Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,677 members, 7,882,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 09:15 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (645195 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 11:18pm On Mar 09, 2010
conda00410:

Hello Doc,
kindly advice,
sometimes 3 weeks ago I observed my urine is accompanied with a painful sensation and hot feeling, I went ahead to consult a medical expert, Ciprofloaxin 500mg was recommended which I took for 2weeks, I observed a whitish discharged on the 4th day of taking the drug, although it was very minute (like a quarter of a drop). I went back to see my Dr to lodge this complain and he advised I go for a urine test, The test result showed no bacterial except for pus which he said was decreasing, 1week after this little colorless discharge persists and I went back to see another Dr in same hospital, after going through my file he recommended doxxycline 100mg with 2injection (don't know the name of the injection). He said I should take the drug for 7 days, this is my 4th day and I can't see a clearance of the discharge.
Kindly counsel on what to do next.

The symptoms you complained of coupled with the whithish penile discharge, strongly indicate urethritis (Inflammation of the urethra). In males, the commonest causes are the STDs caused by Gonococcus +/- Chlamydia. A lot of times, both bacteria are present simultaneously, so if you have been having unprotected s.exual intercourse, that is most likely the cause of your symptoms.

Many laboratory tests done in Nigeria will not detect chlamydia and gonococcus in your urine because, they require a lot of things for them to be cultured.

However, from your second visit, i suspect the injection you received was for the treatment of gonococcal urethritis, while doxycycline was used for treatment of chlamydia, so it is important to complete your treatment as advised by you doctor.

Diseases treated with the right medicine may fail for different reasons, therefore if after completing your treatment, you still have symptoms, you need to go back to your doctor to consider other possibillites.

For more information http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/438091-overview

Also, you have to abstain from s.exual intercourse for now until seven days after successful treatment, so you do ot spread the disease to people who could get you reinfected.

And possible s.exual contacts also need to be screened and maybe treated.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 5:09pm On Mar 10, 2010
daddee, back pain is one of this chronic problems. Depending on your age I would make sure its nothing to worry about. MRI scan will show what is going on, Most of the time its just musculoligamentous pain, which with appropriate exercises (seek good physiotherapist) and posture change might help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 5:12pm On Mar 10, 2010
conda, did the doctor take a sample from you before starting the antibiotics. After the antibiotics all you will get will be sterile cultures. It will be pot luck now what the organism you have is
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by beecrofty(m): 1:51am On Mar 11, 2010
I am a Nocturnal Fellow, Dr. Balogun, how can i alter this pattern??
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by doctorvic1970(m): 4:24am On Mar 11, 2010
JOAS MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIX

[WE ARE AN ULTRAMODERN MEDICAL IMAGING CENTER. WE ARE EXPERTS IN
ULTRASOUND SCAN SERVICES, 3D/4D COLOUR DOPPLER SCAN SERVICES,
X-RAY/RADIOLOGY SERVICES, ECG SERVICES, INFERTILITY SERVICES, HSG
SERVICES, LABORATORY SERVICES,BLOOD BANKING SERVICES , DNA SERVICES, AND
HEALTH CONSULTANCY/COUNSELLING SERVICES]

We are located at
JOAS HOUSE, 2, Okesuna Street, Opposite Synagogue Church Busstop,
Bolorunpelu, Ikotun, Lagos, Nigeria, WestAfrica.

TEL:
+23418112054
+2348023069403
+2348033535729

EMAIL:
info@joasmedical.com
WEBSITE
http://www.joasmedical.com

''Your Caring Partner''
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by conda00410(m): 8:29am On Mar 11, 2010
@Balogun
No the Dr, the urine test was conducted after a week of taken Ciprotab, I guess the anitobiotic might influence the result though, Like I told you I am currently on Doxycycline 100mg and Nitrofurantoin and was counsel to drink more water.

