Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,775 members, 7,945,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:50 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (789186 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 9:12am On Jul 16, 2010
sithanda,[/b]SPONSOR/GUARANTEE LETTER is meant to be sign by your sponsor and attested by a Notary public. pls give it to your sponsor to sign and look for notary public that will attest that your sponsor is really capable of sponsorin your education. there is no much about that.

[b]smolekan,

what happen to your apartment? where EUL is located is called LEFKE you can find cheap accomodation there but i cant tell you the rate cos i aint work with the landlords, but surely you should get around 150USd pa month cos the area is far from the capital city so cheaper accomodation. the only thing is most accomodation offcampus will involve you to pay for utilities, pls be reminded Cyprus is diffrenet from Nigeria, you cant run away with your landlord pay and you must pay your utility bills regularly, water, light, gas etc some of the offcampus apartment might hav AC, heater, gas be aware that the more you use this the more your bills trip up.
payment details will depends on landlord some might allow you monthly pay but after 6 or 3 months advance payments and some just yearly but your utility bills monthly. for a first timer, i will advise you to stay on-campus first semester and if you know much about the town and environment then switch 2nd semester off campus if you must.
whitechriz,
what else do you want pple to tell you? i remeberd i have replied about14 of your messge you sent to my email and you ar not satisfied yet then i am scared then, your motive of travelin to North cyprus is to work not study and i have replied you NC is not a place you can count on to work but does not mean you cant get job , atleast alot are gettin constructions jobs, hotel and sorts but nobody can guarantee you on anytin on job. if you want to know more on EMU chek the website.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2010
thx oga wip4, INFORMATION IS POWER n dat's why I'll kip being inquisitive
Pls do I need to book an appointment with the embassy or not cox a guy said students does not need to book an appointment. Thanx
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2010
OMG i can't believe i finished the whole post on this thread.
My eyes has fallen off!
A big thanks to Wip4, suzkkes, and others
Izu2much i hope you've learnt you lesson, when you were panicing, today you are there that is to say what will be will be. even though you arrived a month after resumption.

I'm just blank, i don't really know what to say again or even comment, too many information to assimiliate, though they were inspiring, educating and interesting.

Plz i would like to ask you questions whoever that owes this gmail account skul,

i will come back to this threadto comment coz i'm blank
later guys
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 8:06pm On Jul 16, 2010
sithanda[b][/b]

now is not yet the rush time , you can book appointment and the embassy will reply you and send you appointment day. but during rush time then you dont need it just go embassy and join queue.

olybyno[b][/b]

thanks for reading. i hav the email skull so you can ask your question here so odas will benefit, my inbox is full.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2010
Skul said they will send to the embassy this wk but does anyone have their updated requirements cox according to the web address abuja.emb.mfa.gov.tr dated 10th jan 2010 it was demanded that guarantee letter should be signed by sponsor and student. Com someone explain to me. You can check d web
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2010
Do I book now or wait 4 skul 2send 2 them first.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 11:27pm On Jul 18, 2010
sithanda,

about GUARANTEE LETTER i have explained to you who need to sign it, it seems you like confusing ursef alot. if i may ask you where are you rushing to? your school resumes September and you are rushing.

IS NOT THE SPEED THAT MATTERS MOST IN LIFE BUT THE DIRECTION. It is much better to utilize your time to think creatively what you will do when you arrive at north Cyprus. sit down at home, write down how you can create and develop yourself so that you wont join the group that believes there is free DOLLARS, EUROS abroad, go tru the website of your school chek your courses and try to learn sometin in Nigeria even b4 you arrive. No point rushing!!!

Many Nigerians that rush like you end up to nothin now, many are selling WEED in North Cyprus, yahoo yahoo,drugs in south Cyprus, some chiks selling themselves 100USd pa nite? many never prepared well and when they arrived they got frustrated what they expect was not wat they met. many are living illegally in Cyprus now, they cant go home and neither do they have anything doing in Cyprus. alot has bin jailed and many will still be in prison soon.
IF YOUR RUSH is due to your OVER GURUNESS, still relax prepare well at home first. if you live at Abuja you dont have problem you can book August ending, if you live at lagos or place far from abuja, hmmmmmm iz2much can tell you wat happens at embassy.
Re: North Cyprus by Morrison2: 1:16am On Jul 19, 2010
hmmm,  I must say many Kudos to you guys, exp. to you Wip2. you have done a marvelours job here and i'm proud to know that there are Nigerians who still choose to stand tall even when there seem to be adverseries surrounding them. Indeed greatness is not far fetch only when we put our hearts to it as we reach for greatness that could change the world.

