Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,975 members, 7,927,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 04:18 AM

Barcelona Fans Thread. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Fans Thread. (76173 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Barcelona Fans Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by DrKitaun(m): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2010
lol !
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by AjanleKoko: 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2010
Guys,
I was wondering if the Ibra factor played a role this season. Let's use figures to validate facts.
Check out Barca's stats this season, as compared to last season:

Barca Stats current season

Home:
G - 17
W - 16
D - 1
L - 0
F - 49
A - 10
GD - 39
Rank - 1
Pts - 49

Away:
G - 17
W - 11
D - 5
L - 1
F - 34
A - 10
GD - 24
Rank - 1
Pts - 38

Total = 87, 4 games to go

Last season
Home:
G - 19
W - 14
D - 3
L - 2
F - 61
A - 14
GD- 47
Rank - 1
Pts - 45

Away:
G - 19
W - 13
D - 3
L - 3
F - 44
A - 21
GD - 23
Rank - 1
Pts - 42

Total Pts = 87

With 4 games to go, Barca have achieved their total points haul from last season. This season they have won more games, and lost much less (1 as opposed to 5 last season). But they've scored less goals, maybe the Ibra factor explains that.
Methinks the season is just a tougher one, but Barca have improved nonetheless. Like every other coach, I am sure Pep is thinking hard about the flaws. But let's not take anything away from the boys. They've worked hard this season. And they've improved. The competition is just tougher, and everybody is itching to beat Barca (awon egbe oshi).
No mind dem. mes que un club o jare!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2010
^^^u get mouth ma guy grin . . .We da best jare . . .Ko ni da fun awon Haterz grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2010
@Ajanlekoko. Nice one

I think this whole Ibra hating obsession is just a case of people letting biases cloud their judgment.

When i read posts and the performance of a team is narrowed down to one player, I usually just move on to the next post.

Now, even if it boiled down to the individual players, and one could just juxtapose scenarios, like some of these clowns claim, their whole argument would still fall flat  . . .

Last season Ibra scored 31 goals at inter, 25 in the league, as well as 7  assists. This season, at Inter, Eto'o has scored 15, 12 in the league with 5 league assists.

This season Ibra has scored 21 goals so far, 16 in the League, as well as 9  assists. Etoo last season, at Barca, had 34 goals, and 6 assists.

When people praise Eto'o for what he does at Inter, and diss Ibra, i wonder what data they are actually sorting through. 21 goals and 9 assists in his first season here, despite being on and off due to injuries, and he is still being dissed. Now I'll admit I expected more from him, but the comments made about him are for the most part, IMO, just people letting emotions get the best of them. Una no like the guy. .  period. Most teams won't complain about an off form striker that delivers 21 goals and 9 assists.   Now you can argue about team systems, and roles, and style of play and all that, but I could also argue that Ibra is not the 1st person to play as Lone striker in italy. 31 goals a season for any striker in Serie A is a fukn BiG A$$ deal. Give credit when it is deserved.

Inter beat us fair and square, but it was not because we lost Eto'o or signed ibra. That na some nonsensical superficial beer parlor analysis.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by switch411(m): 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2010
It simply could not be set up any better. The most flamboyantly attacking team of a generation needing to beat a side coached by perhaps the most tactically astute manager of his era. It is a night the footballing Gods have gifted to us, the sport's loyal worshippers

As the Inter players celebrated on the Camp Nou pitch, someone turned the sprinklers on. Why can't clubs who lose these semi-finals just lose them with good grace? Another point - Barca wanted a wet surface after last week's dry pitch in Milan, but a lot of their players were slipping tonight. Did they overdo it?

Inter Milan's Wesley Sneijder: "Yeah, Jose was screaming at the end, it was an emotional moment. We defended so well with 10 men for so long so a big compliment to the team. We were compact, we fought for every metre and gave everything and that's what we said to each other before the game. So we go to Madrid. The manager always has a tactic to destroy the opponent."

- BBC
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by dayokanu(m): 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2010
Barcelona fans, players and management showed complete lack of class this week

First The fans gathered at the Inter players hotel and were screaming all night (Probably so Inter players wont sleep)

They attacked Jose and Called him son of a Portuguese LovePeddler

They attacked Joses vehicle on the way from the Press conference

The Players Sergio Busquet is a complete disgrace for the dive and peekaboo.