Balogun:

conda, did the doctor take a sample from you before starting the antibiotics. After the antibiotics all you will get will be sterile cultures. It will be pot luck now what the organism you have is
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by winnag: 12:04pm On Mar 11, 2010
Dear Doctor,
I need your assistance. I m married for 2yrs but have a fertility issue. Initial test revealed I had zero count. Subsequently, I have done series of tests including scrotal uss(normal), sperm fructose (positive) and hormonal assay with the ff results;FSH 46.5miulml, LH 27.0miulml, Prolactin 16.0nglml, Testosterone 1.6nglml. The doctor said there is hormone inbalance and that i need to do a testicular biopsy. What do you think. Personally, I feel there should be medications to correct the situation.
Thank you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by daddee: 5:50pm On Mar 11, 2010
Dear doc,

Thank you for the advise. i will go to the hospital tomorrow for the MRI scan. i appreciate your assistance.

My sister (25yrs old) had her third miscarriage two days ago. Could you please advise on what could be the probable cause these miscarriages? She's been married for three years now without any child due to miscarriage. She's been to gynea without any possible solution.

Your candid advise would be greatly appreciate.

Once again, thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AdeRex: 9:09pm On Mar 12, 2010
naijaking1

I have been unbanned!

===================================================================

Naijaking,

Na wa O! You know say doctor P; that you been welcome the other day; dem don ban am! The man help me and my buddy better. You know say this man be fellow American College of Surgeons; Director, Soft tissue Tumors, National Institute of Health (NIH), Bethesda. This man get them to change my visiting buddy’s immigration status within two weeks. Nairaland ban someone like that. He just laugh; eno say anything. Na wa O!

Anyway, welcome back.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sopenz(m): 10:40am On Mar 13, 2010
Doc, am a young man of 21years,my problem is that i still don't have any beards on my jaw,i have hairs on other parts of my body but non on my jaw region!!what do i do?is there any cream or drug i can use to make it grow?waiting in anticipation of your response
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dandollar1: 6:04pm On Mar 13, 2010
Hello Dr.

please, i need your help.

since january, i have been having this severe dizziness,everyday ,always accompained by stomach discomfort and weakness in my arms and legs and fatigue.i always have this throbbing and creeping sensation inside my hands and legs which can be felt say by touch or seen on the skin.anytime this dizziness goes away for say some few hours, i'll experence body pain till it comes back.

the doctor told me my BP was high then in janauary ( 150/100) and that it could be the cause of the dizziness and weaknss.was given some drugs too. i have a digital BP machine which i use to monitor it(don't know how accurate this machine is though), and recently, my BP has been between 132-142/87-97.

plz wat could be wrong.this condition's making my life miserabe
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by atunje(f): 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2010
[Deleted..]
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by olatunjin(m): 2:56pm On Mar 16, 2010
Pls somebody should help me i want to reset my teeth,were can i do it at affordable price? And a dentist told me i have to do xray and refered me to a dentist hospital,but the feel is much.Pls if you have any clue pls you can call me all mail me on 08038565632 or sayhi2noah@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by beecrofty(m): 9:20pm On Mar 16, 2010
sopenz:

Doc, am a young man of 21years,my problem is that i still don't have any beards on my jaw,i have hairs on other parts of my body but non on my jaw region!!what do i do?is there any cream or drug i can use to make it grow?waiting in anticipation of your response

If you do not have beards man, then you should be happy, beards is a lot of trouble. grin grin
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sopenz(m): 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2010
@beecrofty, am i not old enough for the trouble?

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ahsanims(m): 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2010
I have contaminated by a disease from Cats. Firstly i feel vomiting, slow motion and loss of appetite. Then its turn into loss of appetite, blackish stole and feeling something anchoring inside throat and also light cough. Then its turn into pain around kidney, light cough, blackish stole, loss of appetite, loss weight, blackish spot on the skin, skin disease etc. Is there any treatment of this disease? Kindly advise me,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Anchuna: 1:42am On Mar 21, 2010
The highly dependable doctor, I'll need your assistance urgently. Fourteen yrs of battling with malaria parasite no remedy, I've taken all kinds of malaria drugs but no relieve; body weakness and pains is my daily living, anytime I went to the hospital, MP is always diagnose, treatment will be done is just like drinking water. Can you give me the final solution to my problem. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 1:13pm On Mar 21, 2010
ahsanims:

I have contaminated by a disease from Cats. Firstly i feel vomiting, slow motion and loss of appetite. Then its turn into loss of appetite, blackish stole and feeling something anchoring inside throat and also light cough. Then its turn into pain around kidney, light cough, blackish stole, loss of appetite, loss weight, blackish spot on the skin, skin disease etc. Is there any treatment of this disease? Kindly advise me,

Your symptoms do not tie up to any disease i know.

