Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312996 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:10am On Jul 26, 2010
datruguy:

@justwise
Good morning. I would your advice as regard my intending uk study visa application. I got an unconditional offer to study a masters program @ birmingham city university. I paid the required deposit last week and I would like to ask a few questions
1. Hw many days/weeks does it take to be issued d CAS letter? 2. Do I get it via mail or can it be sent to me via email?
3. I intend to use my dads account n I want to know if we have to wait for 28days or we can apply straight away being that it's his normal account?
4. After paying a 3000pnds deposit, hw much do we need to have in d bank account before applying for the visa?
Thanks
The issuing of CAS doesn't take that long though it depends on the school and how quick they process your application but since the new semester is starting Sept, it will not take that long.
You will get an email from them.

You need to have £5400(maintenace money) Plus the remaining school fees in your account for 28days b4 applying for visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Aks(m): 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2010
@ justwise, u are da man. u hit the nail on the head on all the issues raised. More grace to your elbow for the concise and useful info u'r dishing on this forum on a daily basis.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2010
Aks:

@ justwise, u are da man. u hit the nail on the head on all the issues raised. More grace to your elbow for the concise and useful info u'r dishing on this forum on a daily basis.

No wahala bros, we are all here to help as much as we can.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by persist: 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2010
Just wise I don't know how I can make the sealed transcript . Transcript basically take about 1 month in my school to processes and now August is here . Have u heard of cases where people are rejected based on transcripts not being sealed.

My transcript is not addressed to anybody and it is authentic. embarassed What do u think. why would my old transcript not fly? just curious? Concerning the account I deposited the sum of 1m in one day and deposited the others in succession .Hope They will not ask why 1m was depossited in just one day?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2010
persist:

Just wise I don't know how I can make the sealed transcript . Transcript basically take about 1 month in my school to processes and now August is here . Have u heard of cases where people are rejected based on transcripts not being sealed.
My transcript is not addressed to anybody and it is authentic. embarassed What do u think. why would my old transcript not fly? just curious? Concerning the account I deposited the sum of 1m in one day and deposited the others in succession .Hope They will not ask why 1m was depossited in just one day?

To be honest with u, i never heard of any refusal based on the transcript not sealed, so let me not mislead you on that.

That is my fear as well BUT with strong and reliable source of income i doubt if they will raise an eyebrow about it. Sometimes when ur source of finance is questionable then other 'issues' will be looked into
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by persist: 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2010
Guys a new Update from UkBA If u received your CAS on or after 12th of August then U will have to compulsorly pass TOEFL or IELTS they call it Secured Englist Test.
Wonder why these guys are doing this . We just want knowledge. embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tommee: 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2010
@justwise u have been wondaful so far from d begining of the forum and i appreciate all ur responses so far coz have been able to learn and it has been useful to me so far,However pleaase i will like u to educate on how d money in the bank will be calculates my school is inside london which i have also paid 100% tution fees,i know i now require to have 7200p in my account for 28dys but what i want to know is what rate do they use coz from my own calculation dat should be 1800m naira,although i have more than that but i want to know the exact amount the 7200p will be cox i dont want to make mistakes.Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2010
tommee:

@justwise u have been wondaful so far from d begining of the forum and i appreciate all your responses so far coz have been able to learn and it has been useful to me so far,However pleaase i will like u to educate on how d money in the bank will be calculates my school is inside london which i have also paid 100% tution fees,i know i now require to have 7200p in my account for 28dys but what i want to know is what rate do they use coz from my own calculation dat should be 1800m naira,although i have more than that but i want to know the exact amount the 7200p will be cox i dont want to make mistakes.Thanks

I do not think British High Commission have a specific rate used in calculating the funds. But you can follow the Oanda conversion rate as at the date of your statement, and quote the date, Just my opinion though, I might be wrong.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 10:24pm On Jul 26, 2010
persist:

Guys a new Update from UkBA If u received your CAS on or after 12th of August then U will have to compulsorly pass TOEFL or IELTS they call it Secured Englist Test.
Wonder why these guys are doing this . We just want knowledge. embarassed

The English Language testing is only for students studying below degree level, not all students.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:34am On Jul 27, 2010
tommee:

@justwise u have been wondaful so far from d begining of the forum and i appreciate all your responses so far coz have been able to learn and it has been useful to me so far,However pleaase i will like u to educate on how d money in the bank will be calculates my school is inside london which i have also paid 100% tution fees,i know i now require to have 7200p in my account for 28dys but what i want to know is what rate do they use coz from my own calculation dat should be 1800m naira,although i have more than that but i want to know the exact amount the 7200p will be cox i dont want to make mistakes.Thanks

tyolsgirl is right, the BHC use the exchange rate of the day, use Oanda to calculate the rate, at todays' rate that £7200 will give you N1,647.77(£1=228.857)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by amune1: 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2010
Please can someone tell me if i can use an investment letter from a bank as a back up for money in account when applying for my visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by strict: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2010
Thanks justwise for your great advice,, i have gotten my cas but i want to be sure of this:

This is another option in the ukba website for student that dont have the money in their account

If a student is relying on money held by your parents(s) or legal guardian, you must show that you are related to your parent(s) or legal guardian. You must provide:

your birth certificate showing the names of your parent(s); or
your certificate of adoption showing names of both parent(s) or legal guardian; or
a court document naming your legal guardian.

