, the passport number on it was that of the lost passport, now i am confused on what to do.

Should i send the school an email with my new passport bio data page, the receipt and affidavit sworn at the court in respect of the stolen passport and request for a new CAS letter or should i ignore it and send these details to the UK embassy along with other documents when applying for the visa.

2. I said earlier i was going to use my dads account and i think it expected to sent in my birth certificate and a notorized letter stating our father - son relationship & stating that i am allowed to use the account.

The issue is one of the account is a fixed deposit account of 2mil while he runs a seperate salary account. Can i use both account cause judging by the amount needed 6000 (balance of tuition fee) & 5400 (living expenses) - which is 2.7mil?

3. do i need to send in original copies of all the documents needed or would photocopies be okay?

Thanks and i do await a quick response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2010
Ehido:

No specific document was stated, they just stated that: "evidence used in accessing candidate is a bachelor degree in --------" that's all that was written on the CAS letter.

Thanks.

I would suggest that you hold on for the comment of Justwise, since he is more experienced in this area. I feel you might not need the transcript if it is not stated, but I might be wrong. It might be needed, and it might not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 6:10pm On Jul 28, 2010
datruguy:

@justwise

Thanks again for the earlier response.

I have gotten my CAS via email but i have a problem with some issues

1. When i applied for my admission, i was asked to input my passport number which i did but the issue is the passport got missing and i had to request for a reissue from the Nigerian Immigration which was done. so i have a new passport with a different passport number.

However when i got the CAS letter, the passport number on it was that of the lost passport, now i am confused on what to do.

Should i send the school an email with my new passport bio data page, the receipt and affidavit sworn at the court in respect of the stolen passport and request for a new CAS letter or should i ignore it and send these details to the UK embassy along with other documents when applying for the visa.

2. I said earlier i was going to use my dads account and i think it expected to sent in my birth certificate and a notorized letter stating our father - son relationship & stating that i am allowed to use the account.

The issue is one of the account is a fixed deposit account of 2mil while he runs a seperate salary account. Can i use both account cause judging by the amount needed 6000 (balance of tuition fee) & 5400 (living expenses) - which is 2.7mil?

3. do i need to send in original copies of all the documents needed or would photocopies be okay?

Thanks and i do await a quick response

Well, that was an error actually, because immediately the passport got missing, you should have notified the school and ask them to hold on so that the new changes can be reflected. I don't think its wise to apply with the CAS when it is showing a different passport number. If possible you can request for a new CAS showing the new details, so BHC wont hold on to that.

I think for student visa, original copies are best used in application,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Daashy002(f): 7:47am On Jul 29, 2010
Hi pls I need to be clarified can a duplicated certified documents Serve as orginal when applying for UK visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:29am On Jul 29, 2010
Ehido:

No specific document was stated, they just stated that: "evidence used in accessing candidate is a bachelor degree in --------" that's all that was written on the CAS letter.

Thanks.

. . . . then submit the transcript u used in getting the admission, if u used only bachelor degree then submit that but if u added other certificates then add them too when submitting ur visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:40am On Jul 29, 2010
datruguy:

@justwiseThanks again for the earlier response.I have gotten my CAS via email but i have a problem with some issues
Should i send the school an email with my new passport bio data page, the receipt and affidavit sworn at the court in respect of the stolen passport and request for a new CAS letter or should i ignore it and send these details to the UK embassy along with other documents when applying for the visa.2. I said earlier i was going to use my dads account and i think it expected to sent in my birth certificate and a notorized letter stating our father - son relationship & stating that i am allowed to use the account.The issue is one of the account is a fixed deposit account of 2mil while he runs a seperate salary account. Can i use both account cause judging by the amount needed 6000 (balance of tuition fee) & 5400 (living expenses) - which is 2.7mil?3. do i need to send in original copies of all the documents needed or would photocopies be okay?Thanks and i do await a quick response
Though u made a mistake by not notifying the school, send them an email with the details as u stated above and include the same documents in ur visa application drawing the attention of BHC to that change/error.
2=Use both accounts since the money in one account is not enough to meet the financial requirement. About sending the original document. . .i'm not sure IF BHC do return documents submitted during visa application, if they do then submitting original is better
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:43am On Jul 29, 2010
amune1:

@ justwise, please do you know if i can use an investment account,i mean a fixed deposit account owned by my father,as a backing for funds to apply for my Visa?