However, if you are convinced that you got infected from our cat, you need to get to a hospital to see a doctor who will ask about your symptoms, do a physical examination on you and possibly some laboratory tests.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 1:20pm On Mar 21, 2010
Anchuna:

The highly dependable doctor, I'll need your assistance urgently. Fourteen yrs of battling with malaria parasite no remedy, I've taken all kinds of malaria drugs but no relieve; body weakness and pains is my daily living, anytime I went to the hospital, MP is always diagnose, treatment will be done is just like drinking water. Can you give me the final solution to my problem. Thanks in anticipation.

We live in a malaria endemic zone, so it will not be surprising for you to have frequent bouts of malaria.

From the information you gave, it sounds like the drugs cure your infection and then, at a later time, you get reinfected.

You need to find ways of avoiding the vectors that transmit the malaria infection - mosquitos.

So, always spray your house with insecticides, keep your doors closed at night.
Wear long sleeve shirts and long pants and socks when you leave your house at night,
use mosquito nets on your windows and around your bed,
Discard stagnant water around your house where mosquitos can breed,
Eat healthy, exercise and avoid stress to increase improve your immunity.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 1:30pm On Mar 21, 2010
sopenz:

From your above statement, i believe you have other signs of male sexual maturity, so there seems to be nothing for you to worry about.

There are drugs that can promote hair growth, but you must be aware of their side effects and efficacy, so that you will not be disappointed.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 1:34pm On Mar 21, 2010
olatunji_n:

Pls somebody should help me i want to reset my teeth,were can i do it at affordable price? And a dentist told me i have to do xray and refered me to a dentist hospital,but the feel is much.Pls if you have any clue pls you can call me all mail me on 08038565632 or sayhi2noah@yahoo.com

You can conduct a research for yourself. Check with dental hospitals in your area and compare their fees. I'm sure that will help with making the best choice.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 1:41pm On Mar 21, 2010
dan_dollar:

Hello Dr.

please, i need your help.

since january, i have been having this severe dizziness,everyday ,always accompained by stomach discomfort and weakness in my arms and legs and fatigue.i always have this throbbing and creeping sensation inside my hands and legs which can be felt say by touch or seen on the skin.anytime this dizziness goes away for say some few hours, i'll experence body pain till it comes back.

the doctor told me my BP was high then in janauary ( 150/100) and that it could be the cause of the dizziness and weaknss.was given some drugs too. i have a digital BP machine which i use to monitor it(don't know how accurate this machine is though), and recently, my BP has been between 132-142/87-97.

plz wat could be wrong.this condition's making my life miserabe

My opinion is that all your symptoms make it very difficult to be able to make a diagnosis. However, it is good to keep your blood pressure within normal limits, so continue taking your BP meds.

I would also suggest that you read up on "somatization disorder" (you can search on google) and see if it applies to you. If you have an insight to what might be wrong with you, you may help your doctor to understand more about your "mixed symptoms"
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2010
winnag:

Dear Doctor,
I need your assistance. I m married for 2yrs but have a fertility issue. Initial test revealed I had zero count. Subsequently, I have done series of tests including scrotal uss(normal), spermatozoa fructose (positive) and hormonal assay with the ff results;FSH 46.5miulml, LH 27.0miulml, Prolactin 16.0nglml, Testosterone 1.6nglml. The doctor said there is hormone inbalance and that i need to do a testicular biopsy. What do you think. Personally, I feel there should be medications to correct the situation.
Thank you

Your high FSH & LH levels and the zero count suggests that your testes are not responding to anything, so a biopsy might be the best way to see exactly what is going on in there. Do you already have kids?

