Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,139 members, 7,916,336 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:47 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (313949 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by angelo5uk(m): 9:55pm On Aug 10, 2010
[b][/b][b][/b]GUY PLZ I NEED SOMEONE THAT HAS A GOOD BACKGROUND IN THE UK STUDENT VISA APPLICATION TO ADVICE ME ON BEHALF OF MY FREND,

HE GOT ADMISSION TO STUDY A BSC TOP-UP PROGRAM AT ROBERT GORDON UNIVERSITY SCOTLAND AND PRESENTLY, HE HAS ALL THE REQUIRMENTS.

BUT THE ISSUE GOES LIKE THIS:

HIS COMBINING TWO WAEC RESULT COS HE GOT D7 IN ENGLISH SO HE RE-WROTE ANOTHER WAEC AND PASSED ENGLISH THIS TIME BUT A MISTAKE WAS MADE IN HIS NAME AND ALSO IN HIS DATE OF BIRTH,

YOU KNOW WAEC AND THEIR SLUGGISH WAHALA, ITS GOING TO TAKE A VERY LONG TIME SOMETIMESS 2YEARS FOR WAEC TO CORRECT THE MISTAKE IN HIS CERTIFICATE.

CAN HE APPLY FOR HIS STUDENT VISA LIKE THAT OR SHOULD HE GET AN AFFIDAVIT FROM A HIGH COURT, I DONT KNOW WHAT THE BRITISH EMBASSY ACCEPTS AS MEANS OF CORRECTION UNDR SUCH SITUATION, PLZ I NEED A PROFESSIONAL ADVISE.

HE HAS OND AND HND AND HES STARTING FROM YEAR THREE DIRECTLY AT ROBERT GORDON UNIVERSITY
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ateteh: 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2010
jikajika, pls jus want to know the list of document u summited to the embassy , or it include sponsor letter because i jus wana be sure, thanks reply me as soon as possible
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 12:03am On Aug 11, 2010
angelo5uk:

GUY PLZ I NEED SOMEONE THAT HAS A GOOD BACKGROUND IN THE UK STUDENT VISA APPLICATION TO ADVICE ME ON BEHALF OF MY FREND,

HE GOT ADMISSION TO STUDY A BSC TOP-UP PROGRAM AT ROBERT GORDON UNIVERSITY SCOTLAND AND PRESENTLY, HE HAS ALL THE REQUIRMENTS.

BUT THE ISSUE GOES LIKE THIS:

HIS COMBINING TWO WAEC RESULT COS HE GOT D7 IN ENGLISH SO HE RE-WROTE ANOTHER WAEC AND PASSED ENGLISH THIS TIME BUT A MISTAKE WAS MADE IN HIS NAME AND ALSO IN HIS DATE OF BIRTH,

YOU KNOW WAEC AND THEIR SLUGGISH WAHALA, ITS GOING TO TAKE A VERY LONG TIME SOMETIMESS 2YEARS FOR WAEC TO CORRECT THE MISTAKE IN HIS CERTIFICATE.

CAN HE APPLY FOR HIS STUDENT VISA LIKE THAT OR SHOULD HE GET AN AFFIDAVIT FROM A HIGH COURT, I DONT KNOW WHAT THE BRITISH EMBASSY ACCEPTS AS MEANS OF CORRECTION UNDR SUCH SITUATION, PLZ I NEED A PROFESSIONAL ADVISE.

HE HAS OND AND HND AND HES STARTING FROM YEAR THREE DIRECTLY AT ROBERT GORDON UNIVERSITY

The most important thing your friend should know about taking results to the embassy is that he should only take results that are stated on the CAS letter which is the basis on which he was given the admission, it is always clearly stated. So if it is OND or HND result that is stated as the basis on which his admission was given then he won't need to take any WAEC result to the embassy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 8:50am On Aug 11, 2010
jikajika:

Hello people, I submitted my application at VFS Global Abuja yesterday and got a text this morning that the application has been forwarded to the British High Commission for processing. Special thanks to Justwise and AKS for their invaluable advice while I was putting my application together. I gave the BHC all they asked for, so I believe I will get the visa. I’ll definitely keep the house posted on the outcome.

Meanwhile, to all those who plan to submit in Abuja please beware of touts outside the VFS office. A lady approached me to have my application ‘checked’ for N2000!! If you must use an agent please use credible and reputable ones and there are a number of them. It may also help to make photocopies of all your supporting documents at home because it costs N20 per page in the VFS building.

