Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,034 members, 7,903,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:22 AM

I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown (11106 Views)

10 Things Most Girls Do When Going To Meet Their Boyfriends / Being A Nervous Guy How Can I Control My Relationship? / 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by oyinda3(f): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2009
The guy has found another girl. pls move on. seriously

I mean over 2wks silent treatment just because of argument over vacation resort. lol pls free the guy n let him go.
go and hang out and find some other guy. be careful this time though and don't pick a liar.
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by amhurting: 12:11am On Nov 03, 2009
Alxmyr:

Men.
I am very confused when somethings happen and some men handle it this way.
Agreed. She was wrong. She admitted. She begged. She ask people to beg on her behalf.
She is devastated and confused.
What else do you want her to do?
To have a nervous break-down or resort to a Psychiatric Hospital because you are what? A super-hero!
@Poster: It is hard. But, gather yourelf together. Do your lipstick. Do your hair. Put on a head turning gown. Treat yourself to a good dinner.
He is the one that lose. Gbam.
If one vehicle decided not to go to Alaba market, many will go. He is not your GOD.
And maybe, dem swear for am to sow, make another man reap, Who knows.

La vie continua,

a very blunt post.
smiley thank you
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by amhurting: 12:14am On Nov 03, 2009
update: he has finally called.
he apologised but not genuinely he does not sound remorseful and see his actions as ''teaching me a lesson''

cry

his attitude is simply putting pepper on a bruised heart cry
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by Dubino(m): 2:08am On Nov 03, 2009
Poster,it looks like you complain a lot. You said that the guy 've called and apologised, and at the same time you're reading and interpreting his mind to your favour. Please give this guy a break and stop making him look like a bad guy. If that guy would 've the nerve to sponsor you to Europe, not as a wife but a girlfriend, he's good.
We only heard your side of the story, if we hear his we may think again about all your whinning. Why I'm saying this is that I've seen how women acts once they cross into EU or US. To be honest and based on what you said,that guy is a gentleman, he didn't go for any physical confrontation, he just left, , you didn't tell us if you confronted him physically.  I personally didn't believe that it's only an argument over a vacation location that drove him away from his house. Tell us the truth when you're ready and stop telling matured men moonlight stories.
I've witnessed so many things that looks like that here in US, the lady will be crying all over, but when you find out what she did to the guy, you know that the guy is just running for cover and not to punish her.
Be careful how you spread your dirty linen in public 'cos it may come back to hunt you.
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by sexylogan(m): 6:00am On Nov 03, 2009
amhurting:

he apologised but not genuinely he does not sound remorseful and see his actions as ''teaching me a lesson''

cry

girl, aren't u tired of livin in pain? havn't u had enuf? love plays terrible tricks on our psyche but dont u think u shud

move on? please no man who truly loves u wil sit bak and inflict pain on u just to "teach u a lesson". i once went

out wit someone who thot i was evrythin her man wasnt, he used to beat her up, cheat, insult her, etc. but gues

wat? we eventualy broke up becuz she that i was "so nice it wasnt natural" and returned to her abusiv relationship

wit her ex. moral of the story- u can actually get used to being treated badly. my advice- move on. in time u wil

find someone who loves and respects u and wont ever derive plaesure in hurting u. smiley
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by demystify(f): 8:29am On Nov 03, 2009
amhurting:

cry

]
hmmmm!!!
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 03, 2009
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by kpolli(m): 11:04am On Nov 03, 2009
noticed that all the girls r like fashi the guy n guys r like trying to understand the guy, till now u know what u said, so we cant judge on assumptions, Fact is there are somethings that a man can never forive,
With ur words, u can push him into committing suicide,
so understand his on view first b4 begging, I notice u girls offend n beg,then doing it again, It shows u dont understand th degree of ur words, advice, try n understand the reason y he is actin like that then ask for forgiveness,
There is diff btw knowing u r wrong n how u r wrong
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 03, 2009
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by kpolli(m): 2:11pm On Nov 03, 2009
chaircover:

3 weeks is too long a time to “punish” his girlfriend. He is not her father & it was her father’s job to train & punish her when she was growing up.

The boyfriend/husband is to chastise her with love if he must . . . .

If she has deeply offended him, which she probably did, ignoring her and not taking her calls is not the answer or a mature way of dealing with conflict but a very selfish and childish way.