Victor Valdes is a bigger disgrace for wrestling with Jose when the guy was celebrating- Just making Jose more popular

The club who decided to turn on Sprinklers to disperse Inter players from celebrating
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2010
We don hear. Oya clap for urself. Oga News caster

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Sauron1: 4:57pm On Apr 29, 2010
Krayola:

We don hear. Oya clap for urself. Oga News caster

Guardiola was sucker-punched.
He shouldn't have taken off Ibrahimovic. . . . .He was the only striker who could match the giants in the Inter defence.
Anyways, the resultz put paid to the media WANKFEST over Barcelona and Messi(especially).
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 5:03pm On Apr 29, 2010
~Sauron~:

Guardiola was sucker-punched.
He shouldn't have taken off Ibrahimovic. . . . .He was the only striker who could match the giants in the Inter defence.
Anyways, the resultz put paid to the media WANKFEST over Barcelona and Messi(especially).

I have totally deleted all about that tie from my memory. EVERYTHING!! I have no recollection of what u are talking about. 

Nice weather today, innit?  grin grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Sauron1: 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2010
Krayola:

I have totally deleted all about that tie from my memory. EVERYTHING!! I have no recollection of what u are talking about. 

Nice weather today, innit?  grin grin

U must be crazy. . . . . .when the going was good, your memory was in a tip-top shape.
Barca failed to make it to 2 Finals like United and now selective amnesia has crept in. . . . .
It's all good. There's always a next season unlike the world cup where you must wait for 4 years. grin

UCL was shyte this season. The final looks like a Group D match.
Bayern vs Inter?
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by dayokanu(m): 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2010
UCL was shyte this season. The final looks like a Group D match.
Bayern vs Inter?
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much hatred for Bayern, and so much of it undeserved. I'm a Sechz'ger and even I feel compelled to defend them

1. The myth that they went for Rooney's ankle.
No they didn't. What they did not do was give him extra gentle treatment. If Ferg fields him, what are they supposed to do? Avoid tackles? Stroke his ankles, like there, there, with velvet gloves?

2. They got a clear offside goal against Fiorentina and therefore are evil.
Yeah, right, any British club that had scored like that would have protested to have the goal taken off the scoresheet in a second. Blame the ref, not the team. Fiorentina got an offside goal in the rematch as well, one which was less obvious, sure, but is there really a difference between a clear offside goal and a narrow offside goal?

3. van Bommel - okay, I'll give you that.
You could say that he is a very, very smart player who has perfected the art of the foul. He always fouls within the given limits - he never gets two yellows, but will take the yellow for the team if the situation demands it. You could say he's cynical, you could say he's a genius. If he's on your team, you will say the latter, if he's not, the former. Then again, there are more than enough other players who have incorporated the foul as a means of their play, and only van Bommel has this type of Satanic reputation. At least be consequent.

4. Their defense - apparently horrid
Demichelis is a player who will leave his fullback position and join the midfield, allowing Bayern to play more attack-minded. Naturally this will expose the defense in swift counters, but it's for a good cause. Yesterday Bayern played the first half defending conservatively, without Demichelis moving upfront, and Lyon weren't getting anywhere

5. Bayern - the moneybags
a) Hey, what has kept your club from working its finances right? Bayern have always calculated wisely. Every Mark or Euro they have or had, they earned. There's no russian billionaire in the wings. Hell, when the Bundesliga was founded they were not even picked as members, 1860 were picked to represent Munich. They worked their way up.
b) As has been pointed out before, money is not everything there. Five of yesterdays line-up are from Bayerns youth academy. Btw, Hamburg tomorrow will feature Jarolim, Trochowski and Guerrero. From Hamburgs youth academy? No, from Bayerns.

