Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,171 members, 7,939,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (652529 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by idealsico(m): 2:18pm On Jan 07, 2010
Dear Doctor,I was recently diagnosed of Hepatitis C.
Pls I want to know the available methods of treatment.I am a man of 35 years.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking2: 2:46pm On Jan 07, 2010
Apholayhan:

As per the URINALYSIS here is the result

URINE MICROSCOPY REPORT

URINALYSIS

PH: 5.0
Sugar: NIL
Protein: NIL
Nitrite: NIL
Bilirubin: NIL
Blood: NIL
SG: 1.025
Others: NIL

I await your urgent reply.

Thanks for your love and concern.

Note: I later went for UTIs yesterday which I was told the result would be out by tommorow (just curious to know if I dont have kidney infection).
The microscopy part of the result is not yet out, or at least not included in this result. This is the biochemical analysis part, and it seems normal so far. We need the microscopy and culture part. This may take a few days. What medications are you taking now, and what have you taken within the past 2 weeks. Some of these medications can affect the results you get from the lab.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayhan: 3:06pm On Jan 07, 2010
They never told me I should come back for another result, I was only told to coma back tommorow the UTI result cos it do takes 3 days before the result is out.

Anyway, I will have to go back there and ask.

As per the drugs am only on Diclofenac.

In most cases I eat rice even that rice I will be forced to eat it because I dont feel like eating anything.
Just through with De-deon Blood Tonic and now on WATEON yet no sign of recovery.

Can't you place me on any drug for now?
How about the appendicitis, ulcer, colitis, etc. test

Your urgent reply needed.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by neeema: 3:17pm On Jan 07, 2010
Doc in the house

Please what is solution to mouth odour. I discovered that the person's mouth always stink whenever he is just awake and it continues until he brush; So everything seems ok until he sleeps. I know that this is not normal because i sleep too and no odour even if i did not brush.

Can you please prescribe drugs or recommend habit that can cure this. What do you think we can do

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayhan: 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2010
Doc, may you continue to grow in wisdom.

I have went there to asked of the microscopy and the culture part of the test but I was told that if I want the formal and the latter I will have to do another test called URINE MCS.

Yes, I have done it but they said it would take 24Hrs before the result is out, thats Saturday.

Doc, your say is needed urgently please.

Still find it dificult to breathe, bosom and frontal lower rib pain.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking2: 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2010
Apholayhan:

Doc, may you continue to grow in wisdom.
I have went there to asked of the microscopy and the culture part of the test but I was told that if I want the formal and the latter I will have to do another test called URINE MCS.
Yes, I have done it but they said it would take 24Hrs before the result is out, thats Saturday.
Doc, your say is needed urgently please.
Still find it dificult to breathe, bosom and frontal lower rib pain.
Diclofenac is used to treat muscle pain, menstrual cramps, etc, but because it belongs to a class of medications called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, it can cause gastrointestinal bleeding, especially when taken on empty stomach. If you have bleeding, your stool will be dark, bloody, or maroon in color, you will also have the sort of abdominal pain you're describing. Stop this medication for now, because it could cause ulcer. If your pain is relieved or aggrevated by food, then you probably have ulcer.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayhan: 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2010
Doc please what are you insinuating

The pain of the right is unbearable

How do I confirm Ulcer?

Medication pls.

Find it difficult to turn,bend and twist.

What I noticed is that the pain is more severe when I sit unlike standing.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking2: 4:14am On Jan 08, 2010
Apholayhan:

Doc please what are you insinuating

The pain of the right is unbearable

How do I confirm Ulcer?

Medication pls.

Find it difficult to turn,bend and twist.

What I noticed is that the pain is more severe when I sit unlike standing.

Do you have medications like Nexium, Zantac, or Prilosec for ulcer. If you get relief from any of these medications, then it's likely you had ulcer. You could try taking other pain medications that don't cause ulcer like tylenol(paracetamol)
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayhan: 9:49am On Jan 08, 2010
naijaking2:

Do you have medications like Nexium, Zantac, or Prilosec for ulcer. If you get relief from any of these medications, then it's likely you had ulcer. You could try taking other pain medications that don't cause ulcer like tylenol(paracetamol)

Doc, I appreciate all your effort so far on my health. May God turn all your expctation to testimony.

