Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,846 members, 7,945,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 02:17 AM

NBA Season 2010/11 - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Season 2010/11 (82456 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / Nba Season '08/09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 11:33pm On Feb 01, 2010
LOL, then I was right. I'm still in diapers(damn! I must be one tough baby grin) and you just started watching the NBA. cool
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 11:44pm On Feb 01, 2010
Lol simply put Ray Ray has been going through a shooting funk, it seems the Celts front office have noticed that the Big Three has become the Big Two and a Half. Rondo has outshone him so far i dunno who retrogressed more this season! Him or Jameer Nelson

The proposed trade would extremely favor the Celts! K.Martin is a talented scorer and Nocioni is versatile and would improve bench pts a lot

The Sixers are one of the dumbest franchises ever! They refuse to give Andre Miller 8mil but can pay Elton Brand 16mil despite the fact that he has not been a factor. They should be trying to offload Brand and not Dalembert.
Oh ma bad he still has three years to go and no team would wish to take that salary

CP3 out for a month or more and just may miss the all star game. Oh well New Orleans fans can always switch to the Saints

Mavs if una like make una lose again oh! Denver don zoom pass already even without Melo
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by doyin13(m): 11:57pm On Feb 01, 2010
Kevin Martin is a talented scorer but his defence is atrocious. The Kings were a lot better
with him injured than on the floor. They lost a lot of intensity and unlike Tyreke Evans who
takes it to the whole, bloody idiot heaves shot after shot after shot starting from the dressing
room. Nocioni would not help either. The team is defensively strong enuff as it is.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 11:58pm On Feb 01, 2010
A-40:

Lol simply put Ray Ray has been going through a shooting funk, it seems the Celts front office have noticed that the Big Three has become the Big Two and a Half. Rondo has outshone him so far i dunno who retrogressed more this season! Him or Jameer Nelson

The proposed trade would extremely favor the Celts! K.Martin is a talented scorer and Nocioni is versatile and would improve bench pts a lot

The Sixers are one of the dumbest franchises ever! They refuse to give Andre Miller 8mil but can pay Elton Brand 16mil despite the fact that he has not been a factor. They should be trying to offload Brand and not Dalembert.
Oh ma bad he still has three years to go and no team would wish to take that salary

CP3 out for a month or more and just may miss the all star game. Oh well New Orleans fans can always switch to the Saints

Mavs if una like make una lose again oh! Denver don zoom pass already even without Melo

I guess the hornets can kiss goodbye to any playoff chances they have undecided.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by na2day2(m): 12:00am On Feb 02, 2010
chiogo:

LOL, then I was right. I'm still in diapers(damn! I must be one tough baby  grin) and you just started watching the NBA.  cool

tough baby, that i have to hand to u, u are but that is the same reason why baby lotion cant smooth that behind of urs. as for when i started, it was actually b4 u were in diapers  tongue tongue tongue
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 12:03am On Feb 02, 2010
na2day?:

tough baby, that i have to hand to u, u are but that is the same reason why baby lotion cant smooth that behind of urs. as for when i started, it was actually b4 u were in diapers  tongue tongue tongue
LMFAO!!! *Death* Na puff-puff, you really should do stand-up.  embarassed cry
Olodo. Tough as in Strong, smart, exceptional. Hey, did you even know what a keyboard was when you were in diapers? I rest my case.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by na2day2(m): 12:08am On Feb 02, 2010
chiogo:

LMFAO!!! *Death* Na puff-puff, you really should do stand-up.  embarassed cry
Olodo. Tough as in Strong, smart, exceptional. Hey, did you even know what a keyboard was when you were in diapers? I rest my case.

didnt know what keyboard was when i was in diapers but sure knew what a key was and what a board was, i guess thats why i have a life outside the internet and u are stuck sucking ur mouse lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 12:10am On Feb 02, 2010
na2day?:

didnt know what keyboard was when i was in diapers but sure knew what a key was and what a board was, i guess thats why i have a life outside the internet and u are stuck sucking your mouse lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Ah, never mind the stand-up thingy. Didn't go hard this time. Not impressed ra raaa. sad
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by na2day2(m): 12:12am On Feb 02, 2010
chiogo:

Ah, never mind the stand-up thingy. Didn't go hard this time. Not impressed ra raaa.  sad

trust me u don't want to hear what was on my mind earlier, u might never speak to me again  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 12:29am On Feb 02, 2010
Is Kevin Durant the next Kobe Bryant? How can a basketballer be such a complete scorer at 21?

