Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,318 members, 7,907,773 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:09 PM

Nigerian Married Men And Adultery - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Married Men And Adultery (18726 Views)

VIDEO:How A Nigerian Married Man Runs After Women / 22 Year Old Nigerian Married A 68 Year Old German Lady / Now I Have Seen The Reason Some Married Men Cheat On Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by na2day2(m): 8:30am On Oct 07, 2009
Agnesqueen:

I just had to post this because i've had enough. Im 22 years old and have been bombarded by Nigerian men who are married. The worst so far happened at a Nigerian Independence Day party out here in L.A. where i was stalked by this married man. This is not the first time that this has happened to me and a lot of my friends go through this as well. Recently a friend was called all night by a man that was doing business with her company. She had to call her phone company to change her phone number because he left threatening messages saying that he will come after her if she doesnt mess with him. 
Back to my case, this man told me that he and his wife was at the parade earlier and he had seen me and he was so excited to see me again. I told him i dont date married men or men with girlfriends and he told me it wouldnt be a problem he can hide it from his wife well. The thing is that he wasnt the first guy that is married to hit on me that day. I've been through the same thing at other nigerian parties.
Why is it that Nigerian men are so unfaithful, im so mad that i dont even want to marry one because im scared i will be in the place of the wives on day. I dont dress provocatively, im more on the conservative side but like a normal 22 year college student would dress. I hate to say it but i think people accept this behavior in our community because its so common.

UPDATE:
Ok i think i should have made this more clear in the topic at first. I dont date Black guys(African American and West Indies) because they are for the most part cheating or players or psychos and the few that are good are already taken. Now the reason i chose Nigerian men is because in the States Nigerians put themselves on a pedestole compared to akatas (Whites and African Americans). We think that we are well behaved and can do no wrong. They say oh we dont have as much divorce but then at all these places they are hitting on young girls to mess with on their wives. I dont mind being approached by Nigerian guys around my age or at least single but married one? come on? A lot of these guys got young kids and a beautiful wife at home. Im sure that those guys would leave their wives if they find out that they were messing with younger guys or any other guy for that matter. Why cant we do better?

so only nigerian married men hit on u?   u neva talk true oo!
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by erico2k2(m): 9:03am On Oct 07, 2009
@Poster
No disrespect,I think your Post is absolute rubish, cos you are a Nigerian what do you expect from a country where Men are allowed to have as many wives as he pleases eh? besde generalizing people aint a goodway to put your point accros or start a convo with other in other to hear thier views every race has the tendencies to cheat even BILL CLINTON cheated so what are you trying to say here,we have more than plenty of decentNigerian guys in the Us and the Uk and all over the world who are dedicated to thier wive and girlfriends, btw, let me ask you a question, did you not have a boyfriend B4 you left for the states?what happened to him?see girl, I sugest you do the loking and search ursef a nice guy dont leave the looking for the guys alone, thats pure 9ja mentality which stinks.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 07, 2009
Rosabelle:

And this is what Im talkign about. Women who blatantly allow their men to cheat because :'they will get tired'. If we dont demand more, we wont get more. And if your partner doesnt respect you enough to be faithful and reserve himself for you only, WHAT madame, is the obvious advantage of marriage. WHAT??
Because a person who isnt faithful is a steady liar. We all lie in one form or other, Im no hypocrite, but a man who cant discipline himself enough to understand marriage isnt kindergarten isnt worth it.
Again it all comes down to the question of how much you think of yourself. I dont care how lonely I may get, Im worth wayyyy too much to be with a man who cheats on me.

My advice to U:remain single

cos there is hardly a man alive who NEVER or will NEVER cheat on his wife at some point in time.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 07, 2009
MrPrsdent:

cos there is hardly a man alive who NEVER or will NEVER cheat on his wife at some point in time.

I wont hear you guys say that anymore if the offence was punishable by death! And I think it should be undecided
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Rosabelle(f): 9:24am On Oct 07, 2009
MrPrsdent:

LOL. You cant advice me mr man, cos you dont have any morals. And your not having morals doesnt mean all men are like that. So I definitely wont be living my life by any book you write. Sorry, but I know many men with more selfworth and esteem than you. I know many men who's lives and time are worth way more than a roll in the hay with every available slut.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 07, 2009
Rosabelle:

LOL. You cant advice me mr man, cos you dont have any morals. And your not having morals doesnt mean all men are like that. So I definitely wont be living my life by any book you write. Sorry, but I know many men with more selfworth and esteem than you. [b]I know many men who's lives and time are worth way more [/b]than a roll in the hay with every available slut.

dream on and while you are at it,tell us 1 of them
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by erico2k2(m): 9:40am On Oct 07, 2009
Nah wah
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by mrsb(f): 10:02am On Oct 07, 2009
I used to be quite judgemental and self righteous about all the bullsheet I witness in Nigeria and put it down to a cultural clash - and I also believe that some wives here enable it (as long as they still get the dough they turn their face the other way) but then I looked at my own family, friends and peers in the UK (white) and I realised that it is sadly a global phenomena - we are human beings, we are flawed and we are ALWAYS gonna think the grass is greener until we lose (or almost lose) our own beautiful pasture.

