Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:33 AM

Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? (61646 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
ezechinwa2:

With all these diversities in Christianity, my question is which is the true religion? Dont tell me that we share a common goal despite our differences because we all have different doctoring, the Catholic have a different opinion,, JW have a different opinion, Cherubim and seraph have a different doctoring etc.
Sometimes we feel ours is the best cause that's the one we choose or we are born into.

This is important because it's like on earth we are reading different books rather than the reading the exert book.. You know what happens when your preparing for maths and your given chemistry!
All I know is that religious people, especially the big religious movements making all the big money always downplay the the passage

"Enter ye in by the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many are they that enter in thereby. For narrow is the gate, and straitened the way, that leadeth unto life, and few are they that find it."
Some christian leaders would wish us to cancel that part of scripture...
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by barragan: 3:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
careytommy7:
notice the people saying the best Christians are Jehovah witnesses are not even Christians?
some are atheists (satanist actually)

JWs are the worst hypocrites. Even worse than muslims.
Fornication is encouraged provided it is within

grin grin grin You can lie for Africa. Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 25, 2016
IsaacBuchi:
I beg let me place my signature here too....

Proudly JW

Let me find trouble grin rosieflower2
A quick question for you: " is wishing someone a merry Christmas when others wish you the same on Christmas day or when someone wishes you a happy birthday on your date of birth the same as celebrating it", even if deep down within you, you do not partake in any celebrations. cos I get confused about this aspect and thanks 4 your reply.

cc:1coinNaija
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by antispexish(m): 3:37pm On Dec 25, 2016
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by toboy: 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2016
While I believe that there exist God, the almighty. No ones argues Jesus was born on Christmas And no one can also really prove that the Bible was written by inspiration of holy spirit or by those who wish to use it to conquer other people.
It so narrow-minded for certain people not to understand that there are so many different ways people worship God. The white man brought Christianity to our forefathers and condemned all our traditional practices and belief system. They labeled us pagan or heathens unless we convert to their supreme ideologies and religion. They also enslaved your forefathers justifying this from the same Bible as well cuz they labelled the black nations as cursed descendants of Ham's tribe.
It so shameful that after these years, so many group still use the same ideology and Bible to segregate or judge their fellow brothers and sister.
For Christians and non-Christians around the world, Christmas means different things to them- A time to unite with family, a time to remember the less privilege, a time to REMEMBER the birth of Jesus, a time to rest and plan for the future year etc.
You should never condemn other people's belief systems cuz non is perfect. Holy books are meant to guide life's journey and not to dictate life journey.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by psalmsjob: 3:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
gagewonda:
did d bible also instructed us to celebrate new year day,anniversaries, national holidays, independence day etc..? also d bible instructed us to rest on d sabbath day y den do u guys go about preaching on d sabbath day? pls Note : im nt a believer in dat bt some people do....so u see we cannot be 100% jw shld stop pretending to be

I'm not a Jehovah witness!

My view on Christmas is that it should not be celebrated as a Christian doctrine or festival of the day Jesus was born but it should be like every other secular holidays like; independence day, marriage anniversary, birthday party, Armed forces day etc.

The Sabbath day is truly for those that believe on Jesus's death and resurrection as an atonement for their sins. They need not work for their salvation other than trusting the blood shed by Jesus they are the ones that have entered into the Sabbath day as it were, resting from all works to appear perfect before God. That is why Jesus said he is the Lord of the Sabbath.

The works every Christian has to do now is preaching the gospel of Jesus to everyone everytime and anywhere.

The Jehovah witness are doing that preaching more than most MOGs of nowadays with big cathedral but hollow congregations.

But like I began with I'm not a Jehovah witness because it's an organized Christian institution still and thus akin to what God wants for believers. Remember when the Spirit came upon those that gathered in the upper room in Acts of the Apostles shortly after Jesus's resurrection, the "fire" was on the head of each person and they were each speaking in diverse languages "meaningful" to other people around and they testified that each person was saying things about Jesus in their languages so that goes to show that Jesus doesn't want us to restrict ourselves to a group or under people's control but the Spirit and if we most gather it will be to encourage and meet the physical needs of one another.