Well, I was actually in google to search for a reputable and affordable(low tuition) university in turkey or the northern cyprus when this thread (fortune) came up. I read through the thread from page 1 to this very page and i must say i'm previleged to be part of it right now. thanks to you all.

I wish to apply to study Computer Science and i really need the facts about many things to help me plan well. i.e (Tuition and payment terms, Life in Turkey/NC, Challenges, Personalities etc). I  have seen the requirements for studies in turkey and the northern cyprus and i have actually met them but i currently do not have SAT so i need to know if i could use my WAEC or NECO english grades of B2 and C5 respectively. I also have a National Diploma in Computer Science (Lower Credit) from the Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro.

I would really prefer to study in turkey if there are high academic challenges and less tuition or allowed to make part payment etc. so please give me info on turkish/nc minimum tuition etc.  for computer science in 2011. I'm 24 and will be 25 next June so i also need to know the age limit/implication as its good to make hay while the sun still shines.

All i'm saying here is that i need your total support in making my dreams come true and putting my potentials to work. your help will really be more than appreciated.

Thanks to you all for the great impact here. Cheers and God Bless !!! Long live this thread.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 11:25am On Jul 19, 2010
Morrison.

Thanks for reading tru. AGE LIMIT is 25years for students applying to any undergraduate program in Turkey/NC. Turkish state university are cheaper than any university in NC, some ranges from 650-900USD / semester and they have highly reputable universities that are world recognized like MIDDLE EAST TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY which is ranked 499 in the world by webometric of January 2010 www.metu.edu.tr and all programs conducted in ENGLISH as medium of instruction.

To enter any university in Turkey that primarily public , you must present SAT -1200, and TOEFL scores or write their entry exams like NIGERIAN JAMB called YOS, if you get these scores then you can apply and chek the university website for the application deadlines.

for NC you dont need SAT nor TOEFL and the fees ranges from 3000USd to 2500euros . pa semesta. if you have good grades in your olevel , you can secure some schoalsrhips in some university.

Also you can transfer to NC with your OND transcript and you will start at 200level or so.
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 12:14pm On Jul 19, 2010
the school is per credit.
that amount is just for a credit course
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2010
iz2much which school?
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2010
The same school www.metu.edu.tr
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2010
iz2much,

pls kindly read my post very well, i have given the range of fees in Turkish university.and mind you the fees i have given is for a semester not per course. they dont tell me but what is bin paid semester wise. if you care to know i can scan you my Master fees i paid when i was there in metu. also is written bodly on bogazci university the fees charge and a lot of students are there, i will want you to travel to these skools yoursef before you begin to say is pa credit course.

http://registration.boun.edu.tr/login/tuition_and_fees.htm chek that and see what the asterisks means if is per semester or per credit course.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2010
Hello Wip4
I sent you a mial since and just discovered that it was returned coz you blocked your email from receiving mails.
I really need to ask you sth and i can't paste it here for security reasons, trust me
my email is oliboy2003@yahoo.com
I'm still online let me know
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2010
olibyno,

i do hope you have read a lot on this thread and you will not be repeating same thing already answered. i will send msg to your email now.
Re: North Cyprus by Morrison2: 3:17am On Jul 20, 2010
Wip4

Thanks for your reply, Think I will eventually be settlling for one of the turkish universities since i can readily afford tuition within that range i.e 650 - 900USD/sem. I checked on the Middle East Technical University and found the tuition for International Undergraduate Student as stated here: http://www.oidb.metu.edu.tr/english/jf07/tuition_amount.html    please check and help me confirm if thats correct or if i stumbled on the wrong page.

Please i dont know if you could state specifically other universities in turkey where the tuition is between 650-900usd/semester and the general analysis/ payment plan i.e (how many semesters in a year and how is the tuition payed? in full, yearly or per semester giving total sum of tuition for such payment plan ).

Also, when is the commencement of the next academic session or when will admission commence in such universities or are there any admission in progress?

Finally, where and when am i to write the YOS exam? what are the procesures/measures involve etc.