You can use fixed deposit account and ur dady can give u letter of sponsorship to back it up as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:45am On Jul 29, 2010
strict:

PLEASE EVERYONE,I DONT HAVE THE MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT NOR MY MUMS BUT I HAVE SOME FAMILY MEMBERS WILLING TO HELP ME PROVIDE THEIR ACCOUNT [b]BUT WE ARE NOT BEARING THE SAME N[/b]AME.WHAT CAN I DO.

That is the problem cos the rule stated that only a family member that shares the same family name with u can sponsor you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by amune1: 10:30am On Jul 29, 2010
@ justwise.Thanks alot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Ehido(m): 7:24am On Jul 30, 2010
Hi All,

A friend of mine was given a Tier 1 Visa yesterday and she plans to study in the Uk with it, what I want to know is if it is possible? And in case its not possible what does she have to do?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by amune1: 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2010
Hi Just wise,
please just another question.There is a mistake on my birth certificate as my name was spelt incorrectly.Is it possible to use an age declaration when applying for my visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gsomi: 6:18pm On Jul 30, 2010
justwise and all.
thanks u guys for ur support and help during the Visa processing period. Am glad to say that i have been given the Tier 4 student Visa.
i wish all prospecting student all the best in the pursuant of the Visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2010
gsomi:

justwise and all.
thanks u guys for your support and help during the Visa processing period. Am glad to say that i have been given the Tier 4 student Visa.

Congrat!! I'm happy for you, thanks for coming back to tell us, it will really encourage other applicants and to know that they can do it without paying anybody.

Good luck with ur studies in the UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2010
@Justwise and general house, pls how long does it take to get a feedback on student visa application from the embassy. A cousin of mine dropped her passport and relevant documents first week of this month and uptill now no feedback. She is seeking the visa for her undergraduate program and its due to start by September. Does it take this long? Your advices are highly appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BabaIbada: 10:39pm On Jul 30, 2010
@gsomi,
Congrats, pls kindly let us know how long it took you to receive response after submitting ur application. I submitted mine on the 20th of July and up till now i havent received any info about it. How were u contacted when the result was out? wishing u success in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:51pm On Jul 30, 2010
Ardenb:

@Justwise and general house, pls how long does it take to get a feedback on student visa application from the embassy. A cousin of mine dropped her passport and relevant documents first week of this month and uptill now no feedback. She is seeking the visa for her undergraduate program and its due to start by September. Does it take this long? Your advices are highly appreciated.

It doesn't take that long but then again, July and Aug are a very busy time for BHC cos of the number of application they recieve both for students and summer holiday makers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2010
gsomi:

justwise and all.
thanks u guys for your support and help during the Visa processing period. Am glad to say that i have been given the Tier 4 student Visa.

Congrats,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tourmapear: 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2010
gsomi:

justwise and all.
Congratulations. Please would you mind to list the documents you used in getting a successful visa application, and the number of working days it took for you to receive the decision. I am planning to submit this week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 5:47am On Jul 31, 2010
@Justwise,pls a friend of mine maintanance fee would be in his act by Monday 02 august,and the sch wil resume by15th of Sept. Can he stil cary on wit the processes or he should 4get abt it.pls advice him
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by fali: 8:26am On Jul 31, 2010
U guys are doing a very wonderful job. Please i need your urgent help. I got an unconditional offer letter from a school in uk together with a visa letter and i am preparing towards my visa application. My sponsor is not bearing the same name with me , please how do i go about my application?
Also if i compel him to give me 3.1M in my account for 28days do i need to show my source of income? undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2010
segbas:

@Justwise,pls a friend of mine maintanance fee would be in his act by Monday 02 august,and the sch wil resume by15th of Sept. Can he stil cary on wit the processes or he should 4get abt it.pls advice him

He can apply for visa then write his school for 2weeks extention OR wait for Jan admission season.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:31pm On Jul 31, 2010
fali:

