Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,959 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:12 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (313001 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by adeniyi7: 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2010
hi friends,l will like to confirm if truly l don't need a CAS letter to summit for  uk embassy,my school said ''l only need a CAS number'' your response will be appreciated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2010
adeniyi7:

hi friends,l will like to confirm if truly l don't need a CAS letter to summit for  uk embassy,my school said ''l only need a CAS number'' your response will be appreciated

I believe that the school will send you an email with your CAS, cos that is only where you can confirm the CAS number. If this is done, please print it out and attach it to your application. Mine was sent to my email and I printed it and submitted with my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2010
Aks:

[b]Justwise, can u pls clarify this issue of submitting TRANSCRIPT for the visa application. I thought the transcript is usually sent to the school along with all other documents and after the school review they will give an unconditional offer to go ahead with the application.[/b]is it a must to submit transcript when making application to the embassy? I thought all doc to be submitted will be clearly stated on the CAS AND there are times when submission of transacript (Only Certificate is written) is not stated. i do believe this question needs clarification as a lot of people will be confused along this line
rgds

If you have sent the transcript to the school then you should include it in ur visa package as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 5:21pm On Aug 05, 2010
tyolsgirl:

Thank God I got my student visa today, The waiting period almost threw me off, but I think its best you just trust God.

@all: This forum is really good and you will learn a lot if you can take your time to read from the first page,

Congrat and good luck with ur studies in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2010
menana:

was just refused entry clearance,because eco said i submitted my fathers business account which is absolutely untrue. the statement belongs to my father of which he is the sole signitory. the bank statemnt even has the narration
(name) usd account
private banking customer.
i dont know what to do,i already requested for a new cas from my school because i want to re apply with a letter from the bank supporting the bank statement since the admin review may take long.
do you think my father should write a strong letter to conteract what the eco said,in addition to his sponsorship letter?please advise me JUSTWISE
I'm sorry to hear that u were refused, they might have noticed alot of business transactions in that back statment hence regarding it as business account, this is one of the reasons why transfering the money into ur personal account is important.

Using any business related bank account for student visa application is not a good idea as the money in that account is viewd as business money which is for the running of the business.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ukredbone(m): 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2010
Thanks to ell77 for starting this thread and to everyone else who has contributed meaningfully, especially justwise. I have gotten my visa and it was issued under a week. Thank God for His mercies, I am so grateful. I submitted the following original documents along with the application forms: CAS letter, laminated WAEC Certificate, Bachelor's degree Certificate, letter of attestation from my former University, Transcript and Personal Bank Statement. My visa was issued despite the fact that I submitted a laminated document, as well as an unsealed transcript (which, by the way, is not addressed to the BHC). Again, I didn't submit any letter of introduction from my bank along with my account statement.

I hope this info will help to ease the minds of some worried house members.

All the best. Smiley

Mr Giggsy: Did your school send the attestation letter directly to BHC? or did u collect it by hand?
What skuul did u attend? private or federal cos most pple are having problems with BHC being unable to verify such letters as they contain phone numbers and emails that don't work.
What of your transcript how did u come to have an original copy with you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ukredbone(m): 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2010
Thanks to ell77 for starting this thread and to everyone else who has contributed meaningfully, especially justwise. I have gotten my visa and it was issued under a week. Thank God for His mercies, I am so grateful. I submitted the following original documents along with the application forms: CAS letter, laminated WAEC Certificate, Bachelor's degree Certificate, letter of attestation from my former University, Transcript and Personal Bank Statement. My visa was issued despite the fact that I submitted a laminated document, as well as an unsealed transcript (which, by the way, is not addressed to the BHC). Again, I didn't submit any letter of introduction from my bank along with my account statement.

I hope this info will help to ease the minds of some worried house members.

All the best. Smiley

Mr Giggsy: Did your school send the attestation letter directly to BHC? or did u collect it by hand?
What skuul did u attend? private or federal cos most pple are having problems with BHC being unable to verify such letters as they contain phone numbers and emails that don't work.
Please comment or advice if you have a similar experience .Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by fali: 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2010
People pls i need your advice. I work in a financial institution and am using  statement of account with another bank for my application. Hope it will not affect my visa  if i should submit my employment letter together with my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bunny22: 9:36pm On Aug 05, 2010
@Real112:
Thhanks.
Do u think it will be proper to send a mail to the school informing them of the missing documents?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Real112: 10:05pm On Aug 05, 2010
@bunny22

