Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:52 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (251146 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 16, 2009
@ my ogas dem, butoneday and folo, thanks so much for your lengthy call time, appreciates it so much. Merci
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:00am On Oct 16, 2009
@microgiant,
Thanks for the input. Indeed a QUATTRO lnb must be used with a multi-switch while a QUAD lnb does not as it has all four outputs independently. So, what obijack needs is a QUAD KU LNB. I think DIGISAT 0.2db quad will work well for him.

@obijack,
Please take note of the above.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 9:13am On Oct 16, 2009
@Butoneday

Please call Pito ASAP, he needs to communicate with you urgently.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 9:27am On Oct 16, 2009
@ All

Thank u all for the raw informations.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jayron(m): 9:29am On Oct 16, 2009
@ George_D

pls could u tell me reasons, why some people cut LNB used for fibre dish and is it only for fibre alone.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:59am On Oct 16, 2009
@jayron,
Cutting of lnbs is done to boost signal for out-of-footprint birds. However, not all lnbs can be cut and also, not all cut lnbs will give you the boost that you want. Therefore, you need to take special care so that the cut lnb does not end up being useless to you. Personally I made a mistake of cutting my fuji lnb and now i realise that the cut fuji lnb actually performs poorly compared to the uncut one. The reason being that all fuji lnbs are already cut by the manufacturer direct from the factory and any other cutting by the installer will only reduce their signal.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 10:05am On Oct 16, 2009
@george_d, could u pls send me ur mobile numbr. Mine is 08035859896. Thanks.@olofofo i'm nt seeing or feeling any excitement,everywhr is just dull. May be u could be of help to lift my spirit.10x
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:08am On Oct 16, 2009
@alancruise,
My phone number is on my profile but you cannot reach me now. But now I have your number, I'll call you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 10:48am On Oct 16, 2009
@Butoneday

Thanks for the call.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by dGuvnor: 10:49am On Oct 16, 2009
hi all,
i must commend you guys for this great job,
you have succeeded in converting me to an FTA hobbyist.
thanx a mille.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:13am On Oct 16, 2009
@all,
Ever noticed how DSTV is always trying to play catch up with MBC? Last week I couldn't help marvelling at how series such as 'lost', 'terminator-the sarah cornor chronicles', '24', etc which dstv makes so much noise about is showing freely on MBC ACTION. Also, check out MBC MAX for movies aimed at the youngsters. MBC 4 for soaps and sitcoms like 'Oprah'. MBC 2 for mature movies. And, MBC 3 for kiddies toons! Funny enough, it's been my experiance that the same movies shown on MBC 2 are shown on movie majic 1 & 2 sometimes the following week! So, tell me, who still needs DSTV when you can hook up to Badr or Nilesat and get all the movies you need? smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 11:30am On Oct 16, 2009
@ All, Thanks for saving me from the hands of this pay thieves(HITV, DSTV, , ) cheesy
Finally Nailed W3A, but my signal strength is 45- 48, any help on aw to boost dis.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Adeexy: 12:37pm On Oct 16, 2009
@jayron

thats how its done in the north (Bida, Niger State precisely) they always cut the mouth of the ku lnb they say it boosts signal reception) But Its not same here. I hope dis helps
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2009
@all
Try this if u can and feedback.
If u are using Fuji 0.3db lnb, try replace it with a Supermax 0.5db and see.
In my case I gota signal boost of about 20% on 1.8m prime focus pan dish.
Though I removed the Supermax lnb cover without cutting it, may be my fuji has dropped sensitivity
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2009
@twinstaiye
better late than never, HAPPY BIRTHDAY
@ george d
good day sir, please how do i renovate a rusted pan dish will painting it do, thanks alot
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by osef(m): 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2009
@ all
could my dish that was able to get all the mbc the siruis 4 and the rest be so bad not to get nile, what really could be wrong can it be the fuji lnb.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by segunfms(m): 3:17pm On Oct 16, 2009
@all
Welcome to season 4, anybody on w3a try and do blind-scan and you will get the new stations and the new tp for Go-Africa.
@osef
What is the size of the dish that you want to use for nilesat?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2009
@segunfms, what are the tps for the stations. I have got the go africa one.there is audio but no video from moto GP on w3a
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2009
@ All, Pls Aw Do I Do The Blindscan?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by BUTONEDAY(m): 5:59pm On Oct 16, 2009
osef:

