Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:40 AM

Your First Day On A Plane - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your First Day On A Plane (8907 Views)

Poll: How many times have you been on a flying plane?

More than once.: 79% (141 votes)
Once.: 8% (15 votes)
Never!: 11% (21 votes)
This poll has ended

Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) / Your First Day On A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First Day On A Plane by anusule(m): 10:15pm On Jan 30, 2007
the first time i flew was last year, to u.k and it was my first time on a plane. i was like oh God wat have this oyibos created.
it was massive i mean the plane. take off from mma was like going to space. i was tensed, my heart beats increased. then when we were in the air, i was just reading the psalm 23 in my mind. waz like God make this plane no fall o.
my ear drums were sounding zmmmmmm as if there was an engine inside me,
for the scenes, i saw the deserts and atlantic ocean.
when it was time for landing i said baba ese mo ti dey london.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by teena(f): 4:30pm On Jan 31, 2007
Very Interesting to read this stuff but I have never entered plane before.

I beleive someday, the opportunity will come my way, then I'll come and share my first experience.
wink wink
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by tlo(f): 4:02pm On Feb 01, 2007
my first time, i was to young to have cared, the plane could have twirled a million times, i wld have had no idea.
my first time after a very long time (1990) was in August 2006 and after the disaster we'd been having, it was scary
i went with virgin nigeria cos everyone sticks to the 'airlines' these days, no gambling.
the oyinbos, frequent fliers were relaxed, i on the other hand clutched my bible, devotional et al and was praying internally through out.
anytime the engine went silent i would almost freak out, i thought the plane had stopped working and when we were still in the air 5 minutes longer than i'd calculated i was worried.
when we landed it was a relief
next time i'm stay up all night, the night b4 so i can sleep through the flight oh!!!
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Zebedee(m): 7:28pm On Feb 01, 2007
i had my first experience when i was in my mothers tummy. i guess you can ask the foetus to explain that for you cos i really cant remember grin grin grin grin shocked shocked tongue tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by richylaw(m): 12:31am On Feb 02, 2007
I was pretty close to 30 years old, psalm 35 was my meditational theme from take off, through flight , to landing.
When I no be winntch why I dey fly like this
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by afrikangal(f): 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2007
it was damn interestin all ma people
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by culasi(m): 1:11am On Feb 03, 2007
It was 7 years ago. Klm flight to AMS then had to wait for another 10 hrs to got on another one going to ATL. If was fun but the 10 hrs lay over sucked.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by nic121: 2:03pm On Feb 08, 2007
[color=#000099][/color]
i was about 10 or so, I remember swallowing saliva or the way through to prevent myself from throwing up. But now no big deal.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by anabell(f): 2:51pm On Feb 08, 2007
i was 2yrs old
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by ronnieslimz(f): 1:41pm On Feb 12, 2007
i prayed truout mine reciting lotta psalms, i couldn't take everything i was given cos i felt i'll throw up
the worst part was dat i was on a window seat, i hate d take off and landing part too, the only moment i like is when it is above the clouds its kinda smooth then.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by ucantseeme: 1:43pm On Feb 12, 2007
me i cant remember i was about 10months or so all i kno i gave mumsi wahala for a total of 24hrs of flying
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Creamish(f): 9:21am On Feb 15, 2007
I dont recall flying but my folks say i have, nwayz, always be sure therez no important dignitary aboard dat same flight before flying, cool
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Seun(m): 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2007
I was young and it was a flight from Lagos to Benin City on Okada Air.
I was scared because of the way the plane was constantly shaking in the air, but that was apparently normal.
That was my first and last time on a plane. I'm not planning a trip anytime soon!
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by tamia(f): 6:51pm On Feb 15, 2007
my first time on an airplane was long long long i think i was 7 and we was going to cameroon!
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by domwas2(m): 7:43pm On Feb 15, 2007
Your first time on a plane?
my first time on a plane was 1980's, i lives beside the Muritala Mohammed Airport, ikeja-lagos. so the landing and take off took place in my present whenever i sat at the corridor of our 5 storey building.
At that time,when coming back from school, i & a couple of friends do go to the hanged plane at the airport because some of us had brothers working there and luckily got use to planes. . .
my first flight was when my company transfered me from lagos to abuja, arrangement had to be made to give me flight ticket every month to visit my home. . . so i sat beside my boss and pretending as if i'm use to it, so the man no go say as you big reach you never enter plane b4? undecided until the take off when my brain is like free from something and i kind of saw myself in the sky grin
anyway thank God for company money, Virgin airline no go fall down grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by twinkledew(f): 12:11am On Feb 16, 2007
@my2cent
your storry is interesting. smiley
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Yimsfred(m): 1:22am On Feb 16, 2007
My first flight was from Lagos to Abuja on December 21, 2006 and I must confess it's amazing.
I've been anxious, and during the flight, I was smiling within throughout with the thought:
"HOW CREATIVE COULD MEN BE? FLYING IN MAN-MADE-BIRD AT LAST"
I noticed how the lights (it was a night flight) faded out and how insects (probably cars) with two bright eyes (headlamps) were moving slowly. And for about 40 minutes, it was total darkness outside except for the light from the wing of the plane.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by WesleyanA(f): 1:23am On Feb 16, 2007
it was nauseating but fun nonetheless.
i saw some korean (or japanese?) movie even though i had no clue what was going on. the language was interesting i guess. tongue
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Amobi1(m): 3:29am On Feb 16, 2007
my first day flying was unbelievable. i loved it but one thing i can't stand is the small planes!
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Damest09(f): 3:51am On Feb 16, 2007
--
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by avsnet: 12:09pm On Feb 16, 2007
My first time on a plane, well never prepared for it, was going to the office when my boss asked me to go back and prepared for a trip to Owerri by Air.