@Doyin
How good a defender was Ray Allen before he joined the Celtics? Cos i knew him first with the Bucks and then with Rashad Lewis and the Sonics and aside the first couple of seasons with the latter franchise the last two had the Sonics as the NBA's official charity team dashing teams easy layups and transition baskets. They where one of the worst defences in the league how is this different from K.Mart! Let him go to the Celts! good D is contagious and i'm sure he would catch the virus

Nocioni would help them with rebounding cos the Celts are the worst offensive rebounding (This is Cleveland's edge) team in the league! Nocioni would be a useful add
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 4:31am On Feb 02, 2010
where would nocioni get minutes from? tony allen?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 4:38am On Feb 02, 2010
AM I THE ONLY ONE BEMOANING THE LACK OF QUALITY BIG MEN(CENTERS) IN THE NBA? undecided undecided
I REMEMBER WATCHING THE NBA IN THE 90'S(UNCLE REMEMBERS WATCHING IN THE 80'S) WHEN THE NBA WAS FILLED WITH QUALITY BIG MEN.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by OgidiBoy(m): 4:47am On Feb 02, 2010
chic2pimp:

AM I THE ONLY ONE BEMOANING THE LACK OF QUALITY BIG MEN(CENTERS) IN THE NBA? undecided undecided
I REMEMBER WATCHING THE NBA IN THE 90'S(UNCLE REMEMBERS WATCHING IN THE 80'S) WHEN THE NBA WAS FILLED WITH QUALITY BIG MEN.

Big men are slow, in todays NBA it's about speed. Just like in the NFL were it's all about the wide receivers, gone at the days when the running back was the key.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 6:20am On Feb 02, 2010
OgidiBoy:

Big men are slow, in todays NBA it's about speed. Just like in the NFL were it's all about the wide receivers, gone at the days when the running back was the key.
Nah sorry I ain't buying it. While today's NBA players might be faster and stronger, many of em' lack the basic basketball fundemental skills. Old school Centers woulda revelled in this league.
Many of the current Big men are basically Shaq clone but without the overall play of Shaq. All they do is Dunk. I think someone needs to sit their backside down and make them watch pre 2000 Shaq clips(I believe those were his best years up to 2000/1). Post 2000 shaq just got lazy cuz they was basically no competition.
It reminds of a time when many of the new Guards in the NBA came in as MJ clones. Kobe went to that Phase but thankfully he learnt his lessons(there is only one Michael).
As much as I love Quality Guards(Kobe,Dwade,CP3), I would also like to see quality big men.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2010
With all these "gone are the days" "back in the day" talk . . . lol I wonder how old you fellas are self.

A-40:

Its clear the Celts may need to make a move if they intend to go all the way to another championship and Ray seems to be the sacrificial lamb right now. Thing is shooters like him are streaky, when they're good, they're very good, but when they stink, they really stink. And since he cannot really offer anything else besides offense it makes him a serious liability. It'll be bitter sweet if he gets traded, I like that sucker.

I would be trying to get rid of Dalembert too. The dude is a cancer and does not understand the concept of how a team is supposed to work. Talent will only get you so far, see AI.

hehe Poor Paul, 2 years ago he was the darling of the league ahead of only Lebron.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 4:28pm On Feb 02, 2010
Na2day why are you hustling my girl Chiogo now? grin lol abeg no vex my sister oh, that is one sleeping giant you don't want to wake up grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by na2day2(m): 6:54pm On Feb 02, 2010
JeSoul:

Na2day why are you hustling my girl Chiogo now? grin lol abeg no vex my sister oh, that is one sleeping giant you don't want to wake up grin

i have seen giants and she ain't one of them tongue tongue cool cool
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 10:44pm On Feb 02, 2010
na2day?:

i have seen giants and she ain't one of them  tongue tongue cool cool

take that chiogo  grin

how can leprechaun fans be giants?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 11:03pm On Feb 02, 2010
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

Na puff-puff got jokes, seriously. Eh, na puff-puff this midget is still taller than you. lipsrsealed
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by H2O2: 11:05pm On Feb 02, 2010
The cavs have begun their fantasy thrill ride again.

The same boat that will lead to Lebron not shaking hands after he gets anal-sexed in the playoffs by a stronger "team".
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Fhemmmy: 3:28am On Feb 03, 2010
Cavalier is good, but dont have what it takes to win it all
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 10:11am On Feb 03, 2010
@Jesoul
I think this trade would help y'all a lot i really do. K-Mart is way younger, averages 22pts a night (is a more versatile scorer and doesn't live and die in the perimeter) and 4 rebounds which isn't too shabby and at 6-7 he is quite tall for a guard, if y'all teach him D he should match up well with Jamal Crawford (Celtic killer) Joe Johnson, Vince Carter, Delonte West e.t.c also there would be less reliance on Paul Pierce down the stretch

@Bawo
Nocioni is a swingman! He can play either the 2 or 3 spot so he should get his minutes

@Chic2pimp
Today's game has changed! The rules hardly favor the big guys anymore plus there is more emphasis on speed, getting transition baskets off steals and turnovers! You need athletic nuccas that can spread the floor which is why some teams play 3 guards at certain points in the game! Rebounding that used to be an advantage of big guys isn't anymore! J.Kidd, Lebron, CP3, Rondo have shown that hustle is what counts and not height

P.S: What is wrong with Josh Howard? As a member of the much vaunted draft of 03 He was supposed to be our answer to Lebron, D.Wade, Melo, Bosh e.t.c guess he'll never get there cos he is almost 30 already
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by H2O2: 10:14am On Feb 03, 2010
Paul Pierce has a strained left mid-foot. grin grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 3:58pm On Feb 03, 2010
H2O2:

Paul Pierce has a strained left mid-foot. grin grin
Lol . . . men Celtics cannot catch a break.

