Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,344 members, 7,888,097 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:10 PM

Your First Day On A Plane - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your First Day On A Plane (8921 Views)

Poll: How many times have you been on a flying plane?

More than once.: 79% (141 votes)
Once.: 8% (15 votes)
Never!: 11% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) / Your First Day On A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First Day On A Plane by mukina2: 10:21am On Jun 10, 2007
my first day on a plane embarassed i hate flying . i remembered clinging to my mum so hard, and thinking of all the bad things i had done and if God was going to punish me grin grin

my first day on a helicopter that i can remember wellu wellu shocked when the thing come lean like that, my heart was in my mouth, as soon as we got to the heliport, i find the bathroom fast fast grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by dinozzo(m): 12:11am On Jun 11, 2007
I was very little on my first day can't remember a thing. So i'll give a recount of the one I can remember. It was a flight to the uk via amsterdamĀ  take off fantastic, you can actually feel the power of the plane. The food was nice and watch some sitcoms and all that. I was all smiling feeling happy with myself till we landed at schiphol airport then tory change. I came to the point where the airport security officials were checking passports and all that. They checked mine used a kind of equipment to scan the photo, still they were not satisfied and I was told to follow them to an inner room. On my way there I asked one of the security guys the scores of the arsenal match that was played the night beforeĀ  he told me and asked me whom I liked more between Ruud and Henry( Ruud was still playing for Manu at the time), ofcourse my answer was Henry and he looked a bit disappointed which was natural. They asked me a series of questions not sure whether my passport was a valid one. Stupid piece of shites just because i was nigerian they came to the general conclusion i was carrying a fake passport. I was told to wait and they moved me to another inner room for only God knows how long and one of those officials continued to stare at me. I knew I had to act here because if I continued to remain like ode it will be of no use. I started complaining telling them my passport was a valid one and the picture there matched so what was the problem the guy told me to sit that the problem will be sorted as soon as possible. I told them they could phone the british coucil to verify i wasn't carrying a fake passport. The guy just smiled and gestured to the chair, typical oyibo. Well anyway some minutes later someone came and told me they'll contact the british council in Abuja or lagos as soon as they opened to verify authenticity of the passport, the problem now was that I had already missed my scheduled connecting flight and I stated this angrily to them. This is where I learnt flights from amsterdam to various parts of the uk were like every hour so I shouldn't worry. They called, everything was sorted and they arranged another flight(a very noisy little plane but thank God it was only about a 45 minute flight) offering their sincere apologies. The actual experience on the plane was exciting but this off plane experience spoiled the whole thing.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2007
lol. grin grin grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by ST3V3(m): 3:45am On Nov 01, 2007
My first flight was a domestic flight to & fro Lagos/Abuja. It was fun, as i peeped thru the window, saw the countryside from an aerial view. I was a bit prepared for the take off & landing, as my aunt who was an air hostess gave me a few tips.

longest flight, Lagos to UK with a connection flight in Holland, i enjoyed every bit except the waiting.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by babakura(m): 5:26am On Nov 07, 2007
.My first contact was in 2005 when I was going to school.I enjoyed it but was a little bit scary due to turbulence , It was from Lagos to Jo'burg then Jo'burg to Sydney which was a harrowing experience (11.5 hours over the indian ocean), Was so tired groggy n cranky , Since then ve been enjoying my flights except for unruly fight attendants n co-passengers.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nameless1(m): 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2007
, we wey we nefa enter plane b4 enko, wetin we go talk for this thread?
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by anusule(m): 11:22pm On Nov 07, 2007
nothing . undecided

