Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,703 members, 7,882,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 01:22 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (645232 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 10:23pm On Jan 01, 2010
uti-mayor:

naijaking pls answer me cry, i have been hanging around here for months, i am confused and waiting for you. thanks

If I recall, your question had to with skin discoloration, unusual testicular smell, and sweating?
If your doctor recommended nizoral, I suspect he diagnosed fungal infection. Fungal infections are common in people who have diabetes or who are obese. The problem with skin fungal infection is that it takes a while to be completely eliminated, so be patient and take your medication as prescribed.

The skin around the testicules, genitals, and the anus have special hormonal secretions that give them their characteristic smell. Bacterial colonization also adds to this odor. The skin of these areas have special secretions from around the hair follicles, so it's not unusual to experience intense sweating from under the arm pit, around the anus, and the genitals.
You probably noted the sexual changes that come with age at about 13 years of age. Nothing to worry about.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2010
Hi Docs, Compliments of the season to everyone.
@naijaking1, I want to say a big THANK YOU for your efforts so far. It's been like more than six months and there has been some improvements so far.
On 15th June last year (birthday), I got myself the best birthday gift ever - GNLD's appetite reducer and thermogenic enhancer. It lasted for a month after which I lost 4kg. That was July, thereafter I started my IT and became more physically active. I've lost more weight after then that people are even complaining (their business). I also found out the secret of a great day by not eating by bedtime or eating very less, it at times improves the quality of my sleep.
I take alchohol and when getting drunk I eat but I realised water does the magic so obviously I dont overeat.

Now my case is:
[b]The lower abdomen pain I complained about before, it comes at night when I feel like urinating and dont wake up on time. It's always worse on the right side, though it subsides after I urinate. There are times I also urinate consistently. What can be the cause of this?

I've also been feeling pain on my knees, I read about arthritis and found out how abstaining from certain kinds of foods and drinks suppresses it, I reduced my intake of coca-cola and the pain reduced drastically even though it’s still there.
What can I do about the abdominal pain(I fear kidney failure), knee pain (I don’t want drugs because of side effects), and increase the quality of my sleep?[/b]Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks…
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 9:16pm On Jan 03, 2010
pheesayor:

Hi Docs, Compliments of the season to everyone.
@naijaking1, I want to say a big THANK YOU for your efforts so far. It's been like more than six months and there has been some improvements so far.
On 15th June last year (birthday), I got myself the best birthday gift ever - GNLD's appetite reducer and thermogenic enhancer. It lasted for a month after which I lost 4kg. That was July, thereafter I started my IT and became more physically active. I've lost more weight after then that people are even complaining (their business). I also found out the secret of a great day by not eating by bedtime or eating very less, it at times improves the quality of my sleep.
I take alchohol and when getting drunk I eat but I realised water does the magic so obviously I dont overeat.

Now my case is:
[b]The lower abdomen pain I complained about before, it comes at night when I feel like urinating and dont wake up on time. It's always worse on the right side, though it subsides after I urinate. There are times I also urinate consistently. What can be the cause of this?

I've also been feeling pain on my knees, I read about arthritis and found out how abstaining from certain kinds of foods and drinks suppresses it, I reduced my intake of coca-cola and the pain reduced drastically even though it’s still there.
What can I do about the abdominal pain(I fear kidney failure), knee pain (I don’t want drugs because of side effects), and increase the quality of my sleep?[/b]Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks…

Happy New Year @Pheesaysor
You have continued to be an encouragement and inspiration to all who think that weight loss is impossible. Good job.
Your better feeling, better sleep, and better outlook are all dividends of loosing just a few pounds.
The next task is to determine your ideal body weight, and maintain your weight there.

Pain during urination is most likely urinary tract or even bladder infections. Depending on your age, prostrate problems could also cause the same sensation. Kidney stones could also cause pain on urination, and there are a few other remotely possible causes.
I would recommends that you do a urinalysis and culture, and of course visit your local doctor for a physical exam.

Do you experience more knee pain in the morning or in the evening?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2010
naijaking1:

Happy New Year @Pheesaysor
You have continued to be an encouragement and inspiration to all who think that weight loss is impossible. Good job.
Your better feeling, better sleep, and better outlook are all dividends of loosing just a few pounds.
The next task is to determine your ideal body weight, and maintain your weight there.

