Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,432 members, 7,911,072 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 01:25 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (784020 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by charleskay(m): 2:18am On Jun 16, 2010
guys am really impressed and i must say kudos to wip4 and every other person that has contribute to this thread. I JUST APPLIED FOR ADMISSION IN CIU AND WAITING THEIR LETA TO KICK START THE WHOLE PROCESSING. what i really need tips on, is hw to get the visa easily>>> like hw much is required of the guarantor account and what other things will i need to have for visa clearance and what is the standard of living in north cyprus nw and can one really sustain well when finally there. thanks a million all`ya
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 8:13am On Jun 16, 2010
night-life,

fill the attached scholarship form and send it back to them imedtly. the least entry scholarship you will have is 25% discount from your fee. if your olevel is very nice and you had achieved some other special thing then you can have btwn 25%-100% scholarship. last semester about 3 Nigerians got 100% scholarship, so dont wait till you reach EMU fill and return. scan a copy to me i shall take it up for you.

about your visa , you live at Abuja, you dont bother yourself, how many times do i want to tell you that YOU WILL BE GRANTED 1 MONTH VISA , your skool resumes sept. if you are bin granted visa now WONT IT EXPIRE B4 YOU GO? see let me tell you cyprus is not a place you rush into or any othere country outside Nigeria, dont do mistake or rush to leave, is better to do your homework well b4 you leave naija. from August you can expect interview from the embassy.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 8:28am On Jun 16, 2010
charleskay,

it is better to obtain your admission letter first then start on Visa. these are two diffrent things. after you get your admission , pay the fees as quoted on your letter and get confirmation to go embassy then chek turkish embassy website for your visa stuffs. is good to follow things accordingly. STANDARD OF LIVING IN NORTH CYPRUS is not high compared to other european countries or similar countries but higher than Nigeria due to higher currency of Cyprus. North cyprus spend Turkish Lira which is 110 Naira according to present exchange rate. so eatin at a small cafe can be like 6tl which is 660Naira, to barb your hair like 10tl which is 1100naira, taxi least charge is 5tl which is 550Naira, so most things ranges in that order. in cyprus if you live outside skool, YOU NEED TO PAY FOR LITE AND WATER BILLS, utility bills inshort , not like Nigeria you can tap lite, so be ready for that, it is a small island but well organised . Nigeria economy is higher than cyprus but No organization, but in cyprus they obey rules and regulations, police dont collect bribe, you hardly find a place to do OLUWOLE DOCUMeNTS, if you smoke ganja, you go to jail, you cant fight sombody, Nothing like strikes, the lecturers dont victimised students and dont make things so diifucult as most Nigerian proffessor do. so things work in cyprus is not an heaven where you make billions of dollars like many things there are billions of dollars on OYINBO street to make as if Oyinbo no like money. Most of these european countries you see ,Nigeria if organised and the citizens obey rules and regulations, are creative, the government is sensible and respect the ctizens CANNOT match Nigeria. but the reverse is our case. but each one of us shoul try to be the ELEMENT of CHANGE will yarn for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Cyprus by charleskay(m): 3:20pm On Jun 16, 2010
Thanks man i really appreciate your concern. i am more concerned abt my academic and then work to get small cash.  i will love it if we can meet on yahoo messenger here is my ID, i also heard that CIU is only going to admit 1300 students this year.  thanks man,  u re GREAT.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2010
charleskay,

You are welcome. how many students do CIU admit b4? I dont agree CIU has admitted upto 1000 students in year b4 and if they had what has the number got to do with you? And as far i as i know, No university in Cyprus has limit to number of students they admit they live on students money and CIU will really need your money than anybody cos is a private institution, without your money how will they pay staffs, and smile to the bank? it is only university or school that has goverment financial support that can has such claims, since they will be able to pay staffs from funding from Government.
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2006(m): 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2010
@wip, wats up now bruv? y u no longer
come on yahoo messanger and u know we
need talk much dis time around

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2010
suxes2006,

cos am busy now on research and hardly have time to chat , i only reply some mails or query , i need to finish my work and most queries has bin directed to my manager on YIM for now, i have enuf msg not replied to since now but will be tru soon. hope u are good.
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2006(m): 7:09pm On Jun 16, 2010
@wip

Tnx bro, yeah i am gud only
some kinda challenge as per d stuff
i told u i was doing.