I was to go with Virgin, but missed that flight, was told the only available flight then to Owerri is Chachangi. God! I behaved myself, and cos I have this hearing prob. had to stay with a fellow holding the same ticket as mine. We moved and I follow others step.

In the plane proper, I just pick a sit and sat down, but as a curious and observant person, I saw people were looking at their ticket before choosing where to sit, so i looked at mine and discovered I am occupying another passengers seat.

Thank God my seat happened to be by the wing section, so thru the flight the wing was my attention.

Now the fun part, the plane gather speed and the quacking was like that of MOLUE.

After take off, trying to make altitude, the plane was giving cracking sound, and I said to myself God this is truely an experience. And within me I said if you fall I will be among the survivors.

Somewhere around Onitsha and Owerri I could see the little dots of people and houses and I said to myself, If people fall from the top of palmtree and that will be their end, then crashing from a plane is ,

Funnily again I watch the wing to know when we are making altitude or changing direction, it was fun all through.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by avsnet: 12:11pm On Feb 16, 2007
My first time on a plane, well never prepared for it, was going to the office when my boss asked me to go back and prepared for a trip to Owerri by Air.

I was to go with Virgin, but missed that flight, was told the only available flight then to Owerri is Chachangi. God! I behaved myself, and cos I have this hearing prob. had to stay with a fellow holding the same ticket as mine. We moved and I follow others step.

In the plane proper, I just pick a sit and sat down, but as a curious and observant person, I saw people were looking at their ticket before choosing where to sit, so i looked at mine and discovered I am occupying another passengers seat.

Thank God my seat happened to be by the wing section, so thru the flight the wing was my attention.

Now the fun part, the plane gather speed and the quacking was like that of MOLUE.

After take off, trying to make altitude, the plane was giving cracking sound, and I said to myself God this is truely an experience. And within me I said if you fall I will be among the survivors.

Somewhere around Onitsha and Owerri I could see the little dots of people and houses and I said to myself, If people fall from the top of palmtree and that will be their end, then crashing from a plane is ,

Funnily again I watch the wing to know when we are making altitude or changing direction, it was fun all through. I had a nice time and a good babe I met in the plane to crown it.

1 Like

Re: Your First Day On A Plane by segedoo(m): 6:23pm On Feb 16, 2007
was when i went to sweden and JD in 1983.

since then, i never even travel locally by air but i will before 2007's over.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by la1(m): 5:45pm On Feb 19, 2007
Huh, mine was kainda filled with excitement cos that anticipated feeling of being so high up was a "high".
And i just love the view,its awesome.

Havent flown as much as i'd like to, when i have my way, im gonna really globe trot. grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by opensource(m): 1:59pm On Feb 21, 2007
ok at 22 i am yet to get the first time experience if God helps me this year i will write my experience because i am hoping on travelling
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 4:22am On Feb 22, 2007
grin i'm so cracking my ribs here. Flying is fun, take a window seat, take plenty of chewing gum, a book, your ipod or laptop and you are set for the best experience of your life!
Just make sure you are not flying a nigerian air molue.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Gamine(f): 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2007
Lol@Davidylan
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by vickybabe(f): 7:52am On Mar 23, 2007
davidylan is so right,

my first time on a plane was when i was 14, it me and my family, first we didn't know we were leaving that day. we just thought we were gonna go to lagos and come back and prepare, so we arrived in lagos airport like @ 6pm on a friday evening, schedule to take off @ 10pm.
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by dafman(m): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2007
lol @avsnet grin
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Kinsh(f): 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2007
Can't really remember but,,,, am used 2 flying now a Regular customer of Air France n British Airways. Got me a Flying bLuEEEEE cheesy cheesy cheesy[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 29, 2007
my first day on the plane was the worst day in my life:even till date i still dey fear to fly, even if i just finished my period yesterday and i enter plane today my period must come again, my system dey always dabaru and if i have a choice i no go dey fly i will rather go on land,
Re: Your First Day On A Plane by ristic(f): 1:42pm On Mar 30, 2007
i think i was 11 yrs old, i remember then i was ill and i had to be flown from kano to lagos for treatment.i was on medication so i cant really hw the flight went. but i knw i got to lagos in a short time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Costs Of Immigrating Abroad For Nigerians (blunt Reality) / Singapore Work Permit / Your First Travel Experience On A Double-decker Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.