Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,469 members, 7,947,881 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 10:17 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (254849 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by odilibe(m): 7:16am On Oct 17, 2009
@ george , the white plastiic that covered the fuji lnb reduce its signal by 5% have u noticed it , i removed it i gained 5% signal quality , i think fuji is not the best lnb it did not give me a good signal on my 2.4m strong pan dish, i also cut the fuji lnb but there was no difference , lnbs such as pbl ku lnb is better than fuji ,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 8:53am On Oct 17, 2009
@borderline tp for itv 12682h 26657
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:04am On Oct 17, 2009
@ All,
Nearly got my g+ card locked due to a bird nest found on my LNB. My system didn't work for two days while in the jungle. I am suggesting that we do a routine check on our installations to ensure their integrity.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by bisi12004: 10:36am On Oct 17, 2009
These are d new tp 11103 H 3796 (go africa),12566 H 6498(hi nolly ) note:go africa is not showing green now,u can check it back around 2pm but the tp is working.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 11:25am On Oct 17, 2009
@bisi12004 thanks 4dat.@ all is the 2stations tp for w3a. Go africa and hi nolly.Pls confirm.thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:26am On Oct 17, 2009
@odilibe,
Maybe you've not read some of my earlier posts. Fuji lnb though very good, has been found to be very selective in the type of dish it works best for. From my experience-and I think pitodenz and BUTONEDAY can confirm this too, fuji works best for fibre dishes but performs poorly when used on MOST pan dishes.
As for the plastic cover reducing signal by 5%, I'd rather disagree with you because in my last fuji installation for my 3m dish, I first tracked with the cover removed (as usual) and I replaced the cover again and re-tracked same signal to see if there is any significant drop in signal and to my surprise, I found out it made no difference whether the plastic cap was in place or not. At the end I decided to keep the cap in place.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:31am On Oct 17, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
I agree with you 100%! Remember that my fuji lnb I told you about that was cutting signal to MBC? When I brought it down to check, I discovered a spider blocking the throat of the lnb! Since I have observed now that keeping the plastic cap in place for fuji makes no diffrence on the signal reception, I have decided to leave the throat covered to avoid similar occurence in the future.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 11:40am On Oct 17, 2009
@ George_D

Oga George, i got my SRT 4663X (PVR) receiver yesterday. I was confused wen i got to Oshiodi yesterday they showed different ones.

At the end of the day i got the one they wrote strong on the card door.

Is that type okay.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:42am On Oct 17, 2009
@jayron,
Yes, it should be ok. Also make sure it has the 'made in china' label at the back. The fake ones don't have it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2009
@all, i tried d new tp it worked, though as it has been go-africa will come up by 2pm. But i got hi-nolly&nigezie both scramble.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2009

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ejilepa: 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2009
pls i need nilesat frequncy cos i used the lyngsat freq iand i didn't hit green. pls someone bail me out
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2009
@all
update us on any liveshow thruout d day, peace
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2009
@George_D & Microgiant,
Thanks for those links. I need some time to study the info.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 12:51pm On Oct 17, 2009
hi guyz, i want to track w3a, with my 80cm dish, but the problem am having right now is that i dont have a strong decoder to do the scanning, and the guy that i used to borrow it from starting charging me for money, my question is this, i have a HITV decoder in my office i dont know if i can use it for the tracking?

please i need an answer, thanks all
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2009
@twinskenny,
You can use the HITV decoder for tracking but it will not be as sharp as using a STRONG decoder. I gave directions on how to go about this in season 3. I will however advise you to try and get a strong decoder for yourself-even if it is a fairly used one. I'm sure you can get one for between 4K and 5K at Alaba.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2009
@all any live matches on w3a and sirus 4? Pls help out.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 1:12pm On Oct 17, 2009
@george, pls help to confirm which bird these stations are on. Future tv,board tv,equinox tv. Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 1:18pm On Oct 17, 2009
Thanks sir  george for the quick response, i will try out d hitv decoder first then anytime i hit alaba i will look for a fairly use strong, thanks once more
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2009
does anyone know if DAARSAT is still free?? and till when?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by okenze2003(m): 2:48pm On Oct 17, 2009
@ Twinskenny and All: Daarsat is still free.I watched it yesterday
  Pls, which tp can i use to track W3a and Sirus 4 and which is more easier to track.
Pls u can help by sending the tp to okeyjames2003@yahoo.co.uk
thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by mickyhans(m): 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2009
Hi All, Man Utd Vrs Blton Live on 2M. Enjoy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by dullhajj: 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2009
good day guys, can any body pls give me daar sat tp
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2009
@ Dullaji, u just registered and the first thing is for you to request for TP, nawaoo for all this our newbie,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by dullhajj: 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2009
sorry bros, if I'm rude but I'm not a new webbie or what ever u call me
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2009
@mickeyhans thanks for the info.but the new tps given on nolly my is not hitting green
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by toxnaija: 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2009
all.
I could see the house is beginning to bubble back with the discovery of predator and microbox.can we know the details of its operation and cost.how long are we sure they will leave it unattacked.i miss you all here.

oga badaru,
thanks for everything.i hope they wont kill you with phone calls over your discovery.what will happen to g+ cards that refused to open?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by arabambi: 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2009
@mickyhans
pls on wich sat is d 2M? and d tp. just didnt grap d station. thankz
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by arabambi: 4:44pm On Oct 17, 2009
@ Gorge_D
pls on wich sat is d 2M? and d tp. just didnt grap d station. thankz
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 5:28pm On Oct 17, 2009
@all i have gotten the nolly tv on w3a but scrambled
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinskenny(m): 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2009
@paps1 how many station did u get on w3a?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2009
@twinskenny they are only two hi nolly and nigezie.i think they are all hitv channels but are encrypted

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.