Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,970 members, 7,873,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312939 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 2:43pm On Aug 07, 2010
jtx3001:

Tnx NAT 138 & JUSTWISE, but like OLIVER TWIST m bak 4 mor - der wer no answers 2 d 1st & 2nd part of my questions! Pls deal wit dem asap 4 me pls,

If the funds are in your account but you have no means to prove that you can raise such funds, then your mother has to write a sponsor letter. Your mother doesn't need to show tax clearance and all that o, don't take documents that are not needed to VFS as it only complicates their work. Take a sponsor letter from your mom, your bank statement and your mom's bank statement cos her it will show on the statement that she moved the money from her account. And it will show on you own statement when the moved funds were deposited in your own account. Both statements must cover a period of at least 28 days by the day u submit your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Real112: 3:03pm On Aug 07, 2010
@nat138

Thank you so much for your response and advise. I didn't lie on my present application, i told them have applied before and i was refused because i didn't meet the requirements. I pray to God to make everything okay and i know he will answer my prayers, in Jesus name (Amen)
Thank you again for your good words.
Ltr
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2010
Tnx NAT,u'v sortd dat out!Wil hv 2 xplain 2 her dat i dnt nid d TAX CLEARANCE,but her BANK STATEMENT & BANK REF. LETTER shld do jst fine!

Ges i'l also hav 2 CHECK dat box wch inquires abt a SPONSOR LETTER in SECTION 6.18,tho i didnt fill d part meant for it(if d FUNDS R IN ME & MY SPONSORS NAME/ACCT),bt dt the FUNDS R IN MY NAME/ACCT,rite?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by fali: 4:16pm On Aug 07, 2010
Hi my people. Please i need your urgent response to my questions.
I applied for UK Student visa in 2007 and i was denied based on the following:
1)while you have evidence of funds, you have not provided evidence of their origin.
2)I note that you were last in full-time education in 2000. You have not demonstrated that you have sought to enhance your education during the intervening period.

I want to submit my application next week with another passport with different date of birth because they made mistake with my date of birth on my former passport. Hope the above stated points will not affect my application. Although i started my MBA last year to finish in October 2010 and my first degree is in science field.
Please can i justify my application this time around?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SAMMYTOPE: 7:42pm On Aug 07, 2010
pls dont confuse us now.Before you told us dat if we are over 18 we dont need any sponsor letter or document. now u said its compulsory.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 8:16pm On Aug 07, 2010
fali:

Hi my people. Please i need your urgent response to my questions.
I applied for UK Student visa in 2007 and i was denied based on the following:
1)while you have evidence of funds, you have not provided evidence of their origin.
2)I note that you were last in full-time education in 2000. You have not demonstrated that you have sought to enhance your education during the intervening period.

I want to submit my application next week with another passport with different date of birth because they made mistake with my date of birth on my former passport. Hope the above stated points will not affect my application. Although i started my MBA last year to finish in October 2010 and my first degree is in science field.
Please can i justify my application this time around?

So the visa you want to apply for now is it a student visa or a visiting visa? if it is a student visa, when is ypur programme in the UK supposed to commence? and what about ur MBA that you are almost completing. The bolded part in you write up, if you applied for a student visa and you were refused based on the fact that you had your funds but their origin where not known, it means that the embassy wanted to know what your source of funds was especially if you were unemployed at the time. well if you have justified the source of your funds now and meet all the necessary requirements then there should be no problem.

SAMMYTOPE:

pls dont confuse us now.Before you told us dat if we are over 18 we dont need any sponsor letter or document. now u said its compulsory.

What sponsor letter or document are you referring to? if you are unemployed and you present a bank statement that is in your name with some millions of nairas in the account, don't you think it will only be reasonable for the embassy to want to know where you got such money from?? Because for all they know, you might have as well borrowed the money to use it in getting visa with the hope of returning it to the owner when your visa has been issued. If your funds are in either of your parents account and you bear the same name with them, then use their account, but if the money has been transfered to your account already then you need to show that such money was transferred from your parents account and is meant for your studies and the only way to prove that is by your parents issuing you a letter with regards to that.
cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by fali: 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2010
I want to apply for student visa and my programme will be starting in September. The fund required has been in my account for over 28days. I only went for MBA just to upgrade myself since i work with one of the financial institution.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2010
fali:

I want to apply for student visa and my programme will be starting in September. The fund required has been in my account for over 28days. I only went for MBA just to upgrade myself since i work with one of the financial institution.

