Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,400 members, 7,881,454 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (313154 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by rein07: 1:34pm On Aug 02, 2010
Hi! Just wanna ask about Bank funds in order to apply for pbs tier 4. My dad is the one who will sponsor me and ofcourse its his bank account im gonna use to submit to British embassy. But i just read here that the money in that bank account should remain untouchable. Im quite confused about this, when you said unctouchable, do you mean that there must no transaction at all like "Bank deposits"?? Im sooo worried about this, because my dad always get his salary every 28 days from his company. Is it fine to have bank deposit? Please give me some advice about this one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2010
rein07:

Hi! Just wanna ask about Bank funds in order to apply for pbs tier 4. My dad is the one who will sponsor me and ofcourse its his bank account im gonna use to submit to British embassy. But i just read here that the money in that bank account should remain untouchable. Im quite confused about this, when you said unctouchable, do you mean that there must no transaction at all like "Bank deposits"?? Im sooo worried about this, because my dad always get his salary every 28 days from his company. Is it fine to have bank deposit? Please give me some advice about this one.

Alot of pple get confused about that, not just u, u can transfer the school fees and mainenace money into ur account and leave it for 28days b4 applying for visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by persist: 3:59pm On Aug 02, 2010
I need some info guys . The statement of account given at the bank is just printed on on long sheet.Is that all i need or will I request the manager write a letter saying i have soo soo amount of money in my account.

Also How do I book appointment with the BHC and how do I pay the fees. I really don't know.

Please I want to apply this week My money is already 28days this week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by DisGuy: 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2010
you really going for a Masters Degree?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gsomi: 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2010
@gsomi,
Congrats, pls kindly let us know how long it took you to receive response after submitting your application. I submitted mine on the 20th of July and up till now i havent received any info about it. How were u contacted when the result was out? wishing u success in the UK.

it took the BHC 10 days to get to me and what i did was to keep tracking my application online. i submitted mine on the 12th of july and got it 10 days lter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by giggsy: 9:38pm On Aug 02, 2010
persist:

I need some info guys .  The statement of account given at the bank is just printed on on long sheet.Is that all i need or will I request the manager write a letter saying i have soo soo amount of money in my account.

Also How do I book appointment with the BHC  and how do I pay the fees. I really don't know.

Please I want to apply this week My money is already 28days this week.

Hi. You don't require any letter from your bank manager, all you need is a valid bank statement. To apply for your visa, you don't need to book an appointment with the BHC, visas are processed by VFS Nigeria. Payment for your visa application can be made in any of their offices during the submission process or you can pay in any of the Sterling Bank branches. Check out their website: www.ukvac-ng.com/ for more info.

I hope this helps. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SAMMYTOPE: 10:52pm On Aug 02, 2010
Pls am confused,my maintenance fund is 5400p which i calculated to be 1.3m nw i av 1.5m in my accnt.but i still want to deposit another 500k.pls will the 28days starts from the day my money became 1.5 or from the date i deposits the 500k to make it 2m.??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:28am On Aug 03, 2010
SAMMYTOPE:

Pls am confused,my maintenance fund is 5400p which i calculated to be 1.3m nw i av 1.5m in my accnt.but i still want to deposit another 500k.pls will the 28days starts from the day my money became 1.5 or from the date i deposits the 500k to make it 2m.??

Thats the answer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 9:03am On Aug 03, 2010
@ sammytope, the 28 days start counting from the day the balance in your account hit the benchmark 5,400 pounds which is approx N1.3M as u've stated. You may deposit more into the account and even make withdrawal (this has no effect on the start day), just make sure the balance do no fall below the 5400 POUNDS at any time during the 28 days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 9:13am On Aug 03, 2010
@ persist, all banks have a format for printing statement for embassy purpose, i also know that 90% of banks do back it up with letter. My brother just printed his statement from GTB yesterday and the bank gave him a letter stating when he opened the account and that the account has always been active & co. There is no qualms about the sheet used in printing the statement so far there is an authorized signatory on it by the bank.
[b]Giggsy [/b]has really addressed the issue with submission in the best possible way
He's submitting his application today and i do hope to give update from time to time on it. wish u all the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lekepee: 10:03am On Aug 03, 2010
Thanks Nairalanders, Please I have few questions. I got a partial scholarship for my tuition fees at a tune of £3460 out of £14260 but this is not stated on my CAS,I only ve a letter of award,can I use ds as a financial evidence to show that what I ve to pay is £10800. Secondly,I read in a thread that BHC doesn't accept laminated certificates,how true is this? Thanks in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:02pm On Aug 03, 2010
lekepee:

Thanks Nairalanders, Please I have few questions. I got a partial scholarship for my tuition fees at a tune of £3460 out of £14260 but this is not stated on my CAS,I only ve a letter of award,can I use ds as a financial evidence to show that what I ve to pay is £10800. Secondly,I[b] read in a thread that BHC doesn't accept laminated certificates,how true is this? Thanks in advance.
[/b]

Yes attach the letter of award to ur application, nothing wrong with that.

