Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,377 members, 7,950,808 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (789921 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by topeakanbi(m): 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2010
Admission to Cyprus International University is very simple.
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2010
@Wip,

let's assume my o level result is OK and
i get my admission letter, wat is the next
thing i need to do and when is the school
resuming? how about accomodation?
how much does it cost? how much is d BTA?

Kindly advise all this also.

I also checkd d school and i saw d info on dia
site which means all u said is real.

Thanks

@yemiking, btuv how far now?
longest time - thought u said u were
coming home den,

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2010
@suxes2005,

Thanks man!

If you have at least 5 o level credits including English and Maths then you get admitted. After this, you pay into the school account the quoted tuition fees on your acceptance letter. After the school confirm your payment you will get a confirmation letter from them and they you are good to go. check the embassy website for the Visa documentations. Get your visa and your buy the Flight ticket and fly down, You inform the university about your flight details and a representative will meet you at point of arrival. There various accommodation withing the campus and outside the campus you can rent. on-campus accommodation can be skool dorm (1200-2400USd pa year) which are cheaper with 2 to 4 students pa room and facilities like AC, fridge etc of private accommodation which are more expensive than skool dorm which can be for 2 or 1 persons ( ranges 2700USd to 4000USD pa year). Off -campus can be like 100USd to 300USD pa month based on distance and facilities. living expenses has to do with student living style, a student that drinks alcohol, rent car, order pizza daily, form big boy will tend to spend higher than a student that cook his food daily, non-smoker and do not rent car. Average living student can be okay with 100to 200USD monthly as living expenses and many spend even far lesser than these.
JOBS: the most available jobs are construction and hotel jobs some ranges btwn 800 to 1300USD monthly depending on many factors like experience, language, place of work, who you know etc some other jobs also available but to be frank many students that complain about jobs never go out once to search for jobs or most waiting for suit-kind of jobs, some students work on campus as library assistant, computer-lab assistant etc and they get paid. i do hope i have contributed abit. other info can be find online.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 2:38pm On Aug 07, 2010
@wip,

thanks for the info, u've answered ma questions
and i nid more info i wud ask u

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by Imeobong(m): 3:04pm On Aug 07, 2010
@ WIP

I am so impress with your responce here, thanx for the well research answers. It really showed that you are conversant with that part of the world.
Please I need info on Turkish University for my PHD: like the age limit cause (I am going to be 37 this October). availability of Jobs for people like me (masters Degree holders) I will prefare lecturing (I have Msc in Marketing) and any other info you know will be of help to me. Cheers!!!!
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2010
Imeobong,

Yeah sure sure you can do your Phd in Turkish universities and most Phd at Turkish universities are either free or with very minimal fees. As a Phd applicant you might have chances to enroll as teaching assistant or grad assistant as the case may be and you get paid monthly. you can chek www.metu.edu.tr or www.boun.edu.tr these schools offer programs in English language and very nice uni in Turkey and around the world. go tru the sites and you will find most info you need there, and you can as well contact the skools and ask them anything you want to know. Good luk!
Re: North Cyprus by Imeobong(m): 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2010
Wip4,
Thank you so much my bros, I will do that right away, I will keep you posted and if I am in difficulty I will come back here for your advise.
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2010
@wip4

Oh!!!
I never knew i can be paid in dollar oo o
Please can you give the adress of the Employer that pays $800
You know how badly i need a job
I think i will be okay with $800. i dont look big money lol
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2010
iz2much,

if you check almost all my posts i have always say it clearly that i dont work with labour Department in any of these places but i know many students that really go out and search for jobs do have the jobs. I can bet with evrything alot of students presently at Salamis hotel now Nigerians and foreigners working and get paid the range i gave ealier, Go to Girne alot of construction jobs are there you can find, ezic resturant, i know 2 of your school mates working presently there now now, go out and search for jobs, the best time for cyprus jobs is summer which is ending soon but as you know construction jobs is all time, you can find also.
Re: North Cyprus by abiatonye(f): 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2010
JJGJGJ
Re: North Cyprus by abiatonye(f): 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2010
DFFAS
Re: North Cyprus by abiatonye(f): 9:26pm On Aug 08, 2010
ye
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 11:14pm On Aug 08, 2010
abiatonye,

Do i have to say anything about your posts ? NO. No comment nor words for you either. have a great day!
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 09, 2010
Pls how many days does it take in securing d transit visa as a student? Will they call my sponsor or which of d documents scrutinize
Re: North Cyprus by blkmum700: 6:35am On Aug 09, 2010
wip4:

abiatonye,

Do i have to say anything about your posts ? NO. No comment nor words for you either. have a great day!