Well you can apply for the visa then but if I were in your shoes, I will still complete my MBA programme since you even said it ends in October, do you just want to leave the MBA programme like that without completing it to embark on another programme? when exactly in october does your programme finish and what date in september is the school in the UK resuming?
Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SAMMYTOPE: 10:48pm On Aug 07, 2010
my people am confused with this statement of account palava.am 20years old and am a student.my dad gave me the sum of 5400p cash in naira,but i didnt want to put the money just like dat,so i split the money into 4places,and it was deposited by my friends into my account with different names.now the money is now countin.pls hw should i go about it.should i submit my statement with/without a sponsor letter from my dad.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 10:59pm On Aug 07, 2010
@ Sammy Tope, stop asking the same question multiple times, ur previous post got an answer which is still the same question u asked in your last post, so why no check the earlier answer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lekepee: 7:54am On Aug 08, 2010
Seriously,am confused already, guess just as sammytope!First we need to show source of funds if the money is in our account;that shd be a sponsor letter from the parent who transferred the funds to our account.The question is with this DO WE STILL NEED TO SHOW THE STATEMENT OF ACCT OF THE PARENT.The fund is already in my acc;Can I just take a sponsor letter from my dad written in the Letter Headed paper of a building construction company owned by him?? But not his statement of acc. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:13am On Aug 08, 2010
SAMMYTOPE:

my people am confused with this statement of account palava.am 20years old and am a student.my dad gave me the sum of 5400p cash in naira,but i didnt want to put the money just like dat,so i split the money into 4places,and it was deposited by[b] my friends into my account with different names[/b].now the money is now countin.pls hw should i go about it.should i submit my statement with/without a sponsor letter from my dad.

Why do you need to do that? Depositing the money with different names will give the impression that u borrowed the money from those pple and when the visa is issued u return the money, why did you not deposit the money urself?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:24am On Aug 08, 2010
lekepee:

Seriously,am confused already, guess just as sammytope!First we need to show source of funds if the money is in our account;that shd be a sponsor letter from the parent who transferred the funds to our account.The question is with this DO WE STILL NEED TO SHOW THE STATEMENT OF ACCT OF THE PARENT.The fund is already in my acc;Can I just take a sponsor letter from my dad written in the Letter Headed paper of a building construction company owned by him?? But not his statement of acc. Thanks
Why are u worried about providing your parent's bank statement if they have given you the money? Its easy to verify bank statement BUT anybody can write sponsor's letter and there is no guarantee that its genuine.

If you don't work and have millions in your account, don't you think it will raise an eyebrow?
Its not only about  having the money in your account but the BHC want to be sure that that money will be AVAILALBE for you when you get to the UK.

Looking at your parent's bank statment only will tell the BHC if ur parent can afford to sponsor u or not, or maybe the money was borrowed just for visa supposes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by rein07: 10:26am On Aug 08, 2010
@justwise: My sponsor is using remittance bank account for his salary. He's currently working in Africa. Is it ok to use this to the embassy? Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SAMMYTOPE: 11:17am On Aug 08, 2010
my ppl pls dont be fed up wit my questions,pls i just dont want to make any mistake while submitting my application.av made the mistake by depositin with diff names.pls hw should i go about it.pls urgent reply.thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2010
SAMMYTOPE,lemme help out ere-it dosnt matter if d money was dposited in DIFFERENT NAMES,jst as long as dey HAVE/USED D SAME SURNAME(as urs!) wch can b TRACED 2 a BANK ACCT with a SIMILAR SURNAME(as urs again!) as d SOURCE O'D FUNDS. If don d way i described above,den u hav no wories, as dey'l simply presume it was oda members o'UR FAMILY depositin d money,tho d said money originatd frm d SAME ACCT wch is owned,still,by an IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER bearin d same SURNAME!

Can answer dis cos dats wt applies 2 mine,as my SIS & BRO(wit same SURNAME as MINE!) depositd d MONEY in2 my acct @ diff times,wch can b TRACED 2 my MUM's BANK ACCT(wch bears d SAME SURNAME 2!); bt in any case,M I WRONG JUSTWISE?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2010
SAMMYTOPE,lemme help out ere-it dosnt matter if d money was dposited in DIFFERENT NAMES,jst as long as dey HAVE/USED D SAME SURNAME(as urs!) wch can b TRACED 2 a BANK ACCT with a SIMILAR SURNAME(as urs again!) as d SOURCE O'D FUNDS. If don d way i described above,den u hav no wories, as dey'l simply presume it was oda members o'UR FAMILY depositin d money,tho d said money originatd frm d SAME ACCT wch is owned,still,by an IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER bearin d same SURNAME!

