Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? (61642 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Bhuldoxxa(m): 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2016
Candycrusher:
The best form of Christianity is practiced by Jehovah's witnesses

No extortion in the name of tithes and offerings

No daddy G.O's elevated to a mini-god status

They frown at worldly aquisitions contrary to biblical teachings and they don't preach nor encourage materialism

Yet ignorants peeps will call them by bible twisters

Bullsh.I.t. If they are the best you and wouldn't have been born because according to their watchtower society, the world was to end in 1925!
Jehovah's witnesses and failed predictions are like this..

3 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by maximunimpact(m): 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2016
princetom1:

I get it, u said *the world*. From fact of life, the bible and all rule, people like to belong irrespective of what is true. The bible said, when u know the truth, it will set u free. It even went further, that the road that leads to destruction is wide and countless are walking in it, but the road to life is narrow and few are walking in it. Lastly, Our action count alot

I always SMH whenever I hear JWs talk about being in the "truth".. .....the truth as JWs knew 50years ago is not same truth they teach today, and the so called truth they teach now will definitely change tomorrow. Because they hide behind the "Light gets brighter" to teach just about anything some self appointed faithful slaves in America chose to dish out.

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by princetom1(m): 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2016
emsheddy:
and your point is? That celebrating the birth of Christ will take folks to hell abi? Welldone sir! Point noted

tongue
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by femimat(m): 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2016
Who them epp Oshisko!!!
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by OluwaWizzy(m): 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2016
its just as statement of fact.. all one need do is make a research and come up with ya own conclusions... no specific date was recorded for Christ's birth. its eben scriptural that we're should celebrate his death rather thasn birth.. 'pls do this in remembrance of me'

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by princetom1(m): 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2016
maximunimpact:

I always SMH whenever I hear JWs talk about being in the "truth".. .....the truth as JWs knew 50years ago is not same truth they teach today, and the so called truth they teach now will definitely change tomorrow. Because they hide behind the "Light gets brighter" to teach just about anything some self appointed faithful slaves in America chose to dish out.

Ah, what can i say?

Modified.
Have u been lied to with what was taught? Check again, jw dont teach with, * my pastor said, they point it out from the bible, nowhere else from the bible, even ur definition of *lights get brighter * isn't word of mouth but from d scripture. So, do we now say the bible is lieing?

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by 9jatatafo(m): 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2016
I don't know who chose Dec 25th as Christ birthday. What I hate about this period is the way crime increases and how marketers exploit people for gains. Christmas was to be a season of love.

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Unimaginable123: 12:51pm On Dec 25, 2016
Candycrusher:

You will rather remain ignorant just to keep eating rice and chicken on the 25th than research if truly the origin of xmas is associated with the pagan god. Many of u are follow follow zombies. If your daddy G.O's approve the celebration of something, its ok even if it's contrary to biblical teachings.

How many of u are even taught the deep truths in the bible? Instead you spend the whole day casting and binding and preaching prosperity and tithing
what are u researching? What truth? If God exists, where does he live? In the space? Is that even possible?
Just celebrate whatever u are told to celebrate and leave fictitious Jesus out of it
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by gagewonda(m): 12:51pm On Dec 25, 2016
princetom1:

U see my brother, u can pretend to be holy, but that moment u get caught, u will disfelowship, elders dont have eyes everywhere and dont police u around. If anyone is caught to commint any offence, u will be disfellowship with immediately effect, so u don't infect others. U find it hard to accept some things, right? But am sure u had been thoroughly convinced with the bible truth, u hadn't been thought to copy a sister or brother or elder but Christ instead. One thing i can also tell u as a fact is, wherever u see an unfaithful or immoral sister or brother, he/she will walk with like mind to cover his or her tracks
if u agree der is immorality amongst some brothers nd sisters u will agree wit me der are also some holy/moral/righteous non Jw christians because all cannot be bad...so why den do u discriminate non Jw xtians are u saying der is non holier? To marry?

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by timecapsule: 12:51pm On Dec 25, 2016
princetom1:

Instead why dont u follow his instruction? What about the last super he commanded?. Even date is unknown, and as a fact, he wasn't born in December.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by timecapsule: 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2016
princetom1:

Instead why dont u follow his instruction? What about the last super he commanded?. Even date is unknown, and as a fact, he wasn't born in December.
Is the most reason why you are not christian?
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by vondi: 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
ajebuter:
Proudly JW....
I feel you my sister

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by princetom1(m): 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
gagewonda:
if u agree der is immorality amongst some brothers nd sisters u will agree wit me der are also some holy/moral/righteous non Jw christians because all cannot be bad...so why den do u discriminate non Jw xtians are u saying der is non holier? To marry?

That's just it, Jehovah God want us to walk in d light, in truth, even pagan and atheist too have people who are holy in character.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by princetom1(m): 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
vondi:

I feel you my sister

Lol...
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by princetom1(m): 1:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
timecapsule:
Is the most reason why you are not christian?