6. Bayern the most hated club? Really you can't hate them if you know that
- former players feature prominently in Bayerns setup, as they see themselves as a big family. Like, when Gerd Muller struggled to come to terms with life after his football carreer and turning into an alcoholic, they gave him a couching job and, more importantly, a purpose. Who has been helping George Best and Gascoigne?
- you can always turn to Bayern for the good cause. For example, since the Tsunami, Bayern are financing a school in Sri Lanka, but they don't make a fuss about it. They helped saving FC St.Pauli with a beneficiary match.
- Historically, in Nazi Germany, Bayern stood by their Jewish president Kurt Landauer until he was removed by the Nazis. Landauer fled to Switzerland and was reinstated right after the war. (Some do say the moneybag myth dates back to the era of hatred when Bayern were dismissed as the Jewish club, btw)

If you really hate Bayern, you can only do it out of envy and self-hatred. They are giving you no reasons.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by A40(m): 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2010
@Krayola
You would have had 'Money to Blow' like Weezy,Drake and Birdman if you didn't waste it on Ibracarubbish! With his 3million goals and 1million assists at what point did he lead Inter past the k.o stages? Till he got taken off at no point did Barca look like scoring last nite, face it y'all got the shorter end of the stick and Zlatan has never been a big game player i'm not saying he is the sole reason for the loss but looking back that was a checkers move and not chess
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by chic2pimp(m): 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2010
@ KRAYOLA
It's of no co incidence that Ibra scored his 25 league goals in the weakest season Serie A has seen in the past decade.
Earlier on in the decade when Serie A had Great defenders marshalling Team's defences, Ibra was no where to be found.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by dayokanu(m): 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2010
CL team of the week

-Julio Cesar-

-Lahm-Lucio-Samuel-Chivu-

-Robben-Etoo-Schweni-Altintop-

-Olic-Pique-
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by chic2pimp(m): 6:38pm On Apr 29, 2010
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 9:35am On Apr 30, 2010
ogazi007:

Yaya was very sloppy,and his shots were going East instead of West.he has been a shadow of himself since the inception of this season.
kaita lacks the creativity to ignite an attack,he was just running round the feild like a fool.he use to strike and scores goals from outside the 18yards box wey back in sevilla but that was what we lacks in yesterday's game.this was the same problem we had with chelsea in last year semifinals.the fact has been esterblish that we cant breaks down teams that pack bus.they have done their best,and we cant always win all the time but player like kaita should be starting from the bench,he is just an average player.

To you, they were sloppy, to me, they weren't.

let bygones be bygone, after the end of the season, we'd see what pep and laporta are going to do about the team dept.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by eyoniggar(m): 10:13am On Apr 30, 2010
Lets debate on the villareal game now please.
The race for the liga title is tight. I can see
us picking up the 3 points.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 10:21am On Apr 30, 2010
eyoniggar:

Lets debate on the villareal game now please.
The race for the liga title is tight. I can see
us picking up the 3 points.

Villareal, a very inconsistent team but they are no pushovers, hopefully we go beat them, we need the points so badly.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by lalaboi(m): 10:26am On Apr 30, 2010
honeric01:

The Nigeria Premier League (NPL) has come out to declare that the 15 goals credited to Kano Pillars’ attacking winger, Ahmad Musa, in the country’s press contradicts record before it.

NPL Executive Secretary, Alhhassan Yakmut, told Naijaligue..com that the 17-year-old has actually scored 14 goals, according to the records made available to him since the start of the season.

“I think you people (in the media) are misleading the public on the number of goals that Ahmad Musa of Kano Pillars has scored this season. The record we have here as the organisers of the league is that he has scored 14 goals this season.

I believe that we cannot be wrong because every information or statistics on the Premier League gets to us before anybody. So, we have the record here and if you want it we will make it available to prove that he scored 14 goals,” Yakmut said.

Yakmut, who is currently acting as a sole administrator of the Premier League in the absence of a board, promised that the NPL would make available a rundown of Musa’s 14 goals so far this season, according to the records in the secretariat of the league arbiter.

“Like I said earlier I will make the breakdown of the 14 goals scored by Ahmad Musa of Kano Pillars available to you,” the NPL scribe told Naijaligue..com at the weekend.

Former spokesman of Kano Pillars, Shehu Adamu, however, disputed the claims of the NPL saying that Musa’s current tally, according to the media is correct.

“There shouldn’t be any dispute about it because the boy has scored 15 goals this season,” Adamu reacted.

When contacted, the man in the centre of the controversy, Musa, said he would also make available records from his club to Naijaligue..com.

The former Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH) Football Club man did not want to get into many words concerning the issue.

