Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,960 members, 7,873,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:55 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312929 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by fali: 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2010
Please advice:can i sworn affidavit for my lost marriage certificate before submitting my student visa application since my degree certificate is bearing my maiden name.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bunny22: 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2010
Hi all.
I have been offered admission in a uk unversity and I'm still expecting my CAS but I just found out that my neco certificate and degree notification of result are missing.
Please I need advice on what do do as I'm going to need them for my visa application?
Please advice on what to do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bunny22: 1:02pm On Aug 04, 2010
One more thing, my dad paid 1.8m in my account for maintenance. Do I still need a sponsorship letter from him? Lastly, my transcript is not in a sealed envelope. Do I need to get a sealed one addressed to BHC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2010
fali:

Please advice:can i sworn affidavit for my lost marriage certificate before submitting my student visa application since my degree certificate is bearing my maiden name.
Thank you

YES, u will need a court affidavit to confirm that ur marriage certificate is truly missing if there is no way to get another one.

bunny22:

Hi all.
I have been offered admission in a uk unversity and I'm still expecting my CAS but I just found out that my neco certificate and degree notification of result are missing.
Please I need advice on what do do as I'm going to need them for my visa application?
Please advice on what to do.

What were the documents u used for admission into the school? if it is ur NECO results as well as the notification of result then you need to find a way to get these documents becuase that is what will be written on you CAS letter from the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by fali: 2:50pm On Aug 04, 2010
Please i want to use my personal fixed deposit for my application, is it compulsory to submit evidence of source of income(tax clearance, pay slipetc) .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bunny22: 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2010
I used the neco certificate but certificates are not issued twice.
One more thing, my dad paid 1.8m in my account for maintenance. Do I still need a sponsorship letter from him? Lastly, my transcript is not in a sealed envelope. Do I need to get a sealed one addressed to BHC.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by giggsy: 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2010
Thanks to ell77 for starting this thread and to everyone else who has contributed meaningfully, especially justwise. I have gotten my visa and it was issued under a week. Thank God for His mercies, I am so grateful. I submitted the following original documents along with the application forms: CAS letter, laminated WAEC Certificate, Bachelor's degree Certificate, letter of attestation from my former University, Transcript and Personal Bank Statement. My visa was issued despite the fact that I submitted a laminated document, as well as an unsealed transcript (which, by the way, is not addressed to the BHC). Again, I didn't submit any letter of introduction from my bank along with my account statement.

I hope this info will help to ease the minds of some worried house members.

All the best. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2010
Congrats Giggsy for the wonderful piece of information, it'll will surely address most of the concerns of all on the blog
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bunny22: 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2010
My dad a lump sum into my account for the maintenance fee. I really hope this won't be a problem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by lekepee: 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2010
Giggsy's info has answered all my questions, kudos to you. Cos I ve a transcript addressed to another school entirely, I guess I'll use this too,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by humblemoi: 10:37pm On Aug 04, 2010
Please can anyone confirm to me if the required document to submit for an application using a FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT is the Letter from bank, that is, A letter from bank confirming funds have been held for a consecutive 28 day period??

As this seems different from personal bank savings and building passbook statement.

Or is there anything to show as regards this fixed deposit account?

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by humblemoi: 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2010
As this seems different from personal bank savings and building passbook statement.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by rein07: 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2010
Please enlighten me, if my dad get his salary every 28 or (30 days if delayed) in his bank account, how should i start counting 28 days then as stated to the uk rules with regards to bank maintenance? Please help me again.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbemleks: 11:35pm On Aug 04, 2010
Hi peeps,

I need clarifications on some grey areas in d PBS Appendix 8 form. Questn 4.2 : Give the academic level of the course or qualification awarded when the course is finished? Cld it be like MSC,BSC or?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by amune1: 8:06am On Aug 05, 2010
Justwise and all,

I was just issued a certificate of birth registration by National Population Commission to replace my declaration of age.Hope the recent date which the certificate carries,(04/08/2010) will not be an issue when i apply for my visa,as it is valid and authentic.

