Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,738 members, 7,951,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:07 AM

Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri (9094 Views)

FG's Recovered Loot with CBN — Investigation by Punch / Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP / We’re Identifying Banks, Countries Where Stolen Funds Were Lodged — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by jaybee3(m): 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2009
wirinet:

I am perplexed by all these excuses. Please explain to me how an open and shut case like bribery of an officer, especially if the officer involved is the chief executive office, can be regarded as a hasty move. If Ribadu cannot prosecute a case whereby he was directly involved (and had enough time to prepare), then i wonder which case he can successfully prosecute.

Ibori was immune to prosecution at the time damn it. That's not difficult to understand.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by nduchucks: 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2009
many of una wey dey post here, especially de ibori apologists need to hide una heads in shame.

who cares when ibori was arrested? de question should be, ibori bribe ribadu or e no bribe am?

Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by jaybee3(m): 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2009
Oboma1:

Who is this Ranting Idiot called Jay bee, I know someday, the long arm of the law will catch up with you and your Ribadu. I openly hate all you worshippers of Ribadu. If any is corrupt (even your father), please say it and dont garnish it. I am ashamed of you and the likes out there.
Na real wa oh ma guy. Take am easy oh make ur bloody BP no rise so. jeez.
If you were in Ribadu's shoes would you have rejected the 15million dols bribe?
rubbish
the man did no matter how bad he his so i will always give kudos to him for that.
Like any corrupt nigerian will gladly loose the chance of adding extra 2bn to his/her loot
sometimes you lot just think with ur anus
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by jaybee3(m): 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2009
selingel:

Mr. Jay bee, if you dont carry a Nigerian passport, then you are the worst thing that have happened to that poor nation. I will soon write the UK embassy here about you. Ewu mmeeeeeee!.
u make me laugh on the real though. shior grin grin grin
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by jaybee3(m): 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2009
Enjoyment1:

Mr & Mrs Jay bee and Aisha 2,

I am really disappointed that in 2009, we still have some people like you, with these kind of opinion. It would have been better, you were not computer literate, than for you to be one and cannot move this nation forward. By the way, where has Mr. Jay bee ran to?. If he had facts and figures, let him post them here. I left briefly to my library to fortify myself. Where is everybody in the house? Where have they gone to? All those pro-Ribadu where are you? Show your ugly faces here with your facts. Abeg jare, let me go back to my work, I was on break so I decided to check on Nairalanders. When they are ready, let them call on me. They have my number. grin grin
I don't have any facts/figures but what i have which is basic common sense you obviously seem to lack. just too bad for you. and you ask why Nigeria will keep going backwards
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by oyinda3(f): 5:37pm On Nov 02, 2009
I openly hate all you worshippers of Ribadu. If any is corrupt (even your father), please say it and dont garnish it. I am ashamed of you and the likes out there.

I love how all these thieves hate ribadu so much. of course why won't you hate him. tongue
just beware 'cause he's coming after you next. and he won't accept ur bribe.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by selingel: 5:39pm On Nov 02, 2009
jay bee:

Na real wa oh ma guy. Take am easy oh make your bloody BP no rise so. jeez.
If you were in Ribadu's shoes would you have rejected the 15million dols bribe?
rubbish
the man did no matter how bad he his so i will always give kudos to him for that.
Like any corrupt nigerian will gladly loose the chance of adding extra 2bn to his/her loot
sometimes you lot just think with your anus

I guess what Enjoyment1 is saying from all his postings is that, if any is corrupt, then he should not be spared. If Ribadu is guilty in the course of collecting or not collecting the said money, then, he should not be spared!.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by wirinet(m): 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2009
jay bee:

Ibori was immune to prosecution at the time damn it. That's not difficult to understand.

Was Ibori immune from prosecution between may 30th 2007 to December 12, 2007?

ndu_chucks:

many of una wey dey post here, especially de ibori apologists need to hide una heads in shame.

who cares when ibori was arrested? de question should be,  ibori bribe ribadu or e no bribe am?

Nobody is an Ibori apologist and nobody is exonerating Ibori , the bone of contention is Ribadu's sainthood.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by selingel: 5:41pm On Nov 02, 2009
oyinda.:

I love how all these thieves hate ribadu so much. of course why won't you hate him. tongue
just beware 'cause he's coming after you next. and he won't accept your bribe.

Since Ribadu doesnt have any crime in all these, can you swear in any shrine on his behalf? angry angry angry
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by agabaI23(m): 5:42pm On Nov 02, 2009
FBS

The question you nshould be asking is what has happened to Waziri.