Pain during urination is most likely urinary tract or even bladder infections. Depending on your age, prostrate problems could also cause the same sensation. Kidney stones could also cause pain on urination, and there are a few other remotely possible causes.
I would recommends that you do a urinalysis and culture, and of course visit your local doctor for a physical exam.

Do you experience more knee pain in the morning or in the evening?
I experience more knee pain when I sit in a bus, you know commercial buses in Nigeria are always tight

About the urinating pain, after I urinate it goes but there was a time it was persistent and I went for scan but the scan showed no problem. About my age, I'm 23
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ddray: 3:50am On Jan 04, 2010
Sir, am having problem with itching of d body, any time i take my bath and after wiping my body with towel, then d itching will start and am not comfortable with it. pls tell me wat to do, u can reach me on dray58callout@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kenzyma(m): 4:16am On Jan 04, 2010
I need help, there is a kind of movement through my body from the foot which cause discomfort, what should i do to get rid of this?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by skimpyjoy: 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2010
PELVIC SCAN

scan revealed anteverted, non gravid and empty uterus with regular uterine outline border. It measures about 64x53x42mm in longitudinal,tranverse and AP diameter. No fibroid nodules idenified. Both myometrium and endometrium are preserved and normal. The right adnexae is free unilaterally.

However, noted noted at the left adnexae is free moderately defined hypo-echoic oval shaped cystic density measuring about 63x64mm in size. Feature is in line with right-sided corpus luteum cyst. There is a sizeable fluid accumulation noted in the pouch of Douglas. Feature is consistent with PID.

IMPRESSION:

Overall sonographic assessment depicts:

Right-sided corpus luteum cyst

PID

NB: HVS m/c/c exam is encouraged.

Above is the scan I went for and I took the result to the Doc and I was Placed under the following Drugs

Vetrocap
Diclofenac
Secwid
Ampiclox
Ciprotab
Spardum
Genytamycin injection for five days

Am through with drugs and I felt relieved am back home but after a week the pain is back again, my stomach is paining me with abdominal pain and the right side of my stomach, the pain of the right side is even worst and am kind of feeling back pain and am loosing weight fast every day, my right leg is weak and I dont feel like eating anything.

Am sad and tired of this sickness as I heard it can lead to kidney problem

Doc pls help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by osilekan4u: 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2010
Pls doctors in the house i noticed slight changes in my erection and i complained to doctor.I was told to do some  tests which were ok except the urinary test because of the high glucose content it shows(8.0).what do u advise?i was told to redo the glucose test again to confirm the level.can this be the cause?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by skimpyjoy: 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2010
PELVIC SCAN

scan revealed anteverted, non gravid and empty uterus with regular uterine outline border. It measures about 64x53x42mm in longitudinal,tranverse and AP diameter. No fibroid nodules idenified. Both myometrium and endometrium are preserved and normal. The right adnexae is free unilaterally.

However, noted noted at the left adnexae is free moderately defined hypo-echoic oval shaped cystic density measuring about 63x64mm in size. Feature is in line with right-sided corpus luteum cyst. There is a sizeable fluid accumulation noted in the pouch of Douglas. Feature is consistent with PID.

IMPRESSION:

PID

NB: HVS m/c/c exam is encouraged.

Above is the scan I went for and I took the result to the Doc and I was Placed under the following Drugs

Vetrocap
Diclofenac
Secwid
Ampiclox
Ciprotab
Spardum

Am through with drugs and I felt relieved am back home but after a week the pain is back again, my stomach is paining me with abdominal pain and the right side of my stomach, the pain of the right side is even worst and am kind of feeling back pain and am loosing weight fast every day, my right leg is weak and I dont feel like eating anything.

Am sad and tired of this sickness as I heard it can lead to kidney problem

Doc pls help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by estilo(f): 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2010
Doc, pls can you recommend for me where I can do Mammography Test.