Contributions please,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:23am On Aug 05, 2010
giggsy:

Thanks to ell77 for starting this thread and to everyone else who has contributed meaningfully, especially justwise. I have gotten my visa and it was issued under a week. Thank God for His mercies, I am so grateful. I submitted the following original documents along with the application forms: CAS letter, laminated WAEC Certificate, Bachelor's degree Certificate, letter of attestation from my former University, Transcript and Personal Bank Statement. My visa was issued despite the fact that I submitted a laminated document, as well as an unsealed transcript (which, by the way, is not addressed to the BHC). Again, I didn't submit any letter of introduction from my bank along with my account statement.
I hope this info will help to ease the minds of some worried house members.
All the best. smiley

I'm absolutely happy for you, welldone! you have done it and thanks alot for the info u provided here for other applicants, u got no clue how important that is.

Good luck with ur studies here and enjoy every bite of it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:27am On Aug 05, 2010
amune1:

Justwise and all,

I was just issued a certificate of birth registration by National Population Commission to replace my declaration of age.Hope the recent date which the certificate carries,(04/08/2010) will not be an issue when i apply for my visa,as it is valid and authentic.

Contributions please,

I don't think it will be an issue since you are replacing a lost document. You can alos write a few lines of note to explain to BHC why you have to get another age certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:29am On Aug 05, 2010
gbemleks:

Hi peeps,

I need clarifications on some grey areas in d PBS Appendix 8 form. Questn 4.2 : Give the academic level of the course or qualification awarded when the course is finished? Cld it be like MSC,BSC or?

MSC if you are going for postgraduate course and BSC for first degree course
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:37am On Aug 05, 2010
rein07:

Please enlighten me, if my dad get his salary every 28 or (30 days if delayed) in his bank account, how should i start counting 28 days then as stated to the uk rules with regards to bank maintenance? Please help me again.

Thank you.

If you have the required amount(fees + maintenace fees) in that account then the 28days counting will start the very day that complete amount was deposited, ur dady's salary going into that account will not be a problem as you have the complete amount already.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:40am On Aug 05, 2010
humblemoi:

Please can anyone confirm to me if the required document to submit for an application using a FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT is the Letter from bank, that is, A letter from bank confirming funds have been held for a consecutive 28 day period??

Thank you

A letter from the bank confirming that the funds have been held for a consecutive 28 day period seems more appropriate in this case.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by menana: 9:41am On Aug 05, 2010
was just refused entry clearance,because eco said i submitted my fathers business account which is absolutely untrue. the statement belongs to my father of which he is the sole signitory. the bank statemnt even has the narration
(name) usd account
private banking customer.

i dont know what to do,i already requested for a new cas from my school because i want to re apply with a letter from the bank supporting the bank statement since the admin review may take long.

do you think my father should write a strong letter to conteract what the eco said,in addition to his sponsorship letter?please advise me JUSTWISE
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by rein07: 11:17am On Aug 05, 2010
Thank you for your quick response justwise! I feel relieved smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Real112: 11:23am On Aug 05, 2010
@bunny22

Sorry about your missing document. What i will advice you to do is go to the Police station and let them know your school certificates are missing so they could give you a Police report. Then take the police report to the NECO office and tell them you certificate is missing. I fink if they see the Police report they should be able to issue with another one.
  As for your CAS statement you are still expecting, If you are resuming school this next yr Jan/sept 2011 you can still wait for the hard copy but if you are resuming this Sept 2010 ,what you should do is call or email your school in U.K and tell them to scan a copy of the CAS statement and send it to your email then you can print it out and use it to apply for you visa. What the Embassy really wants to see is the Sponsors License number and your CAS number,just make sure you have the print out if the Hard copy is not ready. You do not need a sponsor letter from your Dad if you are above 17. I wish you Good Luck.
Bye
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2010
Justwise, can u pls clarify this issue of submitting TRANSCRIPT for the visa application. I thought the transcript is usually sent to the school along with all other documents and after the school review they will give an unconditional offer to go ahead with the application.

is it a must to submit transcript when making application to the embassy? I thought all doc to be submitted will be clearly stated on the CAS AND there are times when submission of transacript (Only Certificate is written) is not stated. i do believe this question needs clarification as a lot of people will be confused along this line

rgds
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2010
Thank God I got my student visa today, The waiting period almost threw me off, but I think its best you just trust God.