How do you expect a lady that was after Ribadu, saying all sorts of rubbish against him to now coroborate his story that indictthe hench man of the present administration.

I am thinking that may be, I repeat may be Waziri is trying to break loose and probably may be, I say ,ay be, Yar'Dull wants some credibility and finally wants to put Ibori where he belongs. He probably instructed Waziri to rveal what she saw.

Remember the little media exchange between Ibori, Waziri and Andoakaa recently

Media : Ibori's name cleared. He is no longer among the list of corrupt Governors under Investigation
EFCC : No that is not true, his case file is still intact
Ibori : my name has been cleared
EFCC : not true
Andoakaaa : EFCC is making a mnistake, Ibori is cleared. Waziri, you must pay for this

EFCC: Ibori is not cleared.
The bubble may have started bursting. I wish, how I wish . . . . . .
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by jaybee3(m): 5:44pm On Nov 02, 2009
wirinet:

Was Ibori immune from prosecution between may 30th 2007 to December 12, 2007?

Nobody is an Ibori apologist and nobody is exonerating Ibori , the bone of contention is Ribadu's sainthood.  
he wasn't and we all know what happened to ribadu when he arrested his ass.
time frame doesn't matter cos ribadu was trying to nail someone that's shielded by all sort.
initially it was the constitution then he probably had the government indirectly shielding ibori and when he (ribadu) finally had all needed to nail him he got booted out.
Just plain common sense
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by selingel: 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2009
jay bee:

I don't have any facts/figures but what i have which is basic common sense you obviously seem to lack.  just too bad for you. and you ask why Nigeria will keep going backwards

My friend, if you dont have facts and figures, then keep your common sense to yourself, because they don't count in the court of law. Tell your Ribadu to come home and show us his assets declaration form. Is that another common sense?
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by jaybee3(m): 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2009
selingel:

My friend, if you dont have facts and figures, then keep your common sense to yourself, because they don't count in the court of law. Tell your Ribadu to come home and show us his assets declaration form. Is that another common sense?
can you see yourself now, we are talking about a bribe that supposedly occured btw ibori and ribadu and your ass is deviating to ribadu's wealth non declaration case.

na real wa for you.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by oyinda3(f): 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
selingel:

Since Ribadu doesnt have any crime in all these, can you swear in any shrine on his behalf? angry angry angry

ok we hear u, now go siddon and cry for corner.
the guy deposited the 15 MILLION NAIRA bribe with CBN. what else do you want? his head on a platter?  tongue

shrine ko shrine ni.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by selingel: 5:53pm On Nov 02, 2009
jay bee:

can you see yourself now, we are talking about a bribe that supposedly occured btw ibori and ribadu and your ass is deviating to ribadu's wealth non declaration case.

na real wa for you.

My friend, he that wants to fight crime, must first purge himself of any thing incriminating, and even amend any error he has made before embacking on it. Some how, I am beginning to believe that this money issue is a frame up?. Would Ribadu had rejected this money? Time and more revelation will tell!.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by selingel: 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2009
oyinda.:

the guy deposited the 15 MILLION NAIRA bribe with CBN. what else do you want? his head on a platter?  tongue

shrine ko shrine ni.

Where is the document to show?
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by selingel: 5:55pm On Nov 02, 2009
All your opinions here are just common sense as your brother is saying, and baseless.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by wirinet(m): 5:55pm On Nov 02, 2009
jay bee:

he wasn't and we all know what happened to ribadu when he arrested his ass.
time frame doesn't matter cos ribadu was trying to nail someone that's shielded by all sort.
initially it was the constitution then he probably had the government indirectly shielding ibori and when he (ribadu) finally had all needed to nail him he got booted out.
Just plain common sense

Ribadu was not booted out because he arrested Ibori, or else Lamode and Waziri would not have continued the case. He left his duty and got himself involved in high wire politics and he got consumed.

So it was six months later that Ribadu had all he needed for prosecuting Ibori for bribing him?. Besides I thought he boasted that he had a dossier on 32 of the 36 governors, where is it. At least he can let his fan have the dossier, so they can know how much of a good officer he was. i am sure Sahara Reporters would be delighted to publish it.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by Fhemmmy: 5:58pm On Nov 02, 2009
Nice one. . . . Since they have such evidence against the dude, how come it took them this long to react and talk?
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by selingel: 6:01pm On Nov 02, 2009
Let me surprise you, even Ribadu was sighted in Ibori's mansion in Abuja after he left power, more than twice. Why would he now press charges against him after about 7 months. If you follow what Ibori said about him becoming the next IG., then you will begin to put one and one together. I believe, when Ibori refused, he decided to prosecute him. Ibori is a thief, no doubt, but what about Ribadu?
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by Ibime(m): 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2009
@ topic,

So what are we waiting for? Abi, is it Yara'dull protecting Ibori?
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by wirinet(m): 6:09pm On Nov 02, 2009
oyinda.:

the guy deposited the 15 MILLION NAIRA bribe with CBN.  what else do you want? his head on a platter?  tongue

shrine ko shrine ni.