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2010
pheesayor:

I experience more knee pain when I sit in a bus, you know commercial buses in Nigeria are always tight

About the urinating pain, after I urinate it goes but there was a time it was persistent and I went for scan but the scan showed no problem. About my age, I'm 23
I hope the molue seat is not breaking your legs. You could try changing position, or even standing up.
The pain maybe due to urinary tract infection, so I would recommend going for urinalysis and possibly culture and sensitivity at your nearest medical lab.

d_dray:

Sir, am having problem with itching of d body, any time i take my bath and after wiping my body with towel, then d itching will start and am not comfortable with it. pls tell me wat to do, u can reach me on dray58callout@yahoo.com
You might have some sort of allergic reaction to the soap, towel, or other things in your environment. You can begin a process of elimination to determine which one.

kenzyma:

I need help, there is a kind of movement through my body from the foot which cause discomfort, what should i do to get rid of this?
You need to be more specific and clear about this symptoms.

osilekan4u:

Pls doctors in the house i noticed slight changes in my erection and i complained to doctor.I was told to do some tests which were ok except the urinary test because of the high glucose content it shows(8.0).what do u advise?i was told to redo the glucose test again to confirm the level.can this be the cause?
You might have a provisional diagnosis of diabetes mellitus, but you need to be fully evaluated to confirm the condition. I recommend a visit to your doctor for fasting blood sugar, and appropriate management strategy.

estilo:

Doc, pls can you recommend for me where I can do Mammography Test.

Thanks
Mammography is highly recommended for women of a certain age bracket, or who discover unusual lumps in their breast. Unfortunately, I don't know any facility in Nigeria, I'm in NYC.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kenzyma(m): 7:53am On Jan 05, 2010
Thank you naijaking1, I did blood & urine test in 2008, result is staphilococus and i was being treated, i feel ok then but after about 4months comes back, so i went to some herb seller "ALAGBO" it will work for some time. Last year (2009) i went to do culture test using semen, it states that i did not have any infection but my viscosity & spam count is low and i was directed to one independent doctor. The doctor collected sample of my blood, urine & faeces, she said i should not worry that i have hook-worm, typoid & malaria, she place me on combantrin then ask me to pay #80,000 i told her the money is much but she stop the treatment. I thouht i can treat this personally but whenever i take combantrin sometin wil be coming from my head down, i have been taking it every week now, i even take Amocilin for the typoid and Coartem for the malaria its a kind of worm-like movement which bring pepperish feeling for some body part, sometime severe headache.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayhan: 10:24am On Jan 05, 2010
PELVIC SCAN

Scan revealed anteverted, non gravid and empty uterus with regular uterine outline border. It measures about 64x53x42mm in longitudinal, transverse and AP diameter. No fibroid nodules identified. Both myometrium and endometrium are preserved and normal. The right adnexae is free unilaterally.

However, noted at the left adnexae is free moderately defined hypo-echoic oval shaped cystic density measuring about 63x64mm in size. Feature is in line with right-sided corpus luteum cyst. There is a sizeable fluid accumulation noted in the pouch of Douglas. Feature is in consistent with PID.

IMPRESSION

PID

NB: HVS m/c/s exam is encouraged.

Above is the scan I went for and I took the result to Doc and I was placed under the following Drugs

Vetrocap
Diclofenac
Secwid
Ampiclox
Ciprotab
Spardum

Am through with the Drugs and I felt relieved and I was discharged but after a week the pains are back again am having pain in my stomach with abdominal pain and the right side of my stomach, the pain of the right side is even worst, am having back and waist pain an am loosing weight fast everyday, from my right shoulder down to the toe is weak and I dont feel like eating everyday.

Right now as I am typing am feeling chest, breast and throat pain and I find it difficult to breathe.

Am sad and tired coz I have spend alot of money yet no cure.

Doc pls help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayhan: 12:37pm On Jan 05, 2010
PELVIC SCAN

Scan revealed anteverted, non gravid and empty uterus with regular uterine outline border. It measures about 64x53x42mm in longitudinal, transverse and AP diameter. No fibroid nodules identified. Both myometrium and endometrium are preserved and normal. The right adnexae is free unilaterally.

However, noted at the left adnexae is free moderately defined hypo-echoic oval shaped cystic density measuring about 63x64mm in size. Feature is in line with right-sided corpus luteum cyst. There is a sizeable fluid accumulation noted in the pouch of Douglas. Feature is in consistent with PID.

IMPRESSION

PID

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayhan: 12:45pm On Jan 05, 2010
Doc,
Can you please check my posts I posted it twice but unfortunately I cant find it, pls help me check so that you can give answers to them.

