Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,847 members, 7,872,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:28 PM

Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke (28812 Views)

Poll: Mourinho is

Over-rated: 36% (4 votes)
Simply good: 63% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Louis Van Gaal Still A Tactical Genius? / Genius Messi Breaks Another Record Set By Raul. / Cesc Fabregas - The Spanish Genius At The Heart Of Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 9:58pm On Mar 17, 2010
@Dayokanu
Valencia where quality then jare! The only other legit teams in Spain where Depor and Madrid so don't make it sound like Valencia where shyte. They made the UCL Finals twice at the turn of the millenium contrast that to a Porto who where European nobodies just there to make the numbers due to their local champion status. Or else you want to tell us Korea are world powers since they have not missed the mundial since 94

After Benitez, what has been their highest League position? But after Mourinho, Porto has won their league 5 times after Mourinho. That shows Benitez made the difference in Valencia.

Benitez has not managed a league title in 6 seasons since Valencia he only even competed once. The local league may carry less weight but its harder to win than the UCL, Benitez won the UCL and finished almost 50pts behind the winners and even finished 5th thats not good enuff and thats why i would always rate Ancelotti and Rafa below Mourinho the only mordern coach i would prolly take over Mourinho is Rijkaard

Just like Mourinho has not managed a European final in 7 attempts. You mean local league is harder to win than CL? I bet Porto, Barcelona, Lyon, Chelsea etc would disagree SHow me any club that has won more league titles than CL.

Ancelotti won 2 CL and played another final, Tell us what Mr Genius has achieved and they are about the same age.
Rafa has 3 European finals tell us about Mr Special one.

A student that goes to Berkeley, Yale and Georgetown and takes first position in each school has to be a genius

But can only make the National finals in 7 attempts. That shows something is wrong.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Ibime(m): 9:59pm On Mar 17, 2010
When JM comes to your team, you are guaranteed to win the league.

You are also guaranteed that:

Wages will increase 100% within a couple of years.

£50m worth of players will be bought and put on the bench.

He will ask for a new improved contract after just one season. . . otherwise he is leaving to Madrid.

Your players will also start asking for humoungous contracts. . . no doubt following JM's example.

You will play boring football.

He wont stay more than 3 - 5 years.

He will leave an unhealthy and unbalanced team where some players think they run the club.

Basically, if you want JM at your club, be prepared to lose £30m - £50m per season. . . cos he's high maintenance!

Yes, a good manager, but I would never want him at my club.

When I hear Wenger saying hes gonna sit down with a player to discuss his contract, I see a good manager who cares about his club. When I see JM telling Roman Abramovic that he must give new £150,000 contract to John Terry and Lampard, I see a man who doesnt care about the club.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Ijeleigbo(m): 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2010
All these critics of mourinho you are all sycophants! A man who has lifted all the trophies at his disposal, went to portugal, england and italy and suceeded in the three league what do you expect from him?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by A40(m): 10:43pm On Mar 17, 2010
@Ibime
Chic ain't cheap. There is a reason why your gurlie would prefer a Balenciaga bag to your average designer bag. Lol

@Dayokanu
They have made the top 4 on 3 occasions even reaching the UCL quarters and are right up there now. They woulda been doing better now if not for their well documented credit problem so stop making it sound like they relegated

7 attempts? Egbon e farabale
04/05
05/06
06/07
08/09
09/10

Na wa oh when no be say we dey your fave buka wey u dey always demand jara

Ancelotti has been coaching longer than Mourinho so what gives? Rafa has made the finals just twice so stop giving us zobo besides the koko is that he has won it. I am sure Wenger and Cuper would give their left nuts for a winners medal
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 1:59am On Mar 18, 2010
Ibime:

When JM comes to your team, you are guaranteed to win the league.

You are also guaranteed that:

1) £50m worth of players will be bought and put on the bench.

He will ask for a new improved contract after just one season. . . otherwise he is leaving to Madrid.

Your players will also start asking for humoungous contracts. . . no doubt following JM's example.

2) You will play boring football.

3) He will leave an unhealthy and unbalanced team where some players think they run the club.

