Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,356 members, 7,920,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 02:53 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (785430 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2010
@ Wıp4 (Presdo!!!)

You havent replıed me o o o o
I beg do something about It
Please
Egbon E Jorrrr
Re: North Cyprus by Yemming(m): 4:12am On Aug 20, 2010
hello all,

please i need the complete list of documentation i need to present at the turkish embassy, thank you all,
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2010
Pls what's happening. Resuscitate this thread Abeg. Guys in CIU d embassy said they haven't received d name list I've mailed them twice to no avail. What do we do?
Re: North Cyprus by Chinois: 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2010
@ Wip,

I was reading up on TRNC and found out that it seems it is not a recognized country and as such the degrees from North Cyprus universities might not be recognized worldwide. Could you please shed some light on this? from my understanding, you studied in Cyprus, have you had any problems with your degree being recognized?

Any one else who has some insight on this, should please comment.

Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 12:35am On Aug 22, 2010
@Chinosis,

Yeah TRNC is yet to be recognized as a country for now and this has to do with Cyprus and Turkey issues some years back leading to division of Cyprus into 2 parts namely North Cyprus and south Cyprus, The North part referred to as TRNC is recognized by Turkey just like a small island as part of Turkey that is why is called TURKISH REPUBLIC OF NORTHERN CYPRUS (TRNC) while the south part is recognized as a full country as CYPRUS. you can read more about that on google.

TRNC not YET a country does not mean the universities located there are not recognized in the world or the DEGREE from TRNC are not acceptable by other universities around the world and also does not mean the universities in the SOUTH PART are better that does in the TRNC. one of the universities in TRNC is called EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN UNIVERSITY (EMU) is far far far ranked in the world by world universities than any universities in Nigeria and many recognized countries. For instance, EMU is ranked by WORLD UNIVERSITIES RANKING of JULY 2010, WEBOMETRICS as 1704 best universities in the world among 12000 institutions which is far far far above many universities in Nigeria, and many universities in recognized countries. Example LEEDS METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY UK is ranked 1831 lower than EMU in unrecognized country, compared to the BEST RANKED UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA, UNIILORIN ranked 5484, THOMPSON RIVERS UNIVERSITY CANADA, ranked 1901 and ONLY ONE university was ranked above EMU in the whole of RECOGNIZED SOUTH PART (Cyprus) etc just EXPLANATION pls to show that the Universities are ranked and they have criteria for ranking these universities, PLS NOTE am just explaining ooo , i was not the one that ranked them ooo. SOURCE: http://www.webometrics.info/top12000.asp?offset=1700 and this same EMU has UNESCO and EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY ACCREDITATION'S. SOURCES: http://ic.emu.edu.tr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=135&Itemid=53
And many other universities located in the TRNC were also recognized. Pls you can check WEBOMETRIC, UNESCO, EUA, IUA etc for these for more and proper understanding. Finally, there are alot of Graduates from TRNC currently doing either there masters or Phd in UK, Canada, US etc and they were accepted cos the Degree is recognized irrespective of the STATUS of the University LOCATION. i hope i shed some light, pls NOTE am not asking ANYBODY to come and study in TRNC but i just answered the QUESTION you DIRECT to me. thanks for your understanding !!!!!!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2010
MESSAGE FROM EMU TO APPLICANTS:

Dear students,
Thank you for choosing Us. We will like to inform you that an EMU representative will be going to the Turkish embassy in Abuja on the 31st of august and will leave on the 7th of September. He will be there to help Nigerian and Cameroon Applicants to get their Visas. We would like to inform applicants to make their tuition fee payments before the 31st of august and forward the telex copy of payment to the international center e-mail, so that we can send their names to the embassy in Abuja and they can meet the EMU representative at the Turkish embassy in Abuja within the time frame. We will like to thank you once again for choosing EMU for your INTERNATIONAL CAREER!!

International Office
Eastern Mediterranean University
Northern Cyprus
http://ic.emu.edu.tr
+90 392 630 3201

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Yemming(m): 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2010
wip4:

MESSAGE FROM EMU TO APPLICANTS:

Dear students,
Thank you for choosing Us. We will like to inform you that an EMU representative will be going to the Turkish embassy in Abuja on the 31st of august and will leave on the 7th of September. He will be there to help Nigerian and Cameroon Applicants to get their Visas. We would like to inform applicants to make their tuition fee payments before the 31st of august and forward the telex copy of payment to the international center e-mail, so that we can send their names to the embassy in Abuja and they can meet the EMU representative at the Turkish embassy in Abuja within the time frame. We will like to thank you once again for choosing EMU for your INTERNATIONAL CAREER!!

International Office
Eastern Mediterranean University
Northern Cyprus
http://ic.emu.edu.tr
+90 392 630 3201

this is ggood news, infact a wonderful news
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2010
@wip4, Quite some time. Hope no prob. what do we do abt dis CIU guys cox the embassy said they haven't received their list yet.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2010
sithanda,

Am good just travelled and got a bit busy.