Can answer dis cos dats wt applies 2 mine,as my SIS & BRO(wit same SURNAME as MINE!) depositd d MONEY in2 my acct @ diff times,wch can b TRACED 2 my MUM's BANK ACCT(wch bears d SAME SURNAME 2!); bt in any case,M I WRONG JUSTWISE?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2010
jtx3001:

SAMMYTOPE,lemme help out ere-it dosnt matter if d money was dposited in DIFFERENT NAMES,jst as long as dey HAVE/USED D SAME SURNAME(as urs!) wch can b TRACED 2 a BANK ACCT with a SIMILAR SURNAME(as urs again!) as d SOURCE O'D FUNDS. If don d way i described above,den u hav no wories, as dey'l simply presume it was oda members o'your FAMILY depositin d money,tho d said money originatd frm d SAME ACCT wch is owned,still,by an IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER bearin d same SURNAME!

Your case is different, those depositors bears ur family name AND its bank transfer BUT SAMMYTOPE used friends.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 2:18pm On Aug 08, 2010
Ok JUSTWISE,point noted-but MINE wasnt alwaz BANK TRANSFERs but also CASH LODGEMENTS(My MUM'l withdraw frm her acct,bt sinc she had oda engagements,gav d CASH 2 eida my SIS OR BRO 2 dposit in2 m'acct) - most o'd FUNDS traceable 2 d SAME ACCT! Is dat ok?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2010
[b][/b]EVERYBODY SHOULD LISTEN AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT AM ABOUT TO SAY ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE YET TO APPLY FOR YOUR STUDENT VISA. I WAS REFUSED MY VISA AND IN THE NOTICE OF REFUSAL, THE ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER SAID I FAILED TO SCORE 10 POINTS FOR MAINTAINANCE DESPITE THE FACT THAT I HAD HELD THE SUM OF £5,600 IN MY DOMICILIARY ACCT FOR 40 DAYS AS AT THE DATE I PRINTED MY BANK STATEMENT. WHAT HE SAID WAS THAT I DID NOT TRANSACT WITH THE ACCOUNT FOR 28 DAYS. THAT WAS THE REASON OF THE REFUSAL DESPITE THE FACT THAT I HAD PAID MY SCHOOL FEES IN FULL. THE MONEY WAS LODGED IN MY ACCOUNT IN 4 INSTALLMENTS THE FIRST BY ME AND THE SUBSEQUENT ONES BY MY MOM. HE SAID THAT THE RULES STATE THAT THE DATE THE STATEMENT WAS PRINTED WOULD NOT BE USED AS THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ACCOUNT, BUT THE LAST DAY THAT THERE WAS A TRANSACTION IN THE ACCOUNT WHICH WAS THE LAST DAY MY MOM DEPOSITED. SO I FAILED TO MEET UP WITH THE 28 DAYS RULE. I POSTED THIS SO THAT PEOPLE CAN LEARN FROM MY CASE.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ukredbone(m): 9:18pm On Aug 08, 2010
[b][/b]EVERYBODY SHOULD LISTEN AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT AM ABOUT TO SAY ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE YET TO APPLY FOR YOUR STUDENT VISA. I WAS REFUSED MY VISA AND IN THE NOTICE OF REFUSAL, THE ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER SAID I FAILED TO SCORE 10 POINTS FOR MAINTAINANCE DESPITE THE FACT THAT I HAD HELD THE SUM OF £5,600 IN MY DOMICILIARY ACCT FOR 40 DAYS AS AT THE DATE I PRINTED MY BANK STATEMENT. WHAT HE SAID WAS THAT I DID NOT TRANSACT WITH THE ACCOUNT FOR 28 DAYS. THAT WAS THE REASON OF THE REFUSAL DESPITE THE FACT THAT I HAD PAID MY SCHOOL FEES IN FULL. THE MONEY WAS LODGED IN MY ACCOUNT IN 4 INSTALLMENTS THE FIRST BY ME AND THE SUBSEQUENT ONES BY MY MOM. HE SAID THAT THE RULES STATE THAT THE DATE THE STATEMENT WAS PRINTED WOULD NOT BE USED AS THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ACCOUNT, BUT THE LAST DAY THAT THERE WAS A TRANSACTION IN THE ACCOUNT WHICH WAS THE LAST DAY MY MOM DEPOSITED. SO I FAILED TO MEET UP WITH THE 28 DAYS RULE. I POSTED THIS SO THAT PEOPLE CAN LEARN FROM MY CASE.
Dude! I find it hard to believe ur case.I had an untouched 5400 in my savings for 28days(account statement printed on the 29th day) and i got the 10 points.Kindly count from the day your account clocked 5600(probably the day ur mum maid the last deposit) to the day you printed the account,u may find out it will not be up to 28days, there is ur prblem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 9:20pm On Aug 08, 2010
FEMTOPSY,wana ask dis-did u start countin ur 40 days from d DATE U MADE D INITIAL DEPOSIT,or from d DATE UR MUM PAID D FINAL INSTALMENT?If frm d FORMER,den u didnt meet d 28 day rule,bt if frm d LATTER,den U did,bt wer refused 'cos der wer no TRANSACTIONS/WITHDRAWALS made!