“I don’t think it is a big matter because I know I scored 15 goals. The records are there at the club and I can tell them to make it available,” the teenage striker said.

But the NPL has been guilty of refusing to make available statistics to Premier League correspondents at the end of every round of matches.

At the same time, the Premier League has failed to make use of its official website in posting statistics on number of goals and appearances of players in the 20 clubs as well as cards handed out for every game.

This is not the first time that the NPL is disputing the number of goals scored by highest goal scorers in the top-flight.

Last season, former Akwa United man, Akarandut Orok, faced similar situation before the air was cleared when the player and his club produced evidence to back up his claim to have scored 17 goals.

Back in 2002, it was the same situation when Joetex Frimpong, then with El-Kanemi Warriors scored 17 goals, but was credited with 16 goals.

Culled from naijaligue..com

NPL, Pillars tango over Ahmed Musa’s goal haul

See wetin inter and jose mourinho cause lol . .

Honeric. . . U ok mate? grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 10:38am On Apr 30, 2010
BREAKING NEWS: Valencia And Barcelona Agree On Transfer Of David Villa - Report

An exclusive report released by Spanish sports daily Marca claims that Valencia and Barcelona have agreed to the transfer of David Villa, Valencia's superstar striker and candidate to become the Spanish national team's all-time top scorer.

According to Marca's report, the striker joins Barca at the behest of Cule coach Pep Guardiola. Barcelona were close to signing the Valencia striker last season, but the deal fell flat. Now it appears that the two sides have reached an agreement that will be made official at the end of the Liga season.

Barca president Joan Laporta wanted to close the deal before the end of his term as president and the upcoming elections, to be held on June 13. Further, the club supremo wanted to sign Villa before the World Cup, as the player's value will likely skyrocket after South Africa 2010.

Marca reports that the deal will be in the €40 million range and that two Barca players could also be included, namely Aliaksandr Hleb (currently on loan at Stuttgart) and youngster Bojan Krkic.

Villa is currently third in the Liga's Pichichi top scorer race, having netted 21 goals, six less than Barca's Lionel Messi.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/04/30/1902010/breaking-news-valencia-and-barcelona-agree-on-transfer-of
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by FBS: 10:48am On Apr 30, 2010
Ibra nko? what will happen to him?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 10:52am On Apr 30, 2010
FBS:

sell or loan him out or maybe we'd just have him play from the bench or do you want him at Chelsea?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by eyoniggar(m): 10:53am On Apr 30, 2010
khanye:

BREAKING NEWS: Valencia And Barcelona Agree On Transfer Of David Villa - Report

An exclusive report released by Spanish sports daily Marca claims that Valencia and Barcelona have agreed to the transfer of David Villa, Valencia's superstar striker and candidate to become the Spanish national team's all-time top scorer.

According to Marca's report, the striker joins Barca at the behest of Cule coach Pep Guardiola. Barcelona were close to signing the Valencia striker last season, but the deal fell flat. Now it appears that the two sides have reached an agreement that will be made official at the end of the Liga season.

Barca president Joan Laporta wanted to close the deal before the end of his term as president and the upcoming elections, to be held on June 13. Further, the club supremo wanted to sign Villa before the World Cup, as the player's value will likely skyrocket after South Africa 2010.

Marca reports that the deal will be in the €40 million range and that two Barca players could also be included, namely Aliaksandr Hleb (currently on loan at Stuttgart) and youngster Bojan Krkic.

Villa is currently third in the Liga's Pichichi top scorer race, having netted 21 goals, six less than Barca's Lionel Messi.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/04/30/1902010/breaking-news-valencia-and-barcelona-agree-on-transfer-ofsea

Ope ooo!! Something they would have done last season, just cos of some 2 million euros difference, the deal didnt go through.
But I have not seen this on totalbarca.com, seen only speculations about it.

FBS:

We'll offload him, better still warms the bench.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 11:00am On Apr 30, 2010
lalaboi:

See wetin inter and jose mourinho cause lol . .

Honeric. . . U ok mate? grin

mistake, meant to post it on the Nigerian league board, sorry bout that. wink
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by FBS: 11:01am On Apr 30, 2010
honeric01:

sell or loan him out or maybe we'd just have him play from the bench or do you want him at Chelsea?

eyoniggar:

We'll offload him, better still warms the bench.

