Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,342 members, 7,888,089 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:06 PM

Your First Day On A Plane - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your First Day On A Plane (8920 Views)

Poll: How many times have you been on a flying plane?

More than once.: 79% (141 votes)
Once.: 8% (15 votes)
Never!: 11% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) / Your First Day On A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First Day On A Plane by LiquidMind(m): 3:57pm On Jan 25, 2007
Shyt, My first experience on plan, Wow
it made me feel like am a big bird
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by twinstaiye(m): 4:02pm On Jan 25, 2007
I had never enter a plane before not to talk of flying in one. At my age, I still wonder whether I will ever fly in a plane before my demise. Chances are that, the moment I experience it the first time, it could be a continuous experience.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by kfasian: 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2007
I am 30 now, but it might suprise you guys that i am yet to travell by air.

No cash for such transportation when the find and wonderful hiace busses are everywhere and very cheap too.

Or what do you think, Nigeria is still a difficult place to live in.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by danniecool(m): 8:37pm On Jan 25, 2007
My first time on plane was when i was in my mum's womb, My mum told me i was really kicking hard inside cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by iice(f): 3:39am On Jan 26, 2007
danniecool:

My first time on plane was when i was in my mum's womb, My mum told me i was really kicking hard inside cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin U were excited.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by smalljesus(m): 7:52am On Jan 26, 2007
yo buddy my first day in the plane was nice cos i have not be there b4,but i was like going to meet jesus cos the way is going up and down was like it having wahala with traffek
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by smalljesus(m): 7:54am On Jan 26, 2007
i have many trasit like from thialand to singapore from there to babadous from there to china from there to lagos
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Gamine(f): 1:09pm On Jan 26, 2007
Omo u gast pray for evry

the last tym i flew, itwas a chinese crew in the plane,
A friend commented, 'u better start prayn oh na chinese wey dey fly that plane, evry thing inside is pirated!'
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by niceuzor: 1:29pm On Jan 26, 2007
@Gamine

hahaha, well that's true.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by kheme(m): 2:52pm On Jan 26, 2007
well, my first day on a plane was in KG1. we went on a trip to the airport and (i think) i entered the plane, and sat!

Ok, that was many years back. after that, my first ACTUAL flight was from Abuja to Lagos. Wasn't scared though, cos that was the time planes were "crashing" at lot in nigeria. and REALLY, (maybe weird) i've always wanted to experience a plane crash, of course, not the one i died or sustained severe injuries! lol.

the good part was, that was the first of 4 flights! from Abuja, to Lagos; from Lagos, to Dubai; from Dubai to Istanbul; and finally, from Istanbul, to Ercan. From Dubai to Istanbul was like the best part, i think!

what else can i say, the food was, wel, just something i wasn't used to!

but the cloud views, it was someting else (God is really wonderful, you have to believe me).

the terran view was also something else, seeing the houses, people, traffic, the sea, mountains, its all lovely!

the painful part was, i had no camera to capture ANYTHING! but thank God, now i do! i just have to wait for my next flight, only God knows when that will be! lol!

it's all good!
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Mystique(f): 3:04pm On Jan 26, 2007
I cant really remember my first day on a plane, (cuz i was less than 6 years old), but now, i still have panic attacks during take off and landing,
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Free(f): 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2007
i hate flyin on planes omg
i get sooo scared
expecially when its about to take of, undecided grin grin grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by NiteAngel(m): 10:46pm On Jan 27, 2007
twinstaiye
Fly to Abuja or wherever, you need the experience.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by iice(f): 6:00am On Jan 28, 2007
@Free, for real? I love flying, taking off and landing are the best parts grin grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by toptho(f): 12:53pm On Jan 28, 2007
I cant remember clearly my first time on a plane,but the second time was not so good we were going to jos the food was horrible and the flight was not too smooth
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by HISTY(m): 3:28pm On Jan 28, 2007
my first experience was a little nervous

was on an albarka flight from kano to lagos enroute abuja.

i have subsquently gotten used to it
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Saddam: 4:55pm On Jan 28, 2007
I experienced a hectic hearing disorder during the flight
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by tonitone1(m): 9:50pm On Jan 28, 2007
My first was in 1986, i was in 100 levels, it was the glorious days of Nigeria Airways and with 25% student rebate i think the fare was N75!!, IThe flight was very smooth and i still remember the plane was named Ikogosi(though it crashed later), i was scared but i pretended as if i was reading newspaper, then suddenly the lady sitting by my side tapped me and said you are reading the papers upsidedown!!!, waol i was embarrased and at the point of take off my heart skipped, u know as an engineer i was busy calculating the plane's velocity, the cruise speed and the time i'll get to my destination.