But this could be a blessing in disguise. You see what his replacement Tony Allen did? the boy is putting it up. I've been saying it for 2 seasons now, barring injuries, Tony Allen woulda been an All-Star by now.

A-40:

@Jesoul
I think this trade would help y'all a lot i really do. K-Mart is way younger, averages 22pts a night (is a more versatile scorer and doesn't live and die in the perimeter) and 4 rebounds which isn't too shabby and at 6-7 he is quite tall for a guard, if y'all teach him D he should match up well with Jamal Crawford (Celtic killer) Joe Johnson, Vince Carter, Delonte West e.t.c also there would be less reliance on Paul Pierce down the stretch
Ainge laughed off Ray Allen trade rumors yesterday saying management is not going to panic. I kind of agree with him, but something tells me, this squad will not be 100% come playoffs and we will need help to make it to the finals.

P.S: What is wrong with Josh Howard? As a member of the much vaunted draft of 03 He was supposed to be our answer to Lebron, D.Wade, Melo, Bosh e.t.c guess he'll never get there cos he is almost 30 already
Blame it on the weed grin it hasn't allowed him to think straight and put his mind and heart into the game. I know he's had injuries but still, the guy is playing below his potential.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2010
JeSoul:

With all these "gone are the days" "back in the day" talk . . . lol I wonder how old you fellas are self.

Young enough to remember the good ol' days tongue

A-40:

@Chic2pimp
Today's game has changed! The rules hardly favor the big guys anymore plus there is more emphasis on speed, getting transition baskets off steals and turnovers! You need athletic nuccas that can spread the floor which is why some teams play 3 guards at certain points in the game! Rebounding that used to be an advantage of big guys isn't anymore! J.Kidd, Lebron, CP3, Rondo have shown that hustle is what counts and not height
The way Dwight Howard with his limited skill set dominates makes me think that good big men would easily make it in today's NBA. The only reason it seems otherwise is be'coz today's big men are let just say not good enough.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 6:31pm On Feb 03, 2010
JeSoul:

Don't mind them oo, even the ones who started watching yesterday also dey open mouth about "gone are the days" shocked Na wa oo. Wonders shall never end. grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by H2O2: 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2010
Those shoes will be way too big for Tony Allen to fill. As good as he may be.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 6:56pm On Feb 03, 2010
chic2pimp:

Young enough to remember the good ol' days tongue
Lol you sure say you age pass 20?  grin

chiogo:

Don't mind them oo, even the ones who started watching yesterday also dey open mouth about "gone are the days" shocked Na wa oo. Wonders shall never end. grin
Lol  cheesy my sister I wonder myself oh. I just had to ask lol.

H2O2:

Those shoes will be way too big for Tony Allen to fill. As good as he may be.
True TA is not the reincarnation of Paul Pierce but 4/5 seasons ago when Pierce was out for more than half the season, TA was our #1 guy and he filled the role remarkably well enough to garner some attention around the league . . . until he blew out his knee (the first of 2times) and hasn't really come back till this year.

He has the athleticism and attitude, he can be a solid starter - not a superstar - but a solid player.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by H2O2: 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2010
Lol, the Celtics have made a pact with the surgeons. Always blowing out a knee at one time or another.
Your players' injuries will prevent your team from doing damage this year - I guarantee you.

I doubt Tony Allen would be consistent enough or as effective closing out games.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 7:07pm On Feb 03, 2010
H2O2:

Lol, the Celtics have made a pact with the surgeons. Always blowing out a knee at one time or another.
Your players' injuries will prevent your team from doing damage this year - I guarantee you.
May the basketball gods put these kinds of ill-conceived declarations to monumental shame. Let the people say Amen cool.

I doubt Tony Allen would be consistent enough or as effective closing out games.
Dude, he's already shown he has! lol. Apart from injuries that've kept him off the floor.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 7:42pm On Feb 03, 2010
chiogo:

WAKA Comot for Hia Jor!!!!   angry angry tongue

You and your 4"11 self grin pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
JeSoul:

Lol you sure say you age pass 20?  grin
Thunder fire ya mouth tongue grin.

Even if I no age pass 20, I still old pass you grin. However Chiogo nah difference case all together. Be'coz she dey short, she come dey deceive us that she dey young cheesy grin. Mschewwwwwwwwww cool. She reminds of the Nigerian U20 team.  5"4  thirtysomething year olds posing as U20 shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 9:42pm On Feb 03, 2010
5"7 is short? Chic2shrimp, what are you smoking, shrimp?
And yes oo, I'm very old, in fact I fit born you. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (101) (Reply)

The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria / Victor Moses Gets Married To Long Time Partner In Private Ceremony / Nigerian Basketball Female Team Members Are So Beautiful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.