Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,101 members, 7,939,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 05:43 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (652502 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Organmii: 7:45am On Jan 21, 2010
Hey! Good mornin,
A friend of mine mother jst die from cancer last saturday, place can anybdy tell me the causes, effect and the prevention.
Thanx
Organmii
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Obelomo: 6:53pm On Jan 21, 2010
Jaydude I wasn't even talking about u ,for ur info! So u shut ur dutty mouth!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2010
Obelomo and Jaydude, I personally look forward to good medical advice on this thread. Would appreciate if you take your personal feud to another thread.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jaydude(f): 10:11pm On Jan 21, 2010
mr or mrs obelomo , denying?? chicken hearted fool, even a blind man wuld knw who u were referrin 2 , instead of proferrin solutions 2 ur world in d little way u can,u are busy criticising, worthless imp
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jaydude(f): 10:14pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ Balogun,neva intended 2 create a scene on this thread, i simply needed sum medical advice,asked some questions,n instead of gettin a reply,i get insults 4rm sum1 i neva asked a question.is dat fair??
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2010
Organmii, cancer topics will be too vast to cover. What type of cancer did your friend's mother die from. Might make it easier to explain that one. You can have benign and malignant tumours. Malignant ones are the ones that spread.  Causes are called carcinogens. They include things like cigarette, plastics etc. Some tumours have genetic predisposition. Effects depend on where the cancer is. A benign tumour in the brain will cause pressure effect in the brain. Cancer of the ovary might not cause any effect until its too late. Prevention includes avoiding possible carcinogens, hence smoking ban to avoid passive inhalation. People go for screening to try and pick up early cancers. Like I said it is such a vast topic, I cannot cover it at all.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:19pm On Jan 21, 2010
Jaydude, I will look through your question and try to answer it
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:24pm On Jan 21, 2010
Jaydude, regarding the bitter taste in the mouth, what were you treated for. Some medicines make your mouth feel like you are tasting mercury. Antibiotics are notorious for that.
Regarding your premenstrual symptoms, have your haemoglobin checked. If need be try and take iron and vitamins regularly. Most women have certain painkillers that help their backache. Some take anti inflammatory tablets, others take something like paracetamol/codeine. You have to find what suits you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by utimayor(m): 10:52am On Jan 22, 2010
thanks dr.naijaking, i am now trying to be patient with my medication. we have to investigate the rate at which posts and replies get missing in this board, especially yours and the ban issue, i smell a rat here. may be jealousy, hatred or fear of you overpowering some people, let the admins be careful with us here!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jaydude(f): 10:54am On Jan 22, 2010
thanks doc,was treated for typhoid,but d bitter taste lingers long most times after d treatment,im beginning to feel its a permanent thing, ill have my hb checked, i will keep you posted on d results, thanks n God bless
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Justifiedguy: 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2010
Please doc concerning ottis media do u have Any advice.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Obelomo: 7:03pm On Jan 22, 2010
Balogun u forgot my question?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by allycat: 7:59am On Jan 23, 2010
OTITIS MEDIA
The ear is divided into 3 parts the outer, the middle and the inner ear. Otitis media is an infection of the middle ear. The middle ear is a small space usually containing air and some small bones called the ossicles which help to transmit sound from outside to the inner ear. It has a tube connecting it to the back of the nose and is separate from the outer ear by the ear drum.
Otitis media may be Acute if its of short duration and Chronic if of long duration. The acute type is commoner in children and presents with fever, restlessness, pain in the ear which subsides when the ear begins to discharge. The chronic type is characterised by repeated episodes of ear discharge and very little pain or fever unless there is a complication.
Always see an ENT surgeon to asses the ear if it has been going on for a long time because there is a chronic form which is potentially dangerous land can lead to meningitis and brain abscess in some people.
The treatment consists of toiletting the ears, KEEPING THEM DRY, antibiotics which may be directly into the ear or oral or even abscess, the exact type depends on your ENT Drs preference.
Some investigations may be done to asses the extent f the disease and these include ear swabs, Xrays, Ct scans and hearing tests.

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bamboke(f): 10:46am On Jan 23, 2010
Pls I know I should go to d gyneacology section,but I didn't get a response in a long time.

I really want to take in,want to know if it is possible to conceive on the first day of menses.

