Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,491 members, 7,888,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:32 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (780603 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 10:48am On Jan 03, 2014
Rhems01: Please where can I notarise my sponsorship letter? The people I've contacted said its 5k. Is this the norm? Did anyone here pay that amount? Pleaseeee.... Thanks guys.
personally go to a court tell them you want to prepare an affidavite for sponsor, the gate keeper or even the hustlers at the gate will take you where they type it but u can stil guide the typist with the proper statment to state when preparin it, so as to reflect no. 11 of the student visa requirements. after that i know the hustlers will charge you just to take it to the commissioner for oath, claimin that's the price for the signature. in 9ja constitution its around 5 to 25 naira. but i dont pay more than 500 to any body i meet. remember to go wit ur passport and sponsor's passport too.
i think u will be gud wit this.
Re: North Cyprus by dayvid77: 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
pls how long dose it take for you to receive the confirmation letter. and how many days dose it take the bank to transfer the money. can you pay installmentaly?
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
Is university of nicosia in north or south cyprus? And is it even a good school? I've a friend going there.
Re: North Cyprus by zeesmus1: 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
oga wip and gs luv pls help, i sent an appointment request to the embassy since 31st of december 2013, and up till now, i havent been replied. pls help[ me what should i do as i am unhappy and confused.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
onedebos: Is university of nicosia in north or south cyprus? And is it even a good school? I've a friend going there.

Its actually the largest University with great infrastructure in all South Cyprus Universities although its private and quite expensive. I visited the University for the first time in 2009 in their Larnaca campus. Its ranked higher than all Nigerian Universities based on academic, infrastructure and scholarly publications in referred journals. They are also good at soft professional management programs.

zeesmus1: oga wip and gs luv pls help, i sent an appointment request to the embassy since 31st of december 2013, and up till now, i havent been replied. pls help[ me what should i do as i am unhappy and confused.

Relax...just 3 days you get panicked.....dont forget the embassy is not North Cyprus embassy but Turkish embassy and attends to applicants going to Turkish institutions, business ppple, tourist traveling to Turkey and then all Universities in TRNC etc .....let them have rest also...They will get to you soon! As most of them will return back from holiday or sort those already applied since last year November etc
Re: North Cyprus by Gsluv(m): 6:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
zeesmus1: oga wip and gs luv pls help, i sent an appointment request to the embassy since 31st of december 2013, and up till now, i havent been replied. pls help[ me what should i do as i am unhappy and confused.

Just wait, they will reply you, i sent mine on 24th and got reply like 4days after. So wait u will get ur reply.

Ilodigweudoka:
personally go to a court tell them you want to prepare an affidavite for sponsor, the gate keeper or even the hustlers at the gate will take you where they type it but u can stil guide the typist with the proper statment to state when preparin it, so as to reflect no. 11 of the student visa requirements. after that i know the hustlers will charge you just to take it to the commissioner for oath, claimin that's the price for the signature. in 9ja constitution its around 5 to 25 naira. but i dont pay more than 500 to any body i meet. remember to go wit ur passport and sponsor's passport too.

Na wa ooo, one will have to go to court again.
Re: North Cyprus by zeesmus1: 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
wip and gsluv. God will show u love too, thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by trojanni(m): 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
sup peeps, join d north cyprus group on whatsapp. Add me on 08173770031
Re: North Cyprus by Gsluv(m): 10:35pm On Jan 03, 2014
trojanni: yeh pls, anybdy wit useful info on dis shld pls cm up. Buh 2 d bst of my knowldge, al guest inns r quiet on d high buh surely dia mst b sum quiet affordable. Kip d comments rolln in

Put a call thry to Pekolyn hotel, said d cheapest room goes for 3150 nd has a smaller bed. Anybody has any idea of a cheaper one?
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 12:09am On Jan 04, 2014
for me, i missed my jan 3 appointment cos i got my confirmation letter on 31st dec. which means my name wont be at the embassy for now. i have planned visiting the embassy end of next week without re-applying, when i believe my name must have arrived there.

WIP am still feeling your presence here, you are the bomb, infact the mandela of this thread. GOD will never stop greasing your elbows. thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 12:15am On Jan 04, 2014
Na wa ooo, one will have to go to court again. [/quote]
where else can one notarise? unless you are talking about a lawyer's private chamber, then be ready to cough out more money. unless you meet your already paid family lawyer.
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 12:48am On Jan 04, 2014
Ilodigweudoka: for me, i missed my jan 3 appointment cos i got my confirmation letter on 31st dec. which means my name wont be at the embassy for now. i have planned visiting the embassy end of next week without re-applying, when i believe my name must have arrived there.

WIP am still feeling your presence here, you are the bomb, infact the mandela of this thread. GOD will never stop greasing your elbows. thanks.

DO NOT! And I repeat DO NOT! Go to the embassy without an appointment. That's the first thing they would ask you. You risk being thrown out!

Send an email to the embassy explaining the situation, they'd give you a new date. I had the same issue.
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 12:52am On Jan 04, 2014
To notarise sponsorship letter,

1. Type it up on letterheaded paper.
2. Leave space to sign blank for both yourself and your sponsor.
3.Go to court and ask where the public notary is, they'd direct you to the chamber of one who has been saddled with the task of doing it.
4.Go with your sponsor who would read the letter out in front of lawyer and you'd both sign.
5.The lawyer notarises it.
6.You pay #1500(might be more or less depending on lawyer and location)
7.Thank him and go home.
8.Chikena!
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 12:56am On Jan 04, 2014
wip7:

[color=#000099]Its actually the largest University with great infrastructure in all South Cyprus Universities although its private and quite expensive. I visited the University for the first time in 2009 in their Larnaca campus. Its ranked higher than all Nigerian Universities based on academic, infrastructure and scholarly publications in referred journals. They are also good at soft professional management programs.

