Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,728 members, 7,951,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:48 AM

Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri (9093 Views)

FG's Recovered Loot with CBN — Investigation by Punch / Aregbesola Lodged N35bn Bailout In Fixed Deposit For Profit” - PDP / We’re Identifying Banks, Countries Where Stolen Funds Were Lodged — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by Oboma1(m): 6:28pm On Nov 03, 2009
agabaI23:

You are right on the money. I am not a 19 year old who fazed by money.

Now you are talking as an Agba123-minor which I earlier thought. Your sins are forgiven. tongue
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by agabaI23(m): 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2009
Oboma1:

Now you are talking as an Agba123-minor which I earlier thought. Your sins are forgiven. tongue
You wish
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by Oboma1(m): 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2009
I rest my case Your Honour grin grin grin
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by harmeenut: 6:50pm On Nov 03, 2009
@ Oboma1,
May God bless you. Sometimes when I read some people views of Ibori, I fear for the future of this country.

One thing I av come to gather from all comments, write-ups, blogs, thread about Ribadu is that almost 90% of his supporters agree that he is not a saint but that he is far above Ibori, Yaradua, Igbinedion, Saraki & the rest. In the land of the blind, one-eyed man must be a king.

If people like Ribadu are to be sentenced to prison, then ibori & her cronies must be sentenced to firing squad with immediate alacrity

If you dont understand a posting ask question, instead of creating multiple negative meanings.

There is no multiple negatine meanings in that. The poster is only trying to say (in simple English) is that Ribadu may not be a saint but he far above Ibori & the rest.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by Oboma1(m): 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2009
harmeenut:

@ Oboma1,
There is no multiple negatine meanings in that. The poster is only trying to say (in simple English) is that Ribadu may not be a saint but he far above Ibori & the rest.

Only a mad man will support Ibori, and next to that, will praise Ribadu. There are so many atrocities he swept under the foot mat, so what makes him better. A corrupt man is a corrupt man. Before GOD, sin is sin. There is no small sin, or worst sin.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2009
VOA Hausa? Can't she speak English? Or isn't that the language every Nigerian understand we? If she can infact speak English and went opted for Hausa, then, she and her boss are up to something.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by rasputinn(m): 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2009
I heard there's a new dictionary meaning of convicted thief,out of curiosity,I googled it,then bingo,I got many results,all James Onanefe Ibori
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by rasputinn(m): 8:31pm On Nov 03, 2009
naijaking1:

@rasputinn
Thanks for the article, there's also another one about the chief jusctice of Nigeria Kutigi sending a query to an Asaba judge who wrote a London court seeking to dismiss another case against Ibori and his associates. The Asaba judge had written that he would dismiss the case against Ibori two months before he actually heard from both the prosecutor and defense lawyers.

“I  humbly  submit  that it will   not  be in the interest of   justice  and  fair play    for  the  same  Judge    who  is  yet  to  answer   his  query   on  gross misconduct, to  go on and  preside  over a  case in which he is being seen to have already taken side. In that regard, Justice Awokulehin is no longer competent to adjudicate on the matter, therefore he should be restrained from continuing with the case”. Clark stated

Clark faulted the decision to create the Asaba Division of the Federal High Court for the purpose of trying Ibori. He  said   the  move  is  a  game plan by the Attorney-General, Mr. Aondoakaa to free Ibori  in the  criminal  charges  leveled  against  him.

“I  further submit  to my Honourable   chief  justice   that  the  circumstance   surrounding the creation of Asaba  Division  of  the  Federal High  Court and    the  appointments of the trial Judge are of great concern to our people whose property were looted by  the  accused, Chief James Ibori .

“My lord, our fear is that justice will not be done if the same judge continues to adjudicate on the matter, because despite the judgment of the Kaduna Court of appeal, the trial of some governors is still taking place outside their state.

“My Lord, the purpose of this protest letter is to kindly appeal to you to halt the trial in Asaba and cause the transfer of Justice Awokulehin whose integrity and honour is already in doubt,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/11/03/ibori-clark-wants-trial-judge-changed/
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by lyfe(m): 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2009
Has he been convicted for larceny, Fraud, Money laundering before he became a Governor?

Did He steal money from his state coffer?

Did his mistress pose for photo in court?

Some people are applying unnecessary logic to something as simple as this.
$15,000,000 = N 2,250,000,000.

