Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,968 members, 7,873,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:08 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312935 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BabaIbada: 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2010
Hi all,
I got my student visa today after 12 working days and i express my appericaition to all whose contributions have been helpful. To Justwise, u are an angel and u'll remain my boss. Just to allay some fears, i submitted my degree certificate (though i used my transcript to gain the admission), my Neco result, attestation letter from my school, accomodation letter from my school in the UK, statement of acct and letter of sponsor from my brother.
I didnt pay any part of my tution fee except 200pounds i paid to book accomodation but i had all the money in my account. I need to add that I deposited my money at the rate of #228 per 1 pound but when i printed my statement and submited my application the exchange rate had risen above that. I was very afraid but had faith in Allah. So if ur case is like mine, put ur trust in ur God. Thank u all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bunny22: 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2010
@Baba Ibada:

How many month statement did you submit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by fali: 12:50pm On Aug 09, 2010
Congratulation Baba Ibada. God will grant all the prospective students stress free visa.(Amen)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BabaIbada: 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2010
@bunyy,
3 months.
@fali,
thanks. May God grant u success in all ur dealings
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lekepee: 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2010
Baba Ibada,pls whose statement of acc. did u use?? CONGRATS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BabaIbada: 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2010
@lekepee
i used my statement of acct but the money was deposited into my account by my brother that's why i got a letter from him just to prove the source of the money. I also used is payslip(he earns over 500k per month) just to show that somebody can support me financially if the money in my account seems inadequate. I hope this helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2010
Congrats Baba Ibada,
My major interest is that u got ur VISA without submitting ur transcript (ONLY CERTIFICATE) @ BHC. I wrote last week about the issue of submission of transcript when i discovered that majority are somehow confused of whether to submit it with their application or not, My suggestion on this is that since u've submitted this at the point of gaining admission, it's not a[b] must[/b] to submit it again except if the applicant is a fresh graduate when dropping the application off at BHC. I wish others good luck in their applications
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2010
Aks:

Congrats Baba Ibada,
My major interest is that u got your VISA without submitting your transcript (ONLY CERTIFICATE) @ BHC. I wrote last week about the issue of submission of transcript when i discovered that majority are somehow confused of whether to submit it with their application or not, My suggestion on this is that since u've submitted this at the point of gaining admission, it's not a[b] must to submit it again except if the applicant is a fresh graduate when dropping the application off at BHC[/b]. I wish others good luck in their applications

I'm afraid i have to disagree with u there though u are perfectly entitled to express that view.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2010
Baba Ibada:

Hi all,
I got my student visa today after 12 working days and i express my appericaition to all whose contributions have been helpful. To Justwise, u are an angel and u'll remain my boss. Just to allay some fears, i submitted my degree certificate (though i used my transcript to gain the admission), my Neco result, attestation letter from my school, accomodation letter from my school in the UK, statement of acct and letter of sponsor from my brother.
I didnt pay any part of my tution fee except 200pounds i paid to book accomodation but i had all the money in my account. I need to add that I deposited my money at the rate of #228 per 1 pound but when i printed my statement and submited my application the exchange rate had risen above that. I was very afraid but had faith in Allah. So if your case is like mine, put your trust in your God. Thank u all.

I'm very happy for you, i wish all the very best as u start ur studies here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by amune1: 4:20pm On Aug 09, 2010
Baba Ibada:

@lekepee
i used my statement of acct but the money was deposited into my account by my brother that's why i got a letter from him just to prove the source of the money. I also used is payslip(he earns over 500k per month) just to show that somebody can support me financially if the money in my account seems inadequate. I hope this helps.

Hello All,
Does it mean one cannot use his sponsor's account when applying for the visa?must the money be in my account?
Answers pleaseeeeeee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by amune1: 4:23pm On Aug 09, 2010
Baba Ibada:

@lekepee

Does it mean one cannot use the a sponsor's account (father).Must the money be in my account. Answers pleaseeee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by amune1: 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2010
Baba Ibada:

Hi all,
I didnt pay any part of my tution fee except 200pounds i paid to book accomodation but i had all the money in my account. I need to add that I deposited my money at the rate of #228 per 1 pound but when i printed my statement and submited my application the exchange rate had risen above that. I was very afraid but had faith in Allah. So if your case is like mine, put your trust in your God. Thank u all.

