Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,115 members, 7,916,260 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 07:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (313945 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by umo77: 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2010
hi everyone, i'm a bit confused, must i send my transcript addressed to BHC? i've had mine for some time o. and no.2; on the student self-assessment form part 6 under maintenance , i quote:

item 6.8 You must have £600 per month to cover maintenance in the UK(up to a maximum of 9 months). what do i fill in that box? is it the £5400;
item 6.12 I haven't paid anything for accommodation except the £200; do i write yes or no since it's not shown in my CAS letter?

item 6.17 [b]do you have any fees and maintenance still due for payment?[/b]i said yes cos i have £12 outstanding for tuition; but what do i fill in for maintenance? i have more than £5400 in my account. do i put in £5400 or the money in my account?

please justwise, and all the visa gurus answer abeg, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gulag: 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2010
justwise:

I never heard of any refusal based on fixed deposit.

You can use your dady's account, get the sponsor's letter and attach your birth certificate to your visa application.

So that means it would not be a problem? I heard fixed deposits where not ideal that is why I am asking. Anyways I will apply and keep my fingers crossed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:37pm On Aug 12, 2010
umo77:
hi everyone, i'm a bit confused, must i send my transcript addressed to BHC? i've had mine for some time o. and no.2; on the student self-assessment form part 6 under maintenance , i quote:
item 6.8 You must have £600 per month to cover maintenance in the UK(up to a maximum of 9 months). what do i fill in that box? is it the £5400;item 6.12 I haven't paid anything for accommodation except the £200; do i write yes or no since it's not shown in my CAS letter?
item 6.17 [b]do you have any fees and maintenance still due for payment?[/b]i said yes cos i have £12 outstanding for tuition; but what do i fill in for maintenance? i have more than £5400 in my account. do i put in £5400 or the money in my account?
please justwise, and all the visa gurus answer abeg, thanks
[b]1=[/b]You only submit if u used it to obtain the admission, you can submit it even as its not addressed to the BHC.

2=Yes its the £5400 and put yes for accommodation(its considered as part of maintenace money)

3= write the £5400 even as u have more than that in ur account, that will be shown in ur bank statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by SAMMYTOPE: 2:44pm On Aug 12, 2010
@justwise pls i need ur help av paid for my school fees fully but i didnt pay anything for my accommondation.pls hope it wont affect my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by umo77: 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2010
winkthanks a lot justwise, your answer is going to be helpful but if i put in 'yes' that i've paid something for accommodation, i don't have any proof to show for it. isn't it better i just put no? the school is actually having a bit of a problem looking for my £200 deposit right now though they know it has been paid, please advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2010
SAMMYTOPE:

@justwise pls i need your help av paid for my school fees fully but i didnt pay anything for my accommondation.pls hope it wont affect my application.

No, not paying for accommodation will NOT affect ur visa outcome cos that £5400 is also part of accommodation fees. If you paid for accommodation, the amount u paid will be reduced from the £5400 cos accommodation fees is included in that £5400.

So as long as u have that £5400 in ur account, u don't need to worry about not paying for accommodation in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2010
umo77:

winkthanks a lot justwise, your answer is going to be helpful but if i put in 'yes' that i've paid something for accommodation, i don't have any proof to show for it. isn't it better i just put no? the school is actually having a bit of a problem looking for my £200 deposit right now though they know it has been paid, please advice

Ask the school for the reciept of that £200 u deposited for accommodation IF they can't give you then don't panic cos you still have more than £5400 in ur account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by umo77: 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2010
thanks justwise for the tip, but do i still say yes to the question of having paid something for accommodation? i don't have any proof on CAS nor the receipt.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2010
umo77:

thanks justwise for the tip, but do i still say yes to the question of having paid something for accommodation? i don't have any proof on CAS nor the receipt.

Is either u say yes and on the space provided for additional information u tell the BHC that u paid £200 deposit for accommodation but weren't given a receipt, they can verify that if they want, OR you say no.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by umo77: 5:36pm On Aug 12, 2010
justwise tell me the one u tink go work pass
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2010
umo77:

justwise tell me the one u tink go work pass

Which ever one u chose will still work, if u ticked no, u still have the required £5400 and if you ticked yes and add the additional information in the space provided, its still a win win situation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jade5268: 6:18pm On Aug 12, 2010
@justwise

pls i have an issue. my mother in law is sponsoring me( we have the same family name) she has provided her bank statements and letter from her bank mentioning me and has also given me the letter of her consent.

my issue is that in part of the form to show relationship what document do i submit.

i have put my husband's birth certificate and our marriage certificate, is this ok?

pls respond. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jade5268: 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2010
@justwise

pls i need your response ASAP. i want to submit tomor

thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2010
jade5268:

@justwise
pls i have an issue. my mother in law is sponsoring me( we have the same family name) she has provided her bank statements and letter from her bank mentioning me and has also given me the letter of her consent.
my issue is that in part of the form to show relationship what document do i submit.
i have put[b] my husband's birth certificate and our marriage certificate[/b], is this ok?
pls respond. thanks

Those two documents comes to mind while i was reading through ur question. Since you share the same family name.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2010
jade5268:

@justwise

i have put my husband's birth certificate and our marriage certificate, is this ok?

pls respond. thanks
. . . . have to also add that providing those highlighted documents was a good idea.
Finger crossed, all will be well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jade5268: 7:03pm On Aug 12, 2010
justwise:

Those two documents comes to mind while i was reading through your question. Since you share the same family name.