4) Basically, if you want JM at your club, be prepared to lose £30m - £50m per season. . . cos he's high maintenance!

Yes, a good manager, but I would never want him at my club.

5) When I hear Wenger saying hes gonna sit down with a player to discuss his contract, I see a good manager who cares about his club.

6) When I see JM telling Roman Abramovic that he must give new £150,000 contract to John Terry and Lampard, I see a man who doesnt care about the club.

grin grin grin

Love ya neighbour as yourself. Call a spade a spade jare. Dont mix up facts jo.

1) If £50m worth DESERVED to be on the bench
2) Just like yesterday grin and its very very much OBVIOUS that we've been playing fascinating footie since JM left.
3) Explanation?
4) High maintenance
5) Does JM ask them to stand-up to discuss contract? grin They got to sit down. Init?
6) Where on earth do you get this kind rumour? He was not on £150k a week when JM was here? Was this contract influenced from JM's armchair in Milan? grin grin Jesus christ is lord
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 2:09am On Mar 18, 2010
Quote from Sharoun

SAF has done it TWICE in elite Europe. . . .
Jose should repeat it as well.

How many years does it take SAF to do ? Is JM off such radar?

I have said this several times, he is no fluke and no coach is a genius. I repeat No one!

@A40

You dey mind these guys

@Debo

When can we say a coach is a genuis as per vocabulary?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 2:11am On Mar 18, 2010
Akolawole:

How many years does it take SAF to do ? Is JM off such radar?

SAF have won 4 titles in Europe.
He has managed to get his teams to 5 finals in Europe.
Not a bad statistics, is it?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 2:22am On Mar 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

1) SAF have won 4 titles in Europe.

2) He has managed to get his teams to 5 finals in Europe.

1) Within how many years? grin

2) Is this really important? Do you remember mighty jets of Jos?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Ibime(m): 2:23am On Mar 18, 2010
Akolawole:

1) If £50m worth DESERVED to be on the bench

Then why did he buy them?

Akolawole:

2) Just like yesterday grin and its very very much OBVIOUS that we've been playing fascinating footie since JM left.

Ancelotti is no comparison with his fancy style of play unsuitd to the current squad. GH would win league easily given a full season.

I dont doubt JM's ability to win. . . I just dont want this kind of wasteful manager in my club who has no purpose for the club except promoting his own name.

SAF builds Manure in an image we all recognise.

AW is building a brand of football we all recognise.

Johann Cruyff built a brand of Barcelona we all recognise.

Rinus Michels built a brand of Ajax we all recognise.

What brand did Jose build for Chelsea? Can you see any direction in his management except winning trophies at all cost?

Where is the team Jose built? Where are the young players he bought? Where are the ones he sold cos he had no patience to develop? (Glen Johnson, Lassana Diarra etc)?

Is this the same JM that spends £25m on a 30 year old Diego Milito? Yes Diego is shining now, but what about in 3 years time? Of course JM doesnt care because he wont be there in 3 years time. He is only here for his own self-promotion.

Can AW and SAF do something like that to a club?

Akolawole:

3) Explanation?.

Untouchables like John Terry and Drogba who think they run the club and behave however innit?

Akolawole:

4) High maintenance

No club can continue leaking £50m+ every year. . . whether at Inter or Chelsea, Jose's model is high financial loss in return for trophy.

Why not run things like SAF and AW, and run a self-sustaining club?

Akolawole:

5) Does JM ask them to stand-up to discuss contract? grin They got to sit down. Init?

The point being, Jose does not even sit in on contract negotiations unlike AW and SAF. . . at Arsenal, AW is responsible for holding contract talks directly. . . all Jose knows is to warn RA that he MUST give Lamps and Terry new contract. . . whatever they are asking for.

Akolawole:

6) Where on earth do you get this kind rumour? He was not on £150k a week when JM was here? Was this contract influenced from JM's armchair in Milan? grin grin Jesus christ is lord

Lampard contract talks were open for 2 years. . . it was in 2006 when Lampard first started asking for £150,000 with Jose shouting that they must pay him or else. . .  

