Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:51 AM

Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? (61648 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by gagewonda(m): 5:35pm On Dec 25, 2016
princetom1:

Before i leave, one thing u failed to replied was, was there ever a time u were made to believe anything without bible proof? U fell inlove, it didn't go as u want and alot happened after that, its a familiar scenario. Did i even told u i was born in it? Nope. We all learn the truth either we are born in it or not. I think u know d truth, just that part u were denied to marry is wat started ur negative believe abt jw. Everything we do is something open and no hidden believe at all. U can pm me if u wish. Is nice u mingle with us, at least u know some truth abt us. Cheers, have a lovely day
dat is d point i keep hammering to u bt u chose to focus on d luv luv luv...bro my mingling wit u guys made me see deeper nt because i wasnt allowed to marry from ur fold. Wat do u tink made me nt to join u guys even wen d pressure to join nd marry her was der..y do u tink i stood my ground nd let her nd u pple go.y cant u tink abt dat.....through d times i fraternized wit ur fold alot were revealed to me..i dont conform to dogmas for ur info....i search for d truth nd i pragmatically placed wat u pple teach nd wat u pple practice nd it was far apart nd der again der were oda tins in ur doctrine dat isnt right even if we go bak to d origin of d Jws ....was charles tazz russel free from free masonry? Have u researched on how ur headquarters in america was built? And wat it was built on? Abeg i want to be a christian - christ like ....i dont want to be in a sect
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by urCreator(m): 5:38pm On Dec 25, 2016
[quote author=jozz post=52247941]
even if it is wrong abi? what I believe in is stealing peoples phones. can I use urs to make a call briefly? Tanks.(hope u get the analogy)

If it works for you fyn
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Jazmiynne: 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2016
At last a truthful point abt JWs from a genuine JW Op!

Breathe of fresh air...

Was almost going to start wondering if apostasy now lives on NL FP to spread only but lies abt JWs.

Nice one my brother!
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by monemsis(m): 5:50pm On Dec 25, 2016
careytommy7:
notice the people saying the best Christians are Jehovah witnesses are not even Christians?
some are atheists (satanist actually)

JWs are the worst hypocrites. Even worse than muslims.
[b]Fornication is encouraged provided it is within/b]
Becareful of what you say o shocked
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by jist2day: 5:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
thanks all

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by sanemann: 5:59pm On Dec 25, 2016
Yea Christmas is a scam sha, but I love that its mostly a time for family reunions
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Crex007(m): 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
wats all these crap abt jws saying christmas shouldn't be celebrated...FYI back then dey didnt have calendars nd no records of dates were kept....nobody knows d real date of Jesus' birth but then if its enough to make angels in heaven rejoice nd also to mke three wise men travel from as far as d east nd present him with gifts...if u ask me dat wat birthdays are all about....i av also gotten close to jws....nd d hypocrisy dere made me run mad....brothers fornicating wit sisters promising dem marriage because of d non-jw marriage rule...nd een someone goes wrong...a group of 'elders' disfellowship d person...nw lemme ask is disfellowshiping biblical...didnt christ say pray fr ur enemy? who re u to judge sef..judgement is fr d lord alone....anything jw just tire me

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by afternysc(f): 6:24pm On Dec 25, 2016
Crex007:
wats all these crap abt jws saying christmas shouldn't be celebrated...FYI back then dey didnt have calendars nd no records of dates were kept....nobody knows d real date of Jesus' birth but then if its enough to make angels in heaven rejoice nd also to mke three wise men travel from as far as d east nd present him with gifts...if u ask me dat wat birthdays are all about....i av also gotten close to jws....nd d hypocrisy dere made me run mad....brothers fornicating wit sisters promising dem marriage because of d non-jw marriage rule...nd een someone goes wrong...a group of 'elders' disfellowship d person...nw lemme ask is disfellowshiping biblical...didnt christ say pray fr ur enemy? who re u to judge sef..judgement is fr d lord alone....anything jw just tire me
Ask God for forgiveness. You need it
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Barristter07: 6:40pm On Dec 25, 2016
rickyrex:
Child birth brings happiness to every family...even the non delivers still share in the birth of christ.. The truth is that jahova witness has no tangible reason to justify why they don't celebrate xmas.. But they do wedding and merry over it. If we can mark his death we should also mark his birth

I know Jesus told his followers to remember his death but where exactly did he ask you to mark his birth ?

