Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,382 members, 7,908,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 06:56 PM

Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (38641 Views)

We’ll Rule Lagos For 35 More Years – APC / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by con9ja: 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2007
Now that is  serious   lipsrsealed
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by segun44: 8:59pm On Apr 08, 2007
up pedro ,no pedro no lagos.just 6 days u guys would see results.well u can still vote for the winning party.labour party is party,femi pedro is d man.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 9:12pm On Apr 08, 2007
@HOAO62

Whats with the issue of trying to run us out of the thread prematurely? undecided

so, because we are convinced Fashola would win now, we should not bother to reply to posts here again? na wa o . . . shocked grin u for go tell Yar Adua say make hin go siddon for Katsina state instead of campaigning grin

I will reply the rest of your posts tomorrow, but then na wa o . . .all these fallacies you are coming up with baffles me no end o!!! shocked grin
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by joorojaara(f): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2007

ok he was eased out of GTB, so what? maybe it was a difference of opinion or philosophy, you cannot simply conclude that it was due to 'non-performance'

and so what if he went back into paid employment? If one discovers that he should his calling after trying something else, I don't see any flaw in that.

and to further mention, even if he goes to another party (just as his principal Tinubu did) as long as he continues to do his duty, I don't see the relevance of your 'your money and our money' comment.

I don't have any evidence of any agreement with Afikuyomi, please show proof. very few deputies would not want to step into the position of their bosses so that is no big deal.

the fact that he would be replaced as MD of FA doesn't show he was incompetent either, new owners want to do things their own way, simple and short.

nothing said here has shown pedro to be unworthy, the only thing that can be said is that he has not been in politics long enough.

1. You have a point about the non-performance issue but the event happened. How you view it is up to each individual.

2. The comment about FP being on salary and him running his own business directly addesses the issue that he brought up about Agbaje's competence to rule Lagos after only employing up to 20 people, when FP himself has not successfully employed up to 20 peple himself.

3. About Afikuyomi, FP has not denied it but said that it was his right to attempt to become Governor. Again it comes down to the simple issue of "Is your word your bond" or do we need legions of lawyers to stand with us whenever we have to deal with you?

4. My issue is that integrity must be unassailable or don't make it your platform. Human beings are not perfect but those living in glass houses definately can not afford to throw stones.

5. What is honourable is not up for debate. You either have it or you do not. Just because one person does something and appears to get away with it does not make it honourable. At least it doesn't in societies that treasure honour!

6. I don't believe that FP is incompetent. I never said that. I just pointed out what everyone wanted to know, "what did Jimi Agbaje mean?".

7. To clarify my personal views on the issue, I don't believe that FP is the best person for the job (I used to!). I also do not believe that he is an honourable person that would make sacrifices for Lagos. I make this observation based on his actions while in government and on the current election campaign. His making issues personal with Fashola and Agbaje to me shows a lack of maturity and an absense of concrete ideas. The position that he seeks requires one to be able to serve the people not rule them, not mislead them. The person should be able to make self sacrifices for the peoples greater good. I do not see FP as that person. Hounour can not be bought. You also can not claim it. You can only live it. As Sun Tzu pointed out in the "Art of War", you profit not by denigrating your enemy.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by debosky(m): 11:12pm On Apr 08, 2007
I'm glad we understand each other better now, still on the party swapping matter, all the candidates currently up - Agbaje, Fashola, Obanikoro, Pedro, Afikuyomi - all were in the AD, now they have all moved on to other platforms in a desire to actualise their ambitions, on this particular issue, my opinion is that it has finally been confirmed that Nigerian politicians have no loyalty to a party, the core of the system is personality based, and how each one can use whatever platform he is in to further his ambition

on that note, there can be no issue of 'integrity' concerning Pedro's party shift, that is simply the way politicians shift to achieve their goals, the crux of the matter is the integrity or otherwise of the personality involved, not the structure.

a second comment - Koro and Fashola unfortunately have been at the forefront of the name calling and abusive ads running daily, I have seen no evidence of Pedro or Agbaje taking part in that (please proffer evidence if it exists). that to me shows some poise and comportment of someone running an issues based campaign, not one based on mudslinging. He has more integrity than the two 'front runners' put together.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 12:48am On Apr 09, 2007
Koro is not good for Lagos If you want a change of govt vote jimi Agbaje or anybody but I am convinced that the AC led govt is the best for Lagos and Lagosians .
Eko o ni Baje o

Koro just another thug and man with shady past a fraudster at best
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 12:59am On Apr 09, 2007
God bless you.
See me, even if they rig d election, my conscience 'll be at rest that i, you, we did d right thing. Everybody loves Jimi agbaje
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 1:05am On Apr 09, 2007
All those talk by koro of biscuits are like playing on our intelligence.
He added that he wasn't even sure if those people that attacked him know how to shoot! Koro! Kai.
Am annoyed with d way ac is wasting money on fash's campaign. Remember, when d ac preliminaries took place, d contest was between agbaje and fash then, but when tinubu sprayed some perfume, fash became d anoinoted candidate.
Remember, fash promised to give us or we or them 10000 naira every month until they get employed. Without working?
Anyway, d final showdown of stv's debate 'll hold tomorrow by 5
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by lagoslol: 2:25am On Apr 09, 2007
dayokanu:

Lagosians vote anyone with a clean record be it Pedro, Agbaje, fashola or anyone but not a fraudster like Obanikoro that was born in 1960 and 1954 at the sametime me I am voting[b] Fashola[/b]

Dayokanu i cant lie u r my best unpaid reporter, like u said i should check national assembly website i have. So do u want me to believe dat website over a mans passport, school records and d website i told u to check dat is internationally renowned. I will only go by a web site dat peroidically upload there information. I wont believe a website dat still tells us is in AD and calls surulere nurulere. And as for dat fake INEC form u put online(yahoo yahoo boy) i just hope u run away with tinubu come may29 if not u will land in jail with him! lol calling somebody a fraudster tea pot calling kettle black!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by juvenile: 2:28am On Apr 09, 2007
ok 1st off

1. it is not worth answering or replying any posts on femi pedro's ability and integrity.

2. jimi agbaje ran an ad yesterday on thisday newspaper. on it, Obanikoro, fashola, pedro, gbajabiamilla and afikoyomi on one tree. the root of the tree has tinubu. the stem of the tree reads "AGUNMANIYE". a second tree has only agbaje with awolowo at the root of the tree. the stem reads IROKO. AGUNMANIYE means brainless or no ideas. (please correct if i am wrong). jimi agbaje just wanted to wait for the last week to release his own attacks. \

I know for a fact that Agbaje
1) was AD treasurer since 1998 (only koro and afikuyomi had longer career)
2) was getting contracts and deals from AD / Tinubu for a number of years
3) was part of AC, co-sponsored the creation of action congress and ran until after the primaries under Action Congress

SO HE IS JUST A PART OF THAT ROOT HE DENIES HE IS A PART OFF.

i passionately believe in Femi Pedro and I believe he can make a difference and HE WILL WIN
Integrity is ROCK SOLID:
He has repeatedly said he did not buy a house, a car, or given himself a contract since he was deputy governor and no one has challenged him about  that statement (the other candidates would love to dispute that)

no trace of corruption at all. all what a lot of you are saying is BS with no speculation. not a trace. he is clean. everyone knows that. jimi agbaje knows too.

this elections is between koro and pedro. (sorry jimi, i don't know what u smoking if u think u going to win but the powers that be are not interested in you, nor are the core voters: the masses). only the elites like u but they forgot to register, lol

obasanjo (and i quote) will not leave office with tinubu is doing third term. No WAY. i promise u

lets look at this

ATIKU: disqualified by INEC
TINUBU and ATIKU: charged for corruption by EFCC.
INEC (lagos) OGA was changed (twice in the last two weeks)
Lagos Commissioner of Police was just changed couple of days ago
SSS Oga (Lagos Branch) was changed couple of days ago
All DPOs have been changed
Military will be on full alert on the day of elections

the icing on the cake: INEC will announce the winner of the race in ABUJA.
lol
TINUBU knows. thats why he is spending so much money on fashola building perception of winnability as well as popular votes amongst the people with outdoor (billboards and posters), media, propaganda and polls. that way when INEC announce the results, he can easily cry foul.

i really don't mean to be rude but i don't think many of you know what is going on. confirm all these info first if you feel i made them up.
i do hope for a free and fair elections.

vote femi pedro.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 3:14am On Apr 09, 2007
Who 1st comot from d 9 league?
D ac preliminary was a keen contest between agbaje and fash despite d fact that fash and co were complaining to d press about anointing.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by star01(m): 3:15am On Apr 09, 2007
obanikoro, obanikoro, obanikoro
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 3:16am On Apr 09, 2007
tinubu made it clear to pedro when he was appointed that, he's just a figure head. He didn't want pedro to contest for any post. But pedro didn't listen to oga and decided to run 4 governor
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 3:19am On Apr 09, 2007
On seeing that he couldn't make it under ac(after violating tinubu's orders), he opted for labour party.
Agbaje was d 1st to back out when he saw d situation of d anointings.
He had made it clear to every one that he doesn't need the incumbent's support to become governor
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 3:21am On Apr 09, 2007
Again, do you 've pedro's manifesto?
At least, i know Jimi agbaje has released his. Be realistic.
Do you reduce unemployment by telling people to submit their c.v's during rallies?
Temperament! Pedro's alias
www.jimiagbaje.com
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by juvenile: 3:32am On Apr 09, 2007
MR. MUSTAY

i think the time for arguements, accusations and counter accusations has passed. we have a few more days. i have nothing to prove to you. just wait and see. i only hope u guys will still come out on nairaland after defeat. i really love to see the look on ur "texts" he he lol

i wish agbaje a very glorious defeat. (not an embarrassing one e.g less than 100,000 votes)
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 3:34am On Apr 09, 2007
What is d population of Lasu students- internal and external?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 3:34am On Apr 09, 2007
What is d population of Lasu students- internal and external?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 3:36am On Apr 09, 2007
Honestly, with d way things are going, fash might win it.
Whatever the case, let's support whoever wins and remind him or her of d promises made during d debates etc
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by juvenile: 4:01am On Apr 09, 2007
well

good u know Agbaje cannot win.

memo
--------

dont believe the hype. fash aint winning shhhhhhh
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 4:06am On Apr 09, 2007
Why do you 've to in there again? I know, i believe Jimi agbaje 'll win cos everybody loves him. Anybody can win it
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by juvenile: 5:35am On Apr 09, 2007
lol
Mr. Mustay, read what you wrote one more time. u are confusing yourself
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by bubabe: 7:42am On Apr 09, 2007
just wanted to say hello everyone and encourage you all to remain respectful in your exchanges. afterall we are each entitled to vote for our choice. the truth is lagos will get a governor it deserves. i will cast my vote for jimi agbaje, as i am convinced by the seriousness of his plans, his passion for change, integrity and professionalism. but i certainly do respect others' choices. if we will be fair its clear fashola's mandate is to protect his boss and other members of the cabinet from an exposure of details of their unjust enrichment. koro charmed me somewhat during the channels debate but the real deal is that he has issues of integrity. my colleagues have said big deal about his falsification and all that but if we must truly make progress as a people we must begin to place importance on things that are important. we need real leaders, governance is serious business. femi pedro visited my church 3 years ago. i have a lot of respect for pastor wale adefarasin (at whose request pastor tony rapu accepted to have pedro speak to us) but i was shocked by his evasiveness and seeming lack of depth. i could tell he nursed governorship ambitions at the time but something about him made me uncomfortable. years on i can see he is a good debater (on the surface) and does a damn good job of playing to the gallery but i wont vote for someone who brandishes endorsements by pfn etc. thats too shallow. the truth is, he wasnt endorsed. pastor adefarasin gave him a letter which i hear caused a lot of furore at the pfn meeting (the others said he lacked the authority to do so) the question is where is God in all of this? why such desperation? focus on issues. pfn has had unity issues lately anyway. politicians should resist the urge to make these men of God compromise their position. i hope i havent offended anyone. just trying to air my views. may the best man win
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 8:34am On Apr 09, 2007
bubabe, you are highly mistaken. first of all, mr pedro has never kept away from issue politics. i mean, you said you watched the debates yourself. this man is ready for the job.  thats the reason why he probably did not feel the need to respond to tinubu and agbaje's reckless statements more than he had already done.

even me as a non-christian understands the depth of this spiritual battle going on. the religious leaders themselves know what they are doing. it doesnt even have nada to do with money or influence. it is their faith. lets not make their decision political. all of a sudden, you want to condemn the decision of the church leaders? we are talking about the most influential christian leaders (oyedepo, okonkwo etc), bubabe, its deeper than you think.

the way the majority of the christian community has rallied around pedro has been mind boggling for people like us.

and then you mention jimi agbaje's integrity and professionalism. you must not have watched the debate. it is a lack of professionalism for someone to go on national television to question someone else's character. it is unprofessional for him to put the 'thisday' advert in the papers. it is even more reckless of him to claim to be a manufacturer of goods, when he was just a pharmacist.

in jimi's frustrations, he has been reckless and has shown his true colours.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 10:23am On Apr 09, 2007
Juvenile, am facing reality.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 10:30am On Apr 09, 2007
Street, what do you mean by reckless?
During that debate, pedro questioned Jimi's experience and he got an answer which aint reckless.
I thank God am not d only one thinking of pedro's temperament.
4 4 years, he ought to know how to play d game.
Also, pedro can't reply to tinubu's stuffs cos if he does, tinubu 'll lash him. . . You know say that man sabi talk whoever wins, let's support him or her. FINal
as a journalist, that's what you're meant to be preaching cos it's 5 days away
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by juvenile: 10:43am On Apr 09, 2007
u guys should be worrying about where u can get Jimi Agbaje votes.
mr. mustay. go out and ask people to vote for jimi agbaje cos i think u guys are a couple hundred thousand short from being close to winning.

mr. bubus or whatever your name is:

its not too late to change. don't waste ur vote. i do respect JayKay, but sincerely believe he is second to femi pedro. the LTV and channells debate showed that he's not on Femi pedro's radar. he couldnt even answer the question of bird flu epidemic. he also thinks fourth mainland bridge is not necessary. he also says he will get areaboys the same amount that oil companies give welders. lol. to name a few.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2007
Who have you asked? Where 've you been? The only reason why i think ac can win is cos of d illiteracy level that persists
they 'don't know book' so when they're given 500, indomie,milk sachets etc which Jimi 'll never subscribe to, they'll 've no choice.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 10:52am On Apr 09, 2007
And i feel like cursing you when you say 100000 people, are you joking? See, d ac fears Agbaje more than they fear others or y didn't tinubu mention Jimi's name when he was saying "i know pedro, Koro etc too well, they can't be trusted "
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 10:55am On Apr 09, 2007
Juvenile, is pedro realistic by telling people to drop their c v's at rallies?nonsense
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by juvenile: 10:58am On Apr 09, 2007
mr mustay.

okay lets yan like young adults which i think you are.
500 naira will not buy votes trust me. most people will take the money and vote against you out of annoyance.
the money is really spent on rigging.

i really can't wait for saturday.
im sure FP has a soft spot for agbaje.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by bubabe: 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2007
wow guys i don't think i can keep up with your posts! you should see the smile across my face - - i am amazed by how seriously passionate each of you is about your positions. trust me guys it would be crazy if we all supported the same person. to that extent i am not worried about whats going on. i only wish our country and state had developed to an extent where we know we can get the minimum from each candidate. then it will be a question of picking the best from good candidates. my worry is that corruption has eaten into the very fibre of the way we do things. instead of responding in detail to all you've said, I'm more interested in pleading with everyone to respect others' views. streetcyph is really passionate about pedro i can see that. thats fair. but be careful what you say about pastors and leaders. i know more than you probably realise i do. but even if my pastor asked me to vote pedro or else, i still wouldn't. and I'm pretty confident that he and many others know that it takes much more than declaring oneself to be a Christian to merit the job. i watched the debate and i saw a man who crossed from confident to arrogant and when the steam came on handled it badly. his comments were denigrating of the pharmaceutical profession and that wasn't right. afterall he has only ever been an employee his 50 or so years. we all know it takes a lot to pay salaries of even just 10 people. small business is the bedrock of a country's economic development - any development economist would know this. i have spoken to a few people who worked in gtb at the relevant time and i know what i have been told. anyway i will stop now and step back into readership mode. oh before i forget someone said i shouldn't waste my vote. thats a shame really, as no vote is a waste. my vote is my right and my responsibility. at the heart of true democracy is the right of every man and woman to choose who they want to govern them. even if i was the only one who voted for a particular candidate it remains my expression of choice and confidence in that person. well i wish everyone the best. I'm happy someone wrote that whoever wins lets be alive to our responsibility to remind him or her of all the promises. For anyone who's undecided I recommend Jimi Agbaje see today's Guardian http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/editorial_opinion/article04, but like i said before it's not a do or die thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (31) (Reply)

Abiriba King Orders Closure Of Police Stations Over IPOB Women, Soldiers Faceoff / We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi / Which Nigeria's President Do You Have The Most Respect For And Why (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.