Did he report the case directly to the EFCC (officially, with documents), or the Police or the ICPC, if he did not want to prosecute a case he was involved with?

In what capacity did he deposit the Money in the CBN, in his personal capacity or as an exhibit of the EFCC?

Were other senior members of EFCC aware of the Bribery case,(eg Lamode), because it seems the only people aware of the case is Ibori and him only ( maybe with Andy Uba, His Driver and his assistant).
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by selingel: 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2009
It seems all the Pro-Ribadu have exhausted their bank of falsehood. I am out of here.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by mekuslogan: 6:16pm On Nov 02, 2009
$15 million in cash it will certainly be easy to trace the bank notes from production to deposition---- if they want to. If you find Ibori's finger prints, and other associated findings then we would have an answer.

Is this fingeprinting matter figurative or literaly? If you mean the later, I wonder how that can be achieved given what has transpired with the money? I reserve further comments until your response
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by naijaking1: 9:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
mekuslogan:

Is this fingeprinting matter figurative or literaly? If you mean the later, I wonder how that can be achieved given what has transpired with the money? I reserve further comments until your response

Literaly and figuratively, both. There is no way you can withdraw, carry, and hand over $15 million in cash to someone without leaving foresnsic evidence all over the place. Even if Ibori did not personally touch the money, it could traced to one of his lackeys at that time. This should be FBI case 101. Why are we so focus on the technicalties of these case rather than the substance of it?
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by Oboma1(m): 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2009
[b]Ribadu Can’t Claim Credit For Bode George’s Conviction – ANPP[/b]

By Chibuzor Emejor , Correspondent, Abuja

All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) has described as false, claims by former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nuhu Ribadu, that the jail term handed out to Olabode George by a Lagos High Court was a product of efforts of the commission under his leadership.

George was former Chairman of the Board of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) who was recently convicted over contact splitting by the board during his tenure.

Ribadu had in a statement from his overseas abode claimed that the verdict of Justice Joseph Olubumi Oyewole was as a result of “the long and strained investigation leading to the indictment of Bode George in 2005”.

According to a statement on Sunday by ANPP National Publicity Secretary, Emma Eneukwu, the party believes that Ribadu “should not take glory in this legal victory that he did everything to scuttle as EFCC boss”.

The statement reads in part: “In case Ribadu has forgotten, it was this same case of monumental fraud against Olabode George and his co-travelers in the NPA board that exposed his (Ribadu’s) double standard in the fight against corruption during the regime of his master and political mentor, former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

“Ribadu who then operated like an assassin dog in the hands of Obasanjo, in his war of attrition against his political opponents, used the EFCC to humiliate his master’s perceived enemies, while at the same time, he gave protective cover to the most corrupt Nigerians of that era, such as George.

“Has Ribadu forgotten so soon, that after his investigation indicted George he was made a member of a Presidential Administrative Panel that returned a verdict of innocence on the former NPA boss?”

THESE ARE COMMENTS FROM VIEWERS FROM THE SAME SITE THAT THE STORY CAME FROM UNEDITED:
( 8 comments )

On Mon Nov, 02 2009 01:54 by Darl. Goe
If Ribadu claims credit for Bode George's convinction, he is more corrupt than Bode G. What is he, Ribadu doing overseas, he should come back to Nigeria and defend himself, and explain how much he looted from the Federal Treasury; and how he aided Obasanjo clean Nigerian Treasury in the promise of a high government position.

On Mon Nov, 02 2009 11:55 by engr. maren
Infact, Mallam Ribadu is confused. Has forgoten that he had declared Goerge as a free man. It shows he was selective

On Mon Nov, 02 2009 09:04 by Michael
I hate people who play double standard. Why is Ribadu all of a sudden shouting victimized? But he was in the forefront of wickedly victimizing others before May 2007. I believe that he fought corruption alright but his was VERY selective. It depended on who was corrupt in the eyes of OBJ. Ribadu canonized Bode George and now he is taking credit. I put it to him that if he was still the chairman of EFCC under OBJ, Bode would not have been prosecuted, let alone convicted. Shame on you, Ribadu! Pls know that you lost the respects of millions of Nigerians because of the evils you allowed yourself to do on behalf of OBJ.