my 700th post
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by ztyle(m): 11:29pm On May 25, 2008
Wow, its was indeed interestinq cheesy
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by tipsy289(m): 12:17am On May 26, 2008
oh man the first real time i remember was when i was 9.i was excited that night(Lagos to London on BA).
as we entered the plane.my sister and I started fighting because i took the aisle seat and she was in the middle.my mum had to seat in the middle for her to get the other aisle seat.Take-off feeling(not too good) but landing was ok(apart from my ears been blocked)
Funny thing,my junior brother slept in the car b4 we got to MMIA and he woke up in the airport to ask whether we were in London(we just reach departure hall talkless of entering the plane)
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by babycool(f): 12:05pm On May 26, 2008
My first was when i was 14, apart from the fact that i was enthralled by the gigantic sight of the plane, there was no big deal really (i wasn't even scared). Watching the sky at such an altitude was quite exciting, i went with three of my siblings but the youngest (who was about 4 then) gave us a tough time, she was just crying and running about the plane then she spilled someone's tea, it took the grace of God to us to take hold of her and fasten her to a seat; God it was so embarrassing!
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 26, 2008
i was 8 years old when then

and it was from lagos to germany

oh my gawd i saw hell that day,especially when it about takin off

Thank God for my mum,who was right beside me,i tot we were all going to die embarassed sad
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by ty4real(m): 1:19pm On May 26, 2008
I saw the atlantic,and at a point in the altitude my nose was just itching me and I was just sneezing and of course we not much on that flight(virginNigeria)so food was in excess,I ate till I could eat no more grin grin.No fear at all of the plane dropping and stuffs and I sat by the window,saw clouds and small small deserts
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by ayomifull(f): 2:19pm On May 26, 2008
It was a day i will never foget, I actually was inside a flying molue because the take off and the landing left me holding my next sit neighbour like a little girl holds on to her father to avoid falling over a bridge. EAS wasnt an aircraft but a flying molue. That 'coffin' ended up killing all its passangers a month after. The memory of those who perished in that crash remains fresh because i could have been a victim if i had not flown with it a month earlier.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 26, 2008
I remember the date exactly. . August _______ _______.
I was so scared becuz I was going inside this big tall thing. the thing was, I'm scared of heights, so it was really hard for me to look down from the walkway, I felt like I was going to fall down any moment.
Inside the plane, it looked nice enough, TV, but nasty food angry raw fish with lemon and biscuit? yuck.
My seat was next to the plane, but I was scared so I asked my mom if we could switch seats embarassed
I slept most of the ride b/c I also hate motion grin (the plane's movement). . . it was comfortable, but the pillows were hmmmm.
There was barely any Nigerians, like 8 of them sha.
The mumu sitting in front of me kept pushing his/her seat back angry so every time he/she (couldn't tell the diff lipsrsealed) falls asleep, I use my leg to kich his/her chair. grin grin. I was so happy when we got to Paris for our second plane cheesy, better treatment, diff person sitting in front of me. . . and the TV actually worked berra grin cheesy
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by tinkinfela(m): 5:40am On May 28, 2008
it was a memorable day, i was 17 years old and traveling alone, actually that was two years ago. i met my church member at the airport and she was like " first time?, don't be nervous" i was surprised how she got to know. i guess i was tensed up and it was showing on my face.

i prayed for safety and i committed my life to christ again. smiley

it's a dream come true for me.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by 9jerguy(m): 4:43pm On May 28, 2008
My first day on plane was 3years ago,that was my first time travelling to u.k

i think it was lovely and very memeorable
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by 9jerguy(m): 4:56pm On May 28, 2008
My first time on the plane was 3years ago

that was my first time travelling to the u.k

it was lovely and memorable.

But don't you guys think that this sound like an insult to those

who hasn't fly before or who will never have the previledge

(this wasn't an insult) cos not everyone will jamn the opportunity
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by krama(m): 8:38am On May 30, 2008
Hmnnn, let me try and remember. . . be right back!
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Jarus(m): 10:16am On Feb 11, 2009
The flight was very smooth and i still remember the plane was named Ikogosi(though it crashed later), i was scared but i pretended as if i was reading newspaper, then suddenly the lady sitting by my side tapped me and said you are reading the papers upsidedown!!!
ROTFLMAO. . . grin grin grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by drekid(m): 10:37am On Feb 13, 2009
it was aiight, finished all the Whitelabel drink, lol
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by shushu(f): 9:13pm On Feb 13, 2009
I have flown before with my parents at a very young age and i have no memories of it.In my adult life however, i can never forget that flight.Never ever.It was a company sponsored flight to denmark and JJC did not know that it was business class ticket they booked for me until i got to the airport and ent to queu at economy class-the longest line.