Thanks.

God will surely favour u and the result shall be positive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Jaylone(m): 10:10am On Aug 11, 2010
jikajika:

Hello people, I submitted my application at VFS Global Abuja yesterday and got a text this morning that the application has been forwarded to the British High Commission for processing.

Pls where is the VFS office in Abuja?

Secondly which of these forms did you submit VAF9, VAF3A, , ?

and how can we give biometric info?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bunny22: 10:21am On Aug 11, 2010
Hi all.

My school stated in the offer letter they gave me that I'm entitled to a 5% discount if I pay my fee in full prior to the start of my course. So, I paid 95% of the fee but when I got CAS, it was stated that I paid £9025 and wrote full fee as £9500. They later sent a mail and said I'm entitled to the discount. The problem now is: what do I write on the application form where they asked how much me fee is and how much is outstanding cos from the mail they sent to me from the school, they said I've paid my tuition in full.
pls, respond.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 2:14pm On Aug 11, 2010
Jaylone:

Pls where is the VFS office in Abuja?

Secondly which of these forms did you submit VAF9, VAF3A, , ?

and how can we give biometric info?
The forms to submit is VAF9 & PBS appendix 8 general student, link is stated below
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/vaf9
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/PBSappendix8generalstudent
As rgds [b]biometric inf[/b]o, this will be done at the VFS office though i don't know the address
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2010
bunny22:

Hi all.

My school stated in the offer letter they gave me that I'm entitled to a 5% discount if I pay my fee in full prior to the start of my course. So, I paid 95% of the fee but when I got CAS, it was stated that I paid £9025 and wrote full fee as £9500. They later sent a mail and said I'm entitled to the discount. The problem now is: what do I write on the application form where they asked how much me fee is and how much is outstanding cos from the mail they sent to me from the school, they said I've paid my tuition in full.
pls, respond.
From your mail above, i believe u've paid fully the tuition fee, all you need do is to attach mail from school to your application. You can as well stress this fact on the space given for additional information on the application form. I wish u all the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by umo77: 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2010
hi, i have a question for justwise and other nairalanders, my bank account starts with an opening balance of 600,000 naira, then my husband sent the amt of 2,900,000 also thereby making a total of 3.5 million in the acct as at the 20th of july. i then transferred the equivalent of 6238 pounds to my school for tuition. after that i fixed the sum of 1,296,000naira in my name and i still have 731,000 in my savings. in pounds, that should be well above 5,400 pounds required since my school is in salford.

my question is, in the section that i have to fill the amount to be paid on the self-assessment form, do i put in all i have or just the £5,400; and when exactly do i apply? is it on the 19th or 20th of august? please i'm getting a bit confused
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2010
bunny22:

Hi all.

pls, respond.
Your full school fees now is minus that 5% which is £9025, so in that form, u will write £9025 AND attached that letter from the school telling u that u are entitled to 5%. That 5% is taken into consideration when calculating full fees.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2010
umo77:

hi, i have a question for justwise and other nairalanders, my bank account starts with an opening balance of 600,000 naira, then my husband sent the amt of 2,900,000 also thereby making a total of 3.5 million in the acct as at the 20th of july. i then transferred the equivalent of 6238 pounds to my school for tuition. after that i fixed the sum of 1,296,000naira in my name and i still have 731,000 in my savings. in pounds, that should be well above 5,400 pounds required since my school is in salford.

my question is, in the section that i have to fill the amount to be paid on the self-assessment form, do i put in all i have or just the £5,400; and when exactly do i apply? is it on the 19th or 20th of august? please i'm getting a bit confused

If u have paid part of the fees then the amount to be paid will be the remaining fees, £5,400 is the maintenace fees, u don't need to write it there.
Print out the school fees reciept from the school and attach it in ur visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by umo77: 2:56pm On Aug 11, 2010
thanks justwise for your response. i only have £12 left to pay for the fees. it is stated on my CAS letter as well. what i really want to know is if i'm home and dry with the 2million left in my account, ie the fixed deposit and the savings. they both have been there for the same period and i intend sending their statements along with my husband's pay-slips, statement to show the source of the funding.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Jaylone(m): 3:02pm On Aug 11, 2010
Aks:

The forms to submit is VAF9 & PBS appendix 8 general student, link is stated below
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/vaf9
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/PBSappendix8generalstudent
As rgds [b]biometric inf[/b]o, this will be done at the VFS office though i don't know the address

Thanks AKS, jikajika I really would love to have the address as I can't go to Lagos.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BabaIbada: 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2010
@ justwise,
pls let me know if i'll need my statement of acct while travelling cos the one i submitted wasnt returned. I want to know if i should get another one before i start using the money in my account for my enrolment processes. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2010
umo77:

thanks justwise for your response. i only have £12 left to pay for the fees. it is stated on my CAS letter as well. what i really want to know is if i'm home and dry with the 2million left in my account, ie the fixed deposit and the savings. they both have been there for the same period and i intend sending their statements along with my husband's pay-slips, statement to show the source of the funding.