Really want you to know you are the best. Thanks !!!
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 20, 2010
@ wip4 n Iz2much am not in a haste infact I'll have many things to miss like my car in Nigeria but what am trying to guide against is rushing cox I believe there'll be rushing against September, 3wks ago I bought euros 4 186 now it is 196 n I live in Ibadan so u can see my reasons. When do you suggest I book an appointment remember I still have to book a flight ticket. ADVISE me pls can I have ur email for some confidential info. Thx
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 10:24am On Jul 20, 2010
Morrison[b][/b]

the web page you posted here is correct, but is seems you don't understand the English and signs in the page anyway. Also i ONLY mentioned METU on my earlier post to you as one of the best university in Turkey but i did not state any university fees on my post i only gave you range in Turkish universities : Turkish state university are cheaper than any university in NC, some ranges from 650-900USD /semester[i][b][/b][/i] pls chek my exact words and read well next time.

(*) The amount of tuition mentioned here is "per credit."
(**) Foreign students will pay their tuition in US Dollars based on the exchange rate on the day of their payment.

those with one * ARE PER CREDIT and they are master programs and each master program has it own credit units to do, in almost all Turkish universities master programs are just for 7 courses with thesis or non-thesis based. if you really care enuf i guessd you should chek my 2nd post talkin about fees and i gave the link.

http://registration.boun.edu.tr/login/tuition_and_fees.htm check this link and tell me if it falls within the range i have given you on not. There alot of universities that falls in that range in Turkey which i know and which alot knows as well and i want to remind you that is not as if i hear the fees BUT I KNOW THE FEES and i am 100000000% sure of what i am writing here cos many pple do read it and the last thing i will do is to mislead. About YOS exams i can even tell you where is bin done even in Nigeria and pls chek the school websites for your other questions and if you are not satisfied then you can search websites, call the universities, travel to Turkey and do alot to achieve your aim. Goodluk !!!
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 10:35am On Jul 20, 2010
sithanda,

you might miss your car GOOD 4U but i have not asked you about your car and i am more concern about your rush, the only thing is if you come earlier than your reg dates you might not have access to accommodation and nothing to rush for, my own advise is just that since you live far from Abuja you can book your appointment ending of this month or early next month cos even you arrive at Abuja and your school has yet to send your Confirmation to embassy you will waste money and time over there in Abuja. pls mine is just advise , you are in control of your actions and opinions. safe trip!!!

olibyno,[b][/b]

Got your email, i would have replied you here but i will email you ASAP.
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2010
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2010
METU north Cyprus fees is different from METU in ANKARA , turkey. State universities in Turkey charges the range of fees i stated in my post I REPEAT and STAND ON IT.

The METU in north Cyprus charges fees differently from the METU in TURKEY. the website you posted is for NORTH CYPRUS CAMPUS search for METU TURKEY CAMPUS. And if you doubt it travel to Ankara to get details and if more doubt i will be glad to scan the school receipts of 4 students i helped to transfer from NC towards this September entry and see the admission letter and quoted fees and the fees paid by the students.

I don't speak without reasons , am done with all these, is less for anybody to believe or leave it. i assist anybody that i feel i can help. HELP is optional not mandatory.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 20, 2010
Wip4 Thx 4 ur advice n taking ur time but u sound somehow harsh. The school promised to send it dis wk so I'll book an appointment by nextwk, how do I book? Is it by mailing them n wat's d mail address?
Re: North Cyprus by Morrison2: 11:57pm On Jul 20, 2010
Wip4

pls dont be harsh on me. I understand everything u said on your first post. I only posted the link for you to tell me if the tuition is for per semester or otherwise. You know these things better than I do thats why i'm seeking help from you so u can guide me in the admission process if you can. i know the tuition range u gave was not specifically for METU i only posted to confirm if its on semester basis for METU.

You know finding a university to study is one thing and another is paying the tuition when offered admission. i just want to be sure of what i'm doing. for example if i find Uni A and i'm satisfied with it then i have to focus my attention on it to make sure everything goes well and if its otherwise say Uni B then i focus on B and not focussing on A and B at thesame time only to loose both at the end. (I only hope u understand me now)

Anyway, I appreciate. Thanks for ur help. I will let you know if anything comes up (hope u dont mind)
Re: North Cyprus by Morrison2: 12:03am On Jul 21, 2010
And i will also appreciate any further help regarding this issue

Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 12:10am On Jul 21, 2010
sithanda,

I am so sorry if i acted so harsh i just felt you might have gotten the msg i have been trying to pass accross. dont rush man, just take your time next month or ending of July you can book for appointment is easy to do. just email your passport number, name and purpose of visit to visa.turkembabuja@gmail.com and you can check their website http://www.abuja.emb.mfa.gov.tr/ShowInfoNotes.aspx?ID=757 to follow procedure. Mind you at Turkish embassy you will surely meet tout at the gate , pretending to be AGENT or telling you they have INFLUENCE. for your advise just go straight to No 5, Amazon street maitama, Abuja and submit , dont pay any tout.