Finally, I'm not perfect yet but I seriously want to be so when I eventually see God I shall definitely be like him, perfect.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by jozz(m): 4:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
urCreator:
World of differences*

Just practice what you believe in.

even if it is wrong abi? what I believe in is stealing peoples phones. can I use urs to make a call briefly? Tanks.(hope u get the analogy)

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Opiletool(m): 4:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
Candycrusher:

You will rather remain ignorant just to keep eating rice and chicken on the 25th than research if truly the origin of xmas is associated with the pagan god. Many of u are follow follow zombies. If your daddy G.O's approve the celebration of something, its ok even if it's contrary to biblical teachings.

How many of u are even taught the deep truths in the bible? Instead you spend the whole day casting and binding and preaching prosperity and tithing

My friend shut the hell up and stop being intentionally stupid.

Who or what you celebrate remains in your mind. How does not celebrating Christmas makes you a better human?
Idolaters raise hands to pray to their gods, does that means Christians worship the same gods whenever they raise their hands in prayer?
Get sense or borrow one my friend and stop being intolerant and irrational.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Agimor(m): 4:06pm On Dec 25, 2016
Jehovah witness members and their hypocrisy...
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Opiletool(m): 4:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
Candycrusher:

Why would they accept an invitation to where ignorance is taught instead of the real teachings of the bible. What will they learn in churches if not how to cast and bind their enemies instead of loving every one as themselves. What will they learn than useless prophesies and predictions from your bet9ja pastors?

From this response of yours it clearly shows that you really love your enemies. Your tone is that of anger and hatred. You are a good ambassador.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by jozz(m): 4:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
emsheddy:
Try inviting them to a church program or giving them a tract or handbill and see the kind of disgust they will display! Trust me bro you have no idea how those folks treat anything with christianity attached to it, as long as it is not JW related!

church program and tract containing unscriptural doctrines,what do u expect?
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by afternysc(f): 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
Browsenigeria:
Common misconceptions
Myth: The reason why Jehovah’s Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas is that they do not believe in Jesus.

Fact: We are Christians. We believe that salvation comes only through Jesus Christ.—Acts 4:12.

Myth: You divide families by teaching members not to celebrate Christmas.

Fact: We care deeply about families, and we use the Bible to help build stronger families.

Myth: You miss out on the “Christmas spirit” of generosity, peace on earth, and goodwill toward men.

Fact: We strive to be generous and peaceable every day. (Proverbs 11:25; Romans 12:18) For example, the way we conduct our meetings and preach is in harmony with Jesus’ instruction: “You received free, give free.” (Matthew 10:cool In addition, we direct attention to God’s Kingdom as the true hope for peace on earth.—Matthew 10:7.

Why don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses celebrate Christmas?
Jesus commanded that we commemorate his death, not his birth.—Luke 22:19, 20.
Jesus’ apostles and early disciples did not celebrate Christmas. The New Catholic Encyclopedia says that “the Nativity feast was instituted no earlier than 243 [C.E.],” more than a century after the last of the apostles died.
There is no proof that Jesus was born on December 25; his birth date is not recorded in the Bible.
We believe that Christmas is not approved by God because it is rooted in pagan customs and rites.—2 Corinthians 6:17.
Why make Christmas an issue?
Many still celebrate Christmas despite knowing about its pagan roots and lack of support from the Bible. Such persons could ask: Why should Christians take such an unpopular stance? Why make it an issue?

The Bible encourages us to think for ourselves, to use our “power of reason.” (Romans 12:1, 2) It teaches us to value the truth. (John 4:23, 24) So while we are interested in how others view us, we adhere to Bible principles even if it means that we become unpopular.

Although we choose not to celebrate Christmas ourselves, we respect each person’s right to decide for himself in this matter. We do not interfere in the Christmas celebrations of others.