When i got to the front at one of those ticketing officers looked at my ticket, the tone of voice changed. I became MADAM.he then stood up and directed me to the business class desk- no queu, at this point i didnt even understand what was happening. I just thought perharps they were diverting passengers to reduce the queue.

Within seconds, i had been checked in, gone through immigration and i was told to go and wait in business class lounge-even at this point, it was still really strange.

One of the airport staff showed me where the lounge was.gbam.that place was marvelous.I sat down for a few minutes opened my laptop and observed other "big men".thats when i realised that all food and drinks were free-i mean everthing.As i dont each much, i took just a few things and coke.

Then we eventually boarded.luxury.too much space.too many gadgets.i couldnt find the tv, didnt know how to recline the chairs low enough. To cut the long story short, i was awake all night, trying out all sorts of things.It was worth it and meeeeen money is good.i can understand it perfectly when people say they cant travel economy and also why people make jokes about the difference in class.

Unfortunately the company never bought me a business class ticket after that day---life

BTW i love taking off and landing
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by SeanT21(f): 10:03pm On Feb 13, 2009
When I was 13 years old leaving Liberia for Ghana then America. It was my cousins,aunties,grandma,brothers and uncles.We where traveling on Ghana Airway and I was so happy.I always wondered what other countries look like because I never ever left Liberia.The plane came late and U know Liberians,We all where rushing to get through the gate when it hit the runway.While on the plane,they brought use Soda and some snacks for food.My cousin Blossom and I ran to the window so we could look outside.When the plane passed over Sierra Leone the Cars looked so tiny like little toys.Ha ha~~Me and my cousin where cracking up.~~When the plane was landing our ears started feeling funny.It was kinda hurting so we all started whining but yet we where anxious to see what Ghana looked like.We stepped of the plane and walked into Kakuma airport.It looked so Beautiful.All I could remember was the lights shinning everywhere.Coming from Liberia back then after so many civil wars,It looked Like HEAVEN!!

~~I will love to visit Ghana one day when I return back to my home in Africa~~
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by danedrol: 2:58pm On Feb 16, 2009
@Groupoint

Its fufilment of scriptures.
In all your ways acknowledge Him.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 12, 2009
Nah! Nah!!! Theres more to these. We're realy learning frm all posted xperiences above so i can be prepared for my coming flights! More xperiences pls. **its d best teacher**
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by omega25red(m): 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2009
i remember being about 6 yrs old when i first got on a plane. I knew we were travelling and i was so excited. I spent the 2 to 3 hours we spent at muritala airport running around every where my dad went i went, i just could not contain my self. I was told that when we finally got on the plane i fell asleep and they couldn't even wake me up to eat until we landed in Switzerland. lol
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 13, 2009
Now thats funny! smiley smiley u were lost from the excitement of the plane.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2009
I think I was like 6 or 7, travelling to Nigeria for the first time. I remember being scared at first but then realised it was no big deal.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 14, 2009
Why is dat most ppl on here had their first xperience when they were either 6 or 7, nw dat is funny, lol
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 4:25am On Mar 15, 2009
brein:

Why is dat most ppl on here had their first xperience when they were either 6 or 7, nw dat is funny, lol

Sorry, not understanding your comment. Are you saying that's early or late
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 15, 2009
Are you saying that's early or late?
nope, not early and not late, jst dat they all seem to fall within same age range!! Was dat suppose 2 be a coup?
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by cedarfresh(m): 11:21am On Apr 16, 2009
Mine was last february and it was fun. I was on a trip to Abuja. I was nervous all through the flight but the old man next to me was helpful. I remeber gripping the armrests during a mild turbulence,he smiled and assured me that all was well. The return flight wasn't different except that i struggled to maintain a calm mien. I hope to fly again soon.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 16, 2009
Uhm!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus / Yuletide: FRSC Opens Enugu-onitsha Highway To Ease Traffic / Lagos Development (Pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.