U guys are doing a very wonderful job. Please i need your urgent help. I got an unconditional offer letter from a school in uk together with a visa letter and i am preparing towards my visa application. My sponsor is not bearing the same name with me , please how do i go about my application?
Also if i compel him to give me 3.1M in my account for 28days do i need to show my source of income? undecided

UK student visa rule says that only a family member that shares the same family name with u can sponsor you or ur legal guardian.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by UNLEASHED(m): 10:14pm On Jul 31, 2010
I heard from a friend in Manchester that UK colleges will start admitting international students strictly by TOEFL starting from august 12 of this year. I've googled but found no info about the rumour, how trus is that? Please advise before i spend too much because i am not ready to write toefl!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2010
UNLEASHED:

I heard from a friend in Manchester that UK colleges will start admitting international students strictly by TOEFL starting from august 12 of this year. I've googled but found no info about the rumour, how trus is that? Please advise before i spend too much because i am not ready to write toefl!

Its not all courses, its courses that is below NQF Level 6.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by fali: 2:15pm On Aug 01, 2010
Please on my unconditional letter of offer, it was only my degree certificate that was stated as document used in making decision for my admission. Do i need to submit my transcript & NYSC discharge certificate when submitting my visa application since i scanned it to them for my admission `process.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:25pm On Aug 01, 2010
fali:

Please on my unconditional letter of offer, it was only my degree certificate that was stated as document used in making decision for my admission. Do i need to submit my transcript & NYSC discharge certificate when submitting my visa application since i scanned it to them for my admission `process.

Yes u can do that since u used it during course application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by fali: 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2010
Thanks for the response. I only have photocopy with me. I used the original for one of the schools i applied for last year. Also can the money for both school and maintainance fees be in a fixed deposit account bearing my name since some of this sponsors may be afraid of keeping it in a savings or current account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2010
fali:

Thanks for the response. I only have photocopy with me. I used the original for one of the schools i applied for last year. Also can the money for both school and maintainance fees be in a fixed deposit account bearing my name since some of this sponsors may be afraid of keeping it in a savings or current account.

Nothing wrong with that as long as ur sponsor gives u letter to back up ur application supported with an active bank statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by datruguy: 7:02pm On Aug 01, 2010
@justwise fanks for your earlier response. I have sent the school the documents relation to my lost passport issue though I haven't heard anything from them yet. Another problem I am facing is this ** I intend to put the money into my account next week Monday, August 9 but 28 days would mean that I can only apply to the embassy Monday 6th of September. However my school resumes on the 11th of September, now if I tell the school to grant me 2weeks grace, can the embassy refuse me a visa based on the fact that my school has resumed earlier? OR on the other alternative, my old man just fixed 2mil into an acct in his name, though the whole money I need is 2.8mil. Can I add an extra 1 mil into the account? If I can, would I have to start counting 28days from the day the 1 mil was fixed? Thanks for your help so far!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:10am On Aug 02, 2010
datruguy:

@justwise fanks for your earlier response. I have sent the school the documents relation to my lost passport issue though I haven't heard anything from them yet. Another problem I am facing is this ** I intend to put the money into my account next week Monday, August 9 but 28 days would mean that I can only apply to the embassy Monday 6th of September. However my school resumes on the 11th of September, now if I tell the school to grant me 2weeks grace, can the embassy refuse me a visa based on the fact that my school has resumed earlier? OR on the other alternative, my old man just fixed 2mil into an acct in his name, though the whole money I need is 2.8mil. Can I add an extra 1 mil into the account? If I can, would I have to start counting 28days from the day the 1 mil was fixed? Thanks for your help so far!!

Sometimes BHC takes less than 15days to issue visa, u can ask for the 2wks extension and submit ur visa application, finger crossed u will make it on time

Sadly yes u have to start counting from the very day u deposited the last money
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Ehido(m): 10:51am On Aug 02, 2010
Ehido:

Hi All,

A friend of mine was given a Tier 1 Visa yesterday and she plans to study in the Uk with it, what I want to know is if it is possible? And in case its not possible what does she have to do?

Thanks.

Please does anyone have an answer for this question.

I will really appreciate an answer.

Regards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:14pm On Aug 02, 2010
Ehido:

Please does anyone have an answer for this question.

I will really appreciate an answer.

Regards.

She can do part time study, i'm not sure of full time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.