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by jonbellion(m): 1:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
Smh
Christmas
A story about a teenage pregnancy somewhere in the Middle East. Supposedly non-consensually impregnated by a god (who of course did not marry her) and forced to give birth in a stable/cave due to the lack of any social care
Jesus was literally a bastard cheesy
Since the earliest days of Christianity, the customs that Christians use to celebrate Christmas (and Easter) have been altered to attract non-Christians to the religion. Many pagan rituals were incorporated into Christmas festivities as a way to appease ancient converts who were reluctant to discard their old traditions
Plus jesus wasn't even born on December
Christians are just setting a day aside to celebrate a dead Jew god undecided
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by nathan5050(m): 1:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
driy65:
If most of you jehovah witnesses knw the circumtances sorrounding ur sects formation u wont spew dis trash online....we all av our differences the most important thing is we celebrating the birth of christ..whether january febrauary it doesnt matter..if you no wan ceelebrate allow pple chop thier chicken in peace go soak garri if it too pain u..
'...go drink garri' , ok ur'e so ignorant that you have chosen to reveal the real reason why you can't drop a certain lifestlye or practice even if you know it's bad and that's #jolly. You know what Paul said concerning the signs of the end right at 2 Tim 3:1-5, I'll qoute just the part that concerns the context ; 'for men will be lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God...' . So you can't forfeit the pleasure christmas comes with just to please JAH Enjoy, I respect everyone's view.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by theripper3: 1:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
The only association I have with JW is straff their sisters and mayb read their very insightful science oriented awake magazine .

If dem like make dem choose not bury themselves , make them rotten for tarred road.

Asswipes
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by DangotePikin: 1:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
degemstone:
Jehovah witness are the best form of Christianity to me. i love the way they approach people and the way they talk about the kingdom of God.
not only jehovah witness. Deeper life too do not celebrate Christmas. Some decade ago, some rccg branches were not recognizing Christmas too but all that has changed now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by sprezzatura(m): 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
A sect that all its discussions/meetings are centred around critisizing preachers in churches....
Does not tolerate other religious views but want their views to be accommodated by others......

A sect with so many commas.... but the churches just do not bother themselves about them....eg ammageddon prophesy of the 70s by witness that turned out to be a sham and somebody is calling pastors/preachers a in churches a bet9ja.....

who gave you the right to be a judge?

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by gbafem93(m): 1:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
I am proud to be a Jehovah's Witness.....the light keeps getting brighter

3 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by kurajordan(m): 1:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
Is today Christmas day ?
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by nathan5050(m): 1:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
jonbellion:
SmhJesus was literally a bastard cheesy
who's this guy

jonbellion:
Since the earliest days of Christianity, the customs that Christians use to celebrate Christmas (and Easter) have been altered to attract non-Christians to the religion. Many pagan rituals were incorporated into Christmas festivities as a way to appease ancient converts who were reluctant to discard their old traditions
Plus jesus wasn't even born on December
Christians are just setting a day aside to celebrate a dead Jew god undecided
you've got a point still
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by joyeuxone: 1:09pm On Dec 25, 2016
Join the fastest movement now....With 1k no need for referrals. We will help you in managing your accounts. You will get your money back within some dayS. Join now!
It's a four by four matrix. All you need to do is register and we do the rest for you. Get your referrals after some days....
Join our lil group first! Let's see how we can do this!
You would be told what to do *winks*

https:///EZmtzVqELluAy4UF5hKjVq
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Everblazinggg(f): 1:09pm On Dec 25, 2016
Welcome to Nigeria where they are more knowledgeable in English language than the British .
Where they are more knowledgeable on the bible than those that brought it here. Everybody is a professor here but when it comes to application, they are all zero . Well its none of my business.

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by gagewonda(m): 1:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
princetom1:

That's just it, Jehovah God want us to walk in d light, in truth, even pagan and atheist too have people who are holy in character.
u failed to answer my question
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by curvilicious: 1:14pm On Dec 25, 2016
Aniedi30:
Christmas is not for everybody ...tho those guys are always stingy so Xmas will be an excuse for them

Ok
You know them as well as i do
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by DonCortino: 1:15pm On Dec 25, 2016
Jehovah witnesses! Weda Una like am or not, Una must go church today.
Happy Christmas Y'all!

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 25, 2016
driy65:
If most of you jehovah witnesses knw the circumtances sorrounding ur sects formation u wont spew dis trash online....we all av our differences the most important thing is we celebrating the birth of christ..whether january febrauary it doesnt matter..if you no wan ceelebrate allow pple chop thier chicken in peace go soak garri if it too pain u..

The most important distinction between JW's and Christianity is not Christmas. It is the Trinity. They believe that Jesus was created by God and is lesser than God. As such they do not believe in salvation by faith in Christ's death alone but rather by obedience to Jehovah ( or rather the governing council of JW).

They do not believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus - rather they believe he was raised spiritually. The Christian scriptures say Christ was raised bodily hence his asking doubting Thomas to touch his side and also his eating with the disciples. Bodily resurrection is a key belief in mainline Christianity. 1 Cor 15:17

JW are welcomed to teach whatever they want and I defend their right to believe whatever they want but to say Christmas is the distinction between them and mainline Christianity is at best ignorance and at worst, dishonest.

For those who want to come at my statements online. Let's not hide behind the Internet. Let's schedule a physical meeting that we will record and put on NL and social media. If you are up for this as a JW, dm and let's set it up to discuss JW and Christian belief. JW is different from the "Followers of the Way" or those called Christians at Antioch. Let's them not deceive people and throw up smokescreens about Christmas.

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by curvilicious: 1:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
joyeuxone:
Join the fastest movement now....With 1k no need for referrals. We will help you in managing your accounts. You will get your money back within some dayS. Join now!
It's a four by four matrix. All you need to do is register and we do the rest for you. Get your referrals after some days....
Join our lil group first! Let's see how we can do this!
You would be told what to do *winks*

https:///EZmtzVqELluAy4UF5hKjVq

On Christmas day?
U no dey rest tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
Hahahaha ^^

ajebuter:
Proudly JW....
I'm not a JW but I love them.

What's the topic again.....make I go read and come back drop comment
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Prinzecharlez(m): 1:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
Proudly jw. The fact speaks for itself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold / Man Donates His Family House To Christ Embassy, Family About To Be Thrown Out / "Female Medical Student Delivered From Stealing & Masturbation By TB Joshua"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.