You must provide the original legal document or a notarised copy.

You must also show that your parent(s) or legal guardian have given their permission for you to use this money. To do this, you must provide a letter from your parent(s) or legal guardian confirming:

your relationship with your parent(s) or legal guardian; and
their permission for you to use their funds to study in the UK.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/evidence/money/#

this is what i am going for because,my sister's husband is willing to sponsor me and he has a company which he is willing to tender his company's account and write letter showing our relationship and permission for me to use a specific amount from his account also his lawyer is going to tender a court document showing that he his my legal guardian,

I NEED ADVICE ON THIS,WILL THIS WORK AS THIS IS THE BEST FOR ME
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by teeewai(m): 7:21pm On Jul 27, 2010
Hi Y'all,

need some advice in here, got adm with Birmingham city uni MSc and resumption date is Sept 13, my funds just got into my account today to the tune of N4m which is able to take care of the tuition fee (10350pds) and 6,000pds maintenance fee, so my 28 days start counting from now.

1 Can i use my NECO cert as part of the supporting documents, cos i actually got an uncoditional offer through the certificate

2. Do i leave the funds in Naira (in my savings account ) or convert it pounds in my Domicilairy account

3. Considering the days, 28 days in the bank, 15 working days visa processing, do you think i still have a better chance as the school resumes sept 13.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by giggsy: 9:48pm On Jul 27, 2010
@justwise Hi, hope you are doing well. I am submitting my application this week.

Please if you are on this forum and have submitted your application, could you kindly guide me on how to properly complete section 5.5 on the PBS Tier 4 General Student Self Assessment form? The question is below:

5.5 Have you been assessed by your sponsor by other means, for example by progress on a continuing course of study, as
part of a study abroad programme, by your sponsor’s internal test, a portfolio of artwork, or other means (state which)?
(Please do not submit this) Put a cross (X) in the relevant box.
No - Go to Question 5.6
Yes - Say how you have been assessed in the space below
then Go to Question 5.6

My CAS letter states that the evidence used to obtain my firm offer is my Bachelor's Degree. Do I fill it in this space or not?  I am a bit confused. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:23am On Jul 28, 2010
giggsy:

@justwise Hi, hope you are doing well. I am submitting my application this week.
Please if you are on this forum and have submitted your application, could you kindly guide me on how to properly complete section 5.5 on the PBS Tier 4 General Student Self Assessment form? The question is below:
5.5 Have you been assessed by your sponsor by other means, for example by progress on a continuing course of study, as
part of a study abroad programme, by your sponsor’s internal test, a portfolio of artwork, or other means (state which)?
(Please do not submit this) Put a cross (X) in the relevant box.No - Go to Question 5.6
Yes - Say how you have been assessed in the space belowthen Go to Question 5.6
My CAS letter states that the evidence used to obtain my firm offer is my Bachelor's Degree. Do I fill it in this space or not? I am a bit confused. Thanks.
No, don't, just submit the degree certificate u used in getting the admission, i mean, all the documents u used in getting the admission is what u need to submit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by teeewai(m): 8:28am On Jul 28, 2010
@JUSTWISE

need some advice in here, got adm with Birmingham city uni MSc and resumption date is Sept 13, my funds just got into my account today to the tune of N4m which is able to take care of the tuition fee (10350pds) and 6,000pds maintenance fee, so my 28 days start counting from now.

1 Can i use my NECO cert as part of the supporting documents, cos i actually got an uncoditional offer through the certificate

2. Do i leave the funds in Naira (in my savings account ) or convert it pounds in my Domicilairy account

3. Considering the days, 28 days in the bank, 15 working days visa processing, do you think i still have a better chance as the school resumes sept 13.