Its the 30th day now,but no menses yet since last month 25th.

I am still waiting though,but been having cramps for a week now.

Thanks 4 anticipated responses
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by toxy(f): 11:16am On Jan 25, 2010
doctors in d house,please wat is d side effect of primolut N.I WAS PLACED ON DIS DRUGS TO CORRECT MY MENSTRUAL CYCLE BECOS I NORMALLY AV TERRIBLE MENTRUAL PAIN ,WEN I SAY TERRIBLE I MEAN TERRIBLE. NOW AFTER D COMPLETION OF DIS DRUGS MY PERIOD HASNT COME SINE SAT WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO BE D DUE DATE.INITIALLY I WAS PLACED ON FORTWIN INJ AND DICLOFENAC INJ ,WHICH I NORMALLY TAKE EVERY MONTH ,BUT I LATER BECAME SCARED DAT IT MAY AV FUTURE SIDE EFFECT ON ME. SO D DOCTOR PRESCRIBED DIS 4 ME(PRIMOLUT N) HOPE AM STILL ON D TRACK AND NO NEGATIVE EFFECT.UR RESPONSE IS URGENTLY NEEDED.TENKS
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2010
gud day doctor,
I hate it when i hear that sharp noise my stomach makes. even when no body hears it i feel it inside of me, sometimes i cant control it and i end up disgracing my self in public. please how do i help my self?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Fogman(m): 2:12am On Jan 27, 2010
Hello doc, pls i need ur assistance. My cousin suffers from typhoid infection every 2 months or less and we are tired of injections, etc. we re considering taking a vaccine for it, reputed to last 5 yrs. What do you advice.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2010
Hi Doc.

Is it a normal thing for a girl to always experience smelling discharge after sexual intercourse? Can this be related to infection or disease?.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 6:46pm On Jan 27, 2010
idnobleg:

Hi Doc.

Is it a normal thing for a girl to always experience smelling discharge after sexual intercourse? Can this be related to infection or disease?.

First it is not a normal thing for a woman to have any abnormal vaginal discharge or odor.

What you described sounds like a vaginal infectoin. I would guess bacterial vaginosis, but there is no way to be sure unless you see a doctor and have some tests done.

Other possibilities could be one of the sexually transmitted infections.

Bacterial vaginosis is not sexually transmitted. It can happen in women who douch (clean their vagina) with antiseptics, or also in women who have been taking antibiotics. These chemicals kill of some of the protective bacteria in the vagina, and this allows for the overgrowth of other types of bacteria that would normally not be able to grow in there.

So, if you have been using douches, you'll need to stop.

You can read up on bacterial vaginosis by searching on google if that applies to you.

But you will need to see a doctor anyway for a proper diagnosis.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 6:58pm On Jan 27, 2010
Fogman:

Hello doc, pls i need your assistance. My cousin suffers from typhoid infection every 2 months or less and we are tired of injections, etc. we re considering taking a vaccine for it, reputed to last 5 yrs. What do you advice.

Because he has been having typhoid fever frequently, getting vaccinated might be a good idea.

However, you should know that vaccines are not 100% protective, so he needs to avoid getting exposed to typhoid organisms (salmonella spp.) which are present in contaminated water and food.

You can get more information about typhoid vaccines by searching on google.

BTW, i hope these frequent episodes of typhoid fever were diagnosed based on reliable lab tests.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 7:05pm On Jan 27, 2010
bamboke:

Pls I know I should go to d gyneacology section,but I didn't get a response in a long time.

I really want to take in,want to know if it is possible to conceive on the first day of menses.

Its the 30th day now,but no menses yet since last month 25th.

I am still waiting though,but been having cramps for a week now.

Thanks 4 anticipated responses

Pregnancy occurs when the female's egg (ovum) which is released during ovulation (ovulation is approximately 14 days before the begining of the next cycle) is fertilized by the man's sperm cells (spermatozoa).