Yes you are good to go.

Wish u all the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2010
Baba Ibada:

@ justwise,
pls let me know if i'll need my statement of acct while travelling cos the one i submitted wasnt returned. I want to know if i should get another one before i start using the money in my account for my enrolment processes. Thanks.

No, u don't need that. ur enrolment processes will have nothing to do with ur bank statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by giggsy: 3:41pm On Aug 11, 2010
@jaylone The VFS office in Abuja is at 38 Lobito Crescent, Wuse 2.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ozoor1: 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2010
Hello Justwise and all,

I was just issued a birth certificate today as the first one is missing.Please i want to know if it will cause any problem in applying for my visa. And also am i to write a letter explaining why i have a new one?contributions please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bunny22: 3:48pm On Aug 11, 2010
@Justwise;
@Aks:

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Jaylone(m): 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2010
thanks giggsy,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gulag: 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2010
@ justwise and all the people in the house

I would be applying for a student visa but I have several issues

1) I have all the maintenance funds in my fathers fixed deposit ( about 23000 pounds). Are fixed deposits looked down upon in the UK emabassy and have people been rejected for using FD as a source of funds? The fixed deposit expires very soon and there is no penalty on encashing the funds

2) Also since it is not in my name will it be a problem? My father is sponsoring my education and I am over 21 but I would not be providing my own account. My father is of course writing a letter of support that he will be responsible for all my fees.

please answer soonest
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 9:46pm On Aug 11, 2010
, I SIMPLY HATE RGU NOW! I applied for my visa 2day at the VFS office in IKEJA brimmin with FULL CONFIDENCE thanks to all the lovely advice i have gotten from members of this forum, most especially JUSTWISE, NAT 138 and ALL, just to have my hopes dashed a few minutes ago. Chekd my mail, saw a mail in my spam acct which was sent from RGU, and tho most of the info's dey sent me wer in order, i realised that they have changed d START DATE to 27th of SEPT, and not the 21st as earlier stated in the initial CAS i received, bearin in mind dat they didnt evn send me an ammended copy of the said CAS, and i had 2 send my application without this same CAS!

So JUSTWISE and ALL, am i still in order with this recent development? Would they have cause to deny me on the basis that i made a wrong entry in my form regardin the COURSE START DATE wch was previously stated as 21? Pls reply, as i am not hapi at this moment cos of dis,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 9:59pm On Aug 11, 2010
jtx3001:

, I SIMPLY HATE RGU NOW! I applied for my visa 2day at the VFS office in IKEJA brimmin with FULL CONFIDENCE thanks to all the lovely advice i have gotten from members of this forum, most especially JUSTWISE, NAT 138 and ALL, just to have my hopes dashed a few minutes ago. Chekd my mail, saw a mail in my spam acct which was sent from RGU, and tho most of the info's dey sent me wer in order, i realised that they have changed d START DATE to 27th of SEPT, and not the 21st as earlier stated in the initial CAS i received, bearin in mind dat they didnt evn send me an ammended copy of the said CAS, and i had 2 send my application without this same CAS!

So JUSTWISE and ALL, am i still in order with this recent development? Would they have cause to deny me on the basis that i made a wrong entry in my form regardin the COURSE START DATE wch was previously stated as 21? Pls reply, as i am not hapi at this moment cos of dis,