On Mon Nov, 02 2009 06:06 by bayo yinka
i was watching ribadu live when he was exonorating Bode george of any embezzlement in NPA Saga. its a pity that he now claim credit. he was only pusuing those that were against his political godfather, obasanjo while he left those that are in support of him. now that the system is not favouring him, he is now making noise abroad. we want people who have credibility to talk. whether they are in power or not.

On Mon Nov, 02 2009 06:00 by bayo yinka
i was watching ribadu live when he was exonorating Bode george of any embezzlement in NPA Saga. its a pity that he now claim credit. he was only pusuing those that were against his political godfather, obasanjo while he left those that are in support of him. now that the system is not favouring him, he is now making noise abroad. we want people who have credibility to talk. whether they are in power or not.

On Mon Nov, 02 2009 04:20 by wole
tell Ribadu to shut up his mouth

On Mon Nov, 02 2009 01:07 by Dense
Lets learn to appreciate some1's effort even if we have issues with the person. Did the present EFCC carryout any investigation on Bode?. If the answer is no, then on whose report was he tried and found guilty-Ribadu

On Sun Nov, 01 2009 06:46 by Aluka, Robert
Now, i truly know that Mallam Nuhu Ribadu is a fraud. How can he claim credit for Bode George? Mallam Nuhu Ribadu stated in one of several interviews he granted that Olabode George was not guilty because he was not handling funds as NPA chairman. Please, why did he not prosecute or hunt Olabode George the way he did to others when he was the EFCC boss?

http://independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=2617
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by SapeleGuy: 9:33pm On Nov 02, 2009
If Ribadu collected the money and banked it - he is guilty because he shouldn't have touched the money in the first place. As a policeman (LOL) and senior civil servant he should know that you can't accept gifts.

I now see why he has replaced umaru dikko in London.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by Oboma1(m): 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2009
That will close the mouths of Ribadu's supporters for some time. I think Ribadu should just shut up!.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by mekuslogan: 9:43pm On Nov 02, 2009
Literaly and figuratively, both. There is no way you can withdraw, carry, and hand over $15 million in cash to someone without leaving foresnsic evidence all over the place. Even if Ibori did not personally touch the money, it could traced to one of his lackeys at that time. This should be FBI case 101. Why are we so focus on the technicalties of these case rather than the substance of it?

Naijaking1,

You need to be smarter than this. The money has passed through many hands and has been counted at the CBN, as reported. This implies that on the currencies, there will be hundreds of fingerprints from different people, both guilty and innocent, each masking (I mean defacing) the other. So you have a mass of useless fingerprints that can not tie you to anything. No reasonable court will look at such evidence because it is messed up evidence. This is simple knowledge in forensic science
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by violent(m): 9:55pm On Nov 02, 2009
Why do people keep asking stupid and dumb questions such as-----"where is the evidence to prove", "why did he lodge the money in CBN", bla bla bla.
Would i because i want to frame someone up decide to lock 15 million naira dollars shocked up with the CBN?
Why dont you ask questions as to where a fat bellied idiot got 15M to bribe another
15 million dollars for bribe15 million dollars, [sub]15 million dollars[/sub]
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by naijaking1: 10:04pm On Nov 02, 2009
mekuslogan:

Naijaking1,

You need to be smarter than this. The money has passed through many hands and has been counted at the CBN, as reported. This implies that on the currencies, there will be hundreds of fingerprints from different people, both guilty and innocent, each masking (I mean defacing) the other. So you have a mass of useless fingerprints that can not tie you to anything. No reasonable court will look at such evidence because it is messed up evidence. This is simple knowledge in forensic science

You want to be literay about this, that's ok. If the FBI is invited into this case, I'm sure they will solve it in 10 seconds. Apart from finger prints, there're other marker on the dollar bill ordinary people don't even know about.
I still think, it's a strong evidence against Ibori, but might have been partially compromised by succeeding EFCC, attorney general, and Yar'dua.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by cre8tivity(f): 10:11pm On Nov 02, 2009
without any question, the evidence is strong and it's against ibori, but the case has been compromised as usual by ribadu's unprofessional ways of operation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gov Aliyu: Nigeria Risks Disintegration By 2015 / Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics / [photos] Meet Sultan Of Brunei's Wealth, The World’s Most Lavish Spender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.