See what i fink you should do. Send the school an email informing them of the missing docs and also plead with dem to send you a scanned copy of the docs that will be listed on the CAS statement if its possible. So you can at least show the embassy that used an authentic credentials to apply for admission. Then you can have a sworn affidavit to back it up,so embassy will know the docs really missed,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bunny22: 11:24pm On Aug 05, 2010
@Real112:

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by giggsy: 8:20am On Aug 06, 2010
ukredbone:

I attended a federal university and I personally collected the attestation letter. The letter was addressed to the BHC. A word of advice-people are still getting their student visas issued regardless of the fact that they don't have these letters of attestation. I have my transcript with me because I applied directly to the school when they visited Nigeria in February for the Education UK exhibition that was organized by the British Council. They made photocopies after verifying the original and told me that I would require it for my visa application.

BTW, I am a girl, not a man, lol (as per Mr Giggsy).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by giggsy: 8:30am On Aug 06, 2010
fali:

People pls i need your advice. I work in a financial institution and am using  statement of account with another bank for my application. Hope it will not affect my visa  if i should submit my employment letter together with my application.

Hi Fali, the tier4 guidance does not require you to submit your employment letter along with your application. You ought to submit your completed application forms, passport, documents used in obtaining your admission and personal bank statement (depending on whether you are self-sponsored or not). You are not required to submit any proof of income. I also have a job and did not submit anything relating to my work and still had my visa issued.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by fali: 8:39am On Aug 06, 2010
People pls i need your advice. I work in a financial institution and am using statement of account with another bank for my application. Hope it will not affect my visa if i should submit my employment letter together with my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Real112: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2010
@fali,

I don't fink it will be a problem, the most important thing is that you have the amount required in the account. All they want you to do is show you have the amount. That is why they said you can put the money in lump sum. You working in a financial institute and you using anoda banks statement doesn't matter at all,the most important tin is that the account is in your name and you are the sole signatory that means you have direct access to the cash. Please make sure you leave the money in your account for 28 days before you apply. Wish u best of luck, Are you apply as an undergraduate or postgraduate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by menana: 9:56am On Aug 06, 2010
just wise what should i do?i am getting a letter from the bank to support the bank statement. besides the maintenance +tuition was moved from my fathers fixed deposit into his current account.the money has been there 28days untouched. i have a copy of letter of instruction he wrote to the bank to liquidate maintenance+tuition and put in his current account. the school has generated a new cas for me and i want to re apply.

another thing is on the new cas there was nothing like qualifications used to admit me,and also my primary site of study. please reply me asap or better still please send me your email address.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:01am On Aug 06, 2010
menana:

just wise what should i do?i am getting a letter from the bank to support the bank statement. besides the maintenance +tuition was moved from my fathers fixed deposit into his current account.the money has been there 28days untouched. i have a copy of letter of instruction he wrote to the bank to liquidate maintenance+tuition and put in his current account. the school has generated a new cas for me and i want to re apply.

another thing is on the new cas there was nothing like qualifications used to admit me,and also my primary site of study. please reply me asap or better still please send me your email address.

How do you mean by primary site of study? Please which school is that? If u don't mind me asking
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ukredbone(m): 10:06am On Aug 06, 2010
Hello! Miss or Mrs giggsy  lol!
I attended a federal university and I personally collected the attestation letter. The letter was addressed to the BHC. A word of advice-people are still getting their student visas issued regardless of the fact that they don't have these letters of attestation. I have my transcript with me because I applied directly to the school when they visited Nigeria in February for the Education UK exhibition that was organized by the British Council. They made photocopies after verifying the original and told me that I would require it for my visa application.

BTW, I am a girl, not a man, lol (as per Mr Giggsy).
I am xing these questions cos i and a couple of guys were recently refused, reason being that my "University refused to respond".Being that my certificate is not ready,i submitted my success letter which bears the contact details of the registry of which none of them work.Now i seek a solution,
Do u guys think i will be ok submitting an attestation letter with my application that apparently still bears thesame contacts or allow the school to send it directly to BHC.
I would also like to include my Transcript with the application this time,but our dear schools refuse to give it to you except it is posted.How do go about this,or shld my school send it to BHC too?
Way out pls, Justwise!,Giggsy! etc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:33am On Aug 06, 2010
ukredbone:

Hello! Miss or Mrs giggsy lol! I am xing these questions cos i and a couple of guys were recently refused, reason being that my "University refused to respond".Being that my certificate is not ready,i submitted my success letter which bears the contact details of the registry of which none of them work.Now i seek a solution,
Do u guys think i will be ok submitting an attestation letter with my application that apparently still bears thesame contacts or allow the school to send it directly to BHC.
I would also like to include my Transcript with the application this time,but our dear schools refuse to give it to you except it is posted.How do go about this,or shld my school send it to BHC too?
Way out pls, Justwise!,Giggsy! etc
The number thing is becoming a big prob, call the numbers urself and see which one that works then write it on the letter, just cross the useless numbers and replace them with those that works, do this b4 submitting the application.

