Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,963 members, 7,938,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 02:01 PM

Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista (5526 Views)

How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error-“copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine" / BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by slimcblack: 7:15pm On Oct 15, 2009
i have to agree. Windows 7 is significantly faster than vista. This is not even debatable, its a #FACT.
I run the IT department at my office and i am currently testing 2 laptops running pirate copies of windows 7. I need to do this so that justifying bulk purchase for next yrs budget will not be contested by management.

I gave these 2 laptops to both the MD and one of the directors and they have both refused to return them because they are just flawless. Take note both laptops are loaded with 120GB HD and 1Gb of ram.

They run faster than others that have larger hardrives and 3Gb or ram. Although the processor is also determining factor needed to justify speed and stability, the overall jist is windows 7 is more stable. grin
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by N9528GB: 7:25pm On Oct 15, 2009
Lets put an end to this thread, here is a clean and straight forward Video review of Win 7 on youtube. here is the link below:

[center]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jsx-gf-z2U[/center]
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by ahamdiheme: 7:32pm On Oct 15, 2009
This shouldn't be an argument because anyone who has used Vista and is using 7 now knows the clear difference. Besides being faster, Win7 is a whole lot better than Vista and in every way at that! Case closed
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2009
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by lalaboi(m): 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2009
@topic

No its not !

Blame it on your stinginess!. . .  Buy a powerfull laptop/pc and enjoy windows 7 m8!
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by youngbest(m): 8:10pm On Oct 15, 2009
yep windows seven is slower but in booting alone
check my blog i have covered loads of article on windows seven
learn more from dere,
techinfoadvancement..com
cool
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by savesoul(m): 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2009
Dont be Decieved, WIndows 7 is Faster, Better, slicker, sweeter and superb than that nonsense called Vista, Try Windows 7 and ur life will neva remain the same again!
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by DualCore1: 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2009
its no use tearing muscles.

if XP makes your box go turbo, go with it; if vista does, ride on; windows 7, carry go, win version 3.1, zoom off but remember speed kills.

but dont be so silly to run into conclusions from the perspective of your use of the OS on a crappy box.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by malele(m): 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2009
@eina what are u talking,pls windows 7 is 10 times better than vista
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by duduspace(m): 9:55pm On Oct 15, 2009
Perhaps, the original poster tested a pre-release version with debugging enabled.
Windows 7 as described by experts is Windows XP performance with a Windows Vista feature set.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Beaf: 10:00pm On Oct 15, 2009
If you have one of those old systems (or a laptop), anything without a GPU; then, Windows 7 might bother you.
The reason is that graphics effects in Windows 7 do not need hardware to run (unlike vista). Therefore, were hardware is absent, the effects will run 100% in software, thereby murdering any claptrap system.

Graphics and system age / type are the key.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Homonide: 10:15pm On Oct 15, 2009
I have a friend that uses Win 7 and i don't think it's reasonably faster than Vista. Vista was released as a kind of test for Win 7 'cos Gates wasn't

sure of how people would receive Win 7.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by puskin: 10:30pm On Oct 15, 2009
Guy, better bliv it, I use it nd itz damn way faster than Vista.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by msb247(m): 12:02am On Oct 16, 2009
I disagree. It's the other way round.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by flyuche(m): 12:14am On Oct 16, 2009
all you these guys talking about "fast", don't even use their computer for anything other than browsing.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by semid4lyfe(m): 12:43am On Oct 16, 2009
I wouldn't trade my vista (updated to service pack 2) for any other operating system in the world. I'm just waiting for the release of a good windows 7 transformation pack so I can love-vendor my vista to have the look, feel and aesthetics of windows 7.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by ahamdiheme: 5:34am On Oct 16, 2009
flyuche:

all you these guys talking about "fast", don't even use their computer for anything other than browsing.

I use Win7 and I run some heavy, lengthy and complex MATLAB Scripts; I still find Win7 faster than Vista.

youngbest:

yep windows seven is slower but in booting alone
check my blog i have covered loads of article on windows seven
learn more from dere,
techinfoadvancement..com
cool

Please Please Please, Win7 is faster all round.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by mrofficial(m): 9:17am On Oct 16, 2009
Mr man, maybe you installed the Windows 7 on upgraded pentium 3 board.