CIU as always bin a problem wen it comes issuing or sending names to ABUJA, some pple even applied for their admission more than a month nothing to hear from them. I hope i told you then that even if they tell you they send WHAT OF IF EMBASSY NO GET am? so that is CIU probs. but dont worry they will send the names but ONLY GOd and them KNOWS when they will send it, hope u had enuf mony for hotel at Abuja anyway? wish you luck! CIU will send names oo but the system kinda slow sowiee bro
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 23, 2010
@wip4, so wat did u bring 4us? am now back @ ma crib but time is no longer on our side, we still nid 2 book flight ticket, get some things n, I hope they'll settle it this wk I don mail them like 3times but to no avail. hope they ain't scammers cox that's d question everyone keep asking me,
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2010
sithanda,

You made me laugh!! booking ticket is just within few minutes and is better for you to start preparin anytin now hmmmmm you are scared of they are not SCAMMER ofcourse if you paid into skool account them be rest assured they will still respond but ONLY GOD KNOWS when , that is why i give FRANK advise on where to apply and wat u expect after graduating. dont worry it will be fine! i did not bring anytin for you oo i just had little accident at train station at Brussels so had to do xray and some stuff. all will be fine and pray CIU send soon.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2010
@wip4 Sorry abt d accident. I only mentioned booking of ticket as one of those things, They told me they've sent it again today.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 10:59pm On Aug 23, 2010
sithanda,

Thanks man. but where do you live? then go next week or this comin weekend cos they might say they have sent and still hmmmmmmmmm you know wat i mean so that is them 4u oooooo, dont wory u cant late u still hav till October so dont panic!!
Re: North Cyprus by bubsykay: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2010
Hello everyone,
  Its good to be here, pls I will like to ask, Is there any particular sum of cash you must have for up keep before you can be allowed to enter cyprus as a student from turkey. and is there a direct flight to cyprus from lagos, how much? thank you
Re: North Cyprus by bubsykay: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2010
I just got a mail from CIU now that they have sent the names and the turkish embassy in abuja has confirmed it.
Gud luck
Re: North Cyprus by bubsykay: 4:25pm On Aug 24, 2010
Your and your brother’s name has been sent to the Turkish Embassy.

We have the confirmation that they have the list.

You may contact with the Turkish Embassy to book an appointment for your visa applications.

Best Regards,

Servet H. CICEK

International Office

CYPRUS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 24, 2010
@bubskay I also gat d mail. Direct ticket is 976.40US dollars as at today. Holla me ehn,
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 9:23pm On Aug 24, 2010
Its All man for himself
Re: North Cyprus by Yemming(m): 6:47am On Aug 25, 2010
please where can i get the student visa form, i have searched their website but i couldnt find it, can you please provide me with a link or send it to my email if you have it, sweetnubialove@yahoo.com

thanks,
Re: North Cyprus by bubsykay: 10:02am On Aug 25, 2010
@ sithanda, the bta na how much? when are you going to abj. even that guy at the embassy sent me a txt.
Re: North Cyprus by bubsykay: 10:04am On Aug 25, 2010
@ yemming, there is no student visa form its thesame form that everybody will fill and you can print it on the turkish website.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 25, 2010
@Yemi u fit print am 4their site though some scammers they sell am N500 4embassy as I heard. U can always ring me 4more info.
Re: North Cyprus by Yemming(m): 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2010
bubsykay:

@ yemming, there is no student visa form its thesame form that everybody will fill and you can print it on the turkish website.

I COULDNT FIND ANY FORM BRO, ABEG PASTE THE LINK,
Re: North Cyprus by Yemming(m): 9:58pm On Aug 26, 2010
can someone please help me with this form, i have searched everywhere, no luck cry
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 5:19am On Aug 27, 2010
- www.mfa.gov.tr (under “consular info” menu)

- www.travisa.com/turkey/turkey_visa.pdf

- http://abuja.emb.mfa.gov.tr/

God help you Brah!!!
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 9:30am On Aug 27, 2010
Yemming,

Are you Adedoyin? if yes we sent your confirmation letter to the embassy on 26th august for you visa and you number is 45 on the list of emu rep going to the embassy. pls confirm these so that i can work on your scholarship asap,also kindly chek the links above for the Visa form and if you cant et it surely at embassy you will get a copy from your friend. Pls keep me posted so you coming can be less stressful.
Re: North Cyprus by bubsykay: 11:33am On Aug 27, 2010
Hello Everyone! I have ben to the embassy twice but they just sent the list and am planning to go back next week for the visa, but my statement of acct was printed on the 1st of july, hope they will still collect it.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 27, 2010
Wip4, I need ur phone line and personal mail addy. Pls send me a mail victor_dara@yahoo.com
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 27, 2010
Bubskay no b u I meet 4embassy. Buzz ma line we need to talk
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2010
sithanda and others,

As soon as you guys get your visa pls inform so i can give pre-arrival info here, pls chek my email around this thread and email me.
Re: North Cyprus by Chinois: 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2010
@ wip4,

Thank you for your detailed analysis of the situation on ground in TRNC. I had another question, you said your friends have gone on to pursue degrees in other countries, would any of those countries include canada? Can I go on after getting my masters in TRNC to pursue a PHD in Canada, and if so would you happen to know which Canadian consulate caters to those residing in TRNC?

Thanks once again. You have been very helpful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.