You guys all need to see this post: Can Christians Celebrate The Christmas? Examined Objectively @ https://www.bestnaija.com/can-christians-celebrate-christmas-examined-objectively-t46502
It will open your eyes. What I see missing in Christendom is the prevalent digression from Bible. They'd rather use common sense explanation rather than stick with the Holy Book.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Debbime(f): 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
Let me try to answer you with my very very limited knowledge of the doctrines of the Witnesses .

femi4:
Really, a group of people that doesnt mingle with others yet tried to force their believe on you.

They don't marry outsider: 2 Corinthians 6 vs 14. Even in the old Testament, there are several places where the Israelite were warned against marrying from the outside and case in point King Solomon, His pagan wives turned him from following the true God, Jehovah.

[/b]They don't celebrate their achievements e.g birthdays: the only celebration of birthday recorded in the bible was that of 2 pagan kings: Pharoah (Gen 40vs 20 and Herod (Matt. 14vs16) and both celebration, there was a murder.

They don't believe in the word "Church":[b] This I cannot give give you answer now for without research but I believe a seasoned witness here can answer that.

They ascribe only "Jehovah" to God's name as if the rest of His names are weak
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by afternysc(f): 4:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
Debbime:
Let me try to answer you with my very very limited knowledge of the doctrines of the Witnesses .

You guys all need to see this post: Can Christians Celebrate The Christmas? Examined Objectively @ https://www.bestnaija.com/can-christians-celebrate-christmas-examined-objectively-t46502
It will open your eyes. What I see missing in Christendom is the prevalent digression from Bible. They'd rather use common sense explanation rather than stick with the Holy Book.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 25, 2016
emsheddy:
Try inviting them to a church program or giving them a tract or handbill and see the kind of disgust they will display! Trust me bro you have no idea how those folks treat anything with christianity attached to it, as long as it is not JW related!

How can you invite a master degree graduate to attend primary one classes. Doesn't make sense.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Debbime(f): 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
I have read it.....open my eyes how? Cause it seems we are both on the same side

It will open your eyes. What I see missing in Christendom is the prevalent digression from Bible. They'd rather use common sense explanation rather than stick with the Holy Book.[/quote]
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by afternysc(f): 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
ydass:

How can you invite a master degree graduate to attend primary one classes. Doesn't make sense.
I LOVE YOU!

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Opiletool(m): 4:26pm On Dec 25, 2016
princetom1:

U see my brother, u can pretend to be holy, but that moment u get caught, u will disfelowship, elders dont have eyes everywhere and dont police u around. If anyone is caught to commint any offence, u will be disfellowship with immediately effect, so u don't infect others. U find it hard to accept some things, right? But am sure u had been thoroughly convinced with the bible truth, u hadn't been thought to copy a sister or brother or elder but Christ instead. One thing i can also tell u as a fact is, wherever u see an unfaithful or immoral sister or brother, he/she will walk with like mind to cover his or her tracks

Disfellowship? What happened to forgiveness?
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by princetom1(m): 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
gagewonda:
naaah bro u r getting me wrong if u read my earlier posts u will see where i said i got close to dem nd almost joined dem...yes she was instrumental in all of it bt i took time to study der ways nd alot was revealed dat i cannot be typing here pls...my findings made me realise its just a cult coated wit christianity....christianity cannot be operated in a cult manner its open to all....not riding under d dictates of some free masons called governing council nd dishing out contradictory lights nd blindfold der followers wit d line' the light gets brighter' i asked my ex den nd im asking u now .....if a light is giving today 25th dec. 2016 nd all jw adheres to it nd by 2018 ders a modification to dat light. Do u agree wit me it means u were adhering to a wrong practice all through 2016 to 2018? Nd wat makes u feel dat same new light is even error free?..... see no doctrine is 100% human proof it is always wat d rulers or propagators of d doctrine feel is right dat dey preach nd der understanding of d bible is only d amount of revelation dey can get nd Jw is no exception