If you used the transcript in obtaining the admission then yes u have to include it in ur visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by menana: 10:36am On Aug 06, 2010
university of Stirling. i think they have differnt campuses
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:47am On Aug 06, 2010
menana:

university of Stirling. i think they have differnt campuses
menana:

Ok, since you have the money there for 28days untouched and the letters from the bank, u can print out the bank statement AND get sponsor's letter from ur dady cos you are using his account. Don't worry about the CAS not containing the qualifications used in admitting u, just include those documents u used in obtaining the admission in ur visa application package. Also print out that CAS letter sent to you by the school and include it when submitting the visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by menana: 10:54am On Aug 06, 2010
JUSTWISE,God bless you. can i have your personal email add. do you think i stand a good chance if i get a letter from bank stating that the account is my fathers personal account of which he is the sole signitory. my father is the co/director in his company,there are two of them so ,that account can definately not be a company account. what do you think. MUST THE SPONSORSHIP LETTER MAKE REFERNCE TO THE PREVIOUS ECO'S REFUSAL NOTICE.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:22am On Aug 06, 2010
menana:

JUSTWISE,God bless you. can i have your personal email add. do you think i stand a good chance if i get a letter from bank stating that the account is my fathers personal account of which he is the sole signitory. my father is the co/director in his company,there are two of them so ,that account can definately not be a company account. what do you think. MUST THE SPONSORSHIP LETTER MAKE REFERNCE TO THE PREVIOUS ECO'S REFUSAL NOTICE.

If that account has any business activities then it will be regarded as business account, he may get a letter from the bank BUT the activites in that account will speak for it self. IF you are asked in the form if u have been refused a visa b4 you have to say yes and give reasons, ur dady don't have to mention it in the sponsor's letter.

Please be carefull with any business related account.

My email address is in my profile
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Angeline05: 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2010
Hi Justwise, really appreciate you for the wonderful work you and others are doing here. Pls I need a lil help. Just found out that my dad did not save the complete money for my tuition and it is almost 28 days. Has about 200 pounds to go. Pls wat do I do? Should I use the statement like that? PLS HELP!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 1:03pm On Aug 06, 2010
Angeline05:

Hi Justwise, really appreciate you for the wonderful work you and others are doing here. Pls I need a lil help. Just found out that my dad did not save the complete money for my tuition and it is almost 28 days. Has about 200 pounds to go. Pls wat do I do? Should I use the statement like that? PLS HELP!

I think you should send the £200 to the school and let them give you a receipt, if you have already gotten your CAS. If you have not gotten your CAS, then the amount should reflect, and reduce your tuition and maintenance to be shown in the account. Please don't try using the statement like that as they might point it out.
I hope this helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2010
Angeline05:

I really don't think its a good ideal at all to use it as the money is not complete, i can understand that the school will be resuming next month. . . meaning that u have little or no time left, . . have you paid any deposit for accommodation? Cos the money could be taking into account when considering the amount u have in ur account at the moment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2010
I think this issue of submission of transcript has to do with people who don't have certificate. For those with certificate, it's one of the important doc u need to send to school at the initial stage b4 considering whether u'll be giving admission or not then followed by CAS after payment of school fees.
The school will only issue the transcript in the name of the school, sealed, addressed to them and the applicant is not expected to open it how come guys still submit same transcript along with their application to the embassy. This is confusing to me and i need clarification from all u learned guys on this blog.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2010
@ JUSTWISE AND ALL: I have been reading through this thread, and i am very hapi with what i have been reading! I have a bit of wori, and need sum advice:

I have an admission to ROBERT GORDON UNIVERSITY in ABERDEEN, and have paid a tuition of 6000 POUNDS out of 9100 pounds! The remaining balance plus maintenance (of abt N2.3M) has been in my acct at GTB for over 28 days, and i am applying for my VISA next week. Thing is, my mum is a retired civil servant, though she still works with the retiree arm of the company(NNPC). She is to give me her account statement plus tax clearance 2day, but she told me that since she moved most of the money from her acct to mine, she is left with a balance of not mor that 300,000; tho she has a weekly inflow and outflow of money from that acct which can be traced bak to the last 2 years or therabouts, though i kno we only need abt 6 months on the statement! Regarding the TAX CLEARANCE, she told me RETIRED PPL dnt pay TAX, but she will get me one from her company today stating the fact, just in case!