You failed to address:

Is this a club builder?

Is this a man you entrust with a new project?

Yes, he won trophies. . . . but he didn't build any project!!!

If only we can rewind to 2004, and entrust this project to a club builder, I wonder what kind of youngsters we will parading now, what style of footie we would be playing, and how sustainable our club would be.

As it stands, we are having to replace our whole team which means spending another £200m or so all over again. How long can we continue this model? Where is the sustainability?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 2:34am On Mar 18, 2010
Akolawole:

1) Within how many years? grin

It's not a matter of how long but how well.
Jose hasn't been in a European final in SIX years and you see him as a messiah?
How come?

2) Is this really important? Do you remember mighty jets of Jos?

Winning is the name of the game.
SAF has won 2 UCL titles. . . . .FACT!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 2:42am On Mar 18, 2010
Dont behave like a frustrated man. I was flicking tru Nairaland post yesterday and i saw the following where i was througly yabbed after our exit in 2005.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-3970.96.html

# Any footie analyst that uses SAF and AW as a yardstick is useless. Let either of them go to Madrid and i can bet it that within 365 days they will be disgraced out. Like we've discuss here few months ago, what do RA want? Thats the key. That will be the key factor in our development. Do the man want long time or Instant success? If its the later JM will always be a cult figure at the bridge for life. Sometimes, winning trophies needs luck. Its very possible that Chelsea may never win the champions league even with the best coach in the land. I will like to see how RA will treat Carlo in 2 years(If he last that? cry)

None of us own chelsea and we dont know what the Russian want. Did you?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 2:44am On Mar 18, 2010
~Sauron~:

It's not a matter of how long but how well.
Jose hasn't been in a European final in SIX years and you see him as a messiah?
How come?

JM will win 6 within that donkey years. FACT in fact Ian Dowie can do it.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Ibime(m): 2:53am On Mar 18, 2010
Akolawole:

Dont behave like a frustrated man. I was flicking tru Nairaland post yesterday and i saw the following where i was througly yabbed after our exit in 2005.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-3970.96.html

# Any footie analyst that uses SAF and AW as a yardstick is useless. Let either of them go to Madrid and i can bet it that within 365 days they will be disgraced out. Like we've discuss here few months ago, what do RA want? Thats the key. That will be the key factor in our development. Do the man want long time or Instant success? If its the later JM will always be a cult figure at the bridge for life. Sometimes, winning trophies needs luck. Its very possible that Chelsea may never win the champions league even with the best coach in the land. I will like to see how RA will treat Carlo in 2 years(If he last that? cry)

None of us own chelsea and we dont know what the Russian want. Did you?

All this one na story. . . what kind of long time can you have with a manager like Jose who spends recklessly?

JM does not behave like a manager who is in it for the long haul, so why should RA give him such goodwill?

RA knows this man is only in it to promote his name.

It is on record that AW won a trophy with Arsenal instantly. . . and he only needed to spend very little money to do it.

Wenger showed pragmatism and good money management from his early days whilst winning trophies, and that is why Arsenal gave him a long time to build the fancy project he is building now.

Jose did not show any such pragmatism. From day one, Jose style of management was scorched earth policy. Burn the club's finances and leave the ashes behind.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 2:54am On Mar 18, 2010
Ibime:

1) Then why did he buy them?

2)SAF builds Manure in an image we all recognise.

3) Untouchables like John Terry and Drogba who think they run the club and behave however innit?

4) Why not run things like SAF and AW, and run a self-sustaining club?

5) all Jose knows is to warn RA that he MUST give Lamps and Terry new contract. . . whatever they are asking for.

6) Lampard contract talks were open for 2 years. . . it was in 2006 when Lampard first started asking for £150,000 with Jose shouting that they must pay him or else. . .  

1) Can you play an off-form Sheva? (2) Depends  on the aim of the club (3) Every single club have the untouchables not from behavioural point though. (4) Answered already (5) Why are you lying? Thats not true! The only person JM fight to have his contract extended was Steve clarke (6) Thats NOT true.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 2:59am On Mar 18, 2010
Ibime:

All this one na story. . . what kind of long time can you have with a manager like Jose who spends recklessly?