Now i gave up with ur replies, u went to see lies and am sure, no matter how good u look, ur steriotype wount let u see d truth. Just like u imagined before u for close, ur mind is blocked to d truth. If we are a cult, why come to ur door to preach? Why print our publications in more than 400 languages? Why open our kingdom hall for all to attend? There is no propagator or ruler like u assumed, the bible form our bases 100%, Jw isn't owned by anybody that the doctrine of that person will be taught... naa, this isnt pastor CHRIS teachings or others, everything we believe is from the bible. I am sure, through ur investigation, all believe were pointed from the bible, u just find it hard to accept, ah, you still pained u weren't allowed to marry that lady, no need for argument anymore, i perfectly understand u. This is a case of going to jw to learn and expose them but u were proved wrong, and the bad part is, u fell inlove, and it didn't go according to script and now u lashing out. Sorry bro, check yourself well

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Reader1988: 4:34pm On Dec 25, 2016
veekid:
Cos they don't celebrate what's not right
But Muslims Sunni too don't believe in Maulud, I e remembrance of d day Prophet Muhammad was born. shires are d best Muslims
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by princetom1(m): 4:36pm On Dec 25, 2016
Opiletool:

Disfellowship? What happened to forgiveness?

When u show sign of repentance, u will be accept back, besides, they would had warned u before. And mind u, u are allowed to attend congregations anytime, anywhere, nobody can ever stop u from entering hall, besides, we dont have security personnel, to even stop u to begin with

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Reader1988: 4:41pm On Dec 25, 2016
Candycrusher:
The best form of Christianity is practiced by Jehovah's witnesses

No extortion in the name of tithes and offerings

No daddy G.O's elevated to a mini-god status

They frown at worldly aquisitions contrary to biblical teachings and they don't preach nor encourage materialism

Yet ignorants peeps will call them by bible twisters
The best Muslims are kala- katu, they don't Believe in Hadith, Tariqh and Fiqh and Shites. No matter what, Christians cannot be terrorists and bomb themselves like Islam
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Denuga002(m): 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
Brothers, Sisters... You've hit the nail on the head.. it's left to them do make the truth their own. It's either their conscience excuses them or accuses them... would like to meet my fellow JW on nairaland. You can add me on WhatsApp: 07082566384
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by femi4: 4:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
Debbime:

Oh other denominations are pegans.
Only JW is true. Dey there dey deceive yourself
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by atoleybaba(m): 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
rickyrex:
Child birth brings happiness to every family...even the non delivers still share in the birth of christ.. The truth is that jahova witness has no tangible reason to justify why they don't celebrate xmas.. But they do wedding and merry over it. If we can mark his death we should also mark his birth
av u been listenung to their teaching bawt xmas at all? Y remain ignorant and hardhearted to what they teach? Listen and learn and u will see that dy av more reason to celebrate jesus death to his birthday and u instead have poor reason y u should celebrate xmas. Buh one simple thing i will tell u today is jesus asked us to do d remembrance of his death(it is recorded in d bible) can u show me where in d bible that jesus asked u to celebrate his birth? Show me how many birthday acct of anybody in d bible? And how many of the recorded birthday was by rightous ones and how many of d birthday rrcorded had a good end? Then if u av any thinking cap on u will be able to find out y jw has genuine reason for not doing xmas. Note: these are just few questions u should reason on on y jw dont celebrate it o. If u want to know more contact dem and ask
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by gagewonda(m): 5:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
princetom1:

Now i gave up with ur replies, u went to see lies and am sure, no matter how good u look, ur steriotype wount let u see d truth. Just like u imagined before u for close, ur mind is blocked to d truth. If we are a cult, why come to ur door to preach? Why print our publications in more than 400 languages? Why open our kingdom hall for all to attend? There is no propagator or ruler like u assumed, the bible form our bases 100%, Jw isn't owned by anybody that the doctrine of that person will be taught... naa, this isnt pastor CHRIS teachings or others, everything we believe is from the bible. I am sure, through ur investigation, all believe were pointed from the bible, u just find it hard to accept, ah, you still pained u weren't allowed to marry that lady, no need for argument anymore, i perfectly understand u. This is a case of going to jw to learn and expose them but u were proved wrong, and the bad part is, u fell inlove, and it didn't go according to script and now u lashing out. Sorry bro, check yourself well
lols i also give up on explaining tins to u...well, i wasn't expecting different from u cos nobody go say him mama food no sweet bt i want u to knw its not abt falling in luv bro rather d luv made me realise d oda side of ur fold dat u hide away from d public...im nt pained cos i wasnt allowed to marry her u don't even knw d half about dat i cant come here to narrate all for u bro bt believe me you will neva see d wrongs in ur ways cos u were born in it.....i also didnt say u have a ruler bt dont tell me u pple dont have a governing council dat release lights for u pple so dont patronise urself... wen i used d word cult i didnt say secret cult ok..so cult doesnt mean it has to be hidden so u opening ur kingdom halls doesnt mk u less of a cult. Ur ways mk u pple. I will stop here. Tnks for arguing wit me...we can rest d matter now
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Jossibest(m): 5:09pm On Dec 25, 2016
Bt d truth is dat d bible did not keep date of jesus birth.
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Debbime(f): 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
I dont have to deceive myself dear, from what Christians do to each other I will rather be a pagan than to attend all these churches, and for your info and clarification, it only means that birthdays have pagan origins and not that other religions are pagans.

Meanwhile, I am not a witness YET!!!

femi4:
Oh other denominations are pegans.
Only JW is true. Dey there dey deceive yourself
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by gagewonda(m): 5:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
Denuga002:
Brothers, Sisters... You've hit the nail on the head.. it's left to them do make the truth their own. It's either their conscience excuses them or accuses them... would like to meet my fellow JW on nairaland. You can add me on WhatsApp: 07082566384
looking for another sister to sleep wit like u guys usually do abi
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by princetom1(m): 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
gagewonda:
lols i also give up on explaining tins to u...well, i wasn't expecting different from u cos nobody go say him mama food no sweet bt i want u to knw its not abt falling in luv bro rather d luv made me realise d oda side of ur fold dat u hide away from d public...im nt pained cos i wasnt allowed to marry her u don't even knw d half about dat i cant come here to narrate all for u bro bt believe me you will neva see d wrongs in ur ways cos u were born in it.....i also didnt say u have a ruler bt dont tell me u pple dont have a governing council dat release lights for u pple so dont patronise urself... wen i used d word cult i didnt say secret cult ok..so cult doesnt mean it has to be hidden so u opening ur kingdom halls doesnt mk u less of a cult. Ur ways mk u pple. I will stop here. Tnks for arguing wit me...we can rest d matter now

Before i leave, one thing u failed to replied was, was there ever a time u were made to believe anything without bible proof? U fell inlove, it didn't go as u want and alot happened after that, its a familiar scenario. Did i even told u i was born in it? Nope. We all learn the truth either we are born in it or not. I think u know d truth, just that part u were denied to marry is wat started ur negative believe abt jw. Everything we do is something open and no hidden believe at all. U can pm me if u wish. Is nice u mingle with us, at least u know some truth abt us. Cheers, have a lovely day
Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
urCreator:
World of differences*

Just practice what you believe in.

And let others live their life

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? by femi4: 5:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
Debbime:
I dont have to deceive myself dear, from what Christians do to each other I will rather be a pagan than to attend all these churches, and for your info and clarification, it only means that birthdays have pagan origins and not that other religions are pagans.

Meanwhile, I am not a witness YET!!!

Is there any day that is free of pagan worship e.g

Monday: Moon day

Thursday: Sacrifice day

Sunday: Sun day

So, any day you choose to worship, a particular god is being worship.

The day the three Hebrews refused to bow to Baal and King Nebuchadnezzar saw God in action.

In his words, he said from today "We shall be worshpping the God of Shadrach Meshach and Abednego

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Donates His Family House To Christ Embassy, Family About To Be Thrown Out / "Female Medical Student Delivered From Stealing & Masturbation By TB Joshua" / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.