I doubt if Ribadu is a Nigerian N 2.2 billion shocked. He should even be jailed for not keeping the SHUT UP YOUR MOUTH money.

Test that with Nigerian pastors, I doubt if 20% will pass the test.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by naijaking1: 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2009
Apparently, Ibori had been convicted in a London court before he became a governor in Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by M16: 10:11pm On Nov 03, 2009
Ok.whats all the noise about.
Ibori na thief

Ribadu na thief
1-1

why don't we let them catch the thief whom there is evidence against.

Maybe we don't want that cause the little thief in us wouldn't be happy grin
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by adconline(m): 12:52am On Nov 04, 2009
But why did he recieve the money in the first place? 
What and where is the proof that the money came from Ibori?

Can someone explain this to me?

How should he prove it without taking the money? Even FBI gives  out the money, but its always  marked like the case of US   Congressman from Loiusiana who took bribe to influence a contract in Abuja and Atiku was his accomplice.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by naijaking1: 1:32am On Nov 04, 2009
adconline:

But why did he recieve the money in the first place?
What and where is the proof that the money came from Ibori?

Can someone explain this to me?

How should he prove it without taking the money? Even FBI gives out the money, but its always marked like the case of US Congressman from Loiusiana who took bribe to influence a contract in Abuja and Atiku was his accomplice.

God bless you. That's the point I have been trying to make. The money itself is a very strong evidence, because the dollar bill was redesigned to fight money laundering like this one.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 04, 2009
Ribadu should be igorned because he is a desperate man. If it's true that Ibori bribed him, with that alone, Ibori should have been in jail a long time ago.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by naijaking1: 6:57am On Nov 04, 2009
Don't you see the political hurdle involved in bringing Ibori and other corrupt governors to trial in Nigeria?
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by youngies(m): 2:47pm On Nov 04, 2009
naijaking1:

Don't you see the political hurdle involved in bringing Ibori and other corrupt governors to trial in Nigeria?
You forgot to take a look at the number of posts he has.
They are the same foot soldiers of Ibori with multiple monikers
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by anonimi: 6:33pm On Nov 04, 2009
youngies:

You forgot to take a look at the number of posts he has.
They are the same foot soldiers of Ibori with multiple monikers

thanks for pointing that out.
na dem go tire- all these thief people dem tongue
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by naijaking1: 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2009
Nigeria's problem is deep.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by stede(m): 9:11pm On Nov 04, 2009
may God grant us the right people to lead this country
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by ENEONWO(m): 7:55pm On Nov 06, 2009
My people, its truely unfortunate that many of us look out for the slightest opportunity to cast unnecessary aspersions on prominent Nigerians, even those who should be seen as heroes, owing to their exceptional feats. Why should anyone doubt Ribadu. If he had such a collosal sum to forfeit to the government, Ibori would have been a great ally to him. Please, lets commend they who deserve our commendation. Posterity will judge us all.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by ikennahill: 8:39am On Nov 07, 2009
That money would have made ribadu so rich if he has lodge it in his account and leave Ibori,common sense tell u that ribadu is saying the truth ,he could not have carried such huge money to cbn,but he will have to prove it beyong all reasonable doubt.but common sense show it is a clear case
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by bibiking1(m): 8:45am On Nov 07, 2009
Who's common sense? This is politics my friend
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by Bomi(m): 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2009
It always beat why Nigeria normally ignore main issue and embrace the chaff . The fact here is that it is not Obasanjo that is doing selective punishment (Ibori, 2005) shocked or ethnic cleanse (Urji Kalu, 2005) embarassed or rather on loyalty (Tinubu, 2005) sad. It is clear that Nigeria leaders are corrupt bunch cry. So the spade should be call a spade. This is enough for civil disobedience, enough for the human right to stand up and say enough is enough Nigeria must survive undecided.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by SapeleGuy: 1:35pm On Nov 07, 2009
Let us be honest in this matter, Ribadu is a product of the Nigeria Police Force - a monument of catastrophic corruption in this country as illustrated daily with cashpoints along our roads.

Ribadu is a product of that system, I ask again, is a policeman allowed to collect bribe at all? Whether it was paid months later into CBN is not the issue.
I put it to you that Ribadu couldn't have risen to his position with clean hands.
There is a saying that there is no difference between our armed robbers and police because they both collect money at gunpoint.

