Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,214 members, 7,910,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 01:46 AM

Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista (5511 Views)

How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error-“copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine" / BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 12, 2009
For those of you getting mad about windows 7, you better not. I have gotten and tested windows 7 myself and seen that it is slower than vista. I searched online to back up my claims and I found it true. If you think am lying just visit the link and get more details:

Windows 7 boots slower than Vista.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Onesimus70(m): 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2009
well, I am using window7 and to me its faster than vista, and easier to use.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by texazzpete(m): 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2009
eina:

For those of you getting mad about windows 7, you better not. I have gotten and tested windows 7 myself and seen that it is slower than vista. I searched online to back up my claims and I found it true. If you think am lying just visit the link and get more details; http://www.themoneytimes.com/featured/20091012/windows-7-boots-slower-vista-iolo-technologies-id-1087195.html

Sorry to burst your bubble, but i really do not think you're tried Windows 7 as you claim. It's obviously faster than Vista.

Read

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2009/01/02/windows-7-build-7000-outperforms-vista-and-xp

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=3236&page=2

You may want to know that Iolo technologies sell a software designed to 'tweak and tune up' windows operating systems, and they are hoping to get their greedy mittens on clients running Windows 7. anything from them should be taken with a very very great pinch of salt.

When this was reported on Engadget.com, the commenters laughed them out of the park grin
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=214504;sa=showPosts

please be advised to stick to the romance threads.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 12, 2009
oyb:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=214504;sa=showPosts

please be advised to stick to the romance threads.

What are you trying to say? Who created this section for you alone?
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2009
texazzpete:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but i really do not think you're tried Windows 7 as you claim. It's obviously faster than Vista.

Read

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2009/01/02/windows-7-build-7000-outperforms-vista-and-xp

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=3236&page=2

You may want to know that Iolo technologies sell a software designed to 'tweak and tune up' windows operating systems, and they are hoping to get their greedy mittens on clients running Windows 7. anything from them should be taken with a very very great pinch of salt.

When this was reported on Engadget.com, the commenters laughed them out of the park  grin
Is that table what you used to proof me wrong? have you tried the operating system yourself? Microsoft is simply trying to push us to buy it.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by abhosts(m): 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2009
I have been using Windows 7 for about 6 months non-stop and I would not trade it for any other OS on the planet.

@poster
You a probably running your Windows 7 installation on a low config system.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2009
abhosts:

I have been using Windows 7 for about 6 months non-stop and I would not trade it for any other OS on the planet.

@poster
You a probably running your Windows 7 installation on a low config system.
Thats exactly what I wanted hear. Case closed.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 12, 2009
i used vista for one and a half years or so. i have used windows 7 for the past six months

windows 7 trumps vista in so many aspects - speed - the redesigned ui - the liitle tweaks that were need in vista

and just in case u don't know- windows 7 is actually a cumulative update of vista - vista's build number is 6.0xxxxxxx, while windows 7's is 6.1xxxxxx

spare us your absurd and ridiculous claims that vista is faster than seven
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2009
oyb:

i used vista for one and a half years or so. i have used windows 7 for the past six months

windows 7 trumps vista in so many aspects - speed - the redesigned ui - the liitle tweaks that were need in vista

and just in case u don't know- windows 7 is actually a cumulative update of vista - vista's build number is 6.0xxxxxxx, while windows 7's is 6.1xxxxxx

oga i don hear. provided it runs on the right system spec.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by 4llerbe(m): 11:39pm On Oct 12, 2009
see winblows disciples quarreling o, wat is the difference in vista and seven?

i tried freestyling that thing for like two hours, IT WAS JUST VISTA TWEAKED TO BEHAVE SLIGHTLY BETTER ( LIGHTER DESKTOP ENVIROMENT) and more drivers!!! what are you folks on about, ur paying for vista (service pack 10 probbly) twice!!

brilliant business acumen. gates na alaba graduate o lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 13, 2009
oyb:

i used vista for one and a half years or so. i have used  windows 7 for the past six months

O boy how did you get your windows 7 far before the release date? What I have tried is the RTM version which I doubt was already out six months ago. I guess you may be using beta.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 13, 2009
obviously the rc

i got the rtm, but i'm waiting till after october 22nd (ms can't blacklist oem master keys after that )
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by DualCore1: 4:53pm On Oct 13, 2009
Don't hate the OS, hate your system spec.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by tosin1570(m): 9:19pm On Oct 13, 2009
I have been using Windows 7 for almost 6 months and I can tell you is a lot faster then vista. I do have tech account with MS so I have been playing with the full retail vision for some time now
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by 4llerbe(m): 11:58pm On Oct 13, 2009
ok ok stop quarelling, bill is counting his dollars!!!

who cares, rc rtm rrz, rcv, bla bla bla, no be the same thing. wonder why u pple are always so giddy everytime ms gives u a new wahala.
use the thing fully, not just watch movies and play music and surf nairaland for 6 months and then come and blab.

funny this story is actually gaining ground. even punch carried a cull in mondays or tuesday's edition. maybe all those pissed off pple aregiving ms back a dose of their own medicine, PROPAGANDA TO WILLING DICIPLES.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by specimenx(m): 12:54am On Oct 14, 2009
i've not gotten win 7 cos of d key, can anyone help me with that
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by moonraker(m): 5:52am On Oct 14, 2009
guys guys, chill out,

I wouldnt say that windows 7 is slow but i wouldnt say its fast either.

windows 7 is only about 5% faster than vista.

i think that what the OP is trying to state is that the aero glass feature

is slower in win7 than in vista. Have you noticed that when you minimize

and maximize the windows, its feels slower in win7 than in windows vista??