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Bukybabe(f): 7:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
will celebrating Christmas land someone in hell.Anyone that wants to celebrate christmas should...and those are not interested should stop bothering us...

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by adajoe555: 7:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
proudly a Jehovah's witness
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by adajoe555: 7:46pm On Dec 25, 2016
Nice one brother
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Mpanyi: 8:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
Who cares?
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by maximunimpact(m): 8:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
princetom1:

Ah, what can i say?

Modified.
Have u been lied to with what was taught? Check again, jw dont teach with, * my pastor said, they point it out from the bible, nowhere else from the bible, even ur definition of *lights get brighter * isn't word of mouth but from d scripture. So, do we now say the bible is lieing?

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Maximus85(m): 8:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:

WE DO NOT CARE!!!!!

You will care when the time comes.

The popular way (Broadway) leads to destruction and MANY people like you are going through it cos it's sweet and interesting. Whereas, tiny and cramped is the road leading to life and very FEW people are going through it.

Use your sense of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Maximus85(m): 8:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
Bukybabe:
will celebrating Christmas land someone in hell.Anyone that wants to celebrate christmas should...and those are not interested should stop bothering us...

No one is bothering you ma. Just make sure what you're doing is not against God's standards. If I know and I refuse to tell you, God will ask me.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by sabi99(m): 8:36pm On Dec 25, 2016
entrepreneurmic:
JW DOES NOT GET INVOLVE IN OLYMPICS GAMES.
how sure are u bro
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Opiletool(m): 8:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
atoleybaba:
av u been listenung to their teaching bawt xmas at all? Y remain ignorant and hardhearted to what they teach? Listen and learn and u will see that dy av more reason to celebrate jesus death to his birthday and u instead have poor reason y u should celebrate xmas. Buh one simple thing i will tell u today is jesus asked us to do d remembrance of his death(it is recorded in d bible) can u show me where in d bible that jesus asked u to celebrate his birth? Show me how many birthday acct of anybody in d bible? And how many of the recorded birthday was by rightous ones and how many of d birthday rrcorded had a good end? Then if u av any thinking cap on u will be able to find out y jw has genuine reason for not doing xmas. Note: these are just few questions u should reason on on y jw dont celebrate it o. If u want to know more contact dem and ask

Everybody has the right to celebrate whatever it is s/he wants to celebrate. Live and let's live.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by princetom1(m): 8:53pm On Dec 25, 2016
maximunimpact:

I rest my case, its gonna be a longer arguments if i reply u. Next time u wanna learn, open ur mind and soul and look things from a neutral point
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by princetom1(m): 9:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
gagewonda:
dat is d point i keep hammering to u bt u chose to focus on d luv luv luv...bro my mingling wit u guys made me see deeper nt because i wasnt allowed to marry from ur fold. Wat do u tink made me nt to join u guys even wen d pressure to join nd marry her was der..y do u tink i stood my ground nd let her nd u pple go.y cant u tink abt dat.....through d times i fraternized wit ur fold alot were revealed to me..i dont conform to dogmas for ur info....i search for d truth nd i pragmatically placed wat u pple teach nd wat u pple practice nd it was far apart nd der again der were oda tins in ur doctrine dat isnt right even if we go bak to d origin of d Jws ....was charles tazz russel free from free masonry? Have u researched on how ur headquarters in america was built? And wat it was built on? Abeg i want to be a christian - christ like ....i dont want to be in a sect

What is ur definition of Christian? All these yahoo yahoo pastors that tells u eat u love to hear? U should be wiser by now. I drop my pen. Happy holiday
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by gagewonda(m): 9:09pm On Dec 25, 2016
princetom1:

What is ur definition of Christian? All these yahoo yahoo pastors that tells u eat u love to hear? U should be wiser by now. I drop my pen. Happy holiday
http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/failed-1914-predictions.php is ur russel free? Go nd do ur own research about ur fold i can send u where u can get some facts nd mind u i am not Pentecostal...i am a christian i wanna be like christ though i am not perfect bt dat is my goal nd Jw will nt help me get der... add dis one also http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/607-1914.php try dis too http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/about-jwfacts.php these same governing council put fear in you to not research outside ur jw publications or risk disfellowship. Dat shld be a pointer dat dey dont want u to question der practices bt d same jws will want a non jw to question ders
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by maximunimpact(m): 9:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
princetom1:

I rest my case, its gonna be a longer arguments if i reply u. Next time u wanna learn, open ur mind and soul and look things from a neutral point

Same to u bro, open your eyes wide open to know more.......
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by maxzzo1(m): 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2016
Irony...dey don celebrate Christmas but dey buy Christmas cloths for der children....well Xmas celebration is not by force salvation matters......Merry Christmas to u all ; cheesy
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by davidel: 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Quoting from the king james version, Jesus specifically asked his disciples to teach people to observe all the things he commanded and he will be with them till the end of the world.