@all: This forum is really good and you will learn a lot if you can take your time to read from the first page,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bunny22: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2010
@Real112:
Thanks for your response.

I was told I can't get a police report since it was not stolen. I already swore an affidavit.
So, what will my source of income be if I'm not getting a letter from my dad?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 2:05pm On Aug 05, 2010
Insert Quote
Thank God I got my student visa today, The waiting period almost threw me off, but I think its best you just trust God.
tyolsgirl:

@ tylosgirl--- congratulations
can u pls give us a breakdown of the duration btw when u submitted ur application till today when u receive the good news, also of utmost importance are the list of documents submitted to help others on this forum
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Real112: 2:48pm On Aug 05, 2010
@bunny22

Since the money is in your personal account and you are above 17,you do not need a letter and you don't have to show them your source of income. That is why you can deposit a lump sum of money in your account at a time. So u don't have to show all that becos the embassy knows someone will be responsible for you that.
You can only tell them your source of income if you fill on your form that you are working presently,you will have to submit your payslips and a well balance statement of account which will correspond wif your monthly income.
If you are not working presently this is what i know you shud submit with you application forms are :Your CAS statement,all document you used in getting your admission that is listed on ur CAS statement (offer letter),your international passport, statement of account, Passport fotogragh and any other doc u wish to add. please go through their requirements again so u won't be making any mistakes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2010
Aks:

Insert Quote
@ tylosgirl--- congratulations
can u pls give us a breakdown of the duration btw when u submitted your application till today when u receive the good news, also of utmost importance are the list of documents submitted to help others on this forum

Thanks a lot. Well honestly I didn't want to post the duration to avoid scaring off people. Mine took scary 30 working days as I submitted in third week of June. I had to send them an email and then I got a response back telling me it will be sent back this week. But in all I thank God it was successful even though mine was a special case,

The documents I submitted are listed below
List of all supporting evidence listed on my CAS, where it was indicated as statement of result or certificate
Waec, Degree and Professional Certificates
Birth Certificate
Statement of Account - Personal (I printed 3 months)
Letter of reference from the bank
My Job offer letters, and copy of my work ID card
Printed CAS, and offer letter from the school
Sworn Affidavit and police report for documents lost

I did not submit any proof of income, as my bank statement did not show any salary lodgement, I also did not submit any letter of introduction from employer, nor accommodation proof as my school doesn't have halls of residence.

Wish everyone applying all the best in their applications. Just follow this thread and the tier 4 guidance and you will be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by giggsy: 3:14pm On Aug 05, 2010
@tyolsgirl Congratulations. @justwise thanks for your best wishes.

@gbemleks The answer for question 4.2 was stated on my CAS letter as NQF Level 7. Check your CAS letter, perhaps the answer was specified, if not I think you should go ahead with justwise's answer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2010
giggsy:

@tyolsgirl Congratulations. @justwise thanks for your best wishes.

@gbemleks The answer for question 4.2 was stated on my CAS letter as NQF Level 7. Check your CAS letter, perhaps the answer was specified, if not I think you should go ahead with justwise's answer.

Thanks and a big congratulations to you too,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2010
@ Tylos--- CONGRATS 1CE again.

In line with mail sent earlier, You have really helped a lot of guys here by ur breakdown in the chat above. My brother did submit his application 2 days ago and is inline with all you outlined cos he fall into working class category.

wishing you guys all the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.