Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 11:25 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (645214 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by browncocos(f): 8:46am On Feb 08, 2010
[quote author=ziga link=topic=3465.msg5470077#msg5470077 date=1265604156]
Spit ups (regurgitation) may be normal in children less than 1 yr old and they are usually a cause for concern for many parents. It may take longer to resolve in babies who are born premature.

Severity of spit ups may be a perception of the parent especially those who have other children that didn't have that problem. So, we must bear in mind that each child is different.

However, severe spit ups may be a sign of gastro esophageal reflux disease and will be associated with excessive crying, irritability, inadequate weight gain, inadequate mental development.

I got an article on gastroesophageal reflux disease that might be helpful.

http://www.parenthood.com/article-topics/baby_spitup_whats_normal_whats_not.html
[quote][/quote]

thanks for the fast reply
excellent article!
i guess my daughter is just a happy spitter afterall
thanks a lot
nice to know am not alone!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 10:58am On Feb 08, 2010
Hi Naijaking1,
Initially when I started with the supplements(June last year) I lost 4 kg, weighing 105 from 109 but recently I checked and found out I've lost an extra 5kg weighing 98kg, it could have dropped more but I must confess it's not easy crontrolling what you need. Those cravings can be hard to control but I'm trying and will lose more weight soon.
Also I've booked an appointment with a doctor for general body check up. The blisters in my mouth continues to show up and I dont know what to do about it. Then, at times when I sleep in the afternoon, my whole body shakes and I wake up suddenly, is this an apnea?
Waiting to hear from you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AngelP1: 7:35pm On Feb 08, 2010
thanks it a great thing to hav a doctor on line dat can answer my question without me going to the hospital u re a God send n i believe u will help alot.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 11:00pm On Feb 08, 2010
adeoyee, there is no problem with you marrying someone of a different blood group. It only matters between mother and potential baby. Usually not the first one. All to do with antigens and antibodies.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 11:05pm On Feb 08, 2010
dicksondonny, most ulcers in stomach these days are thought to have an element of infection with H pylori. If this can be got rid off the ulcers goes. If this is not the case then treat with H2 antagonist or proton pump inhibitors are order of the day. Find out which one is available local to you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 11:08pm On Feb 08, 2010
nedu2u, need to see a gastroenterologist. It might be diet related, could be irritable bowel or some inflammatory cause. Look at the top and bottom with biopsies will give you the answer. Check your diet first before spending money
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 11:14pm On Feb 08, 2010
tooniloba, boils in armpits and other places regularly means you are getting infections in your sebacoeus cysts. Either too much hair around the area making it turn on itself or you are doing something to clog the hole the sebum( oil that keeps your skinfrom drying) comes out from
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sholatech(m): 10:53pm On Feb 09, 2010
@Dr Balogun,
Welcome back.
Pls do you by any chance have any advise based on my post on February 1st on the symptoms im presently experiencing?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 7:00pm On Feb 10, 2010
Sholatech, must have missed out your question. Shoulder blade pain could be what is called referred pain. That is the pain is coming from somewhere else that has same nerve supply as the shoulder blade. Whats your age. Have you tried different sleeping techniques. The was you position your pillow/s in relation to your head might be the problem. I will need to know a bit more about this pain. Does it get better as the day goes on. Anything that triggers the pain. Whats you general posture like
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Madukaele(m): 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2010
can a lady contact infection using water system toilet?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2010
unless the woman is drinking from the toilet!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lizfab(f): 2:35pm On Feb 11, 2010
please sir,
I recently found the result a test my younger sister had and the only thing i understood there was abdominal infection. I asked what it meant but she did not give me any good answer. please what does it mean. I am worried because she is about 5 months pregnant
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by soreola(f): 10:59pm On Feb 11, 2010
Hello doctors, First of all I would like to thanks you guys for takin the time to answer all our questions and concerns,

