Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? (61644 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by searay(m): 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
Please what is the meaning of the word "Christmas"?
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by joyeuxone: 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
curvilicious:

On Christmas day?
U no dey rest tongue

Lol! one has to hustle no ni....ESP in this economy. No be everyone dey celebrate Christmas
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by psalmsjob: 1:19pm On Dec 25, 2016
chuch69:
Nairaland self

Na evry year una dey bring dsame topic?

Abi na new mod dm wey no gey sense

Weytn concern me ma go chop chicken grin

Everyday is worth chopping chicken and giving to others don't wait till December 25th o.

If Jesus did not die on that cross his birth is useless. Thousands of children died at His birth but all souls are saved by His death if you believe?

Do Shepard herd sheep during winter, Particularly in the middle East?

And those anyone conduct census during winter when the weather is freezing cold?

I'm just trying to use my brain o faith apart because my faith allows me to believe that I virgin can begot a child if a mighty God is involved. But Shepard and Herod and his officials that will conduct census are human beings.

The most plausible time Jesus was born is springs or summer.

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Cortana2: 1:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
Browsenigeria:
Common misconceptions
Myth: The reason why Jehovah’s Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas is that they do not believe in Jesus.

Fact: We are Christians. We believe that salvation comes only through Jesus Christ.—Acts 4:12.

Myth: You divide families by teaching members not to celebrate Christmas.

Fact: We care deeply about families, and we use the Bible to help build stronger families.

Myth: You miss out on the “Christmas spirit” of generosity, peace on earth, and goodwill toward men.

Fact: We strive to be generous and peaceable every day. (Proverbs 11:25; Romans 12:18) For example, the way we conduct our meetings and preach is in harmony with Jesus’ instruction: “You received free, give free.” (Matthew 10:cool In addition, we direct attention to God’s Kingdom as the true hope for peace on earth.—Matthew 10:7.

Why don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses celebrate Christmas?
Jesus commanded that we commemorate his death, not his birth.—Luke 22:19, 20.
Jesus’ apostles and early disciples did not celebrate Christmas. The New Catholic Encyclopedia says that “the Nativity feast was instituted no earlier than 243 [C.E.],” more than a century after the last of the apostles died.
There is no proof that Jesus was born on December 25; his birth date is not recorded in the Bible.
We believe that Christmas is not approved by God because it is rooted in pagan customs and rites.—2 Corinthians 6:17.
Why make Christmas an issue?
Many still celebrate Christmas despite knowing about its pagan roots and lack of support from the Bible. Such persons could ask: Why should Christians take such an unpopular stance? Why make it an issue?

The Bible encourages us to think for ourselves, to use our “power of reason.” (Romans 12:1, 2) It teaches us to value the truth. (John 4:23, 24) So while we are interested in how others view us, we adhere to Bible principles even if it means that we become unpopular.

Although we choose not to celebrate Christmas ourselves, we respect each person’s right to decide for himself in this matter. We do not interfere in the Christmas celebrations of others.

It is in this area only that the two great rivals JW and DL agree, albeit slightly.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
chuch69:
Nairaland self

Na evry year una dey bring dsame topic?

Abi na new mod dm wey no gey sense

Weytn concern me ma go chop chicken grin

I wonder o. Last year, exactly this kyn time, a topic like this made front page.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Tracyesty(f): 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
[quote author=ajebuter post=52242352]Proudly JW...uote...same here
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by gagewonda(m): 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2016
psalmsjob:

Everyday is worth chopping chicken and giving to others don't wait till December 25th o.

If Jesus did not die on that cross his birth is useless. Thousands of children died at His birth but all souls are saved by His death if you believe?

Do Shepard herd sheep during winter, Particularly in the middle East?

And those anyone conduct census during winter when the weather is freezing cold?

I'm just trying to use my brain o faith apart because my faith allows me to believe that I virgin can begot a child if a mighty God is involved. But Shepard and Herod and his officials that will conduct census are human beings.

The most plausible time Jesus was born is springs or summer.
even at that we still will neva get d precise date Jesus Christ was born...december 25th isn't d proven date...its just a date set aside to mark His birth...we shldnt be arguing about dates bt we shld b soberly reflecting on d righteousness of d man Jesus nd how we can be like him
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by princetom1(m): 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2016
gagewonda:
u failed to answer my question

Sir, i have answered o, there are good people all around the world irrespective of their religion but Jehovah still want us to worship him in truth. Knowing God just enhances the good qualities in u.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Kingsley1000(m): 1:34pm On Dec 25, 2016
I love jw

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by gagewonda(m): 1:35pm On Dec 25, 2016
princetom1:

Sir, i have answered o, there are good people all around the world irrespective of their religion but Jehovah still want us to worship him in truth. Knowing God just enhances the good qualities in u.
so why can't u guys allow ur people marry a morally upright non jw?
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 25, 2016
Candycrusher:
The best form of Christianity is practiced by Jehovah's witnesses

No extortion in the name of tithes and offerings

No daddy G.O's elevated to a mini-god status

They frown at worldly aquisitions contrary to biblical teachings and they don't preach nor encourage materialism

Yet ignorants peeps will call them by bible twisters
It's the worst set of Christians because they're in occult.Always excluding themselves from their fellow Christians, practicing some practices that aren't biblical
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by obankie(m): 1:36pm On Dec 25, 2016
A very good write-up.

Let me share this with you, I know the year I was born but don't know month and day because I never grow up with my parent.

So, I choose my second name to form my birthday (Augustine = Aug 16), so celebrate my birthday every 16th August.