I will go get the Drugs.

How about the PID and Right Sided Corpus? Hope the side effect is not life threatening?

I will be back to paste you when have gotten the Drugs for prescription on how to use it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayan1: 10:13am On Jan 08, 2010
Doc, I appreciate all your effort so far on my health despite the fact that your ID was barred you still went ahead to use another ID, INDEED you are wonderful.

I was barred when trying to quote your post on the medicaton issue.
However, I will go get the Drugs.
How about the PID stuff and the Right Corpus hope is not Life threatening?

Did they barred your second ID?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayan1: 1:49pm On Jan 08, 2010
Doc, you knowI told you that I did UTI before I did the Urinalysis and urine MCS.

I was told to come for the result of the UTI today but when I got there, they told me that I have left before they remember that I have done UTI before so no need of urine mcs again.

In a nutshell, they said UTI and urine mcs are the same.
So instead of loosing the money I paid for urine mcs because it's non refundable. I undergo a test called HVS, something like a pen was inserted into my vagina. The result will take 48HRS.

Attached herewith is the urine result

URINE MCS REPORT

Epith Cells 0-3/hpf
Pus Cells 3-5/hpf
Others NIL

CULTURE: Scanty E Coli Isolated

SENSITIVITY:
Ampicillin: R
Cotrimoxazole: R
Tetracycline: R
Pefloxacin: R
Ofloxacin:+++
Ciprotab:++
Gentamycin: +++
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 2:38am On Jan 09, 2010
^^^^^
I'm happy we're finally coming to some sort of diagnosis. You have urinary tract infection secondary to eschericha coli. Your lab result also shows that the bacteria is likely to be killed by ciprofloxcin group of antibiotics, and gentamycin. I would recommend Levaquine( a type of cipro) 500mg daily by mouth for 7 days. Make sure you're not allergic to cipro. or that type of medication.
We'll talk about this banning issue later.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Odunnu: 8:12am On Jan 09, 2010
I'm in shock!We wont know the extent of rot in our health sector until we get involved!
I sit at d bedside of my broda in law whose been diagnosd of kidney failure at the University teachn Hospital.
Yesterday,we paid N70k for 'flushing' and in d middle of it,guess what,the doctors said d machine stoppd workin!Ds mornin,we are being referrd to another hospital, May God help us!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Odunnu: 8:19am On Jan 09, 2010
I'v askd ds question regularly since last month and I havnt found an answr yet.
What causes Kidney failure?how can one prevent kidney failure?I'm of d sch of tot dat prevention is beta than cure
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by phiriki: 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2010
i av an adult 60yrs plus who recovered from stroke illness now he's having loss of memory, what can solve this challenge , either drug or therapy,pls advice
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2010
[size=18pt]I have been unbanned![/size]

For trying to answer a question posted by a member of this forum, my ID was temporarily banned. I can't explain it, but I suddenly noticed that it was "unbanned" yesterday.
Not only is it very frustrating for me to miss well written responses to patients on this forum, I think the idea of banning my ID simply because I was trying to give a free professional opinion to members is disheartening, and unacceptable if I might add.

I have heard all sort of excuses in the past about how some faceless computer program run by the administrator happens to be the culprit, how nobody really has control over missing posts, and now how somebody programmed the computer to frustrate our effort to help people on this forum. While I understand the administrators efforts at maintaining a civil, virus free, and responsible website, I can't continue to waste my time trying to offer free medical advice when the medium to do so becomes unsuitable.

