Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,350 members, 7,888,119 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:50 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (313293 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2010
segbas:

Guys,they did nt give me,they said they did nt sure I hold dt amt of fund in my act. I think those ppl r tired they needed rest. They did nt bother to cal d bank I think.
I wil defer my admision first and think of wht 2 do next.
I strongly belif dt GOD has a purpose 4 dis to hapen. HE works in ways we cant undastand.
So, I wil implore u guys nt 2 leave ds forum at all. Thanks everybody and God bless u all.
Justwise,Scobyboy, Umo,everybody on this thread u r wonderful.

You need to be strong, first and foremost try to understand the reason why you were refused, then settledown and work on convincing the ECO that you are qualified to be issued a visa, this you will do by convincing him with your supporting documents and personal statement. I would like people here to always make use of the space provided for additional information.
Anyway I wish you the very best in your reapplication

Be strong brother, it is well with you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2010
Femtopsy:

You need to be strong, first and foremost try to understand the reason why you were refused, then settledown and work on convincing the ECO that you are qualified to be issued a visa, this you will do by convincing him with your supporting documents and personal statement. I would like people here to always make use of the space provided for additional information.
Anyway I wish you the very best in your reapplication

Be strong brother, it is well with you
Thanks my brother, I am going to be VICTORIOUS like u in Jesus name. When are u traveling?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2010
@segbas, femtopsy is alrdy in LONDON. confirmed!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by chancec: 11:45pm On Sep 18, 2010
Hi guys, i have a quick question for the UK tier 4 general student visa. for the bank statement, it says on the guidelines that the date of the statement must be no more than one month before application. the date on my bank statement is 07/09/2010 and im hoping to apply tmr 19/09/2010. is this okay? or does the bank statement need to be dated/printed within ONE WEEK of application? Thank you for your help!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Femtopsy: 6:47am On Sep 19, 2010
chancec:

Hi guys, i have a quick question for the UK tier 4 general student visa. for the bank statement, it says on the guidelines that the date of the statement must be no more than one month before application. the date on my bank statement is 07/09/2010 and im hoping to apply tmr 19/09/2010. is this okay? or does the bank statement need to be dated/printed within ONE WEEK of application? Thank you for your help!!!

You are okay to apply with the bank statement I have always stressed on this forum that the most important part of the application is your supporting documents, please go through the statement and make sure there is a closing balance that will proof that you have actually held the maintainance funds for atleast 28 days, also know that if you are using a naira account do try to print the oanda exchange rate for the date you are submitting your application, you can print this from oanda.com. I wish you a successful visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dayo1401: 10:37am On Sep 19, 2010
Femtopsy is right, from what I know the closing balance date of that account should be no more than a month, obviously it isn't more than a month, u re good to go
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 19, 2010
@Dayo1401,

Have they gotten back to you yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dayo1401: 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2010
@ uhonmora, not yet.it should be fiften working days for me on thursday becos of the holiday
My brother, I can think straight, all I need is prayer cos I ve done my part. No matter how perfect ur application is, u still think and think about it.

Wish everybdy on the waiting list, like my self.success this week oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 7:54pm On Sep 19, 2010
dayo1401:

@ uhonmora, not yet.it should be fiften working days for me on thursday becos of the holiday
My brother, I can think straight, all I need is prayer cos I ve done my part. No matter how perfect your application is, u still think and think about it.

Wish everybdy on the waiting list, like my self.success this week oo
AMEN OOOOOOO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dannyboy80: 8:24pm On Sep 19, 2010
Amen ooo, I pray for sucesss and positive answers for each an everyone us in Jesus Name. Amen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by humblemoi: 9:13pm On Sep 19, 2010
Please for applications yet to apply, with particular reference to those applying on the 27th onwards, please kindly refer to the new tier 4 application forms as they would take effect from 27th. Here is a link you can all refer to,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/tier4generalapplication

moreso, application fees are set to increase from the 1st of October 2010. More info can also been linked from the web above.
For those of us who have applied using the old form, according to the information on the web, it is still acceptable till 27th i read. The new form came out on the 6th September 2010.

Please find out more for yourselves, and please correct me if a, wrong.

Thanks

My contribution.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by muami(m): 10:06pm On Sep 19, 2010
@humblemoi.
Yes, fees would be increased from 1st October 2010.However, the Tier 4 application form remains the same for those applying from outside the UK ( including Nigeria). The new form, which was introduced on 6th September is for in-country applications, .i.e for applications made within the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 20, 2010
@dayo1401 and others:

I wish you all success and hope that you get your visas in time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2010
Congratulations to all those who have gotten their visas. Please i'll like to find out if its mandatory for everyone to do medical tests, vaccinations and xrays before travelling. Someone just told me that i wont be allowed to travel if i don't have the results of all these tests with me. I was shocked because i felt that something as important as medical tests should have been officially communicated to all student visa recipients by now, unless i wasn't careful enough when going through the application guides, or i have not been keeping an ear to the ground. It'll be appreciated if those who have already traveled give information on this please. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by jtx3001: 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2010
JIKAJIKA-jst read ur msg, and hav 2 say it all depends! Jst arrivd d UK ystday, and wasnt evn askd a tin oda dan my passport and admission leta from my skool! Flew in2 Aberdeen straight tho, bt cant say 4 oda stops, as i learnt that if u stop ova in london heathrow u MIGHT b askd sumtimes, so i ges it depends on location actualy. Nywaz, do get des info on ground, as its beta 2 b safe dan sori.