Its the only post I had, I purposely joined this forum because of this question.
Pls help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dominique(f): 2:24pm On Jan 05, 2010
@Apholayan
i've reported your missing posts to the admin. if it deosnt come up, notify me here
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by buttkick: 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2010
doctor in the house,

for sometime now i experience sharp pain across the frontal lower part of my right rib cage. some times im relieved on application of a balm. it has become more rapid and is now accompanied with painful feeling in the chest area over my heart. pls what is happening?

im male, 40, black, social smoker and drinker for over 12 years, lazy at exercising work12 hours a day and i have a history of low blood pressure.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by osilekan4u: 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2010
You might have a provisional diagnosis of diabetes mellitus, but you need to be fully evaluated to confirm the condition. I recommend a visit to your doctor for fasting blood sugar, and appropriate management strategy.

i have just done the fbs test as precribed by the doctor and ll relate the result to you as soon as possible.pls even if its diabetes millitus what could be the cause and the solution?
[
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2010
Diclofenac
Secwid
Ampiclox
Ciprotab
Spardum

Am thPELVIC SCAN

IMPRESSION

PID

Above is the scan I went for and I took the result to Doc and I was placed under the following Drugs

Vetrocap

rough with the Drugs and I felt relieved and I was discharged but after a week the pains are back again am having pain in my stomach with abdominal pain and the right side of my stomach, the pain of the right side is even worst, am having back and waist pain an am loosing weight fast everyday, from my right shoulder down to the toe is weak and I dont feel like eating everyday.

Right now as I am typing am feeling chest, bosom and throat pain and I find it difficult to breathe.

Am sad and tired coz I have spend alot of money yet no cure.

Doc pls help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking2: 2:44am On Jan 06, 2010
Apholayhan:

Doc,
Can you please check my posts I posted it twice but unfortunately I cant find it, pls help me check so that you can give answers to them.

Its the only post I had, I purposely joined this forum because of this question.
Pls help.

There's a certain sense of urgency here. Have you done a pregnancy test? If not, please do it ASAP, and if it's positive with nothing inside the uterus, I would recommend urgent admission to the hospital.

I have been banned while trying to give you a quick response to this issue, but please take of yourself first, then we can address the admin. later
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayhan: 9:33am On Jan 06, 2010
naijaking2:

There's a certain sense of urgency here. Have you done a pregnancy test? If not, please do it ASAP, and if it's positive with nothing inside the uterus, I would recommend urgent admission to the hospital.

I have been banned while trying to give you a quick response to this issue, but please take of yourself first, then we can address the admin. later

Thanks Doc, but I thought Scan will reaveal if am pregnant or not . Did you see the result of the Scan? it says the uterus is empty, however I am going for the pegnancy test straight away cos you know better than me.
Pls help recheck the scan result and the drugs I took. I will post the pregnancy result immediately its out
Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by buttkick: 11:43am On Jan 06, 2010
doctor in the house,

for sometime now i experience sharp pain across the frontal lower part of my right rib cage. some times im relieved on application of a balm. it has become more rapid and is now accompanied with painful feeling in the chest area over my heart. pls what is happening?

im male, 40, black, social smoker and drinker for over 12 years, lazy at exercising work12 hours a day and i have a history of low blood pressure.

doctor in the house where are you?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking2: 1:15pm On Jan 06, 2010
Apholayhan:

.Thanks Doc, but I thought Scan will reaveal if am pregnant or not . Did you see the result of the Scan? it says the uterus is empty, however I am going for the pegnancy test straight away cos you know better than me.
Pls help recheck the scan result and the drugs I took. I will post the pregnancy result immediately its out
Thanks.

You need the pregnancy test to rule out ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy is implantation of embryo outside the uterus, that's why I have a sense of emergency in your situation. Dr. Kathy, our Ob/Gyne could also make an input on this case.
Your case is the only one I have to use my second login ID, because its urgent, I will have to wait for the administrator or whatever they're called to unban my original ID.
I am sure other people with questions on this forum would understand the need to unban my ID, because I was just trying to answer your question by pasting your original post.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayhan: 2:48pm On Jan 06, 2010
naijaking2:

You need the pregnancy test to rule out ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy is implantation of embryo outside the uterus, that's why I have a sense of emergency in your situation. Dr. Kathy, our Ob/Gyne could also make an input on this case.
Your case is the only one I have to use my second login ID, because its urgent, I will have to wait for the administrator or whatever they're called to unban my original ID.
I am sure other people with questions on this forum would understand the need to unban my ID, because I was just trying to answer your question by pasting your original post.