JM does not behave like a manager who is in it for the long haul, so why should RA give him such goodwill?

RA knows this man is only in it to promote his name.

It is on record that AW won a trophy with Arsenal instantly. . . and he only needed to spend very little money to do it.

Wenger showed pragmatism and good money management from his early days whilst winning trophies, and that is why Arsenal gave him a long time to build the fancy project he is building now.

Jose did not show any such pragmatism. From day one, Jose style of management was scorched earth policy. Burn the club's finances and leave the ashes behind.

Nonsense!

Ask a proper gunner like Debo where Arsenal is heading to. They will tell you.

At least JM is gone with his many evils, where is our team heading to? What is our longtime goal? I am 100% sure,you know NOT.

It is rested in the earth of one Oil merchant who can do and undo.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Ibime(m): 3:25am On Mar 18, 2010
Akolawole:

At least JM is gone with his many evils, where is our team heading to? What is our longtime goal? I am 100% sure,you know NOT.

Thats what I keep asking. . . where is the club headed to?. . . the man who was given a clean slate and hundreds of million to spend left little to show for it in terms of players or club culture/style of play. . . and since then, we have little money to invest. . .so we start rebuilding again, and this time we have to do it properly, not rush rush like JM did it.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akolawole(m): 3:42am On Mar 18, 2010
Ibime:

Thats what I keep asking. . . where is the club headed to?. . . the man who was given a clean slate and hundreds of million to spend left little to show for it in terms of players or club culture/style of play. . . and since then, we have little money to invest. . .so we start rebuilding again, and this time we have to do it properly, not rush rush like JM did it.

There is somewhere in Ibadan that is called Layipo grin

You just dey layipo.

1) Me and you are just paperweight. Can RA gave any coach 3 years to make things n without winning anything?

Ans: I very much doubt that.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 10:26am On Mar 18, 2010

The first one after 13 years in charge of united, the 2nd one after 22 years,  JM got cl finals after 3 years of his managerial career

5) all Jose knows is to warn RA that he MUST give Lamps and Terry new contract. . . whatever they are asking for.

Jose wasnt here when the moved Terry's contract from 135 to 170k

Jose didnt negotiate the £121k for ballack, £130k for Shevchenko, 90k for both Veron and Crespo,

Jose said local talent do not come cheap and the 2 you mentioned held Chelsea to Ransom, Jose was at Inter Milan when Chelsea gave Lampard £150k a week,

3) Untouchables like John Terry and Drogba who think they run the club and behave however innit?

Yes Jose called them the untouchables but they started their antics after when Jose left, Terry had a hand in Jose's dismissal,  Drogba is one of those who call the shots at the club,

SAF builds Manure in an image we all recognise.

Johann Cruyff built a brand of Barcelona we all recognise.

Rinus Michels built a brand of Ajax we all recognise.

What brand did Jose build for Chelsea? Can you see any direction in his management except winning trophies at all cost?

Where is the team Jose built? Where are the young players he bought? Where are the ones he sold cos he had no patience to develop? (Glen Johnson, Lassana Diarra etc)?

Is this the same JM that spends £25m on a 30 year old Diego Milito? Yes Diego is shining now, but what about in 3 years time? Of course JM doesnt care because he wont be there in 3 years time. He is only here for his own self-promotion.

Can AW and SAF do something like that to a club?

SAF built an image off the back of DAVID BECKHAM… Manchester United made millions of the back of the East Londoner…, What’s the difference in the 30m Jose paid on Milito and SAF 32m he paid on Berbatov or 28m he paid on Veron, 18m on Hargreaves and Anderson?