I'M PAYING THE 3000PDS DEPOSIT TODAY, NEED UR ADVICE PEEPS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:33am On Jul 28, 2010
strict:

Thanks justwise for your great advice,, i have gotten my cas but i want to be sure of this:
This is another option in the ukba website for student that dont have the money in their account
If a student is relying on money held by your parents(s) or legal guardian, you must show that you are related to your parent(s) or legal guardian. You must provide: * your birth certificate showing the names of your parent(s); or * your certificate of adoption showing names of both parent(s) or legal guardian; or* a court document naming your legal guardian.You must provide the original legal document or a notarised copy.You must also show that your parent(s) or legal guardian have given their permission for you to use this money. To do this, you must provide a letter from your parent(s) or legal guardian confirming:* your relationship with your parent(s) or legal guardian; and* their permission for you to use their funds to study in the UK.http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/evidence/money/#
this is what i am going for because,my sister's husband is willing to sponsor me and he has a company which he is willing to tender his company's account and write letter showing our relationship and permission for me to use a specific amount from his account also his lawyer is going to tender a court document showing that he his my[b] legal guardian[/b], I NEED ADVICE ON THIS,WILL THIS WORK AS THIS IS THE BEST FOR ME
Seriously i don't know how that will work, i think that legal guadian paper has to do with adoption prove? if ur inlaw suddenly come up with legal paper claiming to be ur legal guadian, don't u think that it will look dodgy? If that legal document is issued yrs ago then one can understand but doing it now may raise suspicion BUT that is my own view maybe others who know far better than i do will chip in here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:38am On Jul 28, 2010
teeewai:

@JUSTWISE
2. Do i leave the funds in Naira ([b]in my savings account
) or convert it pounds in my Domicilairy account
3. Considering the days, 28 days in the bank, 15 working days visa processing, do you think i still have a better chance as the school resumes sept 13.I'M PAYING THE 3000PDS DEPOSIT TODAY, NEED your ADVICE PEEPS[/b]
1= Use that very document u used in getting the admission.e.g NECO, only submit those documents u listed when applying for the course nothing else.
2= If u can, put it in Domicilairy account
3= The visa may not take 15days, in most cases it takes less BUT u can still write ur school and ask for 2wks extension. many schools here resumes 20th Sept, so u can still make it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 8:50am On Jul 28, 2010
giggsy:

Please if you are on this forum and have submitted your application, could you kindly guide me on how to properly complete section 5.5 on the PBS Tier 4 General Student Self Assessment form? The question is below:

(Please do not submit this) Put a cross (X) in the relevant box.
No - Go to Question 5.6
Yes - Say how you have been assessed in the space below
then Go to Question 5.6

My CAS letter states that the evidence used to obtain my firm offer is my Bachelor's Degree. Do I fill it in this space or not?  I am a bit confused. Thanks.

For the section 5.5, you can tick that box in line with the mode your school used to give you the unconditional offer. If a test was conducted for you, then you can tick in the box, and state what test. But if you were not interviewed, but granted admission only by submitting your documents, then I think you do not need to tick that box, or tick NO. Progress on a continuing course of study to me are for those who are currently running a program in their school here and are switching or transferring to a course or level over there (e.g a year 3 student here who wants to run a degree course over there, will normally be assessed by progress and fixed into like year 2 or so. Just my opinion though, I might be wrong.

If your CAS states the evidence as your Bachelor's Degree, then I think you should only submit that document and all other documents you used in getting the admission just as justwise has said.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:04am On Jul 28, 2010
tyolsgirl:

For the section 5.5, you can tick that box in line with the mode your school used to give you the unconditional offer. If a test was conducted for you, then you can tick in the box, and state what test. But if you were not interviewed, but granted admission only by submitting your documents, then I think you do not need to tick that box, or tick NO. Progress on a continuing course of study to me are for those who are currently running a program in their school here and are switching or transferring to a course or level over there (e.g a year 3 student here who wants to run a degree course over there, will normally be assessed by progress and fixed into like year 2 or so. Just my opinion though, I might be wrong.

If your CAS states the evidence as your Bachelor's Degree, then I think you should only submit that document and all other documents you used in getting the admission just as justwise has said.
No, you are not wrong, the explanation u gave is correct.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Ehido(m): 9:07am On Jul 28, 2010
tyolsgirl:

Now my question is will it be necessary to submit a transcript from your undergrad university, if the it was stated the the evidence used to access the academic ability was the undergraduate degree. and no other document was stated.

I just want to be sure about this.  Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by teeewai(m): 9:19am On Jul 28, 2010
justwise:

1= Use that very document u used in getting the admission.e.g NECO, only submit those documents u listed when applying for the course nothing else.
2= If u can, put it in Domicilairy account
3= The visa may not take 15days, in most cases it takes less BUT u can still write your school and ask for 2wks extension. many schools here resumes 20th Sept, so u can still make it.

@JWISE,

does the 28 days start counting all over again after transferring the funds from my savings to my dorm account?

i'm thinking of leaving the funds in my savings and face the risk of flunctuation in pounds rate when i want to pay the fees,

what is the best way of paying the deposit? is it through wired transfer which take time or raising a draft most popularly through GTB my bank? please gimme me info on how to effect the transfer in the fastest possible way as i want my CAS and tier 4 letter to get to me before my 28 dayss, thansk bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 9:41am On Jul 28, 2010
Ehido:

Now my question is will it be necessary to submit a transcript from your undergrad university, if the it was stated the the evidence used to access the academic ability was the undergraduate degree. and no other document was stated.