@ justwise
are you saying this documents are fine?. we share the same family name by virtue of me marrying her son

but what do i cross on that part of the application form. the only space for birth certificate is for the student, i cant cross this as the birth certificate is my husband's.there is no mention of marriage certificate.

i have decided to leave that portion blank and explain a bit more in the part of the form provided for additional information.

do you think this is a good idea?

thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2010
jade5268:

The additional information space is provided to take care of situation like urs where the main form did not specifically mentioned.

Add the additional info and attach those documents in ur visa application.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jade5268: 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2010
@ justwise
are you saying this documents are fine?. we share the same family name by virtue of me marrying her son

but what do i cross on that part of the application form. the only space for birth certificate is for the student, i cant cross this as the birth certificate is my husband's.there is no mention of marriage certificate.

i have decided to leave that portion blank and explain a bit more in the part of the form provided for additional information.

do you think this is a good idea?

thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jade5268: 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2010
@justwise

thank you. one last question, have you come across anyone who was in a similar situation? been sponsored by someone who was not their parent.
just want to be sure it is a good idea to fill that portion of the from blank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2010
jade5268:

@justwise

thank you. one last question, have you come across anyone who was in a similar situation? been sponsored by someone who was not their parent.
just want to be sure it is a good idea to fill that portion of the from blank

To be perfectly honest with u. . . no i haven't BUT ur case is not a strange one cos u share the same family name with ur sponsor and u have documents to proof it. So you don't really have much to worry about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by faisville(m): 8:46am On Aug 13, 2010
Good morning All!
I have a problem.I applied for admission in June and the unconditional offer came out in late july.the program i applied for is suppose to start in the 1st week of september. i was advise to make payment of £3000 before they can send me my CAS letter.

i am suppose to pay the money today so that I can wait for my CAS letter for visa application.but the problem is that i cannot be able meet up with the 28 day rule,as relates to bank statement (just got the money today) since i am suppose to be in school by 1st week of september! and besides someone advised that it is already late, now do i stil go ahead and pay the £3000 and tell the school to push my admission to january? I am sooo confused right now.please visa gurus help!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 8:53am On Aug 13, 2010
faisville:

Good morning All!
I have a problem.I applied for admission in June and the unconditional offer came out in late july.the program i applied for is suppose to start in the 1st week of september. i was advise to make payment of £3000 before they can send me my CAS letter.
i am suppose to pay the money today so that I can wait for my CAS letter for visa application.but the problem is that i cannot be able meet up with the 28 day rule,as relates to bank statement (just got the money today) since i am suppose to be in school by 1st week of september! and besides someone advised that it is already late, now do i stil go ahead and pay the £3000 and tell the school to push my admission to january? I am sooo confused right now.please visa gurus help!!
The highlighted part worries me, how can the school give you unconditional off AND asked you to pay £3000 b4 they can send the CAS?
Unconditional offer means no condition at all.

Please which school is that? If u don't mind me asking.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by faisville(m): 9:13am On Aug 13, 2010
Yeah, my mum said something like that, Edinburgh Napier University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:28am On Aug 13, 2010
faisville:

Yeah, my mum said something like that, Edinburgh Napier University

Meeting up is going to be tight, u can only ask the school for 2wks extention after paying the £3000. Or wait for Jan admission but u have to discuse this with the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by faisville(m): 9:37am On Aug 13, 2010
thanks man! so should i discuss with the school before or after paying the £3000? cos i planned on making the payment today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:46am On Aug 13, 2010
faisville:

thanks man! so should i discuss with the school before or after paying the £3000? cos i planned on making the payment today

If i were you, i will hold on till Jan but use the time to search for a better school with a clearer admission policy.

Are u going for postgraduate course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by faisville(m): 9:50am On Aug 13, 2010
yea, Msc. safety & Environmental management
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by persist: 9:55am On Aug 13, 2010
Please I submitted my application last week and i was told to check back after 5 working days. Would I get a text message if it is ready or will I have to go there to check if it has been done since I was told 5 working days. I submitted last week Thursday. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:59am On Aug 13, 2010
persist:

Please I submitted my application last week and i was told to check back after 5 working days. Would I get a text message if it is ready or will I have to go there to check if it has been done since I was told 5 working days. I submitted last week Thursday. Thanks

Email or call them to find out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:05am On Aug 13, 2010
faisville:

yea, Msc. safety & Environmental management

I have seen it in their website, they made it clear that every international student have to pay £3000 deposit b4 CAS will be issued.

So have a chat with them about 2wks extention or Jan admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nat138: 10:52am On Aug 13, 2010
@FAISVILLE

My advice to you will be that you should just take things easy and discuss with the school about starting in January that is if they have a january start date for that course, this is because even if the school gives you a two week extension, the chances to meet up will be quite slim since you are just going to even deposit the money (your funds) today which you have to wait to 28 days before you apply for a visa and the visa can take up to two weeks to be ready, though in some cases it may be less. So just explore other possibilities. And also you may want to consider other schools as Justwise suggested in the meantime except you have made up your mind about Edinburgh Napier University.

Cheers!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2010
@Justwise and the house pls advice on this: my friend have an act with microfinance bank and his step-father would be sponsoring him he had already deposited 2.8m into ds act. Does he need to present his step dad bank statement with his own to show d evidence of where d mny came from.
Also, what r the document dt he must include to show where the money came from.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.