AW is the only manager in European history that has lost the UEFA, Cup Winners cup and CL…. When Wenger arrived his team was one of the dirtiest team around, week after week red card after red card, Vieira, Grimandi and Petit… and he inherited the famous back four, how ironic he couldn’t build another defence since then…. After the invincible and the commitment the club has towards the stadium his hands were tied! And Arsenal had to produce their own players. Arsene is trying to Mirror the Spanish blue print, like Jose said Wenger would go for a rough diamond and polish it up…,

Johan Cruyff… was lucky with the European cup they won in 1992, but Capello’s injury ravage team put Cruyffs team to the sword in the 1994…

Jose’s brand of football… if it wins Nigeria the next world cup Nigerians wont complain… the 9 world cup the European countries have won only France played an attractive brand of football, German played something similar to Jose’s brand (effective and efficient football) Italian played Catennacio which is a cure for insomnia.

“He is only here for his own self-promotion” well he could get sacked tomorrow so he has to think about himself…
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 11:45am On Mar 18, 2010
Akolawole:

JM will win 6 within that donkey years. FACT in fact Ian Dowie can do it.

JM can never win the UCL with Inter Milan or Chelsea.
He will have to go to Barcelona or Man Utd to achieve that.
Besides, the era of Fergie/Wenger is different to what we have now.
Only league champions played in the Champions League in those days which means Chelsea wouldn't have participated in 2004/5 when Jose arrived because Chelsea finished 2nd in the previous season.

omar22:

The first one after 13 years in charge of united, the 2nd one after 22 years,  JM got cl finals after 3 years of his managerial career

How many times are we going to remind you herbs that English clubs were banned in Europe when SAF arrived in Man Utd?
He won a European cup in his first attempt in 90/91 beating Barcelona in the Final.

omar22:

SAF built an image off the back of DAVID BECKHAM… Manchester United made millions of the back of the East Londoner…, What’s the difference in the 30m Jose paid on Milito and SAF 32m he paid on Berbatov or 28m he paid on Veron, 18m on Hargreaves and Anderson?

This statement is highly retarded.
By the time Beckham became a senior player, United had won 2 league titles and one European cup under Ferguson.
Anyone saying United made millions of the back of Beckham is a simpleton. . . .stop copying and pasting rubbish to make useless points.
United made money from their success on the football pitch.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Wahala90: 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2010
[center]"What else do these GoatCrants want from me? OK, give me this same Chelsea team and I will use them to beat this Inter side" - Jose Mourinho[/center]
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Wahala90: 1:07pm On Mar 18, 2010
Still waiting for the touch of genius from Jose tonight. Chelsea has dominated him so far

Is this all Jose Mourinhos could come out with? A subdued performance at home.
Wait for return leg.

Na Wa ooo! We can all see clearly that you are not only biased but can never give credit where it is due.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8568613.stm

606: DEBATE
"I don't think even the most biased Chelsea fan could say that Inter weren't marginally better over the two legs"
- Jezzer
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2010
This statement is highly retarded.
By the time Beckham became a senior player, United had won 2 league titles and one European cup under Ferguson.
Anyone saying United made millions of the back of Beckham is a simpleton. . . .stop copying and pasting rubbish to make useless points.
United made money from their success on the football pitch.

Beckham became a senior player in 1997, unless you are referring the Cup winners cup to European cup, I dont think fergie has won one before Beckham became a senior player,

And the highest selling Jersey was #7 Manchester United red top worn by a certain David Beckham, and the moment he left, Real Madrid took the over as the richest club
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 1:56pm On Mar 18, 2010
omar22:

Beckham became a senior player in 1997, unless you are referring the Cup winners cup to European cup, I dont think fergie has won one before Beckham became a senior player,

How many titles have United won before 1997?
Go and get your facts sorted. United generated money from the new SKYSPORTS deal with the English FA.
The reorganisation of the English league and the TV money meant United made loads of money winning those titles from 93 till Beckham learnt how to cross the ball properly.