@Baba Ibada,please who did your brother address the letter of sponsor to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BabaIbada: 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2010
@amunee
i think u should go with various positons on this thread that u can use ur dad's acct so far u can prove that he is ur dad and he has enough money in his account. My brother tittled the letter as ) "letter of support" and adressed it to the BHC, Abuja though i submitted it in lagos. Got it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 5:04pm On Aug 09, 2010
justwise:

I'm afraid i have to disagree with u there though u are perfectly entitled to express that view.
@ justwise-- u are right, it's simply my opinion but judging from what schools normally send along with CAS, u'll discover that all the doc / info submitted during admission can be looked up at the embassy online by inserting the CAS NO
quote is usually in this format: Please find attached, scanned CAS Statement confirming your place on our next course. The letter does not need to be sent to the Embassy as they have already been sent all your details on line. When contacting the Embassy please quote the CAS number shown on your letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ozoor1: 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2010
@ Baba Ibada.

Thanks,got it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ozoor1: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2010
Quote from: justwise on Today at 10:32:45 AM
Have you applied for UK visa with the fake one recently b4 getting the new one?

No I have not applied for my visa yet.I just want to know what to do now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by hafizy: 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2010
@ baba ibada

please i will like to have your yahoo address so that it can be helpful to my brother , who is submitting very soon.
my addresss is allenzec@yahoo.com, hoping to here from you soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BabaIbada: 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2010
hi all,
I just discovered that my statement of account was not returned with all the documents i submitted. I wouldnt know if it was delibrate or a mistake. Pls if u've experienced it let me know so as to know if i'll get another one from my bank (if important) or inform the BHC about the missing statement
@hafizy: yusufadesco@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ateteh: 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2010
justwise and co, i am new user of dis forum pls i want 2 ask if the money was given to me by check from an uncle and after catchin d check i deposited d money into my account myself, but the person is not a family member and d account was open on d 8th of july n i deposited d money on the 15th of july , will i need to still present a letter of sponsor, pls reply 4 i am apply 4 my visa by on the 13th of dis month august precisely
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:20am On Aug 10, 2010
Aks:

@ justwise-- u are right, it's simply my opinion but judging from what schools normally send along with CAS, u'll discover that all the doc / info submitted during admission can be looked up at the embassy online by inserting the CAS NO
quote is usually in this format: Please find attached, scanned CAS Statement confirming your place on our next course. The letter does not need to be sent to the Embassy as they have already been sent all your details on line. When contacting the Embassy please quote the CAS number shown on your letter.

My point is: If you sent ur certificate AND transcript to the school and the school gave you an admission based on those 2 documents THEN when applying for visa you need to submit those 2 documents as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:25am On Aug 10, 2010
ateteh:

justwise and co, i am new user of dis forum pls i want 2 ask if the money was given to me by check from an uncle and after catchin d check i deposited d money into my account myself, but the person is not a family member and d account was open on d 8th of july n i deposited d money on the 15th of july , will i need to still present a letter of sponsor, pls reply 4 i am apply 4 my visa by on the 13th of dis month august precisely

Getting a sponsor's letter will help ur visa application but then again how can he give sponsor's letter since you don't share the same family name? That is where u may have a prob.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:30am On Aug 10, 2010
menana:

my new cas did not state that i had paid tuition deposit. does it matter? or all the details except the cas number still holds at BHC

Attach the receipt given to you by the school if you were given one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:34am On Aug 10, 2010
ozoor1:

No I have not applied for my visa yet.I just want to know what to do now

Then u can go ahead and use it, it will only be a problem IF you had used fake DOB b4 in applying for visa and was refused, but if this is ur first time then go ahead.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Real112: 8:37am On Aug 10, 2010
Justwise & Baba Ibada

Is it a must you book accomodation before applying for your visa? I paid £2250 deposit of my tuition fee. I always have the balance and maintenance  in my account which was deposited by meself,do i still need a sponsor letter and source of fund? I have already submitted and these are the docs i submitted.

6 months bank statement and letter from bank,
Cas Statement
Neco Result.

Thats all,i hope i haven't made any mistakes??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:37am On Aug 10, 2010
amune1:

Does it mean one cannot use the a sponsor's account (father).Must the money be in my account. Answers pleaseeee

You can use his account backed  up with sponsor's letter from him.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:39am On Aug 10, 2010
Real112:

Justwise & Baba Ibada
Is it a must you book accomodation before applying for your visa? I paid £2250 deposit of my tuition fee. I always have the balance and maintenance in my account which was deposited by meself,do i still need a sponsor letter and source of fund? I have already submitted and these are the docs i submitted.
6 months bank statement and letter from bank,
Cas Statement
Neco Result.
Thats all,i hope i haven't made any mistakes??

Its not a must to book for accommodation at all, lets leave the question about sponsor's letter since you have submitted already, it will not change anything now. Best of luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Real112: 8:44am On Aug 10, 2010
@justwise.
Thank you so much for wishing me luck. I was told and i also read from the requirements that if you are above 17 u do not need a sponsor letter. Anyway i put everything in the hand of the Almighty God and i know he will grant me my desires.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:49am On Aug 10, 2010
Real112:

@justwise.
Thank you so much for wishing me luck. I was told and i also read from the requirements that[b] if you are above 17 [/b] u do not need a sponsor letter. Anyway i put everything in the hand of the Almighty God and i know he will grant me my desires.

Do you expect a 17, 18 or 19 yrs old in Nigeria to have 3 to 4m naira in his or her account to study abroad ? Yes anybody under 17 need parental consent to travel abroad cos in the UK anybody under that age is regarded as a child/minor.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ateteh: 12:39pm On Aug 10, 2010
JUSTWISE HOW ARE U DOIN, PLS WHAT IS UR VIEW ABOUT LETTER OF SPONSOR WEN ONE PERSONAL PAID D MONEY INTO HIS ACCOUNT AND HOW I CHECK EXCHANGE RATE RITE because AM APPLY IN 2 DAYS TIME
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2010
ateteh:

JUSTWISE HOW ARE U DOIN, PLS WHAT IS your VIEW ABOUT LETTER OF SPONSOR WEN ONE PERSONAL PAID D MONEY INTO HIS ACCOUNT AND HOW I CHECK EXCHANGE RATE RITE because AM APPLY IN 2 DAYS TIME

If you are not sponsoring urself then u need a letter from ur sponsor. If you don't work and no source of income and suddenly u have 3-4m naira to study abroad, don't you think that questions will be asked about that money?

For exchange rate calculation use this oanda
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2010
Hello people, I submitted my application at VFS Global Abuja yesterday and got a text this morning that the application has been forwarded to the British High Commission for processing. Special thanks to Justwise and AKS for their invaluable advice while I was putting my application together. I gave the BHC all they asked for, so I believe I will get the visa. I’ll definitely keep the house posted on the outcome.

Meanwhile, to all those who plan to submit in Abuja please beware of touts outside the VFS office. A lady approached me to have my application ‘checked’ for N2000!! If you must use an agent please use credible and reputable ones and there are a number of them. It may also help to make photocopies of all your supporting documents at home because it costs N20 per page in the VFS building.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by angelo5uk(m): 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2010
GUY PLZ I NEED SOMEONE THAT HAS A GOOD BACKGROUND IN THE UK STUDENT VISA APPLICATION TO ADVICE ME ON BEHALF OF MY FREND,

HE GOT ADMISSION TO STUDY A BSC TOP-UP PROGRAM AT ROBERT GORDON UNIVERSITY SCOTLAND AND PRESENTLY, HE HAS ALL THE REQUIRMENTS.

BUT THE ISSUE GOES LIKE THIS:

HIS COMBINING TWO WAEC RESULT COS HE GOT D7 IN ENGLISH SO HE RE-WROTE ANOTHER WAEC AND PASSED ENGLISH THIS TIME BUT A MISTAKE WAS MADE IN HIS NAME AND ALSO IN HIS DATE OF BIRTH,

YOU KNOW WAEC AND THEIR SLUGGISH WAHALA, ITS GOING TO TAKE A VERY LONG TIME SOMETIMESS 2YEARS FOR WAEC TO CORRECT THE MISTAKE IN HIS CERTIFICATE.

CAN HE APPLY FOR HIS STUDENT VISA LIKE THAT OR SHOULD HE GET AN AFFIDAVIT FROM A HIGH COURT, I DONT KNOW WHAT THE BRITISH EMBASSY ACCEPTS AS MEANS OF CORRECTION UNDR SUCH SITUATION, PLZ I NEED A PROFESSIONAL ADVISE.

HE HAS OND AND HND AND HES STARTING FROM YEAR THREE DIRECTLY AT ROBERT GORDON UNIVERSITY

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.