No qualms, face ur research and come out in good
flying colours so dat we wud b proud of u bro

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by smolelekan: 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2010
Is it possible i pay my tution fee through my savings account ? I was told i can do so but i just want to confirm.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2010
suxes 2006,
no wala as soon as am done i shall get to you. God will see you tru. thanks for understanding.

@ smolelekn,

Tuition fee to where? LASU or GOVERNMENT HIGH SCHOOL or where? if is within Nigeria you can anywhay you like it dependin on the payment mode by the school. if is abroad then you will need a Dorm account. so open one or get your bank to do that for you.
Re: North Cyprus by smolelekan: 11:54pm On Jun 16, 2010
grin , sorry i did not explain better, i just got my conditional letter from EUL and someone told me it's possible i can pay my tuition fee through my first bank bank savings acct, i was told all i have to do is too credit my acct and i will fill a form and i will ask first bank to debit my bank acct, i really want to make sure if it's possible that is why i am asking because the person told me it will only take 2 - 3 days and i will also be paying with the central bank rate ,
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 8:33am On Jun 17, 2010
smoelkan,

you better go your bank and ask them. almost evrybody here are ACADEMICIANS, TRAVELLERS, TOURISTS, AGENTS, SCAMMERS, YAHOO YAHOO MEMBERS etc such kind of question can best be answered by your bank , Go to your bank they will tell you what to do.
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2006(m): 8:39am On Jun 17, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thats true bro.

No qualms of course i do understand
kinda havin some probs wit palleting and
starter plus finisher

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 21, 2010
Pls hope it's not wrong printing statement of ac a month b4 going 2 d embassy cox ma sponsor is travellin?
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 9:50am On Jun 21, 2010
13. Original “personal” bank statement for the last three months of the sponsor together with original approval/reference letter from the bank branch manager

NOTE: Students who will study in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus are issued one-month valid transit visas.
[b][/b]
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2010
@ charles why not poceed wt d ciu stuff as am a prospectiv student n hope 2 resume in sep. I av recivd ma unconditional letter. seems we've gat same insight education first before jobs n scholarships. all u need is to pay thru ur dom ac I did mine tru ma dad's gtb ac
Re: North Cyprus by smolelekan: 10:44pm On Jun 22, 2010
@Wip4 , pls can you tell me how much it will cost to get a flight through turk air to ercan ?
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 11:31pm On Jun 22, 2010
smolelekan,

i cant tell you Flight fare becos i dont work with AIRLINES and SECONDLY am not in Nigeria if you are flying from Nigeria and i am Not a wizard to know which country you are at the moment.
Go to the Airports in Nigeria or where ever country you are and ask about that, when you get to airpot you will definatly see alot of airlines traveling to ERCAN and ASk them. There are some question you dont need to ask on this thread and lastly you will need to obain your visa b4 flying to ERCAN and flight fee should be the last. things should move according to steps.
Re: North Cyprus by smolelekan: 11:54pm On Jun 22, 2010
shocked NA Naija i dey, I just want to confirm the amt because i have checked the turk air website it cost 1917 dollars and a thread here on nairaland someone posted 190k nigeria nairas, I just want to confirm , sorry if my ques sounds stupid , me just won know every so i can tell my parents .
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 11:14am On Jun 23, 2010
Imagin see mumu question. Don't your dirty ass knows things
change.
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 11:16am On Jun 23, 2010
Imagin see mumu question. Don't your dirty (a$$$) knows things
change
Re: North Cyprus by whitechriz(m): 12:07pm On Jun 23, 2010
hello ,