And the highest selling Jersey was #7 Manchester United red top worn by a certain David Beckham, and the moment he left, Real Madrid took the over as the richest club

Whatever Beckham made wearing the number 7 shirt, he made it for himself not for Man Utd.
Go and learn about image rights.
P.S. Madrid were not even the richest club throughout the time Beckham was there. . . . . .Being rich is dependent on value not necessarily by revenue. . . . . . . .How come AC Milan or LA Galaxy weren't the richest when David Beckham joined em.
Get some perspective, man. . . . . .stop talking like an illiterate.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by A40(m): 2:10pm On Mar 18, 2010
You guys are not just being fair to Mourinho how much did he have to burn at Porto? What time was he given to build at Chelsea? He was under pressure from the word go and he delivered 5 trophies in 3 seasons and made the UCL semi's twice!! Y'all say he spent money but spending money does not guarantee shyte! Pellegrini has a squad worth almost half a billion Euros and couldn't even make it past Lyon and a third division side in the Copa Del Rey

@Ibime
Stop making Wenger & SAF sound like saints!! If AW cares so much about Arsenal let him take a paycut someone who earns 5mil per annum abeg leave story for tortoise by the way which big club would Wenger last with his mediocre UCL record? 2 UCL semi's in 13 years? you can't be serious man

Same goes for SAF! Who needed 3 or 4 years to even pick a trophy another 7 to win a league title and 13 to win Europe's biggest prize!

Which modern manager is afforded such luxuries at big clubs these days?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 2:27pm On Mar 18, 2010
How many titles have United won before 1997?
Go and get your facts sorted. United generated money from the new SKYSPORTS deal with the English FA.
The reorganisation of the English league and the TV money meant United made loads of money winning those titles from 93 till Beckham learnt how to cross the ball properly.

each team gets £19m a season NOW and it was lower 15 years ago and its been shared equally, United were one the first teams to float themselves on the stock market this generated more fund for Fergie to smash transfer records after records, ok they won titles but they were pants in Europe and the Premier League wasnt an attractive product to the world,

Whatever Beckham made wearing the number 7 shirt, he made it for himself not for Man Utd.
Go and learn about image rights.
P.S. Madrid were not even the richest club throughout the time Beckham was there. . . . . .Being rich is dependent on value not necessarily by revenue. . . . . . . .How come AC Milan or LA Galaxy weren't the richest when David Beckham joined em.
Get some perspective, man. . . . . .stop talking like an illiterate.

Uptill the end of the 1998/99 season Beckham was on £25k a week, NO IMAGE RIGHT!!!! but after when Roy Keane broke the wage structure by earning £52k and Beckham realised how much united were making, he demanded 90k plus a certain % on image right, this was the moment when Adidas, Pepsi started rolling in, dont come here try and make us look stupid.

As at 2005 Real Madrid had the highest turnover in football, the #23 real Madrid shirt owned by Beckham selling more than Zidane, Figo, Raul and Ronaldo all together. In the first one month of Beckham arriving at Madrid Real Madrid sold over 1 million tops at 72 euros each was frightening, and every new sponsor deal Beckham signs whilst at Madrid, the Club is entitled to a certain percentage.

AC Milan and LA Galaxy can not have the same pulling power, because by the end of 2006 Ronaldinho was the highest earning player in the world meaning the tide was shifting away from Beckham, the main reason Barca could let Ronaldinho go is because the clubs makes as much from Messi as they used to make from Ronaldinho….
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 2:38pm On Mar 18, 2010
omar22:

each team gets £19m a season NOW and it was lower 15 years ago and its been shared equally, United were one the first teams to float themselves on the stock market this generated more fund for Fergie to smash transfer records after records, ok they won titles but they were pants in Europe and the Premier League wasnt an attractive product to the world,

Each team gets £19 million NOW? You are so ignorant.
A relegating team in the PREM makes more than £30 million now and you are here talking bollocks.
Even in em days, the money Murdoch pumped into the game was higher than what other European leagues had to offer. . . . .

United's success on the pitch brought the dough - coupled with the fact that they are the most supported football club in the world.
Fans kept pouring in, their stadium kept expanding and they were able to tap into the Asian market to sell merchandise.
What has floating the club on the stock market gotta do with being rich? The money United made was generated organically by Man Utd. Simple!

Uptill the end of the 1998/99 season Beckham was on £25k a week, NO IMAGE RIGHT!!!! but after when Roy Keane broke the wage structure by earning £52k and Beckham realised how much united were making, he demanded 90k plus a certain % on image right,  this was the moment when Adidas, Pepsi started rolling in,  dont come here try and make us look silly.