I just want to be sure about this.  Thanks.

If the evidence document is your undergraduate degree, then you should be able to use your transcript and your certificate if you have it. Mind you, if it is stated as Undergraduate degree certificate, then they will expect to see a certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 9:55am On Jul 28, 2010
teeewai:

@JWISE,

does the 28 days start counting all over again after transferring the funds from my savings to my dorm account?

i'm thinking of leaving the funds in my savings and face the risk of flunctuation in pounds rate when i want to pay the fees,

what is the best way of paying the deposit? is it through wired transfer which take time or raising a draft most popularly through GTB my bank? please gimme me info on how to effect the transfer in the fastest possible way as i want my CAS and tier 4 letter to get to me before my 28 dayss, thansk bro

I think the 28 days will start counting from the day you deposited the money into your account. I believe you can still leave the funds in your savings account if you feel there is not much time on your side, but if you still have enough time, you can put it in the dorm account. Even if there is fluctuation on exchange rates, I don't think it will be too much anyway.

For paying your deposit, it will depend on the various modes given to you by your school. Some schools accept visa cards, while some only accept wire transfer. If you do wire transfer to UK, it should normally take about 2 to 3 working days depending on the bank though. Raising a draft will mean that you will have to send it to UK either by Fedex or DHL I think, which will also take like 2 working days, So I believe you can weigh your options and choose the one best for you. CAS normally takes 5 working days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 9:57am On Jul 28, 2010
justwise:

No, you are not wrong, the explanation u gave is correct.

Thanks, smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Ehido(m): 10:13am On Jul 28, 2010
tyolsgirl:

If the evidence document is your undergraduate degree, then you should be able to use your transcript and your certificate if you have it. Mind you, if it is stated as Undergraduate degree certificate, then they will expect to see a certificate.

Thanks a lot for your answer, I have my certificate can I use just that? I just want to avoid the transcript wahala if possible. because it takes long to get any document from the university I attended and I have to start paying people up and down again.

I am planning to apply to the embassy with just my Certificate and maybe my university admission letter as evidence of my undergraduate degree, I want to know if this is advisable.

Thanks a lot for the free advice on this thread, they are all highly appreciated.

May God bless you(@ tyolsgirl) and @Justwise a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tyolsgirl: 11:50am On Jul 28, 2010
Ehido:

Thanks a lot for your answer, I have my certificate can I use just that? I just want to avoid the transcript wahala if possible. because it takes long to get any document from the university I attended and I have to start paying people up and down again.

I am planning to apply to the embassy with just my Certificate and maybe my university admission letter as evidence of my undergraduate degree, I want to know if this is advisable.

Thanks a lot for the free advice on this thread, they are all highly appreciated.

May God bless you(@ tyolsgirl) and @Justwise a lot.

Thanks.
If you have not gotten your CAS yet, you can indicate to the school that you will only be using your certificate, or submit your certificate only when applying for the admission, so that only the certificate can be listed on the CAS. Cos the key issue is for the transcript not to appear on your CAS as evidence of documents, else you might need to submit it.

Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by strict: 11:57am On Jul 28, 2010
PLEASE EVERYONE,I DONT HAVE THE MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT NOR MY MUMS BUT I HAVE SOME FAMILY MEMBERS WILLING TO HELP ME PROVIDE THEIR ACCOUNT BUT WE ARE NOT BEARING THE SAME NAME.WHAT CAN I DO.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by giggsy: 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2010
@justwise, @tyolsgirl thanks for your help. I will definitely keep everyone posted because I am submitting my application tomorrow. Thumbs up for all of us as we await our student visas.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by amune1: 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
@ justwise, please do you know if i can use an investment account,i mean a fixed deposit account owned by my father,as a backing for funds to apply for my Visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Ehido(m): 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2010
tyolsgirl:

Thanks.
If you have not gotten your CAS yet, you can indicate to the school that you will only be using your certificate, or submit your certificate only when applying for the admission, so that only the certificate can be listed on the CAS. Cos the key issue is for the transcript not to appear on your CAS as evidence of documents, else you might need to submit it.

Regards

No specific document was stated, they just stated that: "evidence used in accessing candidate is a bachelor degree in --------" that's all that was written on the CAS letter.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Ehido(m): 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2010
tyolsgirl:

Thanks.

Regards

No specific document was stated, they just stated that: "evidence used in accessing candidate is a bachelor degree in --------" that's all that was written on the CAS letter.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.