As 4 any1 cumin ova 2 d uk at dis time,jst get urslf a THICK DUVET wen cumin, SEE AS MY HANDS COLD AS I DEY TYPE-CHAI;DIS WEATHER COLD! HARMATTAN 4 Naija stil dey learn O,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2010
@jtx3001, lol, Join you soon, this week!!! sori oooo na combo dressing I go wear b that oooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by muami(m): 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2010
@jikajika.
It is not mandatory neither is it a requirement to do medical tests. The only thing that you are advised to do is XRay as this is required for all persons intending to stay in the UK for more than 6 months ( which obviously include students). Consequently, you MAY be asked for your Xray report, all depends on the immigration officer you meet.However, where you are asked and you dont have one, all they would do is to refer you to somewhere within the immigration clearance point where you would do the xray and they would forward the report to the address on your landing card.I hope this helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 20, 2010
Thanks [b]MUAMI [/b]and [b]jtx3001 [/b]for your responses. Since the x-ray can be done on arrival if required, i won't bother doing it here. Unless the x-rays they do these days have reduced in size, moving around in the airport with a very large envelope in one's hands is kind of awkward.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by umo77: 11:13pm On Sep 20, 2010
@jtx3001, na wa o, e no easy sha, abeg which flight you use wey carry u go aberdeen direct?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:19am On Sep 21, 2010
jikajika:

Thanks [b]MUAMI [/b]and [b]jtx3001 [/b]for your responses. Since the x-ray can be done on arrival if required, i won't bother doing it here. Unless the x-rays they do these days have reduced in size, moving around in the airport with a very large envelope in one's hands is kind of awkward.

Don't worry about the x-ray thing, if they need one from you it will be done on arrival there at the airport and the result will be posted to the address you provided.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by adeniyi7: 10:45am On Sep 21, 2010
I would like to know if I can still travel with the error that occurred on my visa page, female gender was indicated on the visa page instead of male.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Ehido(m): 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2010
Hello All,

I just collected my Student visa now, please praise God for me oooooo Everybody.

I cannot thank God enough this is just at work.

I know God that took this to this stage will surely do it for thise that are beleiving him.

I submitted on 03-09-2010 and collected today, I went through BCIE and they didnt charge me a dime but did a very good job.

My advice is to always seek for advice from expert people like those on this thread and an agent that is recognised by BCIE for everybody that cares to know BCIE is free and they very thorough in their scrutiny AND ABOVE ALL PRAY HARD FOR GOD'S FAVOUR.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 2:13pm On Sep 21, 2010
Ehido:

Hello All,

I just collected my Student visa now, please praise God for me oooooo Everybody.

I know God that took this to this stage will surely do it for thise that are beleiving him.

I submitted on 03-09-2010 and collected today, I went through BCIE and they didnt charge me a dime but did a very good job.

My advice is to always seek for advice from expert people like those on this thread and an agent that is recognised by BCIE for everybody that cares to know BCIE is free and they very thorough in their scrutiny AND ABOVE ALL PRAY HARD FOR GOD'S FAVOUR.

Congratulations, I just want to know if BCIE gave you a cover letter for free too, because PFL can only check ur docs n assist u for free but will not give a cover letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by muami(m): 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2010
I would like to know if I can still travel with the error that occurred on my visa page, female gender was indicated on the visa page instead of male.

THIS SHOULD BE OF HELP TO YOUR ENQUIRY

“Step 8. Collect the decision on your visa
, If you are issued a visa, please check it. You should make sure that:

• your personal details are correct
• it correctly states the purpose for which you want to come to the UK, and
• it is valid for the date on which you want to travel. (You can ask for it to be post-dated for up to three months if you do not plan to travel immediately).

If you think there is anything wrong with your visa, please contact the visa application centre immediately.
Source: http://www.ukvac-ng.com/applying.aspx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Ehido(m): 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2010
scobyy2007:

Congratulations, I just want to know if BCIE gave you a cover letter for free too, because PFL can only check your docs n assist u for free but will not give a cover letter.

They gave me the cover letter absolutely free and that is how they did it for others.

And at this juncture I can not but say a very big and heart felt THANK YOU to Justwise, if only every nigerian was his brother's keeper just as you have been to all of us our country would have been paradise on earth.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dayo1401: 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2010
@ ehido, congrats oo
wish u d vry best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Jaylone(m): 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2010
@ehido

Congrats and I wish you all the best. Have a pleasant study
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by scobyy2007: 5:28pm On Sep 21, 2010
Thank God, My Brov just got his Entry Clearance now now, 3:30 txt came n I drove to VFS 15min. wow he was the last man standing today, lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by muami(m): 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2010
Thank God, My Brov just got his Entry Clearance now now, 3:30 txt came n I drove to VFS 15min. wow he was the last man standing today, lol

Congrats on your brother's Entry Clearance. That was fast cos if I remember clearly he submitted on the 6th of September. Did he use an agent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by segbas(m): 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2010
scobyy2007:

Ehido:

Hello All,

CONGRATULATION TO YOU GUYZ. I WISH YOU BEST OF LUCK IN STUDIED.
I WILL ALSO JOIN YOU GUYS IN THE UK LATER IN THE YEAR.
PLAN UR TRIP EARLY. SAFE TRIP.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2010
Ehido:

They gave me the cover letter absolutely free and that is how they did it for others.

And at this juncture I can not but say a very big and heart felt THANK YOU to Justwise, if only every nigerian was his brother's keeper just as you have been to all of us our country would have been paradise on earth.

A big congrat. from me, i'm very happy for you and i wish you the very best as u prepare to embark on this interesting journey of your life.

All the best man!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:17pm On Sep 21, 2010
scobyy2007:

Congrat[b] scobyy2007[/b], thats a gr8 news.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.