Subsequently i n school when we are broke after closure we troop to the Nigeria Airforce base Makurdi to get a free ride in Hercules c130, in my first adventure, i entered C130 and discovered there was no seats! and trust Nigerians, since its FOC(Free of charge) we were like in a molue, standing, hanging etc, men soldiers are trying, C130 is molue in the air! am sure if ur first time is in C130 you will hate flying for life.

in my career flying was a routine and i can't count how many times i have flown
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by NiteAngel(m): 1:09am On Jan 29, 2007
Toni Tone,

When you know too much about the workings of anything, it becomes difficult to trust.

Since I don't know jack about flying, I simply cast my cares on God and put him in charge of the faculty of the machine and man. Shikenah!

The most turbulent flight I experienced is from NY-CMH, I prayed till I was away from the landing area.

On another occasion the pilot announced while I was starring 9ja in the face "We'd have to remain in the air because the weather is bad and other planes are waiting ahead of us". Go slow even for 9ja air!, I trusted God but subconsciously began to calculate the distance between the aircraft and the ground.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Free(f): 3:05am On Jan 29, 2007
@Free, for real? I love flying, taking off and landing are the best parts

wow iiice , i hate it, hate it, i would rather drive in a car for 30hours than do that undecided undecided
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by dblock(m): 6:55am On Jan 29, 2007
Try taking off and landing on a small aircraft landing at Saddam hussien(Don't know the current name) Airport, Iraq
The planes land vertical because of security requirements grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by dennylove(m): 8:35am On Jan 29, 2007
my first experience was kind of,something else,
i mean ,i was terribly scared, angry shocked lipsrsealed cry crybut now, am USE TO IT wink smiley tongue kiss
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by naijababe2(f): 4:19pm On Jan 29, 2007
[b][/b] my ribs almost came out, from my body. grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by bagoma(f): 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2007
my first time was about 7 years ago, i was excited b4 the trip but hated it immediately cos the minute it started taxiing i became so damned scared.  
once we were airborne i was ok but as soon as i remembered i was thousands of feet above the ground my heart will leap to my throat. i remember looking back at my life and wondering if i had lived right. cheesy
up till now i cant figure out which i hate the most, take-off or landing? my ear drums almost exploded that day.
it still happens everytime, dont know how to deal with the ear thing, nothing seems to work.
now i only fly if i cant avoid it.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Akolawole(m): 10:46pm On Jan 29, 2007
@Baggy

Ear-Drum wahala get no medicine o. grin

@Topic

Mine was some years back.

Sabena Airline, very beautiful plane.

I dont like landing at all.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Healthcpg: 10:51pm On Jan 29, 2007
If you or any of friends or family is a health care professional overseas and wishes to migrate to US for employment, check out this website www.healthcpg.com for Pharmacist, Doctors, Nurses and other health care professionals.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by lalaboi(m): 1:21am On Jan 30, 2007
***shakn head****
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by darlingbas(m): 1:35am On Jan 30, 2007
My first experience was my first trip outa naija in 2003 to bergen norway, it was a lil bit scary but i later got used to it after going on several world tours with a naija artist femi kuti
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by lalaboi(m): 1:44am On Jan 30, 2007
tok a, tok b,

o ma se o
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by bluenubian(f): 1:50am On Jan 30, 2007
ave been flying ever since i was a lil kid, and i loved every moment of it, the food, even tho i cud hardly eat half of what they gave us, the smell, the toilets undecided, the lil tvs, how we always stole the headsets, the magazines, the lil kiddy back packs grin grin twas soo much fun as a kid

the part i hated most, was the London - Lagos flight, damn that flight was hott as hell, plus as the plane would take off, if u looked around everyone was either doing the sign of the cross or speaking in tonguesjus exergerating. kind of made u weary, like the plane was going to crash or something.

then i dint fly for like 5yr till i was 20, and it was a local flight, but damn i was a lil scared every time the plane shook, guess thats what adults go through, they worry about everything, gosh i miss being a kid
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Akolawole(m): 2:06pm On Jan 30, 2007
bluenubian:

the part i hated most, was the London - Lagos flight, damn that flight was hott as hell, plus as the plane would take off, if u looked around everyone was either doing the sign of the cross or speaking in tonguesjus exergerating. kind of made u weary, like the plane was going to crash or something.

Hot as hell?
Can one be hot in that altitude?
I don't understand because its my regular route in fact i flew through it less than 48 hours ago.
That route is one of the most lucrative and one of the safest in Africa.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by bluenubian(f): 6:42pm On Jan 30, 2007
k maybe i exaggerated a lil undecided, but yes its hot before take off compared to other flights I've been on, maybe cause it was always packed and not a seat left untaken. and we flew during the summer in London, the august September flights between London and Lagos were packed with people returning from vacation and kids ready to get back to school, the flight smells of craw fish, dry fish and other naija condiments embarassed embarassed. and cabin crew service was horrible in comparison. i don't think those cabin crew like the assignment they were given. trust me it was one flight i didn't looked forward to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do I Need A Transit Visa To Pass Through UK / Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus / Yuletide: FRSC Opens Enugu-onitsha Highway To Ease Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.