@ george d
good day sir, please how do i renovate a rusted pan dish will painting it do, thanks alot

@ Osef,
Refurbishing of your pan dish by hand painting is in order. Be careful so that you do not damage the dish. Better do the painting while it is still hanging on the pole.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by litaninja(m): 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2009
@ Phizz: Post your location, dish size and receiver. This will help peeps giving you suggestions for your problem. DONT ASK HOW TO DO BLINDSCAN AGAIN O!!! people go vex, shocked
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 6:39pm On Oct 16, 2009
@Segunfms, i tried d blindscan as u said earlier,but could not get any new tp/stations,even d go-africa i av is cracking and flunctuatin 4rm 45%-22%. I got some audio sound 4rm motogp yesterdy for about 2mins. That's was all. My base station is Ibadan, 1mtr dish, Srt 4653x. Pls help out.@all any new thing going on sirus 4. New Tp/stations? I'm gettin bored on dis bird! Pls Help me out
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 6:42pm On Oct 16, 2009
@Segunfms, i tried d blindscan as u said earlier,but could not get any new tp/stations,even d go-africa i av is cracking and flunctuatin 4rm 45%-22%. I got some audio sound 4rm motogp yesterdy for about 2mins. That's was all. My base station is Ibadan, 1mtr dish, Srt 4653x. Pls help out.@all any new thing going on sirus 4. New Tp/stations? I'm gettin bored on dis bird! Pls Help me out
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 6:51pm On Oct 16, 2009
@osef
u av 2 understand is that nilesat,hotbird,badr4 ar all out-of-footprint birds.so we need bigger dish in d form of 2m &above 2 track them in nigeria especially for those outside northern nigeria.As for the birds u av trackd,their beam towards nigeria is fair enough &dat is why u could av pickd them wit 60cm above dish and 4 ur information,the 2 mbc's u get on EW3A is just a tip of d iceberg,other super MBC ar on nilesat.If u want them,get a bigger dish!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:59pm On Oct 16, 2009
@osef,
I guess BUTONEDAY has answered your queries adequately. In addittion make sure you use a high quality oil paint like meyer paint. Preferably make it white.

@alancruise,
Tried to call you but you're not picking your calls.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:04pm On Oct 16, 2009
@Adeexy,
Don't get things mixed up. Not all lnbs need to be cut before they can boost signal. Fuji is one such lnbs. For confirmation, since you're talking of Bida, Niger State kindly go round and check if any of those cut lnbs are fuji.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by alancruise(m): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2009
@george_d pls am sorry 4nt picking up. I was nt wit my phone then. I'll be xpectin ur call soonnest@all my go-africa on w3a is not showing,just cracking. Pls help out. May be i could get a new tp dat will work better for it.10x
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by phizz: 8:53pm On Oct 16, 2009
@ all, make una no vex, i dey prostrate.
I stay @ ogba, am using a 90cm dish, strong4652
My w3a channels r crackn,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatiler(m): 10:49pm On Oct 16, 2009
@all, lets celebrate with our neighboring country, for their success in Egypt, by winning under 20 world cup.
Ghanians congratulation. Africans congratulation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Paps1: 11:28pm On Oct 16, 2009
@all rescan intelsat 7/10.u will get itv.we accept ur congrat for the black satellites of Ghana making african proud.i just hope it can be repeated in south africa
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Adeexy: 1:24am On Oct 17, 2009
@ George D I guess u misunderstood my post, dats not what I meant
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 6:51am On Oct 17, 2009
@paps1
@segunfms
@spaceman
@all
Members shud pls endeavour 2 always drop d tp of any new channel popped-out thru blindscan as long has it doesn't breach d forum rules.Needless 2 say dat not all decoder has dat feature.SPACEMAN dropd an EW3A tandberg service tp but up til now it isn't work.so if anyone has gotten dat,pls drop it.Also,i realisd my GO AFRICA (EW3A)wasn't showin again(despite 58%green) but SEGUNFMS did say sth about a new tp &other channel.pls drop this as well.Lastly,PAPS1,which of the frequency is itv on? or is it a new tp,pls post as well.WISHING U ALL A FRUITFUL DAY

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.