Beckham's wages when he left Man Utd was £50k/week. In that same season, Ferdinand and Sol Campbell were making twice as much per week.
David Beckham rose from the academy. . . . .There's no way he was going to be getting paid like the mercenaries tapped from other clubs.
Stop sounding like a retard - if United's income centred around Beckham, would SAF sell him to Madrid? Do you sell your major source of income?
Fergie even hated the media circus around Beckham. . . . .That was the reason he sold his arse off to Madrid.
United's wealth had nothing to do with Beckham - Fans/TV money provided the wealth not Beckham.

As at 2005 Real Madrid had the highest turnover in football, the #23 real Madrid shirt owned by Beckham selling more than Zidane, Figo, Raul and Ronaldo all together. In the first one month of Beckham arriving at Madrid Real Madrid sold over 1 million tops at 72 euros each was frightening, and every new sponsor deal Beckham signs whilst at Madrid, the Club is entitled to a certain percentage.

Highest turnover does not make you the richest. . . . .Stop talking like a goat.
A club's wealth is basically defined by the value of the club not their turn-over.
United are twice the club Real Madrid are in value. . . . .So Omar was successful in a single financial year making $1 billion whilst Aliko Dangote made $600 million in the same year. . . . .Does that mean you are RICHER than Dangote because of the report of one single financial year?
U know nothing!!!

AC Milan and LA Galaxy can not have the same pulling power, because by the end of 2006 Ronaldinho was the highest earning player in the world meaning the tide was shifting away from Beckham, the main reason Barca could let Ronaldinho go is because the clubs makes as much from Messi as they used to make from Ronaldinho….

You are attaching so much nonsense to this highest earning player bullshit.
Why did Ferguson dump Beckham to Real Madrid if he was the main source of income?
That question alone makes you sound like a classic buffoon.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Ibime(m): 2:53pm On Mar 18, 2010
When I talk about IMAGE at Man Utd, Im talking about style of play, not David Beckham.

@ all,

Since Jose is no longer at Chelsea (under mean RA), can y'all name how many players under-25 that he has bought and is developing at Inter?

Please dont mention Mcdonald Mariga.

Is it 30 year old Milito and 28 year old Motta that are gonna carry Inters hopes in 3 to 4 years, after JM is long gone. . . .or will they have to start rebuilding again like Chelsea is doing now.

Lemme show you some of the young players JM sacrificed to Genoa just to buy Motta:

Robert Acquafresca - solid Italian U-21 striker with a good reputation as a hot propspect.
Leonardo Bonucci - after less than a season, he has already played for Italian National team. 22 years old.
Francesco Bolzoni - Italian U-21 International

It is pertinent to note that Akola refused to answer my question about Lassana Diarra and Glen Johnson.

Again, as I have said, Jose only cares about himself. Phuck the future, cos he wont be here in the future.

omar22:

“He is only here for his own self-promotion” well he could get sacked tomorrow so he has to think about himself…

Ditto!

No one can make excuses for JM. When at Chelsea, Jose asked for sole control of transfer targets. With the exception of Boulahrouz and Sheva, he is responsible for Chelseas signings.

He was given a clean slate and unlimited funds to build the club in his image. Every flair player that is somebody now was available to Jose.

He turned down Ribery, turned down Torres. If he wanted he could have bought ANY flair player that we know today. Instead he went for Drogba-style football, buying mature gra-gra players who have to be replaced now due to old age. Meanwhile Torres is still in his youth, as is Ribery.

He was given all he needed to build the club in his style. . . . and his style wasnt pleasant to RA who gave him unlimited funds to do so. . . . thats why was sacked!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 2:58pm On Mar 18, 2010
Each team gets £19 million NOW? You are so ignorant.
A relegating team in the PREM makes more than £30 million now and you are here talking bollocks.
Even in em days, the money Murdoch pumped into the game was higher than what other European leagues had to offer. . . . .

United's success on the pitch brought the dough - coupled with the fact that they are the most supported football club in the world.
Fans kept pouring in, their stadium kept expanding and they were able to tap into the Asian market to sell merchandise.
What has floating the club on the stock market gotta do with being rich? The money United made was generated organically by Man Utd. Simple!