@wip4 i expecting you to defend his allegations,does he really know you or did you know him,according to his claim that he know you.

@abiatonye,
if that country is dry,what are you still doing there,you should have left the country to somewhere else which is not dry,or are you angry that Mr wip is given people infor to get to the island?
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 10:13am On Aug 09, 2010
blkmum700,

Hey man, this forum is to educate, guide and give info to pple in order to be informed rather than deformed. Arguing with a fool proves there are two. You don't expect me to defend anything or argue with faceless image. people talk or do things based on their level of education, experience, awareness, exposure, upbringing, quantity of information they have and when they say or write about something you will easily know who they are. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude either.
Re: North Cyprus by opad(m): 10:54am On Aug 09, 2010
A friend who is a professional footballer, he plays currently at Bayelsa utd but he is desperate to ply his trade abroad.
I am so passionate about this guy cos of his class as player, so i want to inquire if he could start his football career in Cyprus, he would eventually migrate im sure cos european clubs would be jostling for his signature.
How can you help please.

@blkmum700, you are very right, lts of people complain of the hardship in UK, do they come back home? NO. ko EASY kO EASY they live large. Me think its about the attitude towards things, challenge is normal, it should make u a better person, no place is rosy you have to start from somewhere. DONT SCARE PEOPLE OFF
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 09, 2010
HELP! Pls help! I need to authenticate my certificate at d fed ministry as demanded by turkish embassy but neco certificate wont be released until 4yrs and I had my exam in 2008. I only have the one issued by the school and was told it cant be authenticated by the ministry. Pls what do I do?
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 2:07pm On Aug 09, 2010
sithanda,

If your certificate is not out and you confirmed that, the ministry will authenticate it as far as is not out. just go there , they have database of certs that are out but am not sure of this your 4yrs but since am not In nigeria maybe thinsg changes with this 4yrs but sure sure Min will authenticate if really is not out. even those that finish last yr witout not cert hav it done at the min since is not out but if is out then you will need to submit it.
Re: North Cyprus by spearlzz: 2:42pm On Aug 09, 2010
When is turkish embassy abuja gonna start attending to cyprus students
Re: North Cyprus by HolyHustler: 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2010
@Abiatonye,u'r notin bt a STUPID FOOL dat doesn't hav anytin 2 offer 2 his community nd globe @large,if u'v bin goin tru ds thread,u'l notice Wip4 always advice students 2 concentrate mor on their studies and nt job,i also noticed dt wen anybdy ask hm abt jobs he always tel dm he doesn't wrk wit labour department in d country,wip4 behaviours shows he's an ACADEMICIAN,God knws my mind dat i dnt knw wip4 4m anywher nd i'v snt hm several personal mails nd he's alwayz ready 2 help FREE of charge,datz d probs we hav in 9ja,we tk d gud pple 4 grantd,i knw of many agents for cyprus nd oda countries dat won't tk anytin less dan 100k to help u get jst aceptance letter bt wip4 does al dis 4 FREE,mayb datz y many pple here ask hm stupid questns nd datz y d STUPID ABIATONYE is running his SMELLING MOUTH,if u claim 2 knw wip4 1 on 1 nd u cant com out plain wit ur FULL DETAILS to challange him den u'r a BIG COWARD cos u already behavd lyk a SMALL COWARD,go out der nd see hw much agent charge den u'l knw wip4 is tryn 4 we NAILANDERS,wip is impactn his 9ja community +vly so
STUPID ABIATONYE impact ur 9ja community +vly so dat we'l hv a beta 9ja 2mao,so dnt b an HATER.
Re: North Cyprus by opad(m): 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2010
Wip4 my above question is directed to you. i need a reply cos i guess ure in the best position to give me credible info.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 5:54pm On Aug 09, 2010
HOLY HUSTLER,