Now, for everybody who might have contacted the administrator on my behalf, I thank you. For those who posted questions during the ban period, please repost them, I'll try to get to as many of them as possible while I'm off from my official job today.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2010
Naijaking, I am happy for you to give advice as necessary. If however you are encountering problems with getting your advice on, we need to know why. I am taking a bit of a back seat mainly because I feel you give the perfect advice. No point in getting at Dominique as she has nothing to do with it. Does Seun have a view on this!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kenzyma(m): 5:39am On Jan 11, 2010
Naijaking1, i am glad you are back, i cant understand while the administrator ban people like you. Pls dont relent in your service to humanity, i have post waiting your effective responce . God bless you. Amen
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayhan: 1:14pm On Jan 12, 2010
Doc, good day
I would have post all this while but I cant because I was rushed to hospital on saturday, when I started breathing fast and about to collapsed.

I was discharged yesterday evening and given the following drugs

Docyxycline
Gascol
Zantac
Vitamin C
Flagyl
Zanocin

When I was about going home I asked the Doc if my kidney is infected or not, he told me I shouldn't worry that I should just make sure I take my drug regularly.

Concerning all the test I pasted here Doc please is my kidney infected I need to know sad

NB: Have stopped the Levaquin
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by osilekan4u: 1:17pm On Jan 12, 2010
hello doctor in the house your effort will be greatly appreciated for the work well done.Meanwhile the result of my fbs is 5.5. what does this mean though i have not gone to meet my doctor for now.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayhan: 1:18pm On Jan 12, 2010
I will type the result of the HVS later in the day cos am kind if shivering and sweating
Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by neeema: 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2010
Hello good Doc in the house

I really appreciate the way u guys tackle people's health problem for free; its a rare windfall. thanks for the opportunity.

A close friend of mine has this problem of mouth odour. I discovered that the person's mouth always stink whenever he is just awake and this odour continues until he brushes; So everything seems OK until he sleeps. I know that this is not normal because i sleep too and i don't observe such in many people as well.

Please what is the solution to his problem, he feels embarrass whenever he pass night in my place. Can you please prescribe drugs or recommend habit that can cure this. What do you think we can do. thanks once again for your assistance.

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by tammyswits(f): 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2010
What causes brown menstruation?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by player007(m): 10:33pm On Jan 16, 2010
Hey balo 10x 4 being our doctor.plz i hav a coulord teeth what can i use 2 clean it?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 3:12pm On Jan 20, 2010
neeema:

Hello good Doc in the house

I really appreciate the way u guys tackle people's health problem for free; its a rare windfall. thanks for the opportunity.

A close friend of mine has this problem of mouth odour. I discovered that the person's mouth always stink whenever he is just awake and this odour continues until he brushes; So everything seems OK until he sleeps. I know that this is not normal because i sleep too and i don't observe such in many people as well.

Please what is the solution to his problem, he feels embarrass whenever he pass night in my place. Can you please prescribe drugs or recommend habit that can cure this. What do you think we can do. thanks once again for your assistance.

Thanks

There are so many possibilities. but the commonest cause/top of my list will be gum disease/gingivitis due to poor oral hygeine.

Chronic suppurative respiratory diseases or diseases of the GIT can also be causes. ( i don't expect you to understand all this medical jargon)

My point is your friend needs to see a doc/dentist real time, who will ask a couple of questions and then examine him to determine the exact cause of his halitosis (mouth odor)

You can run a google search for yourself on halitosis to get more information.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jaydude(f): 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2010
hi doctor,ild like 2 knw why my mouth is always bitter even when i just treated any illness,ild also like 2 knw if there are any drugs i can take 4 my premenstrual symptoms, d back aches,weakness are terrible, thanks in anticipation of your reply
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Obelomo: 7:05pm On Jan 20, 2010
I know this is a stupid question! How long is it okay to take expired medicine?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jaydude(f): 8:18pm On Jan 20, 2010
@ obelomo no matter wot my question is,i neva asked u so SHUT UP u pig
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Organmii: 7:39am On Jan 21, 2010
Hey! Good mornin,
A friend of mine mother jst die from cancer last saturday, place can anybdy tell me the causes, effect and the prevention.
Thanx
Organmii

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.