I have a question, I currently have mucus in my throat that has been buggin me for a while and I was wondering if it affects one's breath when they swallow it and what can be done to get rid of it
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sholatech(m): 3:29am On Feb 12, 2010
DR BALOGUN,
Thanks for the reply!
I am 33 years old, and i keep trying several sleeping positions.
Like i said, it brings feverish headache in the morning and once i leave the bed and move around, the pain disaapears.
Could it be sleeping positions, or some symptom of typhoid fever(which i once had), or symptom of excess sugar?or even stress?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jubaby1(f): 3:17pm On Feb 12, 2010
how can vaginal itching be stopped after 4 days of shaving?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Madukaele(m): 3:21pm On Feb 12, 2010
pls i need urgent answer, can toilet infection cause irregular period in a lady? my girl used to have her period 2nd week of the month but now is the first week, can it be true? Please honest answer needed. She said she got the infection useing water system toilet when she went for holiday.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by emaoke7: 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2010
Please, I like to know if anyone in the house has got an e-book from Duncan Capicchiano on Hepatitis ABC Solution claiming to have a cure for hepatitis B?
Please i urgently need a reply. Thx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by emaoke7: 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2010
Please has anyone gotten an e-book on the cure for hepatitis B? Please help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Madukaele(m): 7:24pm On Feb 13, 2010
emaoke7:

Please has anyone gotten an e-book on the cure for hepatitis B? Please help
how urgent do u need it, i can help. info gbachano@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by edoyad(m): 8:38pm On Feb 13, 2010
An uncle of mine suffered a stroke 3 years ago leaving him weaker on the left side of his body. Recently he complained of malaria of which he was treated, 5 days later He's hardly uttering any words and can't even work at all ? Is he getting worse or will he recover from it ?
He's got diabetes and is in his mid sixties
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 8:44pm On Feb 13, 2010
edoyad, small possibility your uncle might have had another stroke. What sort of stroke did he had. A bleed or a clot
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 8:46pm On Feb 13, 2010
madukaele, women get change in menstrual cycle for different reasons. Stress, change in environment. different medications. list is endless
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2010
lizfab, unless you know what the infection is, it is difficult to advice. Candida albicans would be thrush, e coli could be urinary tract infection. you need to be more specific. Is your sister concerned or is it just you looking out for her
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by edoyad(m): 9:57pm On Feb 13, 2010
@balogun, I believe it was a clot. I was told that The guy was told never to miss a day of a drug called vasopreen.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2010
edoyad, vasopren is a trade name!! Its proper name is enalapril which is an ACE inhibitor used for hypertension. Is your uncle's blood pressure regularly monitored
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by edoyad(m): 12:07am On Feb 14, 2010
@balogun yes he has one of those automatic blood pressure checkers that you year on the wrist. He also has the machine for checking his blood sugar, diabecheck.
@balogun do you think the medication he took for the malaria could have contributed ? He took one of those new artesenuate antimalaria drugs
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by cosd(m): 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2010
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by deemple: 8:40pm On Feb 14, 2010
A cousin of mine has been having severe stomach pains for a long while now. He feels something like worms moving around his lower abdomen and he feels hot in that region too. He has done a series of recommended tests(ultrasound inclusive) and treated ascaris and ulcer all to no avail. Could there be something more to his condition than what the lab can detect? A very sincere medical or otherwise advice is urgently welcome as we have paid so much seeking a lasting solution. Help!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2010
cos d, what do you mean by moderate growth of staph in your body. Which part of your body exactly!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 5:54pm On Feb 15, 2010
deemple, stomach pains don't mean anything to me!! You need to be specific as to which part of the abdomen hurts. upper middle or lower. right left or central. does the pain go anywhere else. does your cousin vomit with this or diarrhoea. as it has been going for some time, it sounds like a chronic problem
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by deluxecad(m): 1:41am On Feb 16, 2010
I think he stated in the post that it's lower ab. Reread, would u?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Krissykriss(m): 3:24am On Feb 16, 2010
Dear doc, i've got this one little sore in the inside of my mouth (close to my gum) which has refused to go for a while now. It wasnt caused by a toothbrush. It heals by itself most times and comes back again! What might be the cause & how can i get a lastin solution to it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.