Jesus birth was not recorded, but we choose to celebrate his birth on this day.

In all, the question is "DO YOU PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH?"

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by driy65(m): 1:38pm On Dec 25, 2016
nathan5050:
'...go drink garri' , ok ur'e so ignorant that you have chosen to reveal the real reason why you can't drop a certain lifestlye or practice even if you know it's bad and that's #jolly. You know what Paul said concerning the signs of the end right at 2 Tim 3:1-5, I'll qoute just the part that concerns the context ; 'for men will be lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God...' . So you can't forfeit the pleasure christmas comes with just to please JAH Enjoy, I respect everyone's view.

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by deb(m): 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2016
Jehovah Witness your wahala too much. Serve God and forget religion abeg.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by IsaacBuchi(m): 1:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
I beg let me place my signature here too....

Proudly JW

Let me find trouble grin rosieflower2
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by princetom1(m): 1:44pm On Dec 25, 2016
gagewonda:
so why can't u guys allow ur people marry a morally upright non jw?

Am sure u know d answer, but wait o, wetin u see for d lady? She must be damn good u wish and wish... grin
Let me look for a lady to answer u again .... wink
cc: ajebuter

Modified:
JW follow principles as laid down in d bible, u could be a good person but wat guides u? Alot of good people doesn't see anything wrong in premarital sex, too much alcohol, partying day and night, cheating, bla bla bla... i haven't answered u o, someone else who is a Lady will
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by kingtinnie(m): 1:44pm On Dec 25, 2016
jehova witness -celebrates death and condemns birth...and they claim they are the best thing that exists
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Myde4naija(m): 1:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
This one no be fact as far as I'm concern.

You should try to research why depper life don't celebrate Xmas and I know other churches that didn't celebrate as well.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Damfostopper(m): 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2016
there are many churches out dere too... dat doesn't observe this poo

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by princetom1(m): 1:53pm On Dec 25, 2016
Myde4naija:
This one no be fact as far as I'm concern.

You should try to research why depper life don't celebrate Xmas and I know other churches that didn't celebrate as well.

Define a fact. What better fact than d one in d bible? Or where do they get their own facts from? Can u help us pls....?
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 25, 2016
Interesting.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by almarthins(m): 1:58pm On Dec 25, 2016
emsheddy:
The fact that you do not believe in something doesn't make it WRONG. I like how the O.P ended the write-up. Learn to respect other people's believes! Merry X-mas folks!

People will do whatever they so desire. Even on easter men and women still fornicate in the name of celebration. So what do you have to say about that? Christmas is nt the problem but mankind is

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by almarthins(m): 2:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
princetom1:

Define a fact. What better fact than d one in d bible? Or where do they get their own facts from? Can u help us pls....?

Jesus wasnt born on the 25th of DEC. Deeperlife general supretendent said Xmas celebration has pagan origin. Which is why their convention or retreat program always coincide with the date
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by damosky12(m): 2:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
Candycrusher:
The best form of Christianity is practiced by Jehovah's witnesses

No extortion in the name of tithes and offerings

No daddy G.O's elevated to a mini-god status

They frown at worldly aquisitions contrary to biblical teachings and they don't preach nor encourage materialism

Yet ignorants peeps will call them by bible twisters
They "practice the best form of Christianity". You must be God's PA or secretary. We know folks like you.

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by tete7000(m): 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
princetom1:

Ah, what can i say?

Modified.
Have u been lied to with what was taught? Check again, jw dont teach with, * my pastor said, they point it out from the bible, nowhere else from the bible, even ur definition of *lights get brighter * isn't word of mouth but from d scripture. So, do we now say the bible is lieing?

And hell is not biblical? Jesus Christ the son of God not biblical? Cross is not biblical? You came after the scripture has existed for over one thousand and five hundred years (1500) to give you own true interpretation of it. Meaning those who have used the scriptures before you, including those you might be claiming you respect all believed lies. Kwantinue!
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by entrepreneurmic: 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
Aniedi30:
Christmas is not for everybody ...tho those guys are always stingy so Xmas will be an excuse for them
RECIEVE SENSE.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by tete7000(m): 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
searay:
Please what is the meaning of the word "Christmas"?

Christ mass. Are you happy?
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by KidsNEXTdoor: 2:09pm On Dec 25, 2016
ajebuter:
Proudly JW....
Who cares?

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by dnative(m): 2:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
oja oyingbo no sabi who no come

can't fault them though, they don't celebrate it but let those who want to do so in peace without any trouble
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by entrepreneurmic: 2:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
realGURU:
christmass is idolatory, no wonder people still inulge in drnking and sex on christmass day like the original celebration
U ARE VERY CORRECT. D BIBLE DOES NOT SUPPORT IT.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by entrepreneurmic: 2:15pm On Dec 25, 2016
degemstone:
Jehovah witness are the best form of Christianity to me. i love the way they approach people and the way they talk about the kingdom of God.
GOD BLESS U 4 SAYING D TRUTH.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by princetom1(m): 2:15pm On Dec 25, 2016
tete7000:

And hell is not biblical? Jesus Christ the son of God not biblical? Cross is not biblical? You came after the scripture has existed for over one thousand and five hundred years (1500) to give you own true interpretation of it. Meaning those who have used the scriptures before you, including those you might be claiming you respect all believed lies. Kwantinue!

tongue , no point, u could have just given fact, those arent fact, just hearsay... i give up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Donates His Family House To Christ Embassy, Family About To Be Thrown Out / "Female Medical Student Delivered From Stealing & Masturbation By TB Joshua" / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You !

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.