I hate and despise men who play mind games.

would u rather he beats her to teach her a lesson or he does this? now next time she is arguing with him she wouldnt make the same mistake,
am a guy n i know that he loves her cos if it was me n i didnt then i will tell her to her front its over, a guy who stops loving a girl cant just break up unil she messes up n then when that opportunity comes he cant miss it to drive her away, y r u so blind to the guys intensions? he istrying to make sure it doent happen again,
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2009
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by edogram1(m): 7:27pm On Nov 03, 2009
he would have forgiven u while u where begging. now he will be the one to beg and u r even stronger. well is good to experience it for once .
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by kpolli(m): 7:50am On Nov 04, 2009
just shows u dont know the characteritics of a real man
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 04, 2009
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by kpolli(m): 8:55am On Nov 04, 2009
sorry to say yes, a real man, does things so that mistakes wont happen again, he has to do this, for her to learn the implications of her words,
or do u think she can still say those things again after this crisis?
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 04, 2009
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by funkybaby(f): 9:31am On Nov 04, 2009
chaircover:

But It may all backfire. . . . . .

Because he has stayed away for so long, he runs the risk of the poster now having had the chance to re evaluate the whole relationship and go on to deceide that she doesnt want to be with a man who deliberatly makes her unhappy.

Real men know that women gas a lot, most times with no pun intended. A real man will rise above it, wait until things have calmed down and sit the woman down and calmy tell her what she has done wrong.

If what the poster says is true, about a few heated words during an argument, then woe betide her if she commits a serious "crime" such as being disrespectful to his mother or has an affair and is caught.

The guy is clearly killing a misquito with a sledgehammer.

wow. Chaircover ! kiss kiss smiley
i have always respected and admired your posts on this forum

What you have just posted is sooooooooooooooooooooo true. . . . especially this part

chaircover:

But It may all backfire. . . . . .

Because he has stayed away for so long, he runs the risk of the poster now having had the chance to re evaluate the whole relationship and go on to deceide that she doesnt want to be with a man who deliberatly makes her unhappy.

presently going through the same phase with my partner.

i keep thinking, if he can ''delete'' me from his life for few weeks over a minor argument, then woe betides me if his mum reports to him that i was disrespectful to her or if he catches me winking at another dude grin
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by kpolli(m): 9:37am On Nov 04, 2009
no he is not, he is killing the first aids patient so that the disease will never spread,
u girls think all we guys do is to purnish u, fact is if he loves her dont u think he will also be sad that he has to do this?
i will rather do this once than argue daily, look at his point of view for a minute,
the reasons parents keep beating their children is becos they never learn, beating doesnt solve it, make them feel the implications of their actions,
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by Alxmyr(m): 12:13am On Nov 06, 2009
amhurting:

cry

Remember to add.
He has as well lost me to a better man!

Gbam
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by Dubino(m): 12:53am On Nov 06, 2009
Well,it's not surprising that women will always defend women whatever the situation. How can one make a good judgement based of one side of a story.
Chaircover, thank God you stays in UK. Our illustrous sister, Chimanda Adichie said it all in her book and speech to the WORLD WRITERS at the Oxford University. She warned about THE DANGER OF A SINGLE STORY.
So I strongly disbelieve that this guy left his own house, ,I mean, he ran away from his home just because of an argument over a vacation location. Most likely,this guy is the one that would have paid for this vacation and possibly suggested it too. If we dig dip into the poster without being biased, we may find out the truth,, and that it didn't start with vacation argument, ,and that it didn't end there either.  May be she's the one that kicked this guy out of the house, ,only God knows.
If that guy didn't love her so much, he wouldn't have brought her over to EU as a girl friend. This girl's character might even be the reason why the guy 've not married her since he brought her to EU.
I'm not judging anybody, but I wish the poster 'll tell us what 've been going on between them which might have triggered this chain reaction.
She should also stop whinning please.
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 06, 2009
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by naso2(m): 8:31am On Nov 06, 2009
amhurting:

cry

You have said that you guys have intermintently had trust issues, later you made hurtful utterances. He went AWOL to reappraise the situation in his HURTING state, now he comes back with some "apology" and you are still asking for remorse and whatever. Abeg make we hear word jare, its always easy to play the victim , but everyone has a conscience which is an open wound that can be healed only with the truth.

With all you confessed he has contributed to your personal development, you do not need an "Emmanuel" to tell you he really loves you.

If he posted his own side of the story here on NL , are you sure of retaining 50% of this band of sympathisers?

The guy's response might not have been the best, but you seem not to appreciate that he could he hurting far more than whatever you are experiencing. A man whose tears drop inwards might by far more pained than a wailing lady.

If you do not work on the trust issues and learn to curb snide comments ,you can be sure you still have many more related bouts in future.

Good luck
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by Dubino(m): 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2009
Your location came into the game because Chimanda Adichie made her address to the world writters in UK last  summer and explained the danger of a single story. No harm intended. Sorry if I stepped on your toes.

Since this is not a 2 sided story, contributions should be  like giving ideas and suggestions,  and not like pushing her on what to do.