Thats not sky money, Oh gosh, thats the viewing right the premier league sold all over the world,

You know what, it seems like you can’t handle a conversation or a debate disagreeing with you always result into insults, I guess I should leave you to fight your own demons, speaking to you is like speaking to someone who could easily start an argument in an empty room…

Chao!!!!

Beckham's wages when he left Man Utd was £50k/week.

I deal with FACTS not assumptions

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/3027443/Beckham-to-sign-100000-a-week-deal.html
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by v3: 3:06pm On Mar 18, 2010
First with Porto (Portugese League, Portugese FA Cup grin , UCL).

Next he moves to Stamford Bridge and he wins the EPL in his 1st season! Someone must be drunk or plain stewpid to call that a fluke! (5 trophies to his name while at Stamford Bridge)

Next he moves to the toughest league in the world (Serie A) and wins the title?

You've gotta be on some x-rated shekpe/crunkberry juice to call that a fluke.

Now he mouths off the the entire world that HE WILL see off Chelsea (tactically of course) at the bridge, and does so? shocked shocked

I'd BOLDLY say this, if JM becomes your coach/manager & you don't win anything in the first two seasons. . .then such a club's been cursed
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by v3: 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2010
@Ibime

Those sacrifices all paid off in due time, or have you forgotten the millions JM spent to bring Chelsea out of the dark waters?

If he felt sacrificing all three players (with hot prospects or not) to get TM, it's worth it i guess (TM was definitely brilliant against Chelsea), so what are you on about bro cause i REALLY don't undy u undecided
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 3:12pm On Mar 18, 2010
No one can make excuses for JM. When at Chelsea, Jose asked for sole control of transfer targets. With the exception of Boulahrouz and Sheva, he is responsible for Chelseas signings.

He was given a clean slate and unlimited funds to build the club in his image. Every flair player that is somebody now was available to Jose.

He turned down Ribery, turned down Torres. If he wanted he could have bought ANY flair player that we know today. Instead he went for Drogba-style football, buying mature gra-gra players who have to be replaced now due to old age. Meanwhile Torres is still in his youth, as is Ribery.

He was given all he needed to build the club in his style. . . . and his style wasnt pleasant to RA who gave him unlimited funds to do so. . . . thats why was sacked!

Jose said he points to the player he wants, how much they pays for them is up to Peter Kenyon or Roman, He turned down Torres because he wanted David Villa, he turned down Ribery because he had Robben… Jose didn’t buy Drogba, it was Ranieri, Ballack was bought by the club as part of the Adidas deal and Ballack is the face Adidas… (After they wanted to force Chelsea to take Beckham), RA advisers started to interfere and during the 3rd season after Gallas and Huth was sold without any replacement, Roman refuse to release money during the January window when he could have got Distain and Ben Haim for half a million, Jose was prepared to sell SWP to fund the purchase but Roman declined it, in the end for a period of some game Chelsea had to play both Essien and Ferreira in defence….

RA was about the STYLE of play fair enough but that’s the hardest part, Capello was sacked twice after winning La Liga because of the style of play… Do you think England are concerned about how Capello sets out the team? not many teams could play like Brazil and win!!!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2010
omar22:

Thats not sky money, Oh gosh, thats the viewing right the premier league sold all over the world,

And who handles the TV rights of the Premier League? NTA abi AIT? grin grin grin
Everything concerning the Premier League goes through SKY. . . . .Read a book.

I deal with FACTS not assumptions
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/3027443/Beckham-to-sign-100000-a-week-deal.html

£100,000 a week ma black ass.
This is the biggest load of tosh i have read. . . .
This is near the truth but the wages here are even overstated. . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup2002/hi/team_pages/england/newsid_1976000/1976699.stm

He signed the new contract in May 2002 and he left in the summer of 2003.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply)

Leeds United Vs Manchester City (1 - 1) On 3rd October 2020 / Southampton Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 28th December 2014 / Manchester City Vs Real Madrid: UCL (0 - 0) On 26th April 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.