I don't know of any medications that can correct this.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by temite: 2:44pm On Mar 21, 2010
Good day,
i have some questions bothering me,
1. how can i know wether my boyfriend precum?
2. does precum makes one gets pregnant?
3. and after how many days of menstruation can one gets pregnant when one has unprotected sex but no cum?
thanks,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by fame12k(m): 8:27pm On Mar 22, 2010
I had BSc in Anatomy, about running my program in MSc Immunology.

Doctors in the house, pls hw significant is an immunologist in the labour market, really want 2 no my fate after the program.

your comments will be really appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by nowal: 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
Hi Dr.

We have been married for 2 years now and we have been trying all medical solutions without making headway. My wife ovulation cycle had always been 27/28 days until January when she didnt see her menstruation until after 32 days. We even thought she was pregnant but lost it. When we got to the Dr. all he asked was whether she stressed herself to which we answer -ve. now by yesterday after 33 days again, she saw her period and we are deeply worry about this.
Can ovulation be a 32/33 days cycle?
Can there be change in the no of days/cycle & what is the health implication/cause of it?
What do we suggest we do?

Will appreciate your response as well as that of those who had experienced this situation and come out of it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ahsanims(m): 1:32pm On Mar 24, 2010
Dear
What kind of laboratory test need? please explain
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Emeritus153: 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2010
Helo, my problem is that i have been having this yellow colour urine for the past 9 years. I have been to the hospital times without number with no improvement. Now my current problem is that if i sleep for little time and wake up, i wil be very weak and wil nt be able to raise my hands and my legs. If i relax for a while then i will be able to stand but feel all over my body. Pls what is the matter with me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 12:33am On Mar 26, 2010
ziga:

Your symptoms do not tie up to any disease i know.

However, if you are convinced that you got infected from our cat, you need to get to a hospital to see a doctor who will ask about your symptoms, do a physical examination on you and possibly some laboratory tests.

ahsanims:

Dear
What kind of laboratory test need? please explain

You will notice that i first said you should get to a hospital. The reason for this is you need to talk to someone who knows about these things before you do a lab test.

All infections (cats included) involve presence and multiplication of microorganisms in the human body.

The human body is a big place for them to hide, so we need clues that will tell us where these microorganisms may be. these clues might be in your complaint (but in your case, you haven't really given any clues - e.g were you bitten by the cat, did you receive scratches from the cat, or was your food contaminated by the cat)

Clues are also in your physical examination e.g when the doc listens to your chest with a stethoscope, or when he inspects your body for rashes or infected wounds (maybe from the cat)

These clues are very important for the doctor to be able to tell you what lab tests you need to do. Without them, any doctor's hands are tied.

So, if you think you are sick, the first thing you need to do is to see a doctor physically. I'm sorry, but online consultations can't help very much in many instances.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 12:45am On Mar 26, 2010
fame12k:

I had BSc in Anatomy, about running my program in MSc Immunology.

Doctors in the house, pls hw significant is an immunologist in the labour market, really want 2 no my fate after the program.

your comments will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Your training in immunology will be very relevant in teaching/research.

As you may already know, research in Nigeria is very limited for now, but there may be great prospects in the near future. However, your training will make you very relevant as lecturer in many Naija universities.

The remuneration used to be very poor, but recently got better. You must note that this improvement has not stopped the exodus of qualified scientists to other countries where they are better appreciated.

In summary, your training will make you very relevant in "future Nigeria" or if you choose in many other countries of the world.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 12:54am On Mar 26, 2010
temite:

Good day,
i have some questions bothering me,
1. how can i know wether my boyfriend precum?
2. does precum makes one gets pregnant?
3. and after how many days of menstruation can one gets pregnant when one has unprotected intimacy but no come?
thanks,

Question 1 = You can't because it gets mixed up with other body secretions, but that does not mean its not there.
Question 2 = Yes. Precum can contain millions of spermatozoa and of course, you know only 1 is required to do the job.
Question 3 = It depends on your cycle. Different women, have variations in their cycle length which will determine when ovulation occurs. Even without cum, there is precum which can result in pregnancy.

i suggest you do a google search on natural birth control methods.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.