There's no mind game in this issue 'cos whatever that kicked a man out of his house is a big deal.

Just because that guy is a gentle man, he didn't go for physical confrontation,  he just left the house for her. Some crazy/violent guys will beat the shit out of her and throw her unto the street.

If this girl is concerned enough as she claimed, why didn't she go and look for the guy? It could be that the guy has committed suicide or got into trouble because of anger.
Then,when the guy finally called and apologised, instead of her to accept his apology and lure him home first, she is still demanding for the guy's head. With this, isn't it clear that this girl is so difficult to please. She's crying about forgiveness, she can't forgive either.

Please, give me a break.
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by chika98: 2:00am On Nov 07, 2009
Dubino: A man that lets his anger control his actions hasn't yet mastered his temperament. Every human has to learn to control themselves.

OP

You clearly have self esteem issues and I suggest you go and work on them. You need to be comfortable in your own skin first. You have understand that you are worth someone actually caring for you and understanding that you are nothing but a human being with "flaws". With that being said, nothing we say or do will make you change your mind about still being in the relationship. Only you will leave when you feel you've taken enough.
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by Dubino(m): 9:44pm On Nov 07, 2009
Chika98, it looks like you're in Nigeria and you don't know what's going on abroad in this world economic hard time. Things 're very tough now,  everybody is hurting and nobody is talking about vacation.

The last thing a good, loving and caring woman will do is to drive her man away from the house. I've a girlfriend and we have our ups and downs but she never tried to kick me out.

Lets face the fact, would you run away from your house for a simple argument? I mean your house not his. In as much as women needs to be pet, men needs that too.

You who doesn't have self esteem issues, do not work on nothing, but with your attitude and reasoning, to get a devoted guy, you might need to do a lot more work than me.
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by chika98: 7:39am On Nov 09, 2009
Dubino: Shut your retarded trap up! Who told you I was in Nigeria? Even if I were what has that got to do with my response to control of temperament? Did the poster tell you she chased her said BF out of the house? Disgusts me when you lot throw around low blows like a bunch of airheads! Have i ever told you that I've got a problem getting a devoted man? What flying fuckery are you on about? Never EVER address me again! What nonsense!
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by iz2much: 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2009
i have once been thru that, trust me he will call you back, he is also feeling the same thing about you.
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by yousay(m): 11:59pm On Nov 09, 2009
Dubino:

Your location came into the game because Chimanda Adichie made her address to the world writters in UK last  summer and explained the danger of a single story. No harm intended. Sorry if I stepped on your toes.

Since this is not a 2 sided story, contributions should be  like giving ideas and suggestions,  and not like pushing her on what to do.

There's no mind game in this issue 'cos whatever that kicked a man out of his house is a big deal.

Just because that guy is a gentle man, he didn't go for physical confrontation,  he just left the house for her. Some crazy/violent guys will beat the shit out of her and throw her unto the street.

If this girl is concerned enough as she claimed, why didn't she go and look for the guy? It could be that the guy has committed suicide or got into trouble because of anger.
Then,when the guy finally called and apologised, instead of her to accept his apology and lure him home first, she is still demanding for the guy's head. With this, isn't it clear that this girl is so difficult to please. She's crying about forgiveness, she can't forgive either.

Please, give me a break.

waoooooooooooo. this is it!
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by Dubino(m): 7:34am On Nov 10, 2009
Chika98, do not go ballistic simply because I told you the truth. Do not say I should not grill you 'cos you're the one that jumped into my toaster, ok.

Just calm down and stop making fun of yourself with those slangs you don't know their meaning. You're not talking to me alone, you're talking to the whole world, just want to remind you. When next you write, choose your words carefully.

Looks like you've to do some work too on your temperament, it's way above the boiling point. Slow down little sister, you still got to grow up and face the reality of life, then you may figure out that it takes a lot more  than ''RETARDED TRAP, LOW BLOWS, BUNCH OF AIRHEADS and FLYING FUCKERY''  to get a devoted man.

May be you 'll expect a devoted man to hang on when you talk to him like this, wow!
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by mi2009(f): 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2009
To amhurting. Email me. What I tell you is for your ears only.

valleygirl99@hotmail.com
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by spikedcylinder: 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2009
@ OP, hope things are resolved then?
Re: I Am Going To Have A Nervous Breakdown by kitlady02(f): 10:33pm On Dec 27, 2009
Poor u, Dont worry everything happens 4 a reason
it has happend 2 d best of us, he will certainly cm bk maybe by den u wont even nid him anymore.
Nb: mk sure u cry any tym u feel lyk it helps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Reasonable People Elope? / Do Girls Like Guys That Are Emotional? / A sample of Weeding Budget/plan (Nigeria)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.