None of us is perfect and yes, marriage is really really hard but when you can get it right - including being faithful - it is worth it.

In Nigeria I do think there is a huge emphasis on the wife trying to keep her man but you know what - you can look after yourself physically, keep a clean home, pop out the babies, have crazy sex every night, be close friends with your husband etc etc and he could still cheat on you - it won't mean shit to him but he is still prone to doing it. Maybe its about diversity, maybe its about ego - maybe its just because they can.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by okeey(m): 10:07am On Oct 07, 2009
na wha ohhhhhhhhh
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by iykedare(m): 10:18am On Oct 07, 2009
@Annsqueen,

pls u dont need to generalise.in naija,not all naija guys are unfaithful,its a trait common with yorubas especially.get ur facts right
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 07, 2009
iykedare:

@Annsqueen,

pls u dont need to generalise.in naija,not all naija guys are unfaithful,its a trait common with yorubas especially.get your facts right

please NO.dont derail this thread with your hate-speech.

biko grin
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 07, 2009
iykedare:

@Annsqueen,

pls u dont need to generalise.in naija,not all naija guys are unfaithful,its a trait common with yorubas especially.get your facts right

Wrong, every tribe cheats.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by agabaI23(m): 10:25am On Oct 07, 2009
Mrsb thank you for your post.

Tell her it is not a Nigerian thing. I do not support it in anyway but this tendency of saying, Nigeria men this Nigerian men that is not it at all. These girls get to know about Nigerian men because 90% of the time they are with Nigerians. They then tend to make one sided judgement. Talk about men and I will say here you come let's discurse infifelity among men.

Who told you that Bill gate will come after if you fit his bill?
DWIGHT says he often had to chat up stunning women for OTHER married footballers eager to stay out of the limelight.

"Many's the time I have been pictured with various girls, each photograph accompanied by sentences hinting at something more serious than it ever was," he says.

"But the truth is that on many occasions I was the fall guy for married team-mates who did not want to be photographed chatting up beautiful women.

"Being single, I was a fail-safe match-maker. I would continue the task of trying to charm them while my married mate waited for his moment.

"You would not believe the amount of times I found myself saying to girls, 'Listen, my pal over there is crazy about you but he's married or he's with someone and can't come over. Are you interested?'

"I would continue the task of trying to charm them while my married colleague waited for his moment."

Last week we told how his flirting with supermodel Rachel Hunter landed him in trouble with then girlfriend Jordan - who later gave birth to his son Harvey.

He now reveals that he was only chatting up Rod Stewart's stunning ex-wife for a married footballer he declines to name.

He says: "It had nothing to do with my wanting to get into bed with Rachel Hunter, as delicious as she undoubtedly was.

"Because there was also in attendance a very famous, married footballer - not a team-mate - who was absolutely besotted with her.

"I spent a good deal of the time chatting to her on his behalf."
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/532495/I-lined-up-girls-for-married-players-reveals-footballer-Dwight-Yorke.html
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by demoore1(m): 11:29am On Oct 07, 2009
This problem in nigeria dates back to our great grandfathers. Where they go about keeping concubines and tiding widows. Then IT used to be an agreement with his wife(S). but now due to the influx Of STDs and westhern education, things have changed. IT WILL BE A SHAME ON ANY MAN WHO DESTROYES HIS FAMILY BECAUSE OF ADDULTERY. HIV IS REALOOOO
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by izinbizi(m): 11:42am On Oct 07, 2009
its more interesting when some of the unmarried men already plan on how to cheat on their wives, I mean som1 thats already wedding planning
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by maxtop(m): 11:45am On Oct 07, 2009
@ poster, you gave a good reason but i think you still have to buttress your argument with some  thought provoking facts.It is a known fact that in every 12, there must be a Judas and this does not mean everybody is a sinner or falls into that category. Well, if you say you don't like dating Nigerian guy base on that fact, i am telling you men will always be men anywhere in the world.