Windows 7 is faster!!! I was using Vista before I installed fresh copy of Windows 7.

Mr man, check your system.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by powerblaze(m): 9:23am On Oct 16, 2009
Windows 7 has the feature ""Automatic (Delayed Start)", which is an optimum way of loading all stuuffs. Its simply a revamped Vista. i use vista on a 3GHz lappy,5GB ram, 2G nvidia and 450G HDD. If therez any difference in both Os, its certainly negligible, as i have enough RAM to sink Titanic!
Vista is certainly not bad at all. You just need plenty of ram to enjoy it. Besides, the worst Os ever Windows M.E(Mistake Edition). Vista will probably soon be a hot contestant for that title!
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by moonraker(m): 10:19am On Oct 16, 2009
@ powerblaze

epic fail, you just fall yur own hand for public. if you have used vista, you will realize that

vista has that feature also, plus your first sentence has totally sold you out, 5GB of ram and 450Gb of harddisk space??

give me a break
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Nezan(m): 10:47am On Oct 16, 2009
so its true?
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by elnino3(m): 11:18am On Oct 16, 2009
i have been using windows 7 for 2 months now and i think the only Os that it should be compared with is Ubuntu 9.04 not Vista. or beta still compare it to xp but pls anything you do "DONT COMPARE IT WITH VISTA". it boots faster, perform a lot of tasking operations faster than V.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by princeomoh(m): 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2009
Eina, I've not used Windows 7, but even the site u posted has contradicting views, while iolo says its slower than Vista, end users say its faster, that iolo want to sell their tuneup software thereby discrediting Windows 7, did u read that far?
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by princeomoh(m): 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2009
How driver friendly is Windows 7? anyone? and does it readily accepts other softwares?
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2009
moonraker:

@ powerblaze

epic fail, you just fall yur own hand for public. if you have used vista, you will realize that

vista has that feature also, plus your first sentence has totally sold you out, 5GB of ram and 450Gb of harddisk space??

give me a break

don't mind the lying mofo - highest nvidia card config on laptops na 1gb
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by elnino3(m): 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2009
it doesnt have a driver issue as it has a lot of drivers and compatibility of programs is not a very big issue like other OS.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by princeomoh(m): 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2009
Thanks nino
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by DualCore1: 5:37pm On Oct 16, 2009
princeomoh:

How driver friendly is Windows 7? anyone? and does it readily accepts other softwares?

its friendliness is impressive. just got a new printer thats working perfectly and i still got the Driver CD case seal unbroken tongue

dunno what the problem is with y'all, Win 7 will run "well" on a 800MHz Gigapro (VIA Samuel) (R.I.P). damn that mobo was one of a friggen kind, lol thts why it didnt last in the market.

Bottom line: use what works best for you. Some hate change, so they'll rather stick with the devil they know than try the saint they dont. Others are adventurous and would rather dine with the devil face to face  than use long chop sticks.

Me i'm just an OS LovePeddler, i use everything depending on my unstable mood swings.
right now i'm downloading a clean ISO of windows 98 SE. (ya, its what u're thinking, i wonno fire these cores on win98se, weep not)
i kno i will start hating on the OS soon enough, got tired of ubuntu jaunty (9.04) in 2 nights, damn after about 1gig of bandwidth used for updates.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by puskin: 12:47am On Oct 17, 2009
Damn.
U really are an OS freak.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by denzel2009: 8:46am On Oct 17, 2009
ok guys, I am a bit of novice here, how can I switch to W7 with my current vista business without losing any inforrmation on my laptop?
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by elnino3(m): 11:21am On Oct 17, 2009
@denzel
i also tried the same thing but couldnt upgrade. then i did it old school (back up first on externals) purge the hard disk installed the OS and neva regretted since. I kinda feel even if its possible to upgrade, wouldnt that be crossing over to the promised land with vista's demons.
Re: Windows 7 Is Slower Than Vista by oredein: 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2009
This will be my last post here, Win 7 is mircosoft best OS after XP and a very impressive performance after the release of Vista. This video says it all on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jsx-gf-z2U

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hacking For Beginners- [dummies Edition] / Increasing Video Card Memory / Hp 630 ''thermal Shutdown'' Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.