Laminated certificate is a prob BUT many pple submit it anyway cos getting another one from ur school may take ages, and i never read from anybody here who was refused a visa cos of laminated certificate, i guess the BHC is coming to terms with the fact that Nigerians does laminate their documents often.

Please has anybody been refused a visa cos of laminated certificate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2010
To butress what JUSTWISE said about laminated certificate, my brother that submitted his application today asked them at the VISA collection centre about THEIR VIEW on laminated certificate, they just told to submit and assured him that there is no cause for alarm, on enquiry, he discovered that almost everybody there submitting application have at least 1 of their documents laminated. I don't think anybody's application can be denied on that basis
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by amune1: 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2010
Hi Just wise,
please just another question.There is a mistake on my birth certificate as my name was spelt incorrectly.Is it possible to use an age declaration when applying for my visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:27pm On Aug 03, 2010
amune1:

Hi Just wise,
please just another question.There is a mistake on my birth certificate as my name was spelt incorrectly.Is it possible to use an age declaration when applying for my visa?

Nothing wrong with that, i used that couple of years ago as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by rein07: 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2010
@justwise: Does that mean that my dad's salary every 28 days that goes through to his bank account which I am going to send to the embassy wont affect my visa application as long as my maintenance wouldnt fall on their required money? Anyway, thank you! smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2010
rein07:

@justwise: Does that mean that my dad's salary every 28 days that goes through to his bank account which I am going to send to the embassy wont affect my visa application as long as my maintenance wouldnt fall on their required money? Anyway, thank you! smiley

If you have the complete amount (fees+maintenace) then more money going into the account is not bad.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BabaIbada: 5:24pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ Justwise,
I have always followed ur advice on visa applications especially ur take on the issue of going through agents. I had at one time engaged the service of an agent but had to stop when i found out that I could do what the whole thing myself. But the only regret i seem to have is that the BHC tend to favour applicatons made through agents not by issuing or refusing visa but by quickly processing the application. It's ten working days now since i made may application by myself but a friend who just submitted his application through an agent on thursday (4 working day from now) though refused, got response today? when I submitted my application at Lekki, I was asked whether i used an agent or not of which i said no and was given a red bag while applications made through agent were contained in black bags. Dont u think the BHC seems to give preference to activities of the agents?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ceteris09: 7:53pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ Baba Ibada.
I have been a keen follower of ur posts. May be because i stay in Ibadan, lol. Anyways, u are absolutely right about the red and black bags. I was given a red bag, though i used an agent as well as followed the tier 4 policy guidance to the letter. But i denied using an agent at Ikeja because: (1) it doesnt guarantee visa success; (2)it makes BHC to process application hastily. Hence, my reason for denying using one. I also submitted on 28th of July, and I'm patiently counting 15 working days. Prayer and Patience is the key. If i may ask, why was your friend denied visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BabaIbada: 10:22pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ceteris09
i'm sure u must be an economist as ur username implies, lol. Well, i guess my case resembles urs and that u agree wif me that applications made thru agent are treated wif urgency which u and i dont enjoy at the moment. My friend was refused visa because his CAS showed that he hasnt paid any part of his tution fee of which he later paid full tution fee after he had received his CAS and was sent an official receipt. According to him, he included the receipt in his application but he was refused on the basis that the BHC followed the content of the CAS which showed that he hasnt paid anything and failed to honour the receipt tendered. He has written to the sch to resend his CAS and reflect the payment therein. He will reapply later. Hope ur case isnt like this?lol,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by amune1: 8:04am On Aug 04, 2010
@ Justwise,thanks for all your assistance.Now is it necessary to get a letter of introduction from my employers to support my application for visa even though they are not sponsoring me?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:23am On Aug 04, 2010
amune1:

@ Justwise,thanks for all your assistance.Now is it necessary to get a letter of introduction from my employers to support my application for visa even though they are not sponsoring me?