Since you are a US base, i guess that has been the trend among Nigerians over there and since it is a common occurrence i think their behaviour has been polluted with there western culture, you may prove me wrong but an average 9ja living or based in US does it either they are married or still single. I have a cousin over there that wanted to relocated after spending over 20 years with no serious relationship, she told me they always "come and go" at will after a stint affair.

I am up for grab and i am very sincere once i am in a relationship lol, grin  grin  grin  grin  grin
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by manikki(f): 11:48am On Oct 07, 2009
@ poster, u need to get your facts straight before posting a topic. Some Nigerian men cheat, men in other countries do the same. Its sad that a Nigerian can say dat she doesnt date Nigerians/west Africans cry.  I know of Nigerian men who have eyes 4 their wives only, wat about dat?
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by emyluv: 12:39pm On Oct 07, 2009
the truth is everything boils down 2 the decay of the society.the level of poverty n greed in our society has given these men d odacity to walk up to a girl as young as his daughter 4 sex.n d girlz accept their offer,some out of greed,others because they simply want to survive.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Remii(m): 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2009
Please post your picture in your profile and what you wore that day. Video of the scene too then one may advice you on how to scare away stalkers in future.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by tkb417(m): 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2009
iykedare:

@Annsqueen,

skeen!!

ure a toad!
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by otukpo(f): 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2009
Most Nigerian men i know cheat on their wives. I think its a societal problem. they think its boosts their ego.

But i have also heard some of them say that cheating on their wives does not mean they dont love their wives or that they are ready to leave their wives for the girl outside. No. They just do it for no reason. And most times, their male friends who are already in it influence them.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Rosabelle(f): 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2009
otukpo:

Most Nigerian men i know cheat on their wives. I think its a societal problem. they think its boosts their ego.
But i have also heard some of them say that cheating on their wives does not mean they dont love their wives or that they are ready to leave their wives for the girl outside. No. They just do it for no reason. And most times, their male friends who are already in it influence them.

Yep. The one's I know who cheat wont discuss it with me or us their friends, but you can tell theres no obvious reason, otherthan a complex. He wants to have all because his selfesteem is low. And the decent guys now, the one's who think its ridiculous to go bed-hopping, people like mrpresident laugh at them. Its sooo strange, this decay.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by tkb417(m): 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2009
otukpo:

Most Nigerian women i know cheat on thier husbands. I think its a societal problem. They think thats the only way to prove thier sexual agility.

But i have also heard some of them say that cheating on their husbands does not mean they dont love their husbands or that they are ready to leave for the sugarboi outside. No, they just do it for no reason. and most time, their bitchy female freinds who are already into the sugar mummy schitzo influence them.

its both ways
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by whitesturd(f): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2009
my dear.it is not only nigerian men that cheat,it is general and not peculiar to any race.even nigerian men can still code and can still pretend to their wives that they care and take care of their children but oyibos no dey care.they can bring their girlfriends to their matrimonial beds and even invite their wives to join in the fun.they dont fucking care.no respect whatsoever.it wld be absurd and rare to see a nigerian man do that.the best is an hotel.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by sayso: 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2009
you are 22  years.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by U1(m): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2009
MrPrsdent:

there is hardly a man alive who NEVER or will NEVER cheat on his wife at some point in time.

I know a lie when I see one. tongue

iykedare:

@Annsqueen,

Must you go there, son? Where are your proofs?
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by lucillia90: 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2009
@Poster

Because Nigerians steal doesn't mean every Nigerian is a thief, Because latinos are fine doesn't mean every latino is fine,

So stop generalising, I am a Nigerian and might consider you, Send me a pic lemme c how hot u r,
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by lucillia90: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2009
@ annsqueen

haba, u dan start, So na only Yoruba's be Sugar Daddies and Mumies , haba nw shocked sad angry grin
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Anabel(f): 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2009
what do you care anyway when you dislike them
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by agabaI23(m): 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2009
Anabel:

what do you care anyway when you dislike them

Abeg tell him ooo!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Nezan(m): 3:47pm On Oct 07, 2009
Adultery comes out of the mind, it is bad generalizing.
Re: Nigerian Married Men And Adultery by Godmother(f): 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2009
A married man actually told me that it is only women that cheat. When a man sleeps with someone other than his wife, he's just being a Nigerian man. But when a woman does it, she is cheating. That's to sho how bad this adultery thing is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

If You Do This While "Toasting" Me, I'll Never Say Yes / Love Poem That Melt Your Sweetheart Heart. / How Do I Payback A Cheating GF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.