See them choir boys. . . grin  grin
Loan him? Who wants him? undecided

There are certain players that play their best under certain coaches. Ibra only became the highest goal scorer in Italy last season mostly (if not entirely  tongue ) cos of . . .em em. . .guess who? Yeah, thats right JM!

He got big headed thinking he was the best thing since akara and ogi. Pep ( I heard hez got a suya spot in Oslo) fell for it and wazaaaaaa! BANG!

Heck, this is not rocket science, Pep is NO JM!

You are stuck with Ibra for LIFE!!!  cheesy
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by eyoniggar(m): 11:07am On Apr 30, 2010
FBS:

There are certain players that play their best under certain coaches. Ibra only became the highest goal scorer in Italy last season mostly (if not entirely  tongue ) cos of . . .em em. . .guess who? Yeah, thats right JM!

He got big headed thinking he was the best thing since akara and ogi. Pep ( I heard hez got a suya spot in Oslo) fell for it and wazaaaaaa! BANG!

Dnt worry, you'll succeed laporta to have him stay put for life.

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 11:30am On Apr 30, 2010
FBS:

Nah he's not that bad, not just fit for our style of play, he;s kinda too slow for our kinda play, that's why i think he's not doing well.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by FBS: 11:40am On Apr 30, 2010
honeric01:

Nah he's not that bad, not just fit for our style of play, he;s kinda too slow for our kinda play, that's why i think he's not doing well.
No, dont get me wrong. I think he is a fantastic player. But he needs to step up to the plate.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 11:50am On Apr 30, 2010
eyoniggar:

Ope ooo!! Something they would have done last season, just cos of some 2 million euros difference, the deal didnt go through.
But I have not seen this on totalbarca.com, seen only speculations about it.

http://www.totalbarca.com/2010/news/elections-weekly-20-villa-could-be-presented-before-elections/
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 12:24pm On Apr 30, 2010
FBS:

No, dont get me wrong. I think he is a fantastic player. But he needs to step up to the plate.

well, next season is there for him to prove that.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by AjanleKoko: 3:43pm On Apr 30, 2010
Here's an interesting post from a dude with handle inimesavi from the Soccernet Blogs, responding to the Real Fans, who were dizzy with celebration that Barca lost:

inimesavi:
there were over a thousand posts last night, i bet over 900 of them were hating on barca, enough already
what i wanna know is why is barca playing on saturday when they just played on wednesday, and real playing on sunday?
and for those of you and mostly real madrid fans, who are pinpointing every mistake barca made this year, i say i don't think there's a mistake made by barca that real madrid haven't made already
take for example those of you who are bashing barca for lrtting go of eto'o, when it was real who first did that, and then if you think getting rid of eto'o and getting ibra is nonesense, how about getting rid of sneider and robben and getting kaka and benzema
ok inyour view kaka and benzema will be better next year because they need time, but not ibra
where is the sense in that? i like to know
we were knocked out in the cl semi final, and it is such a failure, but you got knocked out in the round of 16 and it's a learning experience
we beat you twice this year, and twice last year, and you're still hoping someone can do what you couldn't so you can win la liga
the team is going through a hard phase, all teams do, inter dropped 14 points in the calcio to get to the cl final, they're still first because roma and ac didn't make them pay
messi and xavi played way too many games and they are just humans, iniesta is injured, but we will come back next year even stronger

The hatred of Barca is just unbelievable. everything they accuse us of, the other so-called big teams, do them by no half measures. But when it happens in Barca, it is a Mortal Sin.

No Team can play like Barca, no team has the record of so many WPOTYs on its alumni roster, and No Team can come out and say they are mes que un club (more than a club). Period.
Visca el Barca.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by ogazi007(m): 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2010
I like villa but i guess he is also fragile and lack physical dominance like most of our players.
Ibra should sit on the bench and learn,may be he will be better next season.
we cant afford to lose tommorow's game,laliga is what we have gat to fight for and i will be highly disappointed if we let the trophy slip off our hand.
we defeated madrid home and away,we dont have excuse for not claiming this one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (100)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / Manchester United Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 4th September 2022 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 17th February 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.