You will all agree that christmas was not in any way part of the things Jesus Christ commanded us to observe.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by davidel: 9:49pm On Dec 25, 2016
Matthew 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

whose commandment is xmas celebration? Christ? Certainly not! It's just the commandment of men made to excite the large number of christians who care less about what the scripture says. Christians claim xmas is a time to show love but my question is, "What happens to the other days"? Must we wait till december 25th before we can show love and affection? The best way we can show love is to help someone know the true God and get everlasting life in the long run. So brothers, spread the kingdom good news far and wide, never loose track. Everlasting life awaits us in God's new world.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Priceless200(f): 10:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
Jehova witnesses indeed. SMH. I just pity you guys shaa. In my own personal experience with JWs shaa. Having read through their literatures all these years, having one or two things to do around their members, I can only say there's no difference between Moslems as we see them amd JWs Walai.
Or should I say pegans. Very wicked set of people, one, which Christian set segregates even among fellow Christian set in Marriage, in many things, hypocrites. You don't celebrate birthdays, Christmas and so what. Leave us naa. Let's celebrate. Their hatred for Catholicism is really annoying . You hardly read any of their write up that doesn't have something to say against Catholic, like for real.? Why the hate. Do your own thing naa. It's almost as if the religion was set up on revenge/competition against Catholic. Well shaa. It's Christmas again, stop disturbing the world with your selfish doctrine, we ve heard enough. Happy Christmas to everyone. May the new born king of peace envelope us all with peace for one another no matter the religion. Amen.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by gagewonda(m): 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
Priceless200:
Jehova witnesses indeed. SMH. I just pity you guys shaa. In my own personal experience with JWs shaa. Having read through their literatures all these years, having one or two things to do around their members, I can only say there's no difference between Moslems as we see them amd JWs Walai.
Or should I say pegans. Very wicked set of people, one, which Christian set segregates even among fellow Christian set in Marriage, in many things, hypocrites. You don't celebrate birthdays, Christmas and so what. Leave us naa. Let's celebrate. Their hatred for Catholicism is really annoying . You hardly read any of their write up that doesn't have something to say against Catholic, like for real.? Why the hate. Do your own thing naa. It's almost as if the religion was set up on revenge/competition against Catholic. Well shaa. It's Christmas again, stop disturbing the world with your selfish doctrine, we ve heard enough. Happy Christmas to everyone. May the new born king of peace envelope us all with peace for one another no matter the religion. Amen.
thank God I've seen someone dat got close to dem nd shares my view. Personally i dont call dem christians cos dey are a different religion entirely. All dos love dey claim to share are smoke screen nd very hostile to beliefs of odas
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Stevosty: 10:18pm On Dec 25, 2016
There is what is called "instinct" if everything Jesus said or did were to be recorded I don't think a library can contain. 8
NIV:And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night.
NIV:An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.
NIV:But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.
NIV:Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
NIV:This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
NIV:Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
NIV:“Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
NIV:When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”
NIV:So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger.
NIV:When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child,
NIV:and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.
NIV:But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.
NIV:The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told. Luke 2.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by atoleybaba(m): 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
Opiletool:

Everybody has the right to celebrate whatever it is s/he wants to celebrate. Live and let's live.
yes ofcourse. They are not forcing u not to celebrate it. They just preach to y"ll and make u understand what u celebrate and think properly bawt it on whether u want to cont with d practice or not
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by SHOCK7(m): 10:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
EdoNation:

WE DO NOT CARE!!!!!

Very disappointing,u just want to live in ignorance!
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Bakrabas: 10:44pm On Dec 25, 2016
Aniedi30:
Christmas is not for everybody ...tho those guys are always stingy so Xmas will be an excuse for them

Deeper life too are stingy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Female Medical Student Delivered From Stealing & Masturbation By TB Joshua" / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! / Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.