Windows vista is a solid OS now and the only reason, and i mean the only

reason why microsoft decided to release win7 is becos the brand name of vista

has been tarnished. nothing more. i play alot of games on my comp and i have a

dual boot of both OSs and seriously cannot see any difference. my 2yen
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Infoseye(m): 7:21am On Oct 14, 2009
eina:

For those of you getting mad about windows 7, you better not. I have gotten and tested windows 7 myself and seen that it is slower than vista. I searched online to back up my claims and I found it true. If you think am lying just visit the link and get more details; http://www.themoneytimes.com/featured/20091012/windows-7-boots-slower-vista-iolo-technologies-id-1087195.html

First question Have you used Win 7 before? Which I seriously doubt, Win 7 is 3 times faster,lighter,easier and smarter than Vista. Its only Win 7 users has experience that can tell.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by hayprof(m): 9:34am On Oct 14, 2009
Widows 7 transfered a total of 60GB Data in less than 15mins, can Vista OR XP try ?

tseew! grin
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by xbernardx(m): 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2009
yes!!! you are totally wrong, u sure say ur system na outdate!!! abeg no lie for us here
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Ralvy(m): 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2009
Couldn't disagree more with the first poster. w7 is positively, definitely and unquestionably way faster than it's predecessor.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2009
@ op - better start more absurd topics like this - see all my old friends crawling out of the woodwork grin
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by flyuche(m): 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2009
no significant differences between the two OSs on a properly configured machine. i have vista sp2, runs so smooth. I am waiting for Windows 9.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by puskin: 5:59pm On Oct 14, 2009
Anyone who says Vista is faster than Win7 has not used Win7. Chikèna.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by phizz: 6:41pm On Oct 14, 2009
I ave a celeron sys, 1.7ghz pr with 512mb ram n 7 beta works way faster than when i had vista starter on it. Not a vista freak like that sha
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Mustay(m): 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2009
It's even ironical that Windows will produce a slower OS despite the short product life cycle (hence, less revenue) caused by Vista's anomalies. It's obvious you are not using the right requirements or it's a fake!
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by spben(m): 9:27pm On Oct 14, 2009
@ poster you leave me speechless , go and re-edit your post , the best operating system so far , i love it more than anything i hav been recommending it to all my client and they all love it no complain , and beside it's virus free operating system
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Infoseye(m): 1:49am On Oct 15, 2009
spben:

@ poster you leave me speechless , go and re-edit your post , the best operating system so far , i love it more than anything i hav been recommending it to all my client and they all love it no complain , and beside it's virus free operating system

Did you just say virus free? shocked grin grin grin NO OS from Microsoft is virus free oooo grin grin grin grin proof me wrong if you are correct but there is no microsoft OS that has not been attacked by Virus thats the only flaw of Microsoft OS.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by texazzpete(m): 8:11am On Oct 15, 2009
flyuche:

no significant differences between the two OSs on a properly configured machine. i have vista sp2, runs so smooth. I am waiting for Windows 9.

That's because Windows Vista SP2 is actually a very good, stable OS. Must of the Vista hate is just FUD anyway.

eina:

oga i don hear. provided it runs on the right system spec.

Windows 7 runs snappily even on Netbooks powered with Intel's low end Atom processor.
The system specs argument may have been valid in Vista days, but in this day and age it's ridiculous if you do not have a system that meets the minimum reqs for Win 7. Throw away your Pentium 2 laptop with it's SIS integrated graphics card and move up into the modern age grin

When 90% of the respondents tell you Win 7 is obviously faster than Vista, you should realize then that the problem comes from your end.

PS: I've been using Win 7 since december last year (beta, then RC 1)
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by baekdoosan(m): 6:29pm On Oct 15, 2009
yes, windows 7 boots slower, but once it starts up it is faster and more efficient than Windows vista or xp.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by N9528GB: 6:44pm On Oct 15, 2009
baekdoosan:

yes, windows 7 boots slower, but once it starts up it is faster and more efficient than Windows vista or xp.

Utotomi, pls whats ur computer specs? Even installed Win 7 on a p3 1.0mhz with 1g ram and yet the performance of win 7 was still outstanding. I use Acer 4220 here my specs below on the screen shot. Win7 is a blessing to Mircrosoft users especially Vista user's it takes approximately 6-10 seconds for my Win 7 to boot unlike Vista almost 30seconds plus!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SOLD. USA Used Dell E5430 Core I5, 2.5ghz For Sale. / Hp 630 ''thermal Shutdown'' Issue / Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.