So, based on the above, and bearing in mind i have paid about 2/3 of the fees, and the sum of 2.3M in my acct currently,do u think i still have a strong case in getting my VISA! Here is a summary of my worry(s):
1. Her acct balance of not mor dan 300,000, but with enuff transactions in and out of the acct!
2. She not paying tax, even though her company will send a statement to that effect!

I will really appreciate a concise and speedy response o this, as this will help alleviate my fears! Thanks a lot in anticipation of your response, and do have a lovely day every1,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2010
@ jtx3001

What matters is the money in ur account now( remaining fees + maintenance fees), ur mummy doesn't need to worry about her bank balance as she has moved the money into ur acount, all that activities could be seen in her account and urs as well.

Please don't bother her about TAX CLEARANCE thing, she can only give you sponsor's letter to support ur application. Nobody is expecting her to have huge bank balance after moving such massive amount of money in u account. The good thing is that she still have more money coming into her acount, that can only be a plus for your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 4:34pm On Aug 06, 2010
, JUSTWISE,u r a GODSEND! Tnx 4 puttin my mind @ ease-I AM REALY GRATEFUL! So,wt u r telin me 2 do is just send my acct statement with dat o'my mum along with a sponsor's leta,rite?! If dats d case,den i ges i hav 2 fill part 2 o'd APPENDIX 8 form meant 4 applicants under 16 or 17 Yrs(PARENT GUARDIAN DETAILS which sum1 over 18 can chose 2 fill!), which also asks 4 LETTER OF CONSENT which i'm sure also doubles as a SPONSOR LETTER,rite? Pls advice, so i kno hw 2 fill d form!

My mum just calld,tellin me she has just gotten d TAX RETURN STATEMENT from NNPC,her BANK STATEMENT,& A REFERENCE LETTER from d BANK,so i ges if i submit all des,i'm in order,abi?

Regarding my Document, i hav evrytin needed-CERTIFICATE,VERIFICATION O'RESULT,BANK STATEMENT,WAEC & NECO RESULT,TRANSCRIPTS(tho opened & unaddressd!),BIRTH CERTIFICATE,& REFERENCE STATEMENTS FROM LECTURERS(tho not stated in my CAS,but adviced dat i submit!).So, in line with d abov documents,am i in order?

Wil b expectin a response on guidance on how 2 proceed in fillin d forms,if my documents(with d referees statement!) are in order, and 2 all oda questions askd. THANK U VERY MUCH once again for ALL UR HELP EVRY1-MAY GOD BLESS U ALL, AMEN!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2010
, JUSTWISE,u r a GODSEND! Tnx 4 puttin my mind @ ease-I AM REALY GRATEFUL! So,wt u r telin me 2 do is just send my acct statement with dat o'my mum along with a sponsor's leta,rite?! If dats d case,den i ges i hav 2 fill part 2 o'd APPENDIX 8 form meant 4 applicants under 16 or 17 Yrs(PARENT GUARDIAN DETAILS which sum1 over 18 can chose 2 fill!), which also asks 4 LETTER OF CONSENT which i'm sure also doubles as a SPONSOR LETTER,rite? Pls advice, so i kno hw 2 fill d form!

My mum just calld,tellin me she has just gotten d TAX RETURN STATEMENT from NNPC,her BANK STATEMENT,& A REFERENCE LETTER from d BANK,so i ges if i submit all des,i'm in order,abi?

Regarding my Document, i hav evrytin needed-CERTIFICATE,VERIFICATION O'RESULT,BANK STATEMENT,WAEC & NECO RESULT,TRANSCRIPTS(tho opened & unaddressd!),BIRTH CERTIFICATE,& REFERENCE STATEMENTS FROM LECTURERS(tho not stated in my CAS,but adviced dat i submit!).So, in line with d abov documents,am i in order?

Wil b expectin a response on guidance on how 2 proceed in fillin d forms,if my documents(with d referees statement!) are in order, and 2 all oda questions askd. THANK U VERY MUCH once again for ALL UR HELP EVRY1-MAY GOD BLESS U ALL, AMEN!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by menana: 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2010
the actual words were that you have submitted a bank statement in your fathers business name,and he doesnt qualify as an official sponsor.i think the issue here is that my father uses the company postal address as his peronal postal address. i am so totaly confused. i just see my dream slipping away gradually.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.