Even though it is possible, the chances of getting pregnant while having your menses are very slim.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Fogman(m): 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2010
@ziga, yes he goes 4 to lab. Infact abt 8yrs ago had perforation of intestines as a result of typhoid infection. Even a doctor said he is carrier, what that mean i cant comprehend .
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by DicksonDonny(m): 9:38am On Jan 30, 2010
Doc in the house,please a very good friend of mine is suffering from ulcer,i want to know: its there no permanent cure for it,how good does fagament work,its 'bug treatment' a permanent cure? Please i really need a help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by nedu2u(m): 8:59pm On Jan 30, 2010
doctor balogun, i have been having continuos rumbling in my stomach and an unusual frequent stooling for over a year now. i have taken ciprofloxin and flagil but the noise still persist.i have gone for stool test and no bacteria was found. 3 different medical doctors have prescribed different drugs but stii no solution yet. Dr please your advise would be really appreciated as i have noticed am loosing weight.
THANKS.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sholatech(m): 10:30am On Feb 01, 2010
DR in the House,

I have been experiencing pains all over by shoulder blades every morning when i wake up in the past 30days.
Initially, it comes with severe headache and feverish feelings which has stopped. However, the pains in the back at the shoulder region continues.
I had treated fever and flu during this period, albeit on self-medication.
Dont know the cause and how to cure it.
I dont know if its any of these:
a. I had gained some weight in December 2009.Could this be the cause as ive started dropping some weight now.
b. I used to take sleeping tabs to sleep most part of 2009, using either Kalms Sleep or Piriton. I have stopped this since January 1st though and observe i now sleep for seven-10 straight hours now at night and wake up with the shoulder blade pains.
c. Could it be too much sugar in my system?

Any advise/guide will be well appreciated.Thanks a lot!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by adeoyeee(m): 1:06pm On Feb 01, 2010
hello Dr. Balogun,

YOU HAVE A GOOD SPIRIT OOOO. PLS CAN YOU LET ME MORE ABOUT BLOOD GROUP e.g O positive/ native B positve/ native. can opositive married to B positive.

thanks

adeshinapaulity@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 11:49pm On Feb 03, 2010
Apologies to all waiting for replies. I will get round to it all at the weekend. I have just changed jobs and settling. There will have to be a job lot this weekend so all the queries by saturday morning. International rugby game on sunday for me to watch, Scotland vs France at Murrayfield, Edinburgh smiley
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by tooniloba: 2:59pm On Feb 05, 2010
hi Doctor. I have been having boils frequently especially under my armpits and eye lids. The us from the eyelids were cultured which form basis for the medication that was prescribed to me then. Now the boils have resurfaced. I have tried to improve my diet by taking proteinous foods and watch the water i drink. what else can I do ?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by browncocos(f): 7:11pm On Feb 06, 2010
dear doc
i dont know if this is the right place to write this
my baby who is now 6mos old has been having serious spit ups since like 1mos of age
any one i talk to say its just normal
but is it normal to spit up almost 1oz of breast milk after feeding like 4 oz of milk?
its really strange and i dont know what to do
at first i thot she might have a milk allergy or some gastro intestinal issues pls advise

my first 2 kids had regular spit ups as infants

p.s i make sure i burp her for about 15mins every time i feed her
and i dont put her in a lying position for about an hour after eating
do i need to be worried about anything?
expecting a reply soon thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 5:42am On Feb 08, 2010
browncocos:

dear doc
i dont know if this is the right place to write this
my baby who is now 6mos old has been having serious spit ups since like 1mos of age
any one i talk to say its just normal
but is it normal to spit up almost 1oz of bosom milk after feeding like 4 oz of milk?
its really strange and i dont know what to do
at first i thot she might have a milk allergy or some gastro intestinal issues pls advise

my first 2 kids had regular spit ups as infants

p.s i make sure i burp her for about 15mins every time i feed her
and i dont put her in a lying position for about an hour after eating
do i need to be worried about anything?
expecting a reply soon thanks

Spit ups (regurgitation) may be normal in children less than 1 yr old and they are usually a cause for concern for many parents. It may take longer to resolve in babies who are born premature.

Severity of spit ups may be a perception of the parent especially those who have other children that didn't have that problem. So, we must bear in mind that each child is different.

However, severe spit ups may be a sign of gastro esophageal reflux disease and will be associated with excessive crying, irritability, inadequate weight gain, inadequate mental development.

I got an article on gastroesophageal reflux disease that might be helpful.

http://www.parenthood.com/article-topics/baby_spitup_whats_normal_whats_not.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.