Hmmm that's interesting.

What do you think of booking two separate airlines from Nigeria in this order;
1.Emirates--Lagos to Istanbul
2.Turkish airlines--Istanbul to Ercan.

Is this feasible? Information reaching me is that its cheaper to fly Emirates to Istanbul rather than Turkish.
Re: North Cyprus by Rhems01: 5:38am On Jan 04, 2014
Ilodigweudoka:
Thanks a lot. I've done it now. God bless...
Re: North Cyprus by trojanni(m): 7:29am On Jan 04, 2014
Mehn it luks lyk only d admin cn add ppl on d NC group on whatsapp, so pls pst ur numba nnumbas of ppl hu u knw r also headin 2 NC n i'll add dem. Tnks
Re: North Cyprus by trojanni(m): 7:32am On Jan 04, 2014
is it possible 2 apply to emu 2dai n gt ur admisn status 2moro? Kuz i knw sum1 hu did
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
Rhems01:
Thanks a lot. I've done it now. God bless...

anytime man. its that easy. stressless
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
onedebos:

DO NOT! And I repeat DO NOT! Go to the embassy without an appointment. That's the first thing they would ask you. You risk being thrown out!

Send an email to the embassy explaining the situation, they'd give you a new date. I had the same issue.

dont worry man. handling ish like this is always at the default of my reasoning. GOD is in control.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
onedebos:

Hmmm that's interesting.

What do you think of booking two separate airlines from Nigeria in this order;
1.Emirates--Lagos to Istanbul
2.Turkish airlines--Istanbul to Ercan.

Is this feasible? Information reaching me is that its cheaper to fly Emirates to Istanbul rather than Turkish.

You can book Emirate straight to North Cyprus...it is possible now...Emirate will do the connection with atlas or pegasus.
Re: North Cyprus by Gsluv(m): 2:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
wip7:

You can book Emirate straight to North Cyprus...it is possible now...Emirate will do the connection with atlas or pegasus.

Ookay... But on their site Ercan is not part of d options, only port there is Istanbul. So ow do we make d booking or is it that we call their office for the booking.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
Gsluv:
Ookay... But on their site Ercan is not part of d options, only port there is Istanbul. So ow do we make d booking or is it that we call their office for the booking.

You dont need to call anybody as ERCAN is part of their options but they are not licensed to fly down into that zone so they connect with other airline.....you can book directly on their site...normally they connect with ATLAS JET to TRNC so calculating the fares seems difficult as ATLAS has lower fare for students compared to other passengers which emirate do not have such option...if you find it difficult to book via emirate direct, kindly book emirate separately and Atlas jet separately and this is applicable to Etihad airways, Ethiopian air as well.

Re: North Cyprus by zayyanmahmoud: 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2014
trojanni: sup peeps, join d north cyprus group on whatsapp. Add me on 08173770031
nice whatsapp group..i recommend it.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
trojanni: is it possible 2 apply to emu 2dai n gt ur admisn status 2moro? Kuz i knw sum1 hu did

check your email..your admission approved now!
Re: North Cyprus by trojanni(m): 12:53am On Jan 06, 2014
wip7:

check your email..your admission approved now!
Thanks a million mr wip. Mehn am so gr8tful, off 2 d bank lol.

Some days.....
Re: North Cyprus by ppetex10: 9:48am On Jan 06, 2014
Has anyone gone to Embassy for his/her visa to resume February yet? You don't need to book appointment just go there as long you are a Student of Turkey or Northern Cyprus they let you in but is only on Monday,Wednesday or Friday.. 9-11AM only.. Only oooo.. who don go embassy let me know? [color=#000099][/color]
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 10:51am On Jan 06, 2014
Anyone know how much on-capmus,single room accomodation with basic utilities(incl. Internet) will cost at EMU?

Pls include the price ranges I.e cheapest to most expensive. I've checked out the accomodation website and its quite up there. Just wonder if there's other accomodation not listed.
Re: North Cyprus by ubiplanet(m): 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
p.petex10:
Has anyone gone to Embassy for his/her visa to resume February yet? You don't need to book appointment just go there as long you are a Student of Turkey or Northern Cyprus they let you in but is only on Monday,Wednesday or Friday.. 9-11AM only.. Only oooo.. who don go embassy let me know? [color=#000099][/color]

Bro are you trying to say that you must not book appointment before going to the embassy?
*who else has experience that? Mr wip what do you think ?
Re: North Cyprus by Gsluv(m): 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pls ignore all these stuffs. What will it cost to book an appointment with the embassy whether it is needed or not.... Abuja is not at ur backyard.
Re: North Cyprus by Adepupo12: 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
onedebos: Anyone know how much on-capmus,single room accomodation with basic utilities(incl. Internet) will cost at EMU?

Pls include the price ranges I.e cheapest to most expensive. I've checked out the accomodation website and its quite up there. Just wonder if there's other accomodation not listed.
check out this site :- housing.emu.edu.tr,cyservices.co.uk

My 3 spoons
Re: North Cyprus by Ilodigweudoka(m): 12:00am On Jan 07, 2014
onedebos: Anyone know how much on-capmus,single room accomodation with basic utilities(incl. Internet) will cost at EMU?

how far wit ur appointment today? hop it went fine? pls i will like to know the kinda question the consul entertained you with and further actions and reactions. thanks. your reply pls
Re: North Cyprus by enyinnakeke: 12:37am On Jan 07, 2014
Wip, abeg i have paid my school fee to do my masters in Near East University, please help me and tell how much i will budget for
accommodation yearly. Please help, the university is in Lefkosia.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.