You don't need that for student visa, as you rightly pointed out, they are not sponsoring you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 8:26am On Aug 04, 2010
@ amune 1, letter of introduction by your present employer is a[b] plus and good[/b] for you when making your application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:27am On Aug 04, 2010
Baba Ibada:

@ceteris09
i'm sure u must be an economist as your username implies, lol. Well, i guess my case resembles urs and that u agree wif me that applications made thru agent are treated wif urgency which u and i dont enjoy at the moment. My friend was refused visa because his CAS showed that he hasnt paid any part of his tution fee of which he later paid full tution fee after he had received his CAS and was sent an official receipt. According to him, he included the receipt in his application but he was refused on the basis that the BHC followed the content of the CAS which showed that he hasnt paid anything and failed to honour the receipt tendered. He has written to the sch to resend his CAS and reflect the payment therein. He will reapply later. Hope your case isnt like this?lol,

That is completely untrue, BHC treats every applicant at their own pace and guidelines. Agent got no influence at all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:29am On Aug 04, 2010
Aks:

@ amune 1, letter of introduction by your present employer is a[b] plus and good[/b] for you when making your application

Maybe for holiday visa, i doubt it will have any effect whatsover when it comes to student visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 8:32am On Aug 04, 2010
@ JUSTWISE, Though the company is not the sponsor, i believe a letter of introduction (not sposor letter) submitted along with the application infer that the applicant is working and has some source of income which might play a big part on the statement of account where inflow can be traced to salary especially if the applicant make use of salary account. I know a lot of people that did that and got their VISA without hitch
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:04am On Aug 04, 2010
Aks:

@ JUSTWISE, Though the company is not the sponsor, i believe a letter of introduction (not sposor letter) submitted along with the application infer that the applicant is working and has some source of income which might play a big part on the statement of account where inflow can be traced to salary especially if the applicant make use of salary account. I know a lot of people that did that and got their VISA without hitch

With the old student visa rule , letter from the company may play a part but with the PBS i doubt, his salary account or payslip will show whether he can afford the study in the UK or not, letter from his bank will carry more weight than letter from his company, though i completely understand where u are coming from and i could be talking nonsense.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 9:07am On Aug 04, 2010
Baba Ibada:

@ Justwise,
I have always followed your advice on visa applications especially your take on the issue of going through agents. I had at one time engaged the service of an agent but had to stop when i found out that I could do what the whole thing myself. But the only regret i seem to have is that the BHC tend to favour applicatons made through agents not by issuing or refusing visa but by quickly processing the application. It's ten working days now since i made may application by myself but a friend who just submitted his application through an agent on thursday (4 working day from now) though refused, got response today? when I submitted my application at Lekki, I was asked whether i used an agent or not of which i said no and was given a red bag while applications made through agent were contained in black bags. Dont u think the BHC seems to give preference to activities of the agents?
ceteris09:

@ Baba Ibada.
I have been a keen follower of your posts. May be because i stay in Ibadan, lol. Anyways, u are absolutely right about the red and black bags. I was given a red bag, though i used an agent as well as followed the tier 4 policy guidance to the letter. But i denied using an agent at Ikeja because: (1) it doesnt guarantee visa success; (2)it makes BHC to process application hastily. Hence, my reason for denying using one. I also submitted on 28th of July, and I'm patiently counting 15 working days. Prayer and Patience is the key. If i may ask, why was your friend denied visa?

I really do not believe this is totally true. From what I have gathered red bags are given to applications that are point based and are to be sent to BHC in Abuja for processing. When I submitted mine, also at Ikeja, I was not asked if I was submitting through an agent or not. The only statement made was "This is a tier 4 application", I said yes, and I saw the attendant bringing out a red bag. The only student I saw with a black bag, told me he was applying as a student visitor because his course was 6 months, obviously this should be treated in Lagos.
I have also seen several people who didn't use agents, yet got their decision on time. I believe timing in decision depends solely on individual applications, and not the agent involved.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bunny22: 10:41am On Aug 04, 2010
Hi all.
I have been offered admission in a uk unversity and I'm still expecting my CAS but I just found out that my neco certificate and degree notification of result are missing.
Please I need advice on what do do as I'm going to need them for my visa application?
Please advice on what to do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by menana: 10:51am On Aug 04, 2010
i was just refused entry clearance,because eco said i submitted my fathers business account which is absolutely untrue. the statement belongs to my father of which he is the sole signitory. the bank statemnt even has the narration
(name) usd account
private banking customer.

i dont know what to do,i already requested for a new cas from my school because i want to re apply with a letter from the bank supporting the bank statement since the admin review may take long.

do you think my father should write a strong letter to conteract what the eco said,in addition to his sponsorship letter?please advise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bunny22: 12:02pm On Aug 04, 2010
One more thing, my dad paid 1.8m in my account for maintenance. Do I still need a sponsorship letter from him? Lastly, my transcript is not in a sealed envelope. Do I need to get a sealed one addressed to BHC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by rein07: 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2010
Hi! I am having some problem about my sponsor's payslip, my sponsor is working offshore in Africa to be specific and the company he's working with is located in Texas. Instead of giving them their official payslip, they'r sending them their payslip via email. Please help me with this. Anyway, I got the original employment/job contract of my sponsor. But my problem is his payslip. What should i do with this? Is it fine to print it and send it to the embassy together with the original contract of my sponsor? Please, give me some advise about this stuff. Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.