Good luck man!!!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 12:31am On Jul 21, 2010
Morrison,

Am sorry to sound harsh but i expected you to read the posts very well and do more search then come up with some good findings but your reply to me sounds like you doubt the post. First, if your considering Turkish universities i will still urge you to check my earlier posts on this thread i have listed many Turkish universities that are state own, just check their websites and get infor. Most of the Turkish universities have strict application deadlines , so you need to be conversant with their websites, for Feb admissions most deadlines is December of the previous year or January. METU is highly competitive so i think you can go for Bogazci university is the second best and is much easier to get the admission. Get the requirements for the admission and apply. If you can write SAT then you don't need YOS exams but they have minimum SAT scores required. check www.boun.edu.tr for further info. i am so busy now , i can only reply your query and if am less busy i shall post you more schools and much much easier one in Turkey. Good luck man!!
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2010
Wip4 Thanx 4 ur concern n understandin. I'll do d booking next wk by His grace once d list has been sent. Some of my doc where addressed as no 4 amazon street instead of 5 like u said in ur post. Hope that doesn't matter since other things correspond
Re: North Cyprus by Morrison2: 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2010
Wip4

Thanks for the information. i have tried several means to open the site for Bogazici University but its not opening. METU is opening but i cant seem to find the application deadline or related information. i have filed my application documents and ready to make application as early as possible but all i need now is the information concerning application for the University. which of the universities is still open for february admission. i just want to apply early so i can make further plans.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 11:47pm On Jul 21, 2010
Morrison,

The Bogazci university site is working fine and opening maybe is your location and your internet connection. try this again and it will take you to the site to get in
http://www.boun.edu.tr/announce/yos_eng.html Also Note that Turkish university have just short application period for international applicants some ranges for just 5days. For February intake the application information and application period is around December ending , so keep checking the websites during that period and if you fail to apply then you will miss it. imagine to apply for September entry in Bogazci the application dates was July 5 - 9, 2010.

Also if you already have your documents and admission requirements complete like SAT score, TOEFL etc then watch out for the application days and send at least 2 weeks prior the dates so as to ensure your application arrived Turkey on time.

Documents Required for Application

1) Application form.

2) SAT Reasoning Test exam result. (Original or notarized/attested copy)

3) Official transcript.*

4) Application fee.**

5) Passport photocopy.
The medium of instruction at Boğaziçi University is English. Applicants accepted by Boğaziçi University have to present a minimum TOEFL score of 213 in computer-based version or 550 in the paper-based version and a minimum TWE score of 4.5 or 79+24 internet based test (IBT) Or a minimum IELTS score of 7 in order to register.
Re: North Cyprus by Morrison2: 4:40am On Jul 22, 2010
Wip4

I'm now able to browse through the Bogazici site and i want to ask if the tuition stated there is for first year or , , !

Yes i'll check often for the next application deadlines and apply as early as possible.

For the SAT, TOEFL etc,  do i have to submit both SAT and TOEFL or just one. and I'm also wondering if it is possible to submit application documents online via email instead of posting. posting can be time consuming and sometimes documents never gets to destination.

thank u for ur time in replying all messages. more strenght be unto you
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2010
morrison,

why cant you read the application info on the site given to you all the information is there. Also about the tuition fees, pls you are from which country? i believe ENGLISH is the official language in NIGERIA , you should be able to see if is for 1year or pa semester or hours. Also learn about symbols and signs.

The school do not accept online application, you can only send through registered courier and am sure if you send through DHL it will surely get to the destination, i have sent documents a lot to that school and it arrived there.

About SAT and TOEFL the info is on the site and they are two different exams and testing for two different quality in students, for somebody wanting to study computer science abroad , you should be able to read and write.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2010
@wip4 I just discovered from the visaform n ur comment up there that the address is no 5 amazon street but My guarantee letter and reference letter where addressed no 4 though other things correspond. Hope that wouldn't have a negative impact?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (356)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.