Ribadu nah thief, he should not have touched the money at all.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by mrbargains(m): 5:38pm On Nov 08, 2009
I look forward to the day people like Mallam Ribadu will lead Nigeria.He is perhaps the most honest,sincere and patriotic Nigerian I have seen.People like Mallam Ribadu make me proud of being a Nigerian and clearly erode that unfounded stigma most people have about us.
Mallam Ribadu,Comrade Adam Oshiomole and The Current Governor of Lagos.Imagine how Nigeria will turn into in three years if you have these men in charge,instead of what we have had in years.

I love my country very deeply but I am ashamed of our corrupt and evil ways.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by naijaking1: 2:18am On Nov 09, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Let us be honest in this matter, Ribadu is a product of the Nigeria Police Force - a monument of catastrophic corruption in this country as illustrated daily with cashpoints along our roads.

Ribadu is a product of that system, I ask again, is a policeman allowed to collect bribe at all? Whether it was paid months later into CBN is not the issue.
I put it to you that Ribadu couldn't have risen to his position with clean hands.
There is a saying that there is no difference between our armed robbers and police because they both collect money at gunpoint.

Ribadu nah thief, he should not have touched the money at all.

A policeman is not allowed to collect bribe, but he's allowed to collect evidence. He collected the money as evidence, and then notified his superiors. That absolves him of any ill-intention. Ribadu might not have been an angel, but there're very few Nigerians(me and you too) that would have passed up an opportunity to get richer with $15million.
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by rethink: 8:15am On Nov 09, 2009
@post and posters

@The positive minded Nigerian

I want us to bear in mind that Nigeria is filled with people that are praying that the police is ineffective, people have lived on crime for decades and once they see people trying to change they bring the doctrine of no one is perfect.

Dora Akunyili saved Nigerians from death but does that mean she has never sinned before?
Oh watch this thread closely and see what the Secret Apologist of crime say

1) For anyone to arrest a criminal you must have no crime
2) Since everyone is a criminal, crime should go on (NA TODAY SYNDROME)
3) If a police man arrest a man for crime his character must be put on trial also.
4) It is assumed that ALL NIGERIANS ARE CRIMINALS so there must be another motive

No all the above views are NOT the view of all Nigerians there are the view of the Negative minded Nigerians that are categorized by me as

1) The originators The Parasitic Elite, They have various tribes and Nationalities in the grouppings

2) The officials The Technocrat and civil servants, These are the onces that have gone to school to get a degree to work in a government institution to steal money for their Masters the Parasitic Elite.

3) The others are the foot soldiers Or PUNS, people that see others through the color(sound) of the language they speak, human worshippers and money worhsippers Mono tribalist. I call them the scapegoats and the reason why they miust have their people at the Parasitic level so they have a feeling of (i am a yoruba my people are rich , i am an igbo my people are rich etc)

NOW THESE THREE GROUPPINGS ARE THE LOUD NEGATIVE MILLITANT FEW THEY HAVE THEIR VIEWS AND WE MUST RESPECT THEM BUT WE THAT BELIEVE IN THE SALVATION OF NIGERIAN MUST MAKE OUR STATEMENTS AND ACT. WE CANNOT KILL THIS NEGATIVE MILLITANT FEW BUT WE MUST ALINE OURSELVES.

1) Non Parasitic Elite(very difficult to know), people that are ready to loose all for Nigeria(the youths)
2) Technocrats officials civil servants and police men, people that are ready to die and not take any credit
3) The foots soldiers, people that worship morality and brave men acts, non tribalist
4) The new generation nigeria, The youth that would either work for the PARASITIC ELITE OR THE NON PARASITIC ELITE
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by naijaking1: 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2009
@rethink
Very good ideas. Deep thought wink
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by bones1(m): 9:49am On Jun 04, 2010
Ribadu is an HONOURABLE MAN !

End of Discussion !
Re: Ribadu Lodged $15m Ibori’s Bribe With CBN – Waziri by obazman(m): 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
Give Ibori’s $15m to Delta State
If true the money came from Ibori. Y is federal govt still with the money?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Reduces Oil Importers From 128 To 38 / Job Description For Inec Ad- Hoc Staff / Guys I'm In Orlu Now And Today Wasn't Funny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.