Thanks man. i dont know you either and you might have contacted me tru the email bUT God almighty knows i dont know who you are. But you know why i dont want to reply the ABIATONYE is that if i do pple wont gain anything from this forum. Tanks so much for reading tru my posts here and about jobs stuff. I have never searched for jobs abroad cos i am into business and academician to the core. When i finished undergraduate in Nigeria this fool called ABIATONYE am sure he was still at jss 1. secondly i dont know fools that have small mentality like him. You know is problem is that he is frustrated and his hopes were dashed, he is one of those pple that belivs DOLLARS and EUROs flows abroad on the road but unfortunately wen he arrives his hopes and dreams were dashed, so he is FRUSTRATED IDIOT that no goods can ever come from him. I dont want to mention here but becos of this FOOL i will still say it and i scan my PROOF here for all to see, i had to STAND for 2 Nigerian fools like him that were here wit dashed hope and cant pay the landlord fee, the letter i signed a copy is here with me i can scan to the world to see , i never know these Nigerians b4 in my life but since i am a Nigerian i can offer to help only the respected ones. I am not asking anybody to come to cyprus to study or travel anywhere but if you want advise i can give anybody just free. an agent was advertisn a skool in south part to nigerians, i have been to south part most times i know this is not good skool compared to LASU, i had to say it to NL not to paticipate cos no point wastin millions to a place where LASU is beta dan. if this bastard ABAITONYE read thru my posts here he will know wat i hav said about jobs but since he is a complicated IDIOTS then wat can i say. he said he knows me and studying undergraduate in EMU waow wat a fool, pls i am in what department? let me leave the guy. i need to give info to pple that really needs to know.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 6:09pm On Aug 09, 2010
opad,

Sure your friend can come to Cyprus and play but first he needs to know that few blacks play in the Cyprus clubs and i tink is better to enter the south cyprus cos they have more football clubs than the North part, they have couples of clubs in north part too but you know the north part is not EU and this might affect him movin to other EU clubs easily. first he will need to have his video clips send to this clubs and they do have trials i think they play for 3 months trials 3 times in a year. also he can upload is video on you-tube as well as many Basketballer did from nigeria and they paly in cyprus But they makes use of them too much as in the Nigerian guys are so good so theu use they pass normal time and soem complains they pay less but really is a startin point. I am not realy football fan i would hav gotten more info 4u but i know some coaches in Cyprus and turkey i can speak with and ask how he can come over. Also you can chek this sites to see some clubs in Cyprus. first let him have good video clips and open you-tube account to show is talents and then a profile about himself from there we see how it goes.

chek this http://www.cypruslinks.com/dir/cyprus-football-soccer

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by abiatonye(f): 9:46pm On Aug 09, 2010
DADAS
Re: North Cyprus by spearlzz: 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2010
@ wip4
when can we go to abuja for the visa, all documents are intact and ok. i was told last week that the turkish embassy has not started attending to cyprus students. when do u think thos eof us in lagos can start going to abuja for the visa, our names has been sent to the embassy long ago.
Re: North Cyprus by Morrison2: 2:09am On Aug 10, 2010
@Nairalanders

Anyone who is here to get real information and really serious to study in cyprus or anywhere in europe should simply ignore this ABIATONYE guy. if it didnt work out for abiatonye, it dosnt mean it woun't work out for someone else. Go for greatness and actualize your dreams. no one can stop you. Wip is only here to help anyone walk through the road if they find it rough.

@ABIATONYE
What kind of information are you really here to give? the truth is not always far fetch. people like   iz2much can attest to the generous help Wip has been offering to everyone. iz2much is happilly studying in Cyprus (God used Wip to walk him through all proccesses involved).

Moreover, assuming what you said about Wip is true, in real sense; all this has been JUSTIFIED by Wip in all his posts since day one of this thread (He points it out clearly to everyone that he is not a MIDDLEMAN OR AGENT or special personnel of any sort. Nigerians confide their trust in him thats why they keep seeking useful information from him and you sit there to rebel against that?. This is absolutely not sincere).

Finally, i put it to you that Nigerians are United and peace loving people that are ready for change so i suggest you apologize to Wip and lets make peace and make a better use of our time in giving helping hands to one another. Peace/Dialog has always helped people who wish to move forward in Life no matter their differences. This is my little contribution.

Peace in the Thread.

Long Live The Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: North Cyprus by Chinois: 3:15am On Aug 10, 2010
Hello Wip4,

I just wanted to know if masters students need to show their high school certs as well at the embassy, or just the bachelors degree certs? Also if masters students have to show their high school certs, will the GCE certificate be enough? because I read on the Turkish embassy w.site that one needs to show high school graduation diplomas, does that mean one has to show high school grad certs in addition to say a GCE cert?