Frm wt i'v learnt frm JUSTWISE & oda learned ppl on dis forum,I ges if u'v had dat 5600 pounds in dt acct & had withdrawn abt 100 or 200 pounds within d 28-day waitin period without going below d stated 5400 pounds,u'd hav been grantd!Dnt take my word as GOSPEL tho,bt do answer d abov question
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SAMMYTOPE: 9:28pm On Aug 08, 2010
@just wise pls help me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2010
Dude! I find it hard to believe your case.I had an untouched 5400
in my savings for 28days(account statement printed on the 29th
day) and i got the 10 points.Kindly count from the day your
account clocked 5600(probably the day your mum maid the last
deposit) to the day you printed the account,u may find out it will
not be up to 28days, there is your prblem.

UKREDBONE! THE 40 DAYS WAS AFTER THE LAST DEPOSIT WAS SAID. Even my school did not understand why I was refused. Until I told them the officer said I did not meet the rules because I did not TRANSACT for 28 days. He counted from the date the first deposit was lodged in and the date the final money was lodged. Its so crazy and annoying. Sumone said I should have withdrawn before applying. Eversince then I have been withdrawing and depositing everyday until I get my new CAS since that is what they want
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ukredbone(m): 12:58am On Aug 09, 2010
Hey Femtopsy! then its a unique case,but withdrawing and puting bak won't solve the issue,it will make matters worse,unless u neva go below the 5400.I dont even know y u guys use the dorm account,it is clearly stated that u shld use a savings or current account in their tier 4 guidance,i'm not even comfortable with fixed deposit.I think the transaction u ought to try is for the statement to show u had a transaction with the school using that dorm account (like paying your fee sor accommodation).the only transaction on my savings statement was a bank charge for my funds transfer to the school. Cheers!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by rein07: 10:19am On Aug 09, 2010
@justwise: My sponsor is using remittance bank account for his salary. He's currently working in Africa. Is it ok to use this to the embassy? Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ozoor1: 10:19am On Aug 09, 2010
Morning All,

I was just given a new age declaration certificate last week as my old one was fake.Will it be a minus on my side to present it in applying for my visa?

Suggestions most appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:30am On Aug 09, 2010
rein07:

I don't see anything wrong in using it as long as u share the same family name with him.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:32am On Aug 09, 2010
ozoor1:

Morning All,

I was just given a new age declaration certificate last week as my old one was fake.Will it be a minus on my side to present it in applying for my visa?

Suggestions most appreciated.

Have you applied for UK visa with the fake one recently b4 getting the new one?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:36am On Aug 09, 2010
SAMMYTOPE:

@just wise pls help me

I don't think there is anything u can do now considering the fact that schools here starts new semester next month.
Is either u submit it like that with the hope that the BHC will not notice it Or go for Jan admission while u sort it out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ozoor1: 10:48am On Aug 09, 2010
[/quote][quote author=justwise link=topic=331618.msg6539073#msg6539073 date=1281346365]
Have you applied for UK visa with the fake one recently b4 getting the new one?

No I have not applied for my visa yet.I just want to know what to do now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by menana: 11:12am On Aug 09, 2010
my new cas did not state that i had paid tuition deposit. does it matter? or all the details except the cas number still holds at BHC

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.