I just got acceptance ltter from Eastern Mediterranean University, i want to study there i want more information. please help me fast to be able to make my deciesion , how do u guyz survive there ??
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2010
whitechriz,

OYINBO man says look b4 you leap, but is like you had jumped b4 you look. why cant you ask b4 you got acceptance letter. so now if they tell you no Dollars or euros on the street to pik as many assumes, no job since oyinbo too need job, you pay for gas and light as things are organized in oyinbo land not like niaja, less crime as a contrast to naija, you cant come over wit HIV or TB as opposed to naija that dont chek health of the imigrants to naija causin more disastrous diseases in naija, igbo(weed) is not allow and if you get caught you shall paid almost 1mil naira and face deportation as opposed to naija, to barb hair in EMU area will cost you 1000naira, 1 biro cost you 100 naira and least food at resturant cost you 600naira .hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm will you tear your acceptance letter now?? wat you supposed ask b4 you are asking after, so are you gonna quit or go on as an HERO? hmmmmmmmmmm TRUE TALK is BITTER ooooooo but dont run away , you can make it and do it.
Re: North Cyprus by smolelekan: 1:28pm On Jun 23, 2010
embarassed@iz2much , i only asked a question, at least you will tell me things have changed, not telling me i asked mumu question cry,. things have changed sometimes the ticket of a thing increase and sometimes it goes down,
Re: North Cyprus by whitechriz(m): 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2010
thank you wip4- keep up the good job

so what do you advice actually i didnt pay money to get the letter, please in name of God advice me better on steps to take ,my email is :whitechriz@gmail.com,

Am waiting
thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 5:13pm On Jun 23, 2010
whitechriz,

the steps to take are, 1. pay your school fees 2. get your confirmation letter 3. chek turkish embassy for visa documents 4. go wit your confirmation and get your visa. 5 . buy ticket . 6. ask wat you need to bring : things like gari, rice, indoime, pepper etc and buy ur stationeries from naija, 7. you are coming towards Cold period come with warm cloths and boot. 8. reach cyprus. 9. register. 10. get accomodation. 11. face your studies. 12 search for job to help you within or outside skool to spport your expenses if you find one , good. 13, graduate. 14 be creative and establish yourself. 15. marry. 16 get children etc

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
wip4:

whitechriz,

the steps to take are, 1. pay your school fees 2. get your confirmation letter 3. chek turkish embassy for visa documents 4. go wit your confirmation and get your visa. 5 . buy ticket . 6. ask wat you need to bring : things like gari, rice, indoime, pepper etc and buy your stationeries from naija, 7. you are coming towards Cold period come with warm cloths and boot. 8. reach cyprus. 9. register. 10. get accomodation. 11. face your studies. 12 search for job to help you within or outside skool to spport your expenses if you find one , good. 13, graduate. 14 be creative and establish yourself. 15. marry. 16 get children etc

LOL
Re: North Cyprus by whitechriz(m): 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2010
well guy thats is a good one very great ,

but you are making me confused,,,,i told u i got a letter and u were like look b4 u leap can u explain to me more is there any avenue we can talk one on one as i want to ask u few questions,like email or ?

thanks
Re: North Cyprus by whitechriz(m): 1:12pm On Jun 24, 2010
wip4 my man ,

please respond to my last message,

i really need to know whatzup since u are an expreience player and u are also schooling there

THANKs
Re: North Cyprus by tunapa4dem: 1:44pm On Jun 24, 2010
@ wips,pls i just want to know maybe you know this university in prague, tiffin university in prague their main campus was in u.s.a.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 3:22pm On Jun 24, 2010
whitechriz,

i have answered your relevant questions on steps to take. Also i am not a PLAYER, am an Academician. read well the answers.

tunapa4dem,

I dont know the school.
Re: North Cyprus by ichommy(m): 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2010
Hey guys long time

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.