Thanks for your anticipated assistance.
Re: North Cyprus by HolyHustler: 6:35am On Aug 10, 2010
@ABIATONYE,u jst proved to everybdy dat u'r a BIG FOOL since u can't come out with ur FULL REAL DETAILS,so COWARD ABIATONYE just shut up ur DIRTY MOUTH cos u dnt hav anytin to offer pple nd ur family in lyf,u'r jst a WASTE TO HUMANITY,u said i'vnt bin anywhere lol,wel d fact dat u saw my post(me) mkn equiries abt sweden doesnt mean i'vnt bin anywher,dat is FALLACY,jst cos u'r out of 9ja doesnt mean u'r better dan pple in 9ja so get dat into ur DUMP SKULL,let me tel u smtin COWARD ABIATONYE nd datz d MISTAKE most of US do mk,we tend 2 talk 2 pple anyhw on forums lyk dis cos it's FACELESS bt even if it's FACELESS our SPIRIT is here,i dnt tink u'r spiritual datz y u'r doin dis cos if u'r spiritual u'l knw dat my spirit nd ur spirit lies here,u said i Knw wip4 or dat dis is wip4,k,im goin 2 do smtin cos i bliv my spirit is hia nd it goes ds way *if im wip4 or i knw wip4 out side email which i stated in my prev post let God PUNISH me nd ntin GOOD shld com out of me HOLY HUSTLER BUT if i dnt knw hm or im nt hm may God PUNISH u nd ntin GOOD wil com out of u ABIATONYE jst as it's nt coming nw nd u'l struggle in cyprus nd u wont brng anytin bk 2 9ja EXCEPT u APOLOGISE,so nw u'l knw dat im spiritual nd u dnt run ur mouth anyhw on forums,dis wont HAPPEN 2u if i dont serve my GOD but if i do it'l surely HAPPEN 2u
@morrison,i gues u knw ds thread has bn PEACEFUL,i mean no use of FOUL languages until dis FRUSTRATED ABIATONYE came in,dat shows he carries BAD LUCK.
@All let's try 2b good in our respective societies nd lives either FACE or FACE LESS,i got alot pple dat dnt knw me here on NL bt i can VOUCHE 4m evn if it's FACE LESS cos dey ar ready 2 help pple dat brng probs to dem. Eg
JUSTWISE of UK
WIP4 of CYPRUS(NC nd SC)
FUNKYBABY of UK
MEDGIRL OF CANADA(BC)etc.
These guys us their time out of 24hrs u nd me get 4m GOD 2 solve pple probs in dis community nd i hate wen CRITICS lyk ABIATONYE com here nd say RUBBISH witout FACTS,al these pple deal wit FACTS,so be GOOD so pple can FIGHT for u @ our bck.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 7:05am On Aug 10, 2010
@HOLY HUSTLER,

@Morrison,

Thanks guys May God bless you all. Pls i just want to implore you guys to FREE this INDIVIDUAL ABIATONYE. let him say what ever he can say it does not stop me nor anybody with useful info to give it here. Nobody needs to argue with him for God sake.

Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people like ABITONYE always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can become great, Success, seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 7:33am On Aug 10, 2010
@Chinois,

As a master student you dont need to show your secondary school cert, you ONLY need your University Certificate to show them and Authenticate it at Min of Education Only. your result try to get photocopies cos they will only need the copies over there. Also as i have always say there are tout and thiefs around the Turkish embassy claiming to know one person or the other inside the embassy, they will demand for some money pls try to ignore just go straight and submit your docs.

@spearlzz,

I really dont know if is true they have not started attending to Cyprus students but i want you to know that no segregation btwn Turkish student visa applicants and Cyprus student visa applicants becos all students traveling to the North Cyprus will be issued Turkish transit visas. i will advise you go around 15th to 20th of this month since you live in Lagos becos sometime during rush hours you might spend days in Abuja but you can try these dates. Normally within 2days the visa should be out if all your documents are okay and the visa officer have no prbs with your application. see since NC does not have her own visa but uses Turkish transit visa virtually all NC applicants with complete visa documentations are granted visa.

NOTE: you guys should try as much as possible to buy things like stationeries and some food stuffs and if possible clipper cos these are a bit expensive in NC, Also note that on arrival you meet some touts at the airport that might pretend to offer you help, will be so nice to you wen you just arrive cos they know you come with cash and since they are suffering presenstly , their main objectives are to wisk your cash and b4 you know it they might have gone. We hear alot of this from new students and this kind of habit is common among some Nigerian living there pls MARK IT not all but those witout mission. Many are not students and try to know who you mix with NC police and also SC police very strict no BRIBE if you get caught!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (356)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.