Thank you for your concern may God reward you abundantly.

Just came back from the Lab and this is the result

LAB REPORT: BLOOD PREGNANCY TEST: NEGATIVE

Await ur reply
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking2: 3:22pm On Jan 06, 2010
Apholayhan:

Thank you for your concern may God reward you abundantly.

Just came back from the Lab and this is the result

LAB REPORT: BLOOD PREGNANCY TEST: NEGATIVE
Await your reply

Your test is good news. We can then focus on other non-emergency causes of your symptoms. Another recommendation would be to be evaluated from a OB/Gyne point of view: Your mentrual cycle, duration and nature of menses, etc.
If your abdominal pain is related to your cycle, then that would be important, if not then we can concentrate on eliminating the pelvic inflammatory disease.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayhan: 6:11pm On Jan 06, 2010
naijaking2:

Your test is good news. We can then focus on other non-emergency causes of your symptoms. Another recommendation would be to be evaluated from a OB/Gyne point of view: Your mentrual cycle, duration and nature of menses, etc.
If your abdominal pain is related to your cycle, then that would be important, if not then we can concentrate on eliminating the pelvic inflammatory disease.

Doc, the Lord is your strength thank you so much.

The abdominal pain is not by any chance related to my menstruation.

A Doc that sat beside me in the Lab said I should go for UTIs when we were chatting and I told her about the midback and frontal lower rib pain. (I haven't gone for it yet just to confirm from you first) but the pain of the latter is unbearable as I found it difficult to breathe down and my lower rib is paining. Yes still having private discharge.

Thanks.
Phola
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking2: 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2010
Apholayhan:

Doc, the Lord is your strength thank you so much.
The abdominal pain is not by any chance related to my menstruation.
A Doc that sat beside me in the Lab said I should go for UTIs when we were chatting and I told her about the midback and frontal lower rib pain. (I haven't gone for it yet just to confirm from you first) but the pain of the latter is unbearable as I found it difficult to breathe down and my lower rib is paining. Yes still having private discharge.

Thanks.
Phola

Now, we're making progress. With negative pregnancy test, no relationship to monthly cycle, we need to focus on urinary tract infection, PID, bladder and kidney infections, kidney stones. I assume you have ruled out other causes of abdominal pain such as appendicitis, ulcer, colitis, etc.
There is one simple test you could do for all these, and it called urinalysis. If the lab is able to perform culture and sensitivity, it would be a plus.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kenzyma(m): 1:50am On Jan 07, 2010
@naijaking1, naijaking2, Dr balogun, pls i need reply to the message posted on Jan 05. Thank you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by buttkick: 8:10am On Jan 07, 2010
doctor in the house,

doctor in the house where are you?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayhan: 10:03am On Jan 07, 2010
naijaking2:

Now, we're making progress. With negative pregnancy test, no relationship to monthly cycle, we need to focus on urinary tract infection, PID, bladder and kidney infections, kidney stones. I assume you have ruled out other causes of abdominal pain such as appendicitis, ulcer, colitis, etc.
There is one simple test you could do for all these, and it called urinalysis. If the lab is able to perform culture and sensitivity, it would be a plus.

Doc may you never know the grave of your siblings.

I have not confirm it (appendicitis,ulcer,colitis), which test can I do to confirm this?

I will go for the URINALYSIS test now and give you the feed back immediately am back.

Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Apholayhan: 2:15pm On Jan 07, 2010
As per the URINALYSIS here is the result

URINE MICROSCOPY REPORT

URINALYSIS

PH: 5.0
Sugar: NIL
Protein: NIL
Nitrite: NIL
Bilirubin: NIL
Blood: NIL
SG: 1.025
Others: NIL

I await your urgent reply.

Thanks for your love and concern.

Note: I later went for UTIs yesterday which I was told the result would be out by tommorow (just curious to know if I dont have kidney infection).

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.