Thanks alot, advise is the least thing that any human can offer another, so is no big deal. Regarding your visa submission and all, there should be no cause for alarm since you have submitted it again, this is because I believe that the high commission will see the earlier stated date in your CAS letter. And moreover is just a week difference so it shouldn't be a big deal.
Anyway all the best
cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 10:01pm On Aug 11, 2010
Thanks alot, advise is the least thing that any human can offer another, so is no big deal. Regarding your visa submission and all, there should be no cause for alarm since you have submitted it already, this is because I believe that the high commission will see the earlier stated date in your CAS letter. And moreover is just a week difference so it shouldn't be a big deal.
Anyway all the best
cheers!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by angelo5uk(m): 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2010
HELLO GUYS, MY FRIEND GOT ADMISSION TO STUDY AT RGU FROM YEAR 3 COS HE HAS OND AND HND FROM 9JA.
HE IS COMBINING TWO WAEC RESULTS BUT IN HIS CAS STATEMENT THEY ONLY MADE REFERENCE TO ONLY ONE OF THE RESULTS.
DO YOU THINK ALL IS WELL?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 10:40pm On Aug 11, 2010
angelo5uk:

HELLO GUYS, MY FRIEND GOT ADMISSION TO STUDY AT RGU FROM YEAR 3 COS HE HAS OND AND HND FROM 9JA.
HE IS COMBINING TWO WAEC RESULTS BUT IN HIS CAS STATEMENT THEY ONLY MADE REFERENCE TO ONLY ONE OF THE RESULTS.
DO YOU THINK ALL IS WELL?

Well that is because in the UK, they do not do result combination, so he has to use/present only the result mentioned in his CAS letter when he goes to do his visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:10am On Aug 12, 2010
ozoor1:

Hello Justwise and all,

I was just issued a birth certificate today as the first one is missing.Please i want to know if it will cause any problem in applying for my visa. And also am i to write a letter explaining why i have a new one?contributions please

Explaining why u have a new birth certificate is not a bad idea, use the space in the form where they asked for additional information to do that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:14am On Aug 12, 2010
gulag:

@ justwise and all the people in the houseI would be applying for a student visa but I have several issues
1) I have all the maintenance funds in my fathers fixed deposit ( about 23000 pounds). Are fixed deposits looked down upon in the UK emabassy and have people been rejected for using FD as a source of funds? The fixed deposit expires very soon and there is no penalty on encashing the funds
2) Also since it is not in my name will it be a problem? My father is sponsoring my education and I am over 21 but I would not be providing my own account. My father is of course writing a letter of support that he will be responsible for all my fees.
please answer soonest

I never heard of any refusal based on fixed deposit.

You can use ur dady's account, get the sponsor's letter and attach ur birth certificate to ur visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Jaylone(m): 9:17am On Aug 12, 2010
@Justwise

Is it that age declaration is not accepted? I don't have a birth certificate and I had used age declaration to apply for the admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:17am On Aug 12, 2010
jtx3001:

, I SIMPLY HATE RGU NOW! I applied for my visa 2day at the VFS office in IKEJA brimmin with FULL CONFIDENCE thanks to all the lovely advice i have gotten from members of this forum, most especially JUSTWISE, NAT 138 and ALL, just to have my hopes dashed a few minutes ago. Chekd my mail, saw a mail in my spam acct which was sent from RGU, and tho most of the info's dey sent me wer in order, i realised that they have changed d START DATE to 27th of SEPT, and not the 21st as earlier stated in the initial CAS i received, bearin in mind dat they didnt evn send me an ammended copy of the said CAS, and i had 2 send my application without this same CAS!So JUSTWISE and ALL, am i still in order with this recent development? Would they have cause to deny me on the basis that i made a wrong entry in my form regardin the COURSE START DATE wch was previously stated as 21? Pls reply, as i am not hapi at this moment cos of dis,

Don't panic yet,  nat138  is right, the embassy should have up todate info concerning ur application, change of start date will not affect the outcome of ur visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:18am On Aug 12, 2010
Jaylone:

@Justwise

Is it that age declaration is not accepted? I don't have a birth certificate and I had used age declaration to apply for the admission.

Its accepted, i used that as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 12, 2010
@ateteh: Here is a list of all the documents I submitted

1. forms VAF9 and Appendix 8 (AKS has posted links to the forms)
2. My academic transcript addressed to BHC
3. Letter from my father (since I’m using money in his account)
4. bank letter (from my father’s bank)
5. My birth certificate ()
6. WAEC result statement
7. Passport photos
8. international passport
9. CAS statement
10. Visa Fee (almost N51,000 paid at the office)
11. Biometrics also taken at the office

@ jaylone: The visa application center in Abuja is @ VF Global Services Nigeria LTD no 38 Lobito Cresent, Wuse 2, Abuja-Nigeria.

Goodluck to all of us!

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.