Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,428 members, 7,884,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 06:30 PM

Forex Traders' Discussions - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Traders' Discussions (11884 Views)

DiamondBank Marketer Flees With Lagos Traders’ Deposits / Breaking: 1000 Pips For Forex Traders This Week!!! / Bill Gates Loan To Nigeria Forex Traders? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 12:58pm On Dec 20, 2009
korogba:

Hi peeps.

Kashif, U seem to have a sound knowlegde of FOREX. How does sum1 start learnin this thing from the scratch. Please can u recommend any particular training centres here in Lagos, manuals, or websites one can use to get a grip of it.

Cheers.

I am not able to recommend any training centre because I am self-trained. When I got to the centre where I was supposed to be trained, I was told the trainer was no longer available. I could not trust the other guys who offered to train me so, I started out on my own.

Before you pay anybody for training, let him show you proof of profitable live trading. The truth is that most trainers are not traders. Also, don't accept to be trained during weekends.

You can check wwwdotbabypipsdotcom. You can get all you need to get you on demo trading.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by honeric01(m): 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2009
Kashif:

Don't double even when you think you have a reversal. Get used to this and you'll be good. Learn when to use a SL. Most times, prices get back from losses to profit but when they don't, they threaten accounts. If you don't us SL then know when reversal is an impossible in a couple of days or even weeks, and cut your losses.

On which pair are you picking the losses? If you are on EURGBP then be careful.

i only focus on GU and rare trade EU and GJ, when a reversal is sure, just be sure of how strong it's going to be, i mean some reversals are just for a few pips and with that the opponent direction is expected to pick up once the short reversal ends. i didn't learn from anyone either, i get red pips too but i try as much as possible to have more green pips than red pips at the end of a trading session. NO ONE IS EXPECTED NOT TO LOSE ONCE IN A WHILE.

SL is very dangerous except you are sure of your system. when you are not sure of the trend, you are expected to use a tight SL, when a trend is not clear enough, learn to scalp, that works too but be very careful when scalping.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2009
GU is generous. With patience and some level of baby-sitting, you can mostly win with it.

I trade whichever pair I spot an opportunity in though I stay away from pairs with high spreads. These days, I don't enter a trade if I don't see a potential of at least, 50pips, taking scalping out of my strategy. Babysitting trades steer me to mistakes and emotional trading, which I don't like.

If there is a reversal, it is important to look at higher TFs to know if it an impulsive or corrective trend. NO ONE can trade forex without losses. The elementary rule is 'cut your losses and let your profit run'.

I don't quite understand what you meant by SL being dangerous. If I get it to mean it is bad to use then, you need to learn another angle to it. Some times, it is not always good to use a fixed SL - SLs are best calculated. What I mean is that you don't always use the same SL all the time, 30pips say; ie, if you choose to use one. I don't use it always.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by honeric01(m): 5:57pm On Dec 20, 2009
i also don't use sl, you just spoke about what i meant when i raised the issue of sl. anyways, what pf do you use?
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2009
honeric01:

i also don't use sl, you just spoke about what i meant when i raised the issue of sl. anyways, what pf do you use?

What do you mean by pf? do you mean tf?
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by honeric01(m): 7:40pm On Dec 20, 2009
Kashif:

What do you mean by pf? do you mean tf?

PF= PLATFORM
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2009
mt4
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by honeric01(m): 9:08pm On Dec 20, 2009
oh ok, how good is MT4? how about their spread and leverage? and is scaping allowed? i use marketiva for now but their spread is just too much for me and they sometimes act anyhow with their margin calls.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by netcoil: 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2009
What method do u use?
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 9:28pm On Dec 20, 2009
my post is missing again! what is wrong moderators?!
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2009
netcoil:

What method do u use?

i day trade.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by honeric01(m): 9:31pm On Dec 20, 2009
Kashif:

my post is missing again! what is wrong moderators?!

did u post any link or advertise?
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by babasho: 10:26pm On Dec 20, 2009
Hello moderator,

How do you distinguish btw sharing of ideas and marketing? As for me, there is only a thing line btw them. Though I am against blatant advert but you seem not to be clear enough on your statement that says ideas, strategies, systems, signals are welcome. how then do I give these if I already have them published free on my site? Do I still have to come here and post it here. Allow people to share their ideas provided they didn't demand for money. Give this a thought. A well meaning fellow should not think of reaping off other people.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by babasho: 10:34pm On Dec 20, 2009
Hi Kashif, day trading is not a method. Answer the question properly.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 10:40pm On Dec 20, 2009
I will no longer post here until somebody tells me what is happening to my posts. Nonsense!

I respond to questions only to have them deleted without warning. So dumb and annoying.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by babasho: 10:57pm On Dec 20, 2009
Sorry Kashif,
I wish you read my post just above your post. It's annoying. If you dont mind can we chat? my yahoo ID is fulfilmentcentre@yahoo.com.
Se ya
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by murphy02(m): 11:48am On Dec 21, 2009
For anyone willing to learn fx trading, ill advice you get someone that ll teach you one on one for atleast two weeks. i was trained for almost 5 weeks.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by emyworld: 9:19am On Dec 22, 2009
murphy, are in lagos or in abuja?
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by honeric01(m): 9:33am On Dec 22, 2009
murphy02:

For anyone willing to learn fx trading, ill advice you get someone that ll teach you one on one for atleast two weeks. i was trained for almost 5 weeks.

This thread is for giving tips, advise and related info as the starter of the thread stated, not for advert.
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by babasho: 11:29am On Dec 22, 2009
GBPJPY Daily Forecast

Here is my candid opinion about GBPJPY today
The GBPJPY had a moderate bullish momentum yesterday, topped at 146.46 and closed at 146.25. Overall price still trapped in range area of 144.85 - 146.80 but the pressure should remains to the upside. However we need a valid break above 146.80 area to continue the bullish scenario targeting 148.50 area. Immediate support at 145.45 area. Break below that area should trigger further bearish pressure re-testing 144.85 area.

Find attached a copy of 4hr chart.

Happy trading!
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by babasho: 11:42am On Dec 22, 2009
here is the chart

Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by murphy02(m): 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2009
@ emyworld
Am in Lagos, But ll visit Abuja in January
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by honeric01(m): 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2009
babasho:

GBPJPY Daily Forecast

Here is my candid opinion about GBPJPY today
The GBPJPY had a moderate bullish momentum yesterday, topped at 146.46 and closed at 146.25. Overall price still trapped in range area of 144.85 - 146.80 but the pressure should remains to the upside. However we need a valid break above 146.80 area to continue the bullish scenario targeting 148.50 area. Immediate support at 145.45 area. Break below that area should trigger further bearish pressure re-testing 144.85 area.

Find attached a copy of 4hr chart.

Happy trading!

thanks for the info, do you trade GU?
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by emyworld: 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2009
ok, my number is 07055914334. pls text me when you arrive abuja
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by mabsam(m): 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2009
I'm sorry for the silence all this while, NL witheld my posting privileges cos i posted a strategy they thought was spam. Thanks to all contributors for keeping the thread alive.
@babasho
i'm sorry if u misunderstood what i mean't, please if u have good forex education articles on ur website feel free to drop ur website address here. Thanks for the GJ forecast we are expecting more.
@Kashif
please do not be discouraged, one of my posts is missing too, we hope they resolve the issue soon. as a key contributor we do not want to lose u thanks
Re: Forex Traders' Discussions by Kashif(m): 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2009
I have posted again and once more, it has gotten missing. Guys, take care. I am honestly peeved. angry

BTW, who knows Seun's email?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pls Who Else Is Having Issues With Access Bank Today?? / Two Lessons You Have To Unlearn If